• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingTempest

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
I won't lie, the organization for One Piece's Lifting Strength is horrible.

No disrespect to those who worked on it prior, but it's so bad that we don't even have it on the verse page.

The calcs that I have found for the verse's lifting strength is these.

First we need to find out who scales to what, then we'll work on everything else.

Sandbox is here.

Last edited:
Yeah, it is true that exerting "Newton's of force" via striking isn't lifting strength but an unfinished striking strength feat. A lifting feat needs to be done with little momentum for it to be lifting strength.

Yeah, it is true that exerting "Newton's of force" via striking isn't lifting strength but an unfinished striking strength feat. A lifting feat needs to be done with little momentum for it to be lifting strength.
Do pushing feats count still? Or nah

Pushing is fine if it's just a simple placement then push; though we'd still need to take F = MA into account. A running charge and then tackling an object to push would not count as lifting however.

Added Hatchan's feat in the OP.
Those who scale?

East Blue​

Arlong will be ≥ Hatchan. I'm assuming Kuroobi will be comparable.
Zoro scales for throwing Hatchan a far distance while weakened.
Luffy scales for gripping Arlong's sword hard enough to where he can't pull it.
Sanji doesn't use his arms so he has no lifting feats, he'll be comparable to his peers.
Don Krieg was already lifting huge ships so he would be baseline Class M, maybe he'd scale to the others.
Galdino's Wax can hold Zoro.
Is Gin's justification gonna be comparable to Sanji?

And who else?

Last edited:
If I recall correctly there was an issue regarding the proportions of those creatures.

But aside from that, can somebody link the actual feat? The calc doesn't link where it comes from.

Nevermind, the anime shows that the wax was melted by the fire, so that's invalid.

They scale to Hatchan then

@KobsterHope07 informed me of this calc.

This scales to Dorry and Brogy Who have no profiles, and I'm assuming it was Zoro who pulled out the swords in Brogy's hands.

4 swords were used to hold him down, so I'm assuming they split up the weight by 4. So he scales to 1/4th of Brogy's lifting strength.

Does this seem valid or no?
It was the fire that melted the swords and released Broggy's hands. Just as it freed Zoro, Nami and Vivi.

It was the fire that melted the swords and released Broggy's hands. Just as it freed Zoro, Nami and Vivi.
Nevermind, the anime shows that the wax was melted by the fire, so that's invalid.

They scale to Hatchan then

Would chopper scale to Luffy, Sanji, and Zoro's lifting for carrying them on a sleigh?

Last edited:
Was Luffy, Sanji, and Zoro resisting? Cause if not, then no since they don't weigh as much as their lifting strength.

Does God's Militia have any feats to put them to the lifting strength of toe others? Or do we just give them a bunch of unknowns.

Do we scale all of CP9 over Luffy during Skypiea since they didn't even consider him a superhuman?

What are the conclusions here so far? Should I send notifications to more members knowledgeable about One Piece?

What are the conclusions here so far? Should I send notifications to more members knowledgeable about One Piece?
There's not much to be discussed. It's mainly just "add justifications and apply calcs". I'm just editing the lifting in the sandbox linked in the OP.

I'll be checking back here occasionally for anyone who has any issues with the scaling and proposals in the sandbox, but not that much is needed.

Can Oars get class T for "pulling continents and islands"?
I guess, though we don’t know how big these island and continent are, is there some baseline weight for an average island of sorts. Small Islands like Onigashima was calculated to need around Class P to be able to lift it iirc.

I would use possibly or likely for the rating since we can’t verify the size.

I guess, though we don’t know how big these island and continent are, is there some baseline weight for an average island of sorts. Small Islands like Onigashima was calculated to need around Class P to be able to lift it iirc.

I would use possibly or likely for the rating since we can’t verify the size.
The vivre card apparently hinted to the islands that he pulled to be Wano, but I wouldn't count on it.

What about the strawhats who pushed his attacks to the side, would they get a "possibly Class P"?

I don't think we could scale them to his lifting strength, if he was attacking them with striking strength.

Doesn't Sanji have his own lifting strength feat in that arc with the chain?

To be fair for Fujitora, him scaling to his gravity isn't impossible as he uses his gravity for more things than just "oh, make shit heavy" or to lift stuff.

They aren't.

His current stats are "At least Class G" physically, and Class T with gravity.
Fair enough, seems I missed some messages.

Issue with Zoro scaling.
Issho would be comparable to his gravity.
Why would Issho be comparable to his gravity? Zoro overpowred the gravity directly, forced Issho to lose focus on it and pushed him back.

Struggling to see how Issho scales to himself here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back