• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bleach Bankai General Discussion 14

I feel like 100 million years is too long for longevity in the Bleach-verse.

Don't Shinigami only live for like, thousands of years at most?

Warren Valion said:
I feel like 100 million years is too long for longevity in the Bleach-verse.
Don't Shinigami only live for like, thousands of years at most?
No limit was stated, Yama is likely incredibly old in comparison to Unohana since he fought Ikomikidomoe. Even Zaraki was around during her time but as a child.

Okay I finally added the immortalites to the Zero Divison members so that thread can be removed from the OP. Are there any other accepted CRT's that weren't added yet?

I didn't expect it to be much to be honest.

Also, CFYOW seems like it will be finishing up this month most likely. I've gotten more time on my hands so I'm compiling some things togther to make things easier once it ends so we can transition smoothly.

Topics we need to go over:

New characters and their profiles (Aura, Tokinada, Hikone)

New scaling from new feats, statements and characters (Base Grimmjow > Resurreccion Nnoitra and such)

The new abilities revealed (Kido, Bankai, Shikai and such)

What is now canon (All novels by Matsubara and Narita plus the novel further giving credence to Memories of Nobody)

And of course, the Soul King, Yhwach, Mimihagi and Almighty. I'm personally getting started on that as I go on with life the next few weeks since I'm still kinda busy, just not as much.

Btw where's the new Lanza del Relampago calc? Cause that's a pretty important calc that would affect majority of the profiles since it turns out Post-Training Byakuya is currently High 6-A via faulty reasonings. And there's that statement from the novel that makes most characters scale to him.

Peter1129 said:
Btw where's the new Lanza del Relampago calc? Cause that's a pretty important calc that would affect majority of the profiles since it turns out Post-Training Byakuya is currently High 6-A via faulty reasonings. And there's that statement from the novel that makes most characters scale to him.
Are you talking about the Nobles statement? Nothing about it contradicted Byakuya's new feats and scaling. They don't say all Nobles are equal to each other completely.

I'm talking about this line.

"But inwardly, Kyoraku did not think it was alright to relax, because Tokinada's reiatsu was at par with Kuchiki Byakuya's and Shihoin Yoruichi's, the other aristocrats from the Four Great Noble Houses. The members of the Four Great Noble Houses were famous for their immense reiatsu, but it did not mean that they had reached the outskirts of common sense, unlike Yama-ji."

It said that Tokinada is on par with Byakuya and Yoruichi. Shunsui fought Tokinada which means he also scales. Volstanding Robert was shown to be comparable to Base/Shikai Shunsui. Nanana is arguably stronger than Robert since he could survive the Auswahlen that instantly killed Robert. Meninas stated that she and Liltotto were stronger than Robert, Nanana, and Candice after Bankai Byakuya took them out. Liltotto stated that both her and Giselle are stronger than Meninas. So yeah quite a few characters scale to Byakuya.

Also currently Post-Training Byakuya is High 6-A scaling from Gerard which doesn't make any sense since God Size Gerard can casually swat aside his bankai without taking any damage. So the only way Byakuya is staying at High 6-A is if Unohana scaling to Post-Muken Base Kenpachi w/o eyepatch is accepted. Otherwise they will scale to the new Lanza del Relampago calc.

It's more likely referring to Post-Training Byakuya. Since Tokinads could fight Shunsui who could take on Shikai Yamamoto alongside Ukitake. And Pre-Training Byakuya being comparable to Shunsui wouldn't make any sense.

Peter1129 said:
It's more likely referring to Post-Training Byakuya. Since Tokinads could fight Shunsui who could take on Shikai Yamamoto alongside Ukitake. And Pre-Training Byakuya being comparable to Shunsui wouldn't make any sense.
They're specifically talking about the reiatsu levels of nobles, the fact Yoruichi is even mentioned means they're talking about Pre-Training.

Yoruichi has always been shown to be one of the stronger captains. In the Fake Karakura Town arc she could keep up with Urahara and Isshin against Chrysalis Aizen. And in the TYBW arc she's capable of heavily injuring Askin who is considered to be one of the stronger Sternritters as he was chosen to be one of the Schutzstaffel.

Also Pre-Training Byakuya being comparable to Shunsui would cause a bunch of scaling problems. First of all Shunsui is able to fight Shikai Yamamoto alongside Ukitake. Yamamoto is stronger than Base Aizen. Base Aizen stated in SAFWY that the only two shinigami that he didn't want to face were Kenpachi and Yamamoto which means he's confident he could defeat even Unohana. Unohana stomped Post-Timeskip Kenpachi multiple times in their training. Said Kenpachi was already much stronger than Azashiro who is stronger than Resureccion Cien Granz who is on par with Full Hollow Ichigo. Cien in his base form at 30% power is stated to be stronger than Resureccion Yammy. Said Yammy required both Arrancar arc Byakuya and Arrancar arc Kenpachi to take down.

Yeah, there's no way that statement is about current Byakuya. Byakuya and Yoruichi were of similar levels before Byakuya's training, his feats after his training are above Yoruichi.

Plus, Reiatsu scaling doesn't make sense in the verse, I literally made a thread that was accepted and disproved Reiatsu = AP = Durability.

Where was it ever mentioned that Post-Timeskip Yoruichi was comparable to Pre-Training Byakuya? His best feat after his training was defeating Volstanding Robert who was comparable to Shikai Shunsui with Bankai offscreen. I'm pretty sure that doesn't put him above Yoruichi who was able to keep up with Urahara and Isshin. Especially not when Urahara is stated to be on par with Base Aizen who one shot Shikai Shunsui. If anything this statement is actually consistent with their feats.

Wait I thought the thread was only discussing how reiatsu does not mean AP equal durability not that reiatsu is not AP or durability.

I stopped to think here and I was confused.

How Ikomikidomoe invaded Reiokyu?
I don't remember if they say anything about.

tbh bykuya training wasnt even all that.. he just learned to control his shikai better making it better than his OLD bankai .

I wanna summon for the new Yoruichi so bad, but I also wanna save for the CFYOW summons and Beyond Ressurection Hallibel.

tru but that was the vow I made

same thing with TYBW Toshiro

Didn't stop me from getting baited by those swimsuit banners right before the Ichigo/Yhwach/Yoru/Hat-and-Clogs banner

Peter1129 said:
Where was it ever mentioned that Post-Timeskip Yoruichi was comparable to Pre-Training Byakuya? His best feat after his training was defeating Volstanding Robert who was comparable to Shikai Shunsui with Bankai offscreen. I'm pretty sure that doesn't put him above Yoruichi who was able to keep up with Urahara and Isshin. Especially not when Urahara is stated to be on par with Base Aizen who one shot Shikai Shunsui. If anything this statement is actually consistent with their feats.
Wait I thought the thread was only discussing how reiatsu does not mean AP equal durability not that reiatsu is not AP or durability.
His best feat after training was shattering Gerard and stopping Gerard's attack, it's literally what gives him his High 6-A feat. If his best feat after training was against Robert then he wouldn't be High 6-A, this bunks your reasoning here.

The Reiatsu thread was showing how Reiatsu does not dictate your stats are equal, because of that Reiatsu does not dictate your physical stats then, your physical stats are based on your feats.

Post-Training Byakuya shattered Volstanding Gerard after he was frozen by Adult Toshiro. Right before this God Size Gerard was casually swatting his Bankai aside without taking any damage whatsoever. This is what I mean when I said he's currently High 6-A via faulty reasonings. Also it makes no sense for him to scale to Volstanding Gerard when he admits that neither him nor Toshiro before going into his adult form stands a chance against God Size Gerard in a 1 v 1 so they had to resort to teaming up. So yeah Byakuya shattering Volstanding Gerard was likely because his durability was lowered due to being frozen. And him stopping Volstanding 2nd Form Gerard is an even bigger outlier.

what gerad swatted away was his bankai's first form not his senkei and was thus a very small fraction of what byakuya can deal in actual damage

unless you have scan were geralt swat ALL the petals of senbonzakura then byakuya managing to hurt geral in senkei wich does make use of all his petals in a much more potent way to attack makes perfect sense .

also , just because a characther can't defeat another one in 1 v 1 doesn't mean they don't scale to each other. If byakuya can hurt , block/tank and react to geralt then he is relative to him

Byakuya's Post-Training key doesn't seperate his other bankai forms from his normal bankai. Also at most that just means Senkei is likely High 6-A for shattering a frozen Volstanding Gerard's head not that Base, Shikai, and Bankai first form Byakuya is High 6-A.

Byakuya was completely unable to injure God Size Gerard in his Bankai. The first time he tried to injure Gerard his bankai was blocked with one hand. The second time he managed to block Gerard's hand from hitting Toshiro using his bankai's AoE. The third time he tried to distract Gerard but his bankai got swatted away like nothing. The fourth time he managed to shatter Volstanding Gerard's head after he was completely frozen by Adult Toshiro. The fifth and final time he managed to block an attack from Volstanding 2nd Form Gerard.

And I'm just gonna repeat what I said before in this thread. I still believe Byakuya is High 6-A scaling from Shunsui who fought Yamamoto. However his current justification is inaccurate and should be changed since it makes it seem like he's much higher into High 6-A than where he's supposed to be.

So here Aizen says that humans can not feel their power because they can not feel spiritual energy. But was he able to see Aizen, like that?

Back