• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Big Fairy Tail AP and Speed CRT 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is heat not fire, and still would get an energy result either way, though it would not matter

I mean, whatever we get is lower than when he vaporized Sand, which is quite literally impossible

Above Baseline MHS+ but unknown how much.

But considering lightning it's still a thing that can land, I'd say that not by much.

Not sure if I did the math right but if we're going on the assuption that their are as fast as Lightning then it's not even that big of a jump concidering how long ago BoFT is compared to GoG even with the timeskip taken into consider.

I'm curious if Mardgeer lazer dodging feat is similar.

Sub rel is around 8000+, so yeah, that's a quite jump.

Also, this is off topic, but is there any reason for that Acno vs BB match to stay? The previous reasoning is kinda invalid now.

Wait, what? Where does this 6.8x Lightning speed comes from? IIRC Natsu's feat is barely above lightning's speed which is Mach 1294.

You did not understand. I said that the difference between lightning speed and 1% light speed is 6.8x

36x to get to 5%, not the worse I've personally seen, especially since it seems we don't have an actual speed level for GoG arc.

I"m still curiose on how Mardgear turns out, I'm pretty sure the only reason it's been denied because of not enough feats of similar level right? so if Mardgear turns out similar then it'll probably be fine since GoG and Tarturus should be comparable, if not normally then curtainly DF or LFDS Natsu during Tarturas Arc.

In terms of Wahls beam if the math checks out then could we just put that feat as a seperat tier like we did for Irene's UO? It might just be me but I've always viewed Wahl as an abnormality to the normal Spriggans, like a wild card seemed like he was out of place. Of course I'm saying he's at Irene's level just that he seemed different to Brandish and the others. Beyond that I do agree that we shouldn't just scale all the relevent character during the War arc to that feat, I might be a fan of the sereis but even I have a limit. Now if we can find a feat that supports it then sure but untill then.

The laser feat isn't valid to begin with. It assumes that Sting uses light which he doesn't and the method uses seems very shaky since it's first calc I've seen that uses such a method.

It has been stated multiple times that Sting uses light either by him or others. It is based on atmospheric refraction which is common to find light speed when traveling through a medium

So why wasn't that adressed when the Blog was posted if the method was shaky? Besides the feat isn't going by the assumption the laser is going at the speed of light. CNB even admited that it wasn't.

CNBA3 said:
It has been stated multiple times that Sting uses light either by him or others. It is based on atmospheric refraction which is common to find light speed when traveling through a medium

Scans of that being that case? As far as I'm aware he's never been stated to use light. Just white Magic, and there's several things wrong with his light. It's tangible as Mard was able to slap it away, which shouldn't be the case. It can explode, bends and comes from a magical source. That's also ignoring the fact that it's not made of particles or photons nor has it been shown to reflect off of different surfaces. Also

atmospheric refraction which is common to find light speed when traveling through a medium

This is extremely suspect, this is my first time seeing such a method used and I'd like to see the source of this. If anything calc members should review that to see if it's legit or not because I'm very doubtful.

JBennett said:
So why wasn't that adressed when the Blog was posted if the method was shaky? Besides the feat isn't going by the assumption the laser is going at the speed of light. CNB even admited that it wasn't.

That doesn't matter, it assumes it's light which it clearly isn't. There's many things wrong with Stings magic being light arguments. There's nothing supporting it and it's shaky since it's the first and only time I've ever seen such a method being used here and on different sites.

JBennett said:
Again if the Method was shaky why wasn't it adress when the blog was posted?

Read above. It's shaky because none of the calc members have ever used such a method before and the fact that they likely didn't look too far into the method itself but rather the math of the calc.

Sting saying anything light and white will not work on him

Rogue stating the union of light and shadow

Also, Mard never touched his laser, just used some means to bend it's trajectory.

It did not explode, his holy breath exploded, just just made some sort of damage, but no explosion. Magic is accepted here that as part of nature. Even magic has real life scientific particles, such as carbon, iron and steel, even actual light sources that were not created by magic are stated to have magic energy like moonlight.

Here is the link https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atmospheric_refractio

Again statements don't mean jack whenever we're showing otherwise. Within that same panel the magic Sting uses bends, and Sting can eat light since it's white. He's the White Dragon Slayer for a reason, and no not all Magic in FT work like actual elements. There's red lightning, light that bends and fire that can become solid. That arguments is worthless.

I'll have calc members look into that since as far as I'm aware that's never been used there. It really does seem like a way to inflate light based calcs to get around our criteria.

Just as a note Sting currently has Light Manipulation in the profile and his DS magic states he can generate and manipulate light. '''Again '''I'm '''not saying '''the laser is light speed.

Every magic has it's own magical attribute, but that doesn't make it any less real from the real thing, Lightning attracts to lightning rods, coming down from the sky, Fire being used to tamper with air currents to create upward drafts. Same metal from the lightning rod can become new elements from assimilation of other chemical compounds like Carbon. Just like how light can bend or curve given it's interaction with the material it passes through

JBennett said:
Just as a note Sting currently has Light Manipulation in the profile and his DS magic states he can generate and manipulate light. Again I'm not saying the laser is light speed.

Agai it doesn't matter that Sting says that he uses light whenever his light doesn't meet our criteria. Fairy Tail isn't getting a free pass whenever other verses don't. Stings Light doesn't behave like real light does.

JBennett said:
Just as a note Sting currently has Light Manipulation in the profile and his DS magic states he can generate and manipulate light. Again I'm not saying the laser is light speed.
Sting's magic is White Dragon Slayer Magic, not Light Dragon Slayer Magic. When he attacks, his projectiles are both Light and Holy manipulation. It's not treated as actual light and light speed because it's a mixture of Light and Holy Manip, not pure light.

Doesn't mean those verses cannot get those light criteria's when needed.

Sting says anything light & White, so there is a difference in what he says with using his powers and what he interacts with. White light is pure light though, based on science, even Kain said he uses Pure Light in his attack. And no, Sting's laser is not light speed

I know and I'm not saying it's light speed nor is the feat going on the assuption.

Anyways I'm not going to get too involved in a personally heated debate where I'm not even technically agreeing to, I was just simply being fair so I'm out on this one. I don't have the patience to stay in this marry-go-round. Besides I'll pobably forget about this by morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back