• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bleach: TYBW Revisions (Oken scaling)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I might be a little late for Oken scaling but whatever....

Ichibē and other gotei 0 members have bones from Oken (thanks to Reio). The same goes for Mimihagi. This scaling should also apply to Reio's pure son Yhwach. Also don't forget the other SK bodies like Gremmy and Gerarrd which are made up of SK pieces. And of course Aizen through the Hogyoku. Also, in TYBW episode 8, Ichibē says;
Sosuke Aizen was trying to make an Ouken. In other words... he was trying to create us using his own spiritual powers.
Aizen is a character who plans to create Oken even with his own reiatsu, and he would most likely do this thanks to Hogyoku. The reason I specifically quote this part is because even if the Soul King's organs earn a Likely/Possible rating, I think Aizen should go full scale. I think the same about Yhwach, after all he is Reio's son.

Things to add:

Profiles to Add Resistors:

Last edited:
Regarding how the characters Mimihagi, Pernida, and Gerard would scale in comparison to the Oken feat, there are a few points to consider. Gerard is referred to as the Heart of the Soul King. Since a heart does not contain bones, Gerard would likely be excluded from possessing any inherent resistance derived from the Soul King's bones.

Mimihagi has been presented in the series as an arm composed of reishi, as stated by Yhwach himself. While all beings in Soul Society are made of reishi, Yhwach's description implies Mimihagi exists in an energy state lacking a physical bone structure.

The oken clothing is said to be made from the Soul King's bones and hair, which is a valid point.

Aizen has the Nail of the Soul King fused within the Hogyoku, yet nails do not contain bones either. Through the series is implied that different parts of the Soul King may possess varying abilities. Gremmy, representing the brain, also lacks bones. Debatable. Implied in the series, never stated.

Pernida's situation is debatable, as Kubo mentioned she took a human Quincy as a host, similar to Ukitake. The bones in her awakened form could potentially be derived from the Soul King, but this is uncertain.

Finally, while all Fullbringers possess a fragment of the Soul King's essence, we cannot definitively grant them immunity to such feats unless explicitly demonstrated through those wearing the Soul King's bone-crafted garments.

Regarding how the characters Mimihagi, Pernida, and Gerard would scale in comparison to the Oken feat, there are a few points to consider. Gerard is referred to as the Heart of the Soul King. Since a heart does not contain bones, Gerard would likely be excluded from possessing any inherent resistance derived from the Soul King's bones.

Mimihagi has been presented in the series as an arm composed of reishi, as stated by Yhwach himself. While all beings in Soul Society are made of reishi, Yhwach's description implies Mimihagi exists in an energy state lacking a physical bone structure.

The oken clothing is said to be made from the Soul King's bones and hair, which is a valid point.
In the section I mentioned, Ichibē says;
Screenshot_20240303-111343_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20240303-111353_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20240303-111358_Chrome.jpg

They imply that it happened with the power of the Soul king. I would also like to point out that even if it were as you said, Gerard and others would have to be resistant to it because they have bones.
Aizen has the Nail of the Soul King fused within the Hogyoku, yet nails do not contain bones either. Through the series is implied that different parts of the Soul King may possess varying abilities. Gremmy, representing the brain, also lacks bones. Debatable. Implied in the series, never stated.
Aizen would create Oken thanks to his hogyoku. He would do this with his reiatsu. That's why he needed the Hogyoku, something made up of Reio's pieces. He could have done this in the Soul Society for 100 years, but why did he manipulate people instead of doing this? Because he couldn't do it without Hogyoku
Pernida's situation is debatable, as Kubo mentioned she took a human Quincy as a host, similar to Ukitake. The bones in her awakened form could potentially be derived from the Soul King, but this is uncertain.
I disagree due to the above scans.
Finally, while all Fullbringers possess a fragment of the Soul King's essence, we cannot definitively grant them immunity to such feats unless explicitly demonstrated through those wearing the Soul King's bone-crafted garments.
Honestly I didn't mention that

Oken is given in Squad Zero's Bones through the power of the Soul King who has power over permission to enter and leave the palace, so that other parts of the Soul King's body that do not have power over permission to enter and leave the palace cannot be considered to have Oken Bones, and it is also very strange to say Yhwach , Gremmy, Pernida and Gerard have the Oken Bone while they have to wait for Ichigo to open a path so they can reach the palace.

Aizen might still be considered because he once said that his Reiatsu would reach the palace.

Oken is given in Squad Zero's Bones through the power of the Soul King who has power over permission to enter and leave the palace, so that other parts of the Soul King's body that do not have power over permission to enter and leave the palace cannot be considered to have Oken Bones, and it is also very strange to say Yhwach , Gremmy, Pernida and Gerard have the Oken Bone while they have to wait for Ichigo to open a path so they can reach the palace.
Yhwach was already able to summon the others here. They probably waited for Ichigo to get off because it would make it easier to get to the palace.
Aizen might still be considered because he once said that his Reiatsu would reach the palace.
This issue is quite easy and clear in my opinion

In the section I mentioned, Ichibē says;
Screenshot_20240303-111343_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20240303-111353_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20240303-111358_Chrome.jpg

They imply that it happened with the power of the Soul king. I would also like to point out that even if it were as you said, Gerard and others would have to be resistant to it because they have bones.

Aizen would create Oken thanks to his hogyoku. He would do this with his reiatsu. That's why he needed the Hogyoku, something made up of Reio's pieces. He could have done this in the Soul Society for 100 years, but why did he manipulate people instead of doing this? Because he couldn't do it without Hogyoku

I disagree due to the above scans.

Honestly I didn't mention that
I’m not basing this on an English translation. Get the raw kanji words for it.

Yhwach was already able to summon the others here. They probably waited for Ichigo to get off because it would make it easier to get to the palace.

This issue is quite easy and clear in my opinion
Yhwach could summon them just like Jugram summon them to the palace. Any of them could had gone there and summoned Yhwach and the others if they could.

Fullbrings powers come from the power of the Soul King. What’s the rebuttal for Fullbringers not getting it?

I don't think there is anything different in raw translation
You saying there's no difference in raw translation got my attention. Any chance you can throw in some evidence to back that up? We're not here for baseless claims.

There is a 99% chance there isn’t any difference, just ignore him, he’s being pedantic.
Telling someone to ignore a point doesn't fly in a debate. Let's keep it real and actually address what's on the table. I'm waiting for some substance in this conversation.

“I demand the raws” isn’t a point Apple. If you want the raws go get the raws and find someone to translate them. We aren’t holding up something cuz you’re throwing a needle in the dark over the raws.

“I demand the raws” isn’t a point Apple. If you want the raws go get the raws and find someone to translate them. We aren’t holding up something cuz you’re throwing a needle in the dark over the raws.
Oh, spare me the evasion tactics. When I ask for raws, it's not some wild goose chase. If you're making bold claims, you back them up. Don't pretend like demanding evidence is some outlandish request. If you're not holding back, then show what you've got. Quit the dodging and let's see some substance behind those words.

Looks okay.

Can you open the profile of these two characters so I can add the accepted ones?

Can you open the profile of these two characters so I can add the accepted ones?
Sorry for the late response, the profiles should be unlocked now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back