• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

New Bleach discussion rule - formally ruling against the non-canon film

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guacamolefletcher

Username Only

Introduction​

There are four BLEACH movies, one of which is canon, one of which is an alternate universe-type story with a canon setting, and two which are just non-canon. One of these non-canon movies is "BLEACH: the hellverse," and despite being blatantly non-canon, people like to use it because it has a cool extended fight where Ulquiorra matches up to FH Ichigo. There is one person specifically, who is responsinble with spreading this scaling, and he's basically the most popular bleach powersclaing youtuber currently. Hence, this warrants a discussion rule, to prevent threads like this from popping up, and to have a formally written reason for it.

Why using this film is wrong​

I actually dropped a lengthy post in the aforementioned CRT, and this should be enough to explain why the film is non-canon, including the introduction.

The proposed rule

Please refrain from using the "Hellverse" movie in any threads relating to the canon manga, as this has been discussed many times and the film has been found to be non-non canon due to a lack of involvement from the author, direct statements, and basic plot contradictions. It can, however, be used for non-canon versions of the characters.

Compromise
Adding something in the verse page explaining why it's non-canon

Agree: LordGriffin, KT
Disagree:
Neutral:

Last edited:
The author directly saying it's non Canon should be enough.

I agree but the wording should be specifically about separating Canon, in case we make hellverse profiles.

Yeah unfortunately as much as I agree with this, merely one person using non-canon info in a thread isn't grounds enough for a discussion rule. If down the line we get a bunch of people trying to use Hell Verse as canon this can absolutely be revisited.

Technically this can be added to the verse page if it doesn't happen enough times to be placed in the discussion rules.
I'm OK with that. I'd search for more examples, cause I do remember more of these happening, but IDK why searching stuff here hasn't worked for the past several weeks

Who tf is "people like to use it" we don't speak for the whole powerscaling community

You need like full on repeated moments and instances of this
WB an addition to the verse page formally explaining why it can't be used?

Last edited:
We've been fine for a while without such a rule, I don't really think one is needed. Especially when we haven't really had an issue with people attempting to use the hell movie for scaling recently except for one thread and that seems hardly enough to make a whole rule out of it.

We've been fine for a while without such a rule, I don't really think one is needed. Especially when we haven't really had an issue with people attempting to use the hell movie for scaling recently except for one thread and that seems hardly enough to make a whole rule out of it.
what about the second proposition of a note in the verse page

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back