• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Itachi would solo the entirety of tier 2, for that is what it means to be THE Solo King.
bare-chested tier 2 Madara says hi.
tumblr_myp2y2Cuca1rjks8ao1_r1_500.gif

I think we need to finalize this. I'm pretty sure everything that needs saying has already been said. Now all we have to do is settle on a conclusion, then figure out exactly how it'll affect the characters.

8 Agree: Rocker1189, M3X, TheFinalOrder, Shadyboi0, 00potato, Shadowbokunohero (Staff), The_Alxhemist, Jvando (Staff),
2 Agree With NPI but Disagree with Soul Manipulation: UchihaSlayer96, Purgy,
0 Agree With Soul Manipulation but Disagree with NPI:
0 Disagree:
5 Inconclusive:
BlastX, OneBleachHurricane, DarkDragonMedeus (Staff), Damage3245 (Staff), Elizhaa (Staff)

Here are the votes I picked up. Nobody disagrees fully. 2 staff fully agree, 3 inconclusive.
Some weren't counted since their views were vague, but they either fit in the second or the last.

@Warren_Valion sorry for @mentioning you, you didn't vote.

Anybody else have anything concerning the topic?

I'm pretty sure Damage mentioned something about agreeing with NPI and not Soul Manipulation, but I don't think he gave his full thoughts or reasoning.

I just don't know about Soul Manipulation being awarded to characters like the Jinchuriki. What would that mean in a practical sense? They can't rip out people's souls and I don't know if there's enough evidence to say that they could just punch a character who is only a soul.

I doubt they could Human Path rip their soul out.

Naruto has been shown to at least interact with his soul, and all the other jinchuriki should fall under that.
I doubt it's like dura defying and targets only the soul, but I think it should be that they could (as you said) punch a soul.

I'm in agreement for them having non physical and soul manipulation and noncorporeal. The biju are stated to be souls or made completely of chakra, tso can interact with souls, any rinnegan user can literally grab souls, muu can interact with light (i think), the jins have mental battles and since chakra is half spiritual energy it means they all interact with and can manipulate spiritual energy.

It seems more likely he can interact with his own soul but not the soul of other people.
I think the fact of him interacting with his soul and literally can control spiritual energy should be enough to suggest he can attack other souls. It's not like naruto or anyone else's soul in naruto is fundamentally different from each others.

I think the fact of him interacting with his soul and literally can control spiritual energy should be enough to suggest he can attack other souls. It's not like naruto or anyone else's soul in naruto is fundamentally different from each others.
Yet no one has shown to be able of doing that

At least without 6th paths

Not showing doesn't mean they can't, and also naruto can, he isn't any different when it comes to touching souls. And the fact they all can interact with spiritual energy is enough to grant soul non physical interaction.

I'm pretty sure someone brought up the fact that itachis susanoo which is just chakra can literally hold spiritual weapons that are stated to not have a physical form. So interacting with chakra is the same or similar to interacting with souls.

I'm pretty sure someone brought up the fact that itachis susanoo which is just chakra can literally hold spiritual weapons that are stated to not have a physical form. So interacting with chakra is the same or similar to interacting with souls.
Yes which is why he has/should NPI

Also this was explained before but their soul manipulation

Is just due to them being able to manipulate their own spirit to combine it with mental energy

Not cus they can harm souls

Only a few have it due to harming souls

Why is touching and harming different? They have spiritual energy, can spiritual energy not harm spirits now?

Why is touching and harming different? They have spiritual energy, can spiritual energy not harm spirits now?
The result of them combining spirit energy and mental energy to create fire, wind etc. Has never shown to harm the soul of any one

Not even the edo tensei which regen is soul based

I'm pretty sure it just nullifies the Ninjutu thus sending that piece of the soul back to the paradise land through causation.

Banned topic and the OP literally said not to bring that up
It's fine, Damage and ShadowBNH explained it.

I linked the original thread where they turned it into a discussion rule and they talked about it.

In all honesty, since we've discussed the original stuff for 2 pages already, if the staff allow it (requesting confirmation just in case), it could be discussed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back