• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Anime: Ribrianne and Android 18 Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.

CloverDragon03

He/Him
VS Battles
Calculation Group
So I wanted to address what I feel like is a pretty big problem with Ribrianne's and DBS Android 18's ratings. In their current states, they're really just ignoring evidence for the sake of pushing the rating they're currently at. Simply put, Ribrianne should be flat out 2-C, and Android 18 should be 2-C as well, with both having a speed of at least 196 quadrillion c, likely far higher. Here's why:

First, I'll tackle Ribrianne's profile. Interestingly, Ribrianne's feats are pretty openly laid out for us to see, yet all she gets is a "possibly 2-C" rating for what should be blatant 2-C feats via scaling. Her only justification for the High 4-C part is being stronger than Tien, which yeah that serves as a good absolute baseline, but the number of significantly higher feats should place her solidly at 2-C. In fact, going through her profile, I'll go through the two most important ones. The first is being able to trade blows with a suppressed Android 17 and destroy his barrier. Now, it's pretty clear he was holding back here, but he was visibly exerting himself a bit during his clash with Ribrianne, meaning it shouldn't be by so much that he wouldn't be 2-C anymore. In addition, the barrier Ribrianne destroyed was one that protected Base Goku from an attack that was seemingly going to damage him, adding more credit to Ribrianne's feats. The next one I want to bring up is Ribrianne briefly matching Super Saiyan Vegeta in combat. Given that Base Vegeta could later damage her at some points (though contrary to what the profile says, he didn't defeat her, as Rozie simply interfered and Ribrianne didn't even seem damaged at all when Vegeta's blast overwhelmed her own), he was definitely holding back here, but I find it to still be noteworthy to some extent.

Oh yeah, she legit takes multiple hits and trades blows with Base Vegeta on multiple occasions. Plus her Super Ribrianne state seemed to have forced Goku to turn Super Saiyan Blue. So overall, I propose her profile look like this:

2-C, higher as Super Ribrianne or Lovely Love, Love Ribrianne

Now, Android 18's case is a lot simpler. She trades blows with Ribrianne on multiple occasions in episode 117. Her defeating Lovely Love, Love Ribrianne is considered Plot-Induced Stupidity, but even disregarding that, trading blows with regular Ribrianne should be enough on its own. I know an incoming counter will be that she was restrained by Brianne's Big Amour, but this is not an anti-feat. Restraining someone is a lifting strength feat, not an AP feat, and this is not even mentioning the fact that 18 broke out of Big Amour anyway.

So yeah, I propose that DBS Android 18 be upgraded to 2-C as well.

That's about it from me, so as always let's keep things civil. Happy debating I guess.

Agree: 21 (@Eseseso, @LuffyRuffy46307, @SeiyaRyuSeiKen, @Guacamolefletcher, @K_o_Karlyn, @ShakeResounding, @Migue79, @LordTracer, @Milly_Rocking_Bandit, @TimmyTurnero, @Da3ggman, @Akagami_Shanks1, @Stryker861, @Dalesean027, @godofice, @Gilad_Hyperstar, @Tyri456, @speedster352, @Magicomethkuon, @LordGriffin1000, @KingTempest)
Disagree: 1 (@Nullflowerblush)
Neutral: 1 (@DarkDragonMedeus [Leaning toward agreeing])

Last edited:
wym "super's broken scaling"? Lmao
Yeah see that's the thing, the only thing about it that I think can be argued to be broken is some characters being stronger than what our preconceived notions would suggest. But as for the scale itself, they clearly had a scale in mind and stayed (at least mostly) consistent with it

But this is getting to derailing territory so I'll stop now

Not a fan of 18 directly scaling to Ribrianne and Lovely Love, Love Ribrianne when she was easily captured and restrained by a weakened Brianne, on account of:
Android 18 managed to defeat Lovely Love, Love Ribrianne, who had reached her absolute pinnacle in power at that point, in one strike despite previously being pressured by an ordinary Ribrianne and then being completely restrained by a Big Amour created by a depowered, weakened, base-level Brianne. Normally, this would be chalked up to being an Outlier and Plot-Induced Stupidity; however, following the battle with Ribrianne, both Shin, the Supreme Kai, and Brianne, the master of the Power of Love, commented on the immense power that 18 and Krillin's love for each other granted herShin even remarked that this love was the reason 18 became powerful enough to defeat Ribrianne in the first place. This serves a narrative purpose and would not have been mentioned otherwise. These comments, thus, suggest that 18 experienced a power-up either due to the Power of Love itself or simply a burning desire to protect her family.

Not a fan of 18 directly scaling to Ribrianne and Lovely Love, Love Ribrianne when she was easily captured and restrained by a weakened Brianne, on account of:
Defeating Lovely, Love Love Ribrianne is considered PIS apparently, I'm talking regular Ribrianne

And also, restraining someone is lifting strength, not AP

It was an energy cage that 18 only managed to break free after, apparently, being empowered.
Okay, so?

Restraining feats are lifting strength. It's that simple, really. Also, we wanna talk about outliers for bigger feats, but we never seem to acknowledge that if it was an AP feat, it'd be inconsistent with 18 being able to match Ribrianne beforehand, making that an outlier in its own right. Essentially, we tend to only use "outliers" to dismiss higher feats, but in cases like these, they can dismiss lower feats if they're inconsistent with the character's usual portrayal.

Last edited:
Her power varies based on her love and morale. Besides, 18 exchanging fists equally with Ribrianne and Lovely Love, Love Ribrianne is just as inconsistent.
Your scan doesn't prove that... like, at all. Plus, by your logic, 18 was trading blows with a Ribrianne with greater morale than when she fought base Vegeta... therefore she'd be 2-C. And thus, being restrained by Big Amour, if you really want to consider that an AP feat when it's clearly LS, is the outlier here.

Clover makes much more sense, not to mention she was keeping up with and helped defeat Biarra who was keeping up with 17, so while she's definitely implied to be weaker than 17 (hence why she sacrificed herself), she's kept up with 2 people who somewhat kept up with 17 (Ribrianne and Biarra).

Iirc, Tupper just restrained Goku, so that’s LS and not AP.
Fair.

She still blasted that little guy who hurt Caulifla with his tornado attack and sent him flying, though he was shown fine later.

In respect of Android 18 she kicked Goku's kamehameha in blue form with greater ease, which was making Krillin even pull away during combat, I believe she scales heavily with Goku or anyone who matches him, basically that's my responses to this thread.
I dunno if that counts, since Goku was likely holding back because of Krillin.

Fair.

She still blasted that little guy who hurt Caulifla with his tornado attack and sent him flying, though he was shown fine later.

Goku wasn't holding back when he put more power, if Android 18 hadn't stopped he would have died right there and Android 18 still complains about it

Fair.

Likely, but Krillin does force Goku into super saiyan if that means anything.
It’s hard to argue he did this for a confidence boost as we clearly see him being overpowered by his ki wave and went ssj to disperse it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back