• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Brianne de Chateux/Ribrianne: can we get an official tier ranking?

I know her power scaling is a bit wonky but feel like she should have some sort of ranking as I had a potential match up that I would like to use her in and there should be enough info in db super for her to have an "at least" rating...

Yeah, i totally agree.

I didnt think they were going to get rid of Ribrianne's Tier 3, no one really argued against it in the thread, its fine for Kakunsa and Rozie.

Sure she was beat by 18 (Where a lot of people still think 18 should be 3-A post Ribrianne fight), but her tier 3 feats outweigh her inconsistency by quite a lot.

I think we should keep "Unknown" but also give her an "At Least" or "Likely/Possibly" rating, which can make it possible to use her in matches.

I know the scaling is confusing but it seems weird to just leave her as unknown when we have so much to go off of.

Just merely breaking Katchi Katchin is indeed High 4-C, being superior to regular katchin.

I again still feel like she should scale to 3-A since Goku and Vegeta's BASE forms are 3-A. Basically casually now with how much they grew. I think a "Possibly/Likely 3-A" rating at the very least should be added, as a lot of the cast (Notably 17) also scales to this 3-A rating similarly.

Ribrianne got her butt beaten by a casual Base Goku and Vegeta . Heck, Base Vegeta easily sent her flying with one hit. Honestly she wasn't a threat to either of them.

Bergamo fought Base Goku better than Ribrianne did and he's only Solar System level. It was decided that fighting Goku or Vegeta isn't enough to be 3-A. Unless it was shown that Goku and Vegeta were going all out against her, she isn't becoming 3-A.

Her breaking 17's barrier means nothing when he never got serious till he fought Anilaza, who was unable to break his barrier, so unless you think Ribrianne>Anilaza...

Brianne de Chateau should scale to 18.

Attack Potency: Unknow | Large Star Level (Was able to hold her own against 18. Can destroy the Kachi Katchin arena, this makes her far stronger than Buu Saga Base Goha, who was unable to destroy regular Katchin) | Large Star level (Stronger than before) | Large Star level (Far stronger than before)

Speed: Unknow | FTL+ (Kept up with 18) | FTL+ (Is faster than before) | FTL+

Key:
Brianne | Ribrianne | Super Ribrianne | Lovey love, love Ribrianne

"Bergamo fought Base Goku better than Ribrianne did and he's only Solar System level. It was decided that fighting Goku or Vegeta isn't enough to be 3-A. Unless it was shown that Goku and Vegeta were going all out against her, she isn't becoming 3-A."

That makes... no sense. Goku and Vegeta NEVER needed to go 100% to be Universal. Hell, God Goku whilst holding back was still Universal. And now that God form is Goku's base form, on top of training with Whis, on top of multiple Zenkais that allowed them to stomp people that previously stomped their previous strongest. Goku and Vegeta at this point DOES NOT NEED TO BE 100% in order to be 3-A.

I also don't get why 18 doesn't scale with 17 when they're described to be fairly similar. Sure 18 may have his Barrier, but models 17 and 18 are designed with basically the same capabilities. So why give 17 a higher rating than 18 when both did "Crap training" as people would call it.

Just saying that Android 17 (and 18) were the only ones taking the tournament seriously throughout, as in using their full power, because there were no consequences, shown by that little moment they had. So i doubt Android 17's non reinforced barrier was any different tbh, Anilaza's full power wasnt going at the barrier since there was actually a wider circumference.

Ribrianne was going at her absolute strongest in bloodlust at that moment, fighting on par with 17, so its her definite maximum as well as Liquirr thinking she had a good chance at winning. Goku and Vegeta had commented on her strength, and were taking her seriously before they realised the stronger opponents. Seeing as 3-A is pretty casual now in DBS, i honestly dont see why she cant be 3-A. Her proof of 3-A outweighs her proof of not being, which i grant is very difficult.

In any case, I think that this has been discussed and rejected previously.

It was never decided upon tbh. People thought it linked up with 18 cause of the PIS moment, and i thought she was going to stay as 3-A during that big scale revision she had

But they had their chat about using their limitless stamina to their advantage, meaning they weren't holding back since then, and that was pre fighting Ribrianne. Or at least 17 was.

Perhaps we could have a 'Varies from 4-B to 3-A' if its too much of a problem, like we do for some profiles that have indefinite scaling.

Well, I personally do not mind a 3-A Ribrianne, but you need to convince Matthew about it. I think that he was the one who downgraded her in previous discussions.

No, we don't put the variable tier like that for pure Character Inconsistency.

We only do that sometimes with Gag characters (since their nature ends to be inconsistent for jokes), or there is a canonical explanation for it.

Well, I think that we have occasionally done so, like for the Hulk's speed, but only in extreme cases.

Ribrianne is a little bit of a Gag character wouldn't you say? Not in like, the Arale sense, but she is either treated seriously, or treated like a joke. Perry the Platypus isnt exactly a Gag character in that sense yet he's in a Varies tier. Its the only good compromise i could think of.

I suppose, but damn, i think just about everyone on this wiki is sick of talking about DBS scaling.

Mostly every fighter in Super is far above planet level, thats Saiyan Saga level power. She also broke Kachii Katchin pretty easily like everyone else, which would put her way past the Buu Saga. She mostly has 3-A feats, which have some inconsistency towards them, most notably 18 beating her, though im completely fine with saying she is 3-A aswell

I think we should have it at "Unknown, at least High 4-C". She might scale to Goku, she might not. But thats the thing: there's no way to know. Goku's effort isn't quantifiable.

Jinx666 said:
Mostly every fighter in Super is far above planet level, thats Saiyan Saga level power. She also broke Kachii Katchin pretty easily like everyone else, which would put her way past the Buu Saga.
She mostly has 3-A feats, which have some inconsistency towards them, most notably 18 beating her, though im completely fine with saying she is 3-A aswell
So we should be able to establish a bare minimum. I don't see why we have to have it at unknown when we know for a fact she's above planet level.

Cause even then planet level is obviously extremely low. We can bump her up to 4-A at minimum just like everyone else in the T.O.P.

@Chartate

Thats true, but its not only Goku she fought. Base Goku anyway is 3-A casually, and she was giving him a good fight, as well as him stating nothing he was doing was phasing her. She fought Vegeta at SSJ2 who pushed him back and noted that her power has increased significantly. After that, i think she was a bit demoraled, as shown by that small scene with her and Rozie which is what was followed from Vegeta kicking her ass later on. And then 17, where at full power, who she was actually keeping pace with. The fight never finished, and 17's edge in limitless stamina probably would have let him won, but he stated beforehand that due to his stamina not being a setback, he could go full power seriously from the start to weed out the riff raff. Not to mention breaking his barrier with a single strong punch.

While that creates issues with Anilaza, the punch directly hit the barrier, while Anilaza's rays were pushing it back, as well as not all of it hitting his barrier. We see that Toppo could easily crack his barriers with his justice flash, which were multiple shots rather than blasts. So if im honest, she could be at 17's base level at complete maximum, who was mainly a strong contender due to his stamina and his barriers rather than his physical abilities. But still 3-A ofc.

At this point we shouldn't really be this picky on who gets 3-A. Sure, the fodder can have doubts, but Ribrianne was one of the main contenders, and not merely someone who had their episode and then left.

Well, you can ask Matthew Schroeder to comment here if you wish, but I think that Kepekley23 was also against a 3-A Ribrianne, so it is probably best to invite him here as well after he comes back in 2 weeks.

Well, changes do not tend to go quickly around here. Our staff members must find the time to help out, then things have to be discussed, evaluated and organised, and so on.

I constantly have to be extremely patient while waiting for improvements. Take the Demonbane, Marvel, I/O, and Umineko revisions for example.

Its not that, its just the T.O.P revisions were an honest dark time, so much controversy like 18s new tier, Low 2-C 17 etc. Not much looking forward to it, but we can't just leave a page unknown.

I was talking about Kep though, wasn't he banned for a year or did it get shortened?

It was shortened to roughly 2 months. According to what he told me, he will be back on October 5 or maybe 7.

Back