• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bleach Calculation Flaws and God-Tier Scaling removal

RavenSupreme

VS Battles
Retired
I will keep it short.

Our current scaling for the Bleach God-Tiers is based upon a flawed calculation of the Lifting feat

┬À 1) The density used is 2.6 - it is not converted to 2.600 for KG/m3

┬À 2) it used the volume of a complete sphere which is a massive inflation since it assumes everything within that sphere is part of the volume.

Whereas instead it is just about 20% of it.

-

The found result is therefore both inflated and deflated at the same time. In addition it doesnt account for a) the correct density material nor does it account for b) hollowness for the buildings etc.

It also has no corresponding pixel scaling which allows us to refer to a fixed point.

These points alone, much less all together, forbig us to allow the calc to be used further.

-

As you may know most of the accepted Bleach calcs have been made by me (Size of Seireitei, Mimihagi Speed, Gremmy Meteor). This one has not ― hence my proposal is that I will recalc the entire feat myself. And we use my found results afterwards.

As ist right now however it can not be used.

Please let me be aware if you are fine with my proposal and the removal of the scalings fort he time being until I am finished.

Raven tends to know what he is doing. I trust his judgement.

So again a downgrade for Bleach verse(at least for top and god tiers)? Well I agree with raven at this point, this should be remove if the calc is wrong.

I had my own problems with that calc that I was going to propose sooner or later. I don't think it can be used reliably and should be removed from the profiles for now.

Let's wait wih revisions until after RavenSupreme has had his new calculation accepted.

Yes, the HST (and I'd argue Fairy Tail as well) are continuously revised for any number of reasons.

I've known about the mistakes of the calc for a while now per previous discussions with Raven.

I ask that people passionate about Bleach to not worry or cause an uproar. We strive for accuracy here and Raven upholds such goals as well.

I completely trust him, his calcs and judgements. Allow him the time to update it so we can maintain that accuracy.

@Rocker

It's a joke about the fact that I was offered a calc group member position a century ago, but never accepted because I don't have the time for that

Kaltias said:
@Rocker
It's a joke about the fact that I was offered a calc group member position a century ago, but never accepted because I don't have the time for that
oh ok..

Matthew Schroeder said:
It's not surprising that the calc would be wrong. A lot of the Bleach feats are calced not by Calc Members with experience in the subject but by Bleach fans with none interested in upgrading the series.
?

Doesn't matter who calc it when calc members(several of them) still need to review and accept those calc.

So blame those Calc Members too?

@Machtwo

Calc members should be more careful of what is accepted. It is not uncommon for me to find glaring errors with calcs that have been accepted.

One of the reasons I left the calc group was because the constant evaluation requests made it very tempting to just give a thumbs up after a small glance, but I didn't want to slip into that territory or spend most of my time re-doing calcs.

So yeah. You have a point but I do sympathize.

Well, I don't want to derail on that front but maybe the responsibility shouldn't solely rest on the shoulders of the calc group. I mean, you don't need to be a mathematician to verify that 10 times 10 is 100. Anyone should be able to fact-check a calc.

Also, if the person used 2kg/m^3 for the calculation, I'm fairly sure the calc would receive a massive upgrade considering the actual density of stone is 1000 times higher.

I've heard pretty convincing arguments that Yhwach didn't lift the whole thing nor is the city that large. Characters outright call what Yhwach lifted "a town" on panel.

Didn't even have to wait for seconds after I made that post for the feat itself to get downgrade talks...

Matthew Schroeder said:
I've heard pretty convincing arguments that Yhwach didn't lift the whole thing nor is the city that large. Characters outright call what Yhwach lifted "a town" on panel.
Here is the page for reference.

It's convenient that this was only brought up roughly ten seconds after I made a post mentioning the feat would be upgraded, rather than a few weeks ago. But I'll ignore that.

Back