• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He wouldn't be using them he would just know his techniques
That is almost the same thing to Zoro. The Humandrills also knew about his techniques and weaknesses, Zoro needed to learn to adapt to situations where he is forced to counter his own techniques and weaknesses, especially against enemy, who are capable of analyzing his abilities.

Zoro is not fighting a single giant enemy, he is fighting multiple big opponents.

Fighting only using ranged attacks is not in character for Zoro, and spamming attacks from a distance wont bring him anywhere since Orochi can deflect his ranged spashes with his WSRSF.

Because of that, he will get close to him to attack him, but in doing that he will get overwhelmed by the number of attacks that he will received from multiple angles, all of them with the WSRSF.

For now I'm voting Orochi.

Orochi's ability to simultaneously fire spam and melee spam is going to make him the antagonizer in this fight, unless Zoro is completely unbothered by the flames, he'll have to spend much of his time, dodging/ blocking and moving away from the flames (which should be individually faster than Zoro since they are faster than Orochi's melee judging from Garou's performance) which will make it harder for him to go on the offensive.
"Even if Orochi might get a better understanding of Zoro's abilities. The Humandrills, Mihawk's trained monkey army perfectly imitated Zoro's three swords after seeing it once, not only one could imitated Zoro's three sword style, there were basically 20+ more who could do the same. His 2 years training essentially consisted of fighting against enemies, who analyzed and imitated Zoro's abilities. Zoro would just notice that Orochi is slowly analyzing his abilities, then will counter it."

I think you deliberately ignored this.
Orochi doesn't slowly analyze abilities, he copies and adapts instantaneously. Zoro being trained against people who can copy his techniques will help, but it doesn't give him victory straight up- since we get into a technique back-and-forth when Zoro has this kind of skill, because Zoro will adapt to Orochi's adaptions and Orochi will adapt to Zoro's countermeasures, and so on and so forth. Skill is an important factor in this fight but I still think that Orochi is going to win it close quarters by overwhelming Zoro in a way pure skill can't counter.

Judging by how Zoro fought Pica, another giant opponent, Zoro will not only not try to outrange Orochi, but will try to do what Garou did and cut through Orochi, placing him in the middle of Orochi's all-angle attack spam. With speed equalized Zoro can't block this unless he's got a passive barrier type defense, and if he can't block he'll need to tank most of the attacks which have higher AP/attack reflection/piercing damage/equal speed.

I know you are all voting Zoro because he can resist fire-based attacks, but I have not seen a proper argument that Zoro can defend against multiple attacks coming from all angles with speed equalised like this.
44035028-33a2-4bc3-9c8a-775c77e860b1
Why couldn't Zoro create a tornado to deal with them?

Because they have attack reflection and superior AP, so they could individually break into through the tornado like this: Garou deflects tornado defense, plus that technique requires Zoro's swing speed to be much, much higher than his regular combat speed to work. Which maybe but that still leaves Zoro vulnerable to getting his swings deflected, potentially back at his face

"Last time this match was done both characters' profiles were outdated so let's see if Zoro can get a win even in a rematch where he's the one with the AP disadvantage."

Because they have attack reflection and superior AP, so they could individually break into through the tornado like this: Garou deflects tornado defense, plus that technique requires Zoro's swing speed to be much, much higher than his regular combat speed to work. Which maybe but that still leaves Zoro vulnerable to getting his swings deflected, potentially back at his face
Iirc, speed equal allows techniques like these to work, are you really comparing Metal Bat tornado to Zoro's tornadoes? Garou is reflecting the bat, explain to me how the Orochi is going to reflect something that is purely compressed air with only martial arts?

Perhaps, I'm misinterpreting it, but correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't OP implied that Orochi had superior AP in their previous match, and now the sides have switched?

Iirc, speed equal allows techniques like these to work, are you really comparing Metal Bat tornado to Zoro's tornadoes? Garou is reflecting the bat, explain to me how the Orochi is going to reflect something that is purely compressed air with only martial arts?
Oh it's a wind manipulation technique? I'm sorry, I misunderstood. Are you still sure Orochi wouldn't be able to get through with the AP advantage

Perhaps, I'm misinterpreting it, but correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't OP implied that Orochi had superior AP in their previous match, and now the sides have switched?
Ah, no. Unless I misintrepreted it, it's the exact opposite. Zoro won this match last time- but with an AP advantage. Now the coin is flipped and Orochi has the AP advantage

Zoro's tornado pulls enemies into it and sends them flying away while cutting them with air slashes. So I think lifting strength is also a factor here if Zoro decides to use that technique. We need to know who has higher lifting strength. If Orochi is higher, he can resist being pulled in.

Zoro's tornado pulls enemies into it and sends them flying away while cutting them with air slashes. So I think lifting strength is also a factor here if Zoro decides to use that technique. We need to know who has higher lifting strength. If Orochi is higher, he can resist being pulled in.
Both have LS - G

I can say that Orochi's lifting strength >> 4.0*10^9kg, Zoro I think > 1.73 x 10^9 (Dory)? Or does Zoro scale to Garp's LS feat? Can anyone confirm Zoro's LS

I can say that Orochi's lifting strength >> 4.0*10^9kg, Zoro I think > 1.73 x 10^9 (Dory)? Or does Zoro scale to Garp's LS feat? Can anyone confirm Zoro's LS
Outdated, currently with the crt in place it'll be Class T, but the lifting strength on the profiles are absolutely horrible.

Outdated, currently with the crt in place it'll be Class T, but the lifting strength on the profiles are absolutely horrible.
Makes sense. But on Orochi's side of things, his lifting strength is also getting an at least class T upgrade and he's getting upgraded to at least 4.4 gigatons in this key, so the LS balances out and the AP upgrade will probably make this a mismatch.

Makes sense. But on Orochi's side of things, his lifting strength is also getting an at least class T upgrade and he's getting upgraded to at least 4.4 gigatons in this key, so the LS balances out and the AP upgrade will probably make this a mismatch.
Zoro's also getting upgraded to at least 4.3 Gigatons for this key so it can probably still be done.

Zoro has a CRT that's purring him at 4.3 Gigatons. Should we just close the thread/put it on hold for now and wait till both CRTs are done before we come back so they have solidified ratings?

Iirc attack speed doesn't get equalized in speed equal matches, but idk if that would apply to sword attacks or only ranged stuff (If it does apply to sword attacks then Atomic Sandbag will be Overpowered)

Iirc attack speed doesn't get equalized in speed equal matches, but idk if that would apply to sword attacks or only ranged stuff (If it does apply to sword attacks then Atomic Sandbag will be Overpowered)
I've been told that attack speed scales relative to equalized combat speed. So if you're a gun/sword/energy user with attacks that move 10X faster than you, the bullets/slashes/beams remain 10X faster than both combatants. If the technique is shown to be far superior to Zoro's regular movement speed, then it would be just as fast relative to Zoro and Orochi.

That debate will have to wait though since this vs match should be stopped until Orochi and Zoro are upgraded.

Orochi can win this from long and close distance. He can very easily overwhelm Zoro with with both hundreds of heat blats, and multiple horns that can move any what the he wants them to. Orochi's ap gap is so big, that a single hit would be lethal. Even if Zoro tries to close the distance, Orochi still has WSRSF. Orochi has power mimicry as well. Even if Zoro can somehow cut Orochi up, his Heat form was still strong enough to restrain Peak Psykos who scales above 715.8 Megatons, still above Zoro's ap. In this form, all it takes is for Zoro to try to cut him, which in-character, he will. Hear Orochi Absorbs life forms. Orochi takes this low-mid diff.

Zoro FRA. Zoro has advanced Armament haki... It's Dura Neg... Zoro doesn't need to use his limited Dura Neg, Fire Manipulation (Via Flying Dragon-Blaze and Fire-Fox style. Zoro can cut apart and generate fire), Reactive Power Level, Range which is also Dura Neg (link and link), Information Analysis with Haki as well (Zoro can deduce how certain abilities work, find his opponents strengths and weakness) also Speed Amp with ShiShi SonSon if needed, Zoro has Much better skill and ALOT of ways to one shot and find weaknesses
I wonder where MonkeyofLife is? They're usually very prominent in OP matches.
tenor.gif

Don't think people should use Wano in vs matches until it finished. there shouldn't even be wano profiles I feel like

Last edited:
Yes, I would say so. If the AP difference/LS difference changes by much, it would invalidate many of the arguments on the table. It would certainly affect how I vote.

Because the revisions have been settled, I have been asked to reopen this thread.

Basically, argue your hearts out.

Idk much about OPM but Zoro's AP is above baseline Island level and his lifting is above 14 Trillion kg

Zoro FRA. ... Limited Dura Neg that will one shot..., Fire Manipulation (Via Flying Dragon-Blaze and Fire-Fox style. Zoro can cut apart and generate fire), Reactive Power Level, Range, Information Analysis with Haki as well (Zoro can deduce how certain abilities work, find his opponents strengths and weakness) also Speed Amp with ShiShi SonSon which is the limited dura neg that one shots, Zoro has Much better skill and ALOT of ways to one shot and find weaknesses

tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back