• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bleach Bankai General Discussion 14

yeah , this dude was a spirit at that time and even the lowest spirit can still see shinigami but can't sense them

i mean even yammy wich is a pretty powerfull guy can't sense reiatsu for shit and can't sense the difference between bankai ichigo and tatsuki

So, since the meaning of higher has been changed to the norm, can we make this change again

Can someone make this formatting change to Ichigo's Profile

AP: At least High 6-A, 5-C with Merged Hollow Form | 5-C, higher with Merged Hollow Form

Key: True Shikai | True Bankai

Because, it really is formatted better this way

^I feel like its better that way too.

Btw guys, did you check the BBS news? Lmao, the ultimate bait has arrived, all 4 manga rouds are back. Ive always been wondering if they'd ever do something like this and here it is.

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
So, since the meaning of higher has been changed to the norm, can we make this change again
Can someone make this formatting change to Ichigo's Profile

AP: At least High 6-A, 5-C with Merged Hollow Form | 5-C, higher with Merged Hollow Form

Key: True Shikai | True Bankai

Because, it really is formatted better this way
IIRC someone made the changes and then was penalized for it, and was told to make a CRT about it.

So yeah, do that I guess.

Not taking any chances on manga characters unless they start busting out sternritter, burn the witch, or squad zero.

DragonEmperor23 said:
I got all the manga characters I wanted so I'm happy </div>
Ima try and reroll for Toshiro. From there on, ill try to get as many orbs as possible for Retsu. If i get lucky enough, i might stop, or i might drop a few orbs on the 4th banner. This is my plan xD So i dont spend all my orbs for that Retsu on my main T.T

Sekusu said:
How much do we need to wait till the novel ends?
Well reading through the comments it seems like Scheneizel is having some problems in real life so the translations are going to come out much slower than before.

Well reading through the comments it seems like Scheneizel is having some problems in real life so the translations are going to come out much slower than before.

I think iam going to die before we make a profile for SK

So i saw man saying about Star Flash from the Mask Masculine and decided to re-read the chapter, so i noticed some interesting things.

The Star Flash is:

- It is called a beam of light by the user

- Move i a straight line

- It reflects on a reflecting surface (it is a diffuse reflection, occurs when the light reaches an irregular surface and the rays are reflected in different directions).

I dunno if you posted the wrong scan but that didn't reflect. Its a star shaped beam hitting a sword and the "reflections" are still the same star shape.

USklaverei said:
So i saw man saying about Star Flash from the Mask Masculine and decided to re-read the chapter, so i noticed some interesting things.
The Star Flash is:

- It is called a beam of light by the user

- Move i a straight line

- It reflects on a reflecting surface (it is a diffuse reflection, occurs when the light reaches an irregular surface and the rays are reflected in different directions).
if this is accepted when its looked at iirc renji came out of no where to block the attack ( i think the sky since he was falling)

so what would be the mechanic behind hisagi's bankai fixing him and his opponent back to their initial state when the bankai was activated? some sort of time manipulation? wasn't there some stuff about the zanpakutou that sounds like orihime's power?

"...Even considering this Bankai boasting of unrivalled power, there always has to exist a justifiable weakness, as if to balance the corresponding strength.

In case of 'Zangetsu', it was the violent expenditure of reiatsu..."

This sounds . . . interesting.

At first I did not think it was a reflection either, but after analyzing it well, I changed my mind.

Yes, the Star Flash is a star-shaped beam, but if you compare them, you will realize that they are very different.

Look at that sweep as is the shape.

Then look at this one.

Very different right? However, this may be inconsistency of the art, since Kubo sins a lot with it, however, there is something else, the size.

Note that on the second scan, the beam is much larger, so much so that you can not see the full size of it, so I kind of completed the rest.

Renji interceptando Star Flash 2
That's because I was too lazy to do everything hahah

So basically that would be almost the size of Renji's Zanpakuto, plus, if he was that size, he would hit Rose.

Other than that, we still have the conversation from the Mask: turning aside my star from Flash

We know that Renji did not deviate from the Star Flash , of course, he intercepted, then, how did he deviate?

Simple, deflected the Star Flash in the case, changed direction.

At least that's how I understood.

Yes.

Interesting that this was similar to the Jugram that reflects the Heilig Pfeil of Ishida, both left steam in the sword.

.... your point? Steam does not make it light. Energy attacks causing vapor is nothing new in Bleach. Look at Jugo's sword actually reflecting light in the same panel and not only does it have a different design for reflection (the same one used for all light), it also isn't giving off vapor or anything of the sort.

But that doesn't make it light like US is arguing. We already know concentrations of reishi produces large amounts of heat and vaporizes things so its just an energy attack getting blocked rather than light being reflected.

There are several types of reflection and I mentioned this when I talked about the Star Flash

In the vapor is as follows, the light that the Jugram reflected is not a beam of light concentrated enough to burn something instantly, it will only do so in a certain time, however Star Flash is concentrated, it is capable of burning something in moments .

Light generates heat, as Peter quoted, if you take a magnifying glass with the sun and point at something, it will burn, the magnifying glass converges the rays into a single point, then the concentration will be higher at this point and with that there will be combustion, same case of Star Flash.

The attack was blocked and then diverted in another direction, as Masculine's own Mask speaks, that is, reflection.

Unless you think that totality is the size of the Star Flash , which in this case would be bigger than Renji's Zanpakuto-o.

And what makes it light and not just an energy beam when all its done so far is act like other energy attacks (that are not light) in the setting? It doesn't even reflect off of anything since this is just the shape of the beam impacting and breaking against Zabimaru.

Blocked and diverted =/= reflection, unless we are gonna give BoS Ichigo attack reflection for blocking and diverting a cero.

USklaverei said:
At first I did not think it was a reflection either, but after analyzing it well, I changed my mind.
Yes, the Star Flash is a star-shaped beam, but if you compare them, you will realize that they are very different.

Look at that sweep as is the shape.

Then look at this one.

Very different right? However, this may be inconsistency of the art, since Kubo sins a lot with it, however, there is something else, the size.

Note that on the second scan, the beam is much larger, so much so that you can not see the full size of it, so I kind of completed the rest.

Renji interceptando Star Flash 2
That's because I was too lazy to do everything hahah

So basically that would be almost the size of Renji's Zanpakuto, plus, if he was that size, he would hit Rose.
I've explained it twice, read my comment.

But in that case, blocking and deflecting would be the reflex, I said that just because you quoted.

BoS Ichigo redirected a attack with the metal of his sword? If yes, show me

But you didn't. You are giving your reasoning why it is light but as I have pointed out, basically every other energy attack (which are not light) in the setting will result in the same.

They are the exact same attack. Both are from Mask, both are fired the same way, both look the same. The only difference between that can be argued is the size but even that isn't the case as your reasoning for it is based off of a panel where the attack has already impacted/detonated/dispersed against Zabimaru's surface as you can tell from the sound effect (what laser makes a clang sound against metal?).

Ichigo vs the Gillian. Ishida has the plan to amp his arrows with the Zan strapped to his head. Ichigo calls him dumb and runs forward. The Gillian fires a cero and he puts his Zan between him and the cero. The cero is blocked and diverted around the blade. Lets look at the similarities between that event and this one.

• An energy attack is fired
  • It only travels in a straight line
  • It gets blocked and diverted by a sword (with an even more reflective surface)
  • Pretty sure ceros have been called beams of light too
The situations are practically identical so shall we argue for lightspeed cero and BoS Ichigo? You won't though (at least I hope you won't) because the cero isn't being reflected, its being blocked, deflected, diverted etc. The same two words you used to define reflection earlier (blocking and diverting) fit that scene perfectly.

Back