• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Wow, another One Punch Man CRT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emirp sumitpo

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
So after we had a huge break from the loads of OPM CRTs that were happening earlier this year, thought I might as well make a comeback with these. We got some spicy changes coming up.

Minor additions:

- Elder Centipede should receive 2 keys: Pre-Molt and Post-Molt, as it became stronger and larger after molting when he was damaged by Bang and Bomb. More info on this will be placed later on.

- Bang's and Orochi's "Higher with WSRSF" as this nly has been shown to apply to Garou

- TankTop Master has no reason for him to have his second key, as it was a temporary amp that appeared for only one chapter.

- Psykorochi's physicals should be placed at "At least High 6-C" instead of Unknown as Psykorochi should be superior to Orochi in physical AP.

- Black sperm should be arranged to something like this: Varies (The power of an individual Black Sperm depends on its cell count, with smaller clones proving largely ineffective against the Hero Association), up to at least City level (Tore off Genos' arm, a feat that even Gums could not accomplish, while larger mergers with much greater sense of community have severely injured Atomic Samurai. Psykos implied that Homeless Emperor and Black Sperm working together could defeat Tatsumaki, who she believed was on the level of Pre-Molt Elder Centipede at the time)

- Black Sperm should receive a new key in the form of Golden Sperm. Golden Sperm should have resistance to acid manipulation. He'll be 6-C for reasons explain later on in this thread

- Genos should receive a "Higher with Self destruction" in all his keys as he was confident in his self destruction being able to take out Mosquito Girl and a "City level with Self destruction" for his Post Elder Centipede key

- Bang should receive a new key for his awakening breath state. More details on this new key is listed below

Boros' CSRC (Again):

- So the current CSRC calc uses melting as a method for it's result, under the pretense that Boros' attacks are all heat based and that they look like melting, as well as the databook stating his attacks would "scorch" the earth. Credit to @Qawsedf234 for this translation:
If it means much this is the databook statement about the attack

Relevant sentence being in the bottom left corner (they use a weird-ass font though so you'll have to really look closely if you want to recognize the kanjis).
  • 地球を削る絶望の咆哮!!
  • Chikyuu wo kezuru zetsubou no houkou !!
  • The roar of despair that scorches the Earth !
The most important word here being 削る/kezuru which we're given the furigana of just above けず/kezu so there's no mistake.

A Japanese website that translates their words to English has it as shave too here

Point where, because the closest to what you said in that square is:
  • ..., それは地球を破滅させる消魂の一撃だった
  • ..., sore ha chikyuu wo hametsu saseru shoukon no ichigeki datta.
  • ..., this was the attack in blind rage that would have ruined the Earth.
So his attack would've "scorched" the Earth, which implies burning/melting the crust rather than just blowing it up or leveling it.
and that I was informed that melting is the closest thing to scorching...

Until I learned in the main OPM thread that scorching and melting are not synonymous with one another, and while Boros' attacks having heat based methods is true as we see above, his "heat based" attacks don't really look a lot like melting and more like scorching or burning something, it's more lik they just cause explosions that primarily cause kinetic damage.. And really, melting is only shown very clearly in the anime adaptation. So this means that melting for the manga is not a usable option.

Luckily for us, @Epiccheev found this calc, which has it's result of scorching the surface of the Earth, which is the low end, as 1 Exaton, which is a pretty miniscule downgrade. This calc is more preferable as it is closer to what we see Boros' attacks being than melting. So only tiny downgrade but CSRC still remains in the exatons

Downgrades:

- Vaccine Man should have his physicals downgraded as it has been confirmed that his energy spheres do not come from himself but from an external source, similar to Homeless Emperor. His new rating should be "Unknown, City level with energy spheres". He should receive 7-C for his durability we see him tank this.

- Watchdog Man's "At least Low 7-B" rating is kind of a stretch as I don't think he's strong enough to upscale. He should just be Low 7-B from stomping High 7-C+ human Garou

- Suiryu should not scale to Bakuzan in AP as his feat of breaking Bakuzan's toe is clearly PIS, as it does not make snse for him to be unale to fight and harm Bakuzan even at his peak, and the fact we see him fight on par with someone like Choze, who is weaker than Bakuzan, as indication that Bakuzan is the only character listed as a threat level dragon while Choze is given no rating. Instead, both of them should scale to this feat, which is Low 7-C

Possibly 7-A+ Removal:

Also while revising the scaling chain, I noticed something odd. Mainly about Carnage Kabuto, Rover and Darkshine

I'll tackle CK first. So this is Carnage Kabuto's scaling chain:

Carnage Kabuto ≈ Superalloy Darkshine's AP > Garou's durability against Darkshine initially > Garou's durability against Rover <= Overgrown Rover > Base Bang > Elder centipede => Gouketsu.

So as shown, Carnage Kabuto scales above Gouketsu. But here's the problem, we list CK as inferior to Gouketsu off of the basis that a Gouketsu who was barely trying against Genos, and Genos stated that Gouketsu was by far the strongest monster he had seen by that point, and he has only seen a fraction of Gouketsu's power, but has seen Carnage Kabuto's full power in the past several times.

So by Genos' statement. Gouketsu is stronger than Carnage Kabuto. Which does line up with the evidence. But the scaling chain kinda says otherwise. I dunno what to do here, I'll leave this one up to ya'll

And for Darkshine and Rover. Ya'll remember the scaling chain I placed above? I realized placing bang and bomb does contradict quite some things.

So Base Bang and Bomb being superior to Darkshine would mean that Rover is much stronger than Darkshine. Which also leads to the inital Half monster Garou durability to exceed Darkshine's which makes no sense considering we see how easy Darkshine rekt Half monster Garou when they first fought, and Garou only gets stronger from then on. And do you all see what I mean?

Base Bang and Bomb being superior to darkshine in AP or durability doesn't make a whole lot of sense, and only creates scaling contradictions and circular scaling, which leads to greater confusion.

This can all be easily cleaned up: Only Post Molt Elder Centipede should scale to possibly 7-A+

This is mainly due to the fact that Post Molt EC is the one that Genos fought and vaguely describes as more powerful than Gouketsu. So with that in mind. Only those who scale to Post Molt EC, shall receive Possibly 7-A, that being:

• Post-Superfight Genos' Ultra Spiral Incineration Cannon should be "At least City level, possibly Mountain level+" as he could significantly harm Elder Centipede but not completely. And before anyone asks, no, this should not scale to his base stats nor should his post elder centipede key as A. It's heavily contradictory to the scaling of things B. Base Post Superfight Genos isn't even the level of a threat level dragon at this time of the story and C. there is nothing to show that Post Elder centipede Genos' physicals scale to this Ultra Spiral incineration cannon.
  • Bang's second key, his awakened breath mode, as he needed it to go against Post Molt EC
  • Current Half Monster Garou, who can fight on par with Awakened breath bang

Courtesy of @ImposingTiger, the current scale above would like this FYI:

Elder Centipede post molting > Gouketsu > CK = Darkshine's AP > Garou's durability against Darkshine initially >= Garou's durability against Rover <= Rover's AP > Base Bang/Bomb > Elder Centipede pre molt

Upgrades:
Now for some good things, shall we?

- G4 Genos and all those who scale to him should be "At least High 7-C" as I believe G4 Genos should receive the At least in his key due to massively upscaling from his previous form as we know in the audiobook. Genos was able to stomp both Hydrated Deep Sea King, who in his dehydrated state could contend with Arms Mode Genos, who should be stronger than his base self, which is High 7-C, as well as Mosquito Girl, who could contend with him in his base and even stomp his base after she drank enough blood.

- Gyoro Gyoro received a Class T calc. All those who scale above him shall scale to Class T

- Amai Mask should be changed to "Possibly At least High 7-C". In Chapter 45, Fubuki states that she can’t reach Sweet Mask’s power, however, she can and did in later arcs, but the most important quote is she saying Saitama can’t win against him. While it’s clear that she’s wrong, said statement came from what she knows about Saitama, and that is: He can defeat Sonic, who was around comparable to Genos. Fubuki always showed to be quite well versed on the heroes, and her “goal” is always being #1, and she doesn’t even try to go to the A Class because she knows to some extent what Sweet Mask is able to do (She also knows a lot about Blast, for example, so her being knowledgeable on the heroes is consistent).

Not only this, but Amai Mask is usually confident in taking on S-Class level characters. He felt confident enough to mock Atomic Samurai, as well as Flashy Flash. Granted, I don't he should be listed as Possibly 7-B as these are just mocks. And Amai Mask is a very arrogant and overconfident character, but it should be taken into account at the very least.

- Homeless Emperor should have his rating change to "Unknown physically. Varies, up to Island level with spheres". People who scale to him will be:

- Elder Centipede and all those who scaled to him shall be "City level" via the previously linked calc. Not only that, but the hero association list EC as a natural disaster here. Translation by @Qawsedf234 :
It's even bigger than when it first appeared about two years ago.

The scale is different from other monsters

.... At this point, it seems like a natural disaster.

I wonder if I can get rid of it when the number of people gathers ...
And being the first monster listed as a natural disaster, that likely places him above the likes of vaccine man, who is the most powerful the HA had encounter up to that point. I don't think it's definitve proof to say EC > Vaccine Man, but it does add as extra justification. So basically everyone who had previously a possibly 7-A will have their "At least Low 7-B, possibly 7-A" be turned to 7-B with some exceptions below.

- Characters who should be listed as "At least City level" will be:

• Post Molt Elder Centipede (Much stronger than his base. Forced Bang to use his awakened breath mode)
  • Half-Monster Garou post Darkshine (Garou could harm Darkshine)
  • Darkshine's AP and durability (Darkshine could harm Half monster Garou, who prior had survived attacks from Overgrown Rover and became stronger since then. Darkshine's durability immensely scales above himself) I'll go into more detail about the Garou scaling in a while.
  • Overgrown Rover (likely going to heavily damage Bang and Bomb. Easily stomped an early Half-monster Garou)
  • Gyoro Gyoro (Able to immobilize and harm Half-Monster Garou before he adapted to her telekinesis) I'll go into more detail about the Garou scaling in a while.
  • Multi-eye Gyoro Gyoro (Believed that she was stronger than Tatsumaki - based on her knowledge of her at the time - who was one of the heroes that she said could contend with Elder Centipede)
  • Peak Psykos (Scales above Multi-eye Gyoro Gyoro)
  • Flashy Flash (Darkshine stated that he was one of the heroes that would’ve easily defeated Half-Monster Garou before he even showed off his skills, who prior before meeting Darkshine had survived attacks from Overgrown Rover) I'll go into more detail about the Garou scaling in a while.
  • Atomic Samurai (Darkshine stated that he was one of the heroes that would’ve easily defeated Half-Monster Garou before he even showed off his skills, who prior before meeting Darkshine had survived attacks from Overgrown Rover) I'll go into more detail about the Garou scaling in a while.
  • Black Sperm (Because he scales to Atomic Samurai)
  • Post-Superfight Genos (Tanked a hit from Black Sperm. Can harm those who can harm him. His AP is superior to his dura)
  • Psykojet (Scales to Genos)
  • Drive Knight (Scales to Psykojet)
  • Nyan (Scales to Drive Knight)
  • Bomb and Bang (Both are stated to be equal to one another. Bomb was able to contend against Garou)
  • Awakening breath Bang (Was able to stand a much better chance against Half monster Garou then Bomb)
  • Gums (Could damage Post-Elder centipede Genos)

Garou page clean up:
So I created my own clean up page for Garou that better explains his stats and makes his profile tidier. Full credit goes to @Nullflowerblush for creating the entire Powers and Abilities section

- One of the main changes made is the first rating of Half-Monster Garou. Previously the previous rating had him at threat level dragon due to being it being stated he was threat level dragon. However this is contradicted by him being able to be harmed by Royal Ripper. This wouldn't be so bad at first when we placed Garou as stone wall at the time because he survived and downscales from attacks from Overgrown Rover, making him "City level" in durability. Take note this scales only for his durability as at that point he has shown no feats of being able to harm those who can harm him. and Royal Ripper scaling to a dragon is obviously very ridiculous. All of this implies that in his first outing as a Half Monster and when he fought Roya Ripper again, he was still threat level demon, and only became threat level Dragon after becoming stronger. And we already know Garou grows stronger the more he fights.

- So because of this, some ratings do need to be slightly altered in their explanations:

• Darkshine's AP and durability (Darkshine could harm Half monster Garou, who prior had survived attacks from Overgrown Rover and became stronger since then.. Darkshine's durability immensely scales above him and Bang's AP)
  • Flashy Flash (Darkshine stated that he was one of the heroes that would’ve easily defeated Half-Monster Garou before he even showed off his skills, who prior before meeting Darkshine had survived attacks from Overgrown Rover)
  • Atomic Samurai (Darkshine stated that he was one of the heroes that would’ve easily defeated Half-Monster Garou before he even showed off his skills, who prior before meeting Darkshine had survived attacks from Overgrown Rover)
  • Gyoro Gyoro (Able to immobilize and harm Half-Monster Garou before he adapted to her telekinesis) I'll give more input on this specific one in a while
- As of now, Initial Half-Monster Garou is the most powerful demon level monster, and preferably, all dragon level monsters should be listed as (Should be superior to the initial Hal-Monster Garou). Just so to be more specific. Alternatively, I think listing Transformed Bug God is a good enough alternative if this idea seems iffy.

Last edited:
Absolutely bootiful.

The only thing I have an issue with is the whole “higher with WSRSF” thing. Other than that, everything looks good to me!

The majority of Bang’s attacks are with WSRSF, and Orochi never uses it so it seems pointless.

He has it, but he never uses it to deflect anything above his normal AP (which was the main point of the ‘higher with WSRSF’ afaik), so like ¯\(ツ)

Also, I still think Flashy Flash should also retain his feats and descriptions against Gale and Hellfire in his attack potency section, since they are "At least Low 7-B" and a serious Flash can basically one shot them, it helps for his "At least 7-B" status, despite being secondary

Also, I still think Flashy Flash should also retain his feats and descriptions against Gale and Hellfire in his attack potency section, since they are "At least Low 7-B" and a serious Flash can basically one shot them, it helps for his "At least 7-B" status, despite being secondary
I'm not trying to remove those tho

Golden Sperm needs more stuff before he can get a 6-C rating. Orochi and Boros I'm also hesitant on scaling up to a energ attack, but at least there's something there for an Above Dragon.

The rest are fine on a quick read through.

Golden Sperm needs more stuff before he can get a 6-C rating.
Why? Homeless Emeperor only got down because Golden Sperm ruined his heavenly scenario. If HE had an attack that would instantly destroy Golden Sperm, then I don't see why HE would say his heavenly scenario was ruined.

I agree or am neutral with everything, with some exceptions.
- Bang's and Orochi's "Higher with WSRSF" as this nly has been shown to apply to Garou
Garou page clean up:
So I created my own clean up page for Garou that better explains his stats and makes his profile tidier. Full credit goes to @Nullflowerblush for creating the entire Powers and Abilities section
I still disagree with a lot of this.

Firstly, as I said in the discussion thread, Garou doesn't even try to hit Tanktop Master before using the WSRF—the guy even laughs throughout the entire fight. When he does hit him normally, it still does some damage. I think the WSRF is more effective than his normal hits, just not stronger, due to targeting multiple vitals at the same time.

Secondly, Garou's word about his own strength being a Dragon level is meaningless. It's not even implication, it's just a rather unfounded boast. That's not to say he isn't.

Third, Garou is literally shown punching TTM in both panels, not actually reflecting TTM's blow. "Returning", as I said before, can also be synonymous with inflicting as much or more damage in this context.

Lastly, Metal Bat, once again, probably already had those broken bones. Here's the sequence in the manga. The panels are cut very poorly.
  • Post-Superfight Genos (Tanked a hit from Black Sperm. Can harm those who can harm him. His AP is superior to his dura)
Genos is later ripped apart by BS clones that weren't capable of really damaging Metal Bat, who is objectively inferior to Elder Centipede and not even at the level he used to one-shot SC.

Genos is later ripped apart by BS clones that weren't capable of really damaging Metal Bat, who is objectively inferior to Elder Centipede and not even at the level he used to one-shot SC.
Genos is already weakened from facing multiple hordes of Black Sperm, and he was also being restrained from several Black Sperms. It doesn't make snense that the giant Black Sperm that Genos survived a hit from would be several times weaker than random tiny Black Sperms

Genos' durability is based on his armour quality. Logically, it wouldn't decrease with strength.

Black Sperm clones are already intermingled like that. This is shown in the Atomic Samurai fight.

Anyway, I'm making more posts.

- Genos should receive a "Higher with Self destruction" in all his keys as he was confident in his self destruction being able to take out Mosquito Girl and a "City level with Self destruction" for his Post Elder Centipede key
His self-destruction Post-Elder Centipede should be superior to his Ultra Incineration cannon, as it's a beam based on the mere output of his core. I think we can chalk this up to area of effect.
- Vaccine Man should have his physicals downgraded as it has been confirmed that his energy spheres do not come from himself but from an external source, similar to Homeless Emperor. His new rating should be "Unknown, City level with energy spheres"
We also agreed on him having Town level durability, as he was in the epicentre of this explosion.

Also, his partial transformations are done to use less energy, implying his stronger forms use a lot of power.
- Amai Mask should be changed to "Possibly At least High 7-C". In Chapter 45, Fubuki states that she can’t reach Sweet Mask’s power, however, she can and did in later arcs, but the most important quote is she saying Saitama can’t win against him. While it’s clear that she’s wrong, said statement came from what she knows about Saitama, and that is: He can defeat Sonic, who was around comparable to Genos. Fubuki always showed to be quite well versed on the heroes, and her “goal” is always being #1, and she doesn’t even try to go to the A Class because she knows to some extent what Sweet Mask is able to do (She also knows a lot about Blast, for example, so her being knowledgeable on the heroes is consistent).

Not only this, but Amai Mask is usually confident in taking on S-Class level characters. He felt confident enough to mock Atomic Samurai, as well as Flashy Flash. Granted, I don't he should be listed as Possibly 7-B as these are just mocks. And Amai Mask is a very arrogant and overconfident character, but it should be taken into account at the very least.
This evidence is tenuous at best. We should have his normal rating, with 'possibly High 7-C' as an extension.

If Garou actually took that punch from TTM right in the face, he shouldn't have been able to retaliate instantly. It would have stunned him, considering TTM was going to finish him with that blow, he must have put a lot of strength into that punch. However; Garou retaliated instantly after seemingly taking that punch. The scan is not vague, but the statement from TTM says his blow was returned back at him. That statement was also made after that scene. At best I'd say Garou is comparable to him, but just to make it safe, we just need to remove the "albeit weaker'' if there are people have issues with it.

His self-destruction Post-Elder Centipede should be superior to his Ultra Incineration cannon, as it's a beam based on the mere output of his core. I think we can chalk this up to area of effect.

We also agreed on him having Town level durability, as he was in the epicentre of this explosion.

Also, his partial transformations are done to use less energy, implying his stronger forms use a lot of power.

This evidence is tenuous at best. We should have his normal rating, with 'possibly High 7-C' as an extension.
Fair enough

He took that punch and retaliated almost instantly. You can see the anime adaptation of that scene. He drew back his hand and then landed a barrage of punches on TTM almost instantly despite both of them were hit but Garou could retaliate against him like he didn't get hit at all.

Firstly, the anime isn't 1:1 with the manga in those small details. The DSK fight with Sonic and G4's battle against Genos, for example, show characters moving quite differently. It doesn't even show Garou moving backwards to assume a stance first, so it's provably different.

Secondly, you're the one assuming it would give him a huge pause. The manga only shows a small pause from the Tanktop Tackle while Garou's already off-balance, and he laughs off punches.

Lastly, the anime shows Garou objectively punching TTM. His arm is in the same position and a little in motion, while Garou's moves forward as a stream.

Last edited:
I'm saying he could retaliate almost instantly after taking that punch like he didn't take the punch. Apparently, it didn't stun him one bit despite that punch of TTM was supposed to finish him and must have used a considerable amount of strength, enough to assume that he would have been stunned. It definitely isn't a huge pause. Plus, TTM didn't randomly say Garou returned his own strength back at him with double power. You're coming up with your own interpretation. It refers to this specific blow that was returned back at him, not the ''barrage of punches''.

And I'm saying you're wrong. You're making the assumption that he'd have a huge pause, and that he doesn't really pause at all. Neither of these are shown to us in the manga, and there's evidence to the contrary. Plus, Garou was already doing the WRSF.

I'm also referring to that one singular punch, and you're the one coming up with nonsensical interpretations here. The panel you're talking about where TTM says that is where Garou is literally shown punching TTM. The anime shows it, as well. "Return" can straight up mean what I said, whereas you had to make up problems of art inconsistencies in the last thread.

Nothing that happens in this fight supports your point of view.

Last edited:
The panel you're talking about where TTM says that is where Garou is literally shown punching TTM
And that panel refers to this specific blow that was returned back at him. It mentioned nothing about the ''barrage of punches''.
You said this
"Returning", as I said before, can also be synonymous with inflicting as much or more damage in this context.
To me, it seems that you are assuming it also refers to the ''barrage of punches'' and not that ''face blow'' specifically.

You're right that I'm assuming he must have a pause and thus shouldn't have been able to retaliate quickly like that. Anyways, we have discussed this before, so I don't want to derail this thread further. This is my suggestion
I'd say Garou is comparable to him, but just to make it safe, we just need to remove the "albeit weaker'' if there are people have issues with it.
But you're fine with that or not is up to you because I assume you're thinking Garou is stronger than him quite a lot. I suggest that we should say they are comparable. Sorry if I'm making wrong assumptions about your points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back