• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Be My Rimworld Pawns

We have our first character death.

We were asked to distract a mechanoid cluster for long enough for another group to take out the hive in return for some really good shit, including a regen implant. The list of enemies that would be coming as part of this was really large but I accepted anyways, since @Crabwhale is sort of cracked at killing mechs due to his power maul's EMP thing.

Well they must have known about him because he was set on fire instantly and downed.

The fight was rough, but we won- and without casualties, until the second to last guy exploded and blew @PhantomØ4 to smithereens. Not sure if the rest of you will die yet- @Shmooply has three hours to live at time of typing, and Crab is, as previously mentioned, mostly burn wounds. Relatively confident that it's just Phantom, but that means we now lack a craftsman good enough to make most of our shit, which is a serious impediment.

Maybe I can get a mission to resurrect him, who knows. Til then, I need to place a crypt.
Can you make armor the new craft person since he is new? Also RIP

Can you make armor the new craft person since he is new? Also RIP
I could, but he has ass tier crafting by default, possibly the lowest of anybody in the colony. Judging by existing skills, the AI guy I recruited to be our big dumb meat wall is now technically the most suited to the job, so I'll be training him up.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
yeah, sorry chief, they got you pretty good

Welp, anyone wanna take a few levels in necromancy?
as I said, Rimworld has resurrection stuff even without mods, but his body's been cremated, shit's gone. We'll erect a statue of him later.

Respect the fallen *****. This game isn't your personal ego trip smh
Hey, they didn't 'fall', they were blown into smitheries and a goddamn rat child with no toes cremated the bastard. respect the uh... blown up. me being egotistical is the least of our problems here.

a bigger problem here is the child cremating people. can we kill the child? 🗿

If we kill the child can I turn the bones into ornaments (to add to my trophy collection)

Hey, they didn't 'fall', they were blown into smitheries and a goddamn rat child with no toes cremated the bastard. respect the uh... blown up. me being egotistical is the least of our problems here.

a bigger problem here is the child cremating people. can we kill the child? 🗿
I think the children are going to kill themselves

Aight imma unfollow it’s too much to be the first death and the telephone guy won’t let me be ashes in pieces☠️☠️☠️

Also is it bad that every time I read the word "Rimworld" all I can think is Discworld.

Today's events that are either notable/relevant:
  • A glitch with the Sidearms mod destroyed all of our best weapons so I brought them back after having a heart attack watching them just disappear completely. Removing the mod from the game is in consideration.
  • @Mad_Dog_of_Fujiwara created a statue just titled "Crap". It's in her room and depicts a writer surrounded by automatons.
  • @Crabwhale was sent on a small expedition to a city that was being bombarded by orbital lasers, wherein he stepped inside, grabbed all of their drugs, booze, and coffee, and fled the scene.
  • @Epiccheev failed his first operation, which is exceptionally poor timing since the operation was replacing the hand of our new craftsperson (his own was blown off in combat) with a very expensive advanced bionic limb. On an unrelated note, I will be having him do brain surgery later today so... we'll see how it goes. Gods bless whoever is under his scalpel.
  • In a dream vision, I've learned why the children are already like five years old: apparently they'll grow 4x as fast until they're adults, so it will only take a few in-game years for them to be actual people, which is exciting (presuming they don't die by then, @ImmortalDread's kid keeps getting hunted by panthers).
  • @Comiphorous threw a concert on his harpischord that we made for him. It made everyone happy except for @PsychoWarper who decided to stand outside in the rain for the duration of it.
All for now.

Is it plain old brain surgery or am i trying to give someone superpowers here?
Implanting an AI learning assistant in them, haven't decided who I'm giving it to yet.

In a dream vision, I've learned why the children are already like five years old: apparently they'll grow 4x as fast until they're adults, so it will only take a few in-game years for them to be actual people, which is exciting (presuming they don't die by then, @ImmortalDread's kid keeps getting hunted by panthers).
How old is my son?

The first generation of kids are five. There are now a few more, of which a second son is also yours (literally just born) named Vidimir.

Now, for the pre-work update for a couple hours of game time:

• @Setsuna_tenma now has a ******* laser gun. he set fire to the jungle while hunting a monkey.
  • @Comiphorous lost his ear in the heat of battle against a siege. Otherwise the battle went overwhelmingly well, for a refreshing change of pace.
  • @Mad_Dog_of_Fujiwara has changed his name from "Nobura" to "Boy", perhaps just in case anybody was confused since he isn't man enough to sacrifice a few fingers to the Demon Fridge. The child is glitching the game out by apparently accepting ten new jobs per tick from unknown sources, I may have to BFR him. EDIT: Turns out his "job" was trying to get back into his baby crib, so assigning him a bed in the kid's room worked.
  • @Crabwhale, Setsuna, and @BasedNecoScaler69 embarked on a Lord of the Rings-esque adventure to clear out a nearby crypt containing a legendary viking hero and potentially recruit them to our colony- this will probably end up in a death so I sent the AI guy made of scar tissue with them for good measure. UPDATE: It went well, we didn't recruit the guy because he punched Crabwhale in the nose when he woke up out of cryo-sleep so we gunned him down. Took his shit though, which is pretty nice, plus he went to bed with hundreds of gold so somebody's getting something cool made out of gold in the near future.
  • @ImmortalDread your son has grown to the age of 7 and has the option of choosing to be sexist, nudist, a psychopath, or an extreme body modder, which to my knowledge is more or less the choice all 7 year olds have to make when the time comes. For him, I've chosen body modder since we'll probably be loading the kid up with artificial limbs and shit anyways.
  • @Armorchompy is going to be a farmer no matter how much he protests.
  • We're almost finished with constructing a monument for the Super High Tech Funtime Empire (Imperium of God) and in return they're gonna give us a persona weapon, which I have no idea regarding what it actually is but it sounds cool as ****. Probably gonna give it to @azontr so he can match Crab's Zeushammer and Comiphorous' psychic wizard staff thing.

And for the record, the throne room goes ******* CRAZY hard. Even with the loss of one of our excellent statues (made by yours truly, I've somehow become the main art guy of the colony, and I'm great at it), the shit is off the damn charts.

Great work everyone, all around. I've purposefully made myself the least useful ************ in the colony since... well, who am I going to report my own antics to, eh?

The child is glitching the game out by apparently accepting ten new jobs per tick from unknown sources, I may have to BFR him. EDIT: Turns out his "job" was trying to get back into his baby crib, so assigning him a bed in the kid's room worked.
That's how you know he's my kid... grind never stops 💪

Back