• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Battle of Sword Saints (Hinata Sakaguchi vs Reinhard van Astrea) (GRACE!!!)

Hinata Sakaguchi (LN Saint in Transition): 091Franky, Lynieryz, Noxx, Milly_Rocking_Bandit, Sonicflare9, FantaRin_The_First, Abstractions, Ss3micah
Reinhard van Astrea (With Dragon Sword Reid): Epiccheev

Both in Character
Starting Distance 100 Meters Apart
Speed Equalized (To Avoid Obvious Speed Blitzing)
Win by Any Means Necessary
May the Best Sword Saint Win

Last edited:
in the volume 7 of the novel, im not sure if the context is rlly about strength, since it is rated as target below'' Hinata's level in skill and Target is better than her'', so, not sure if its about strength
Well...
It does say "Ending with one of those results meant this was a pretty strong foe" so Usurper definitely has to do with the aspect of power in some regard.
Plus in the manga scan it did say that it works on those deemed as 'superior opponents' and talks about their overall capabilities. Strength would be a category in those overall capabilities and I cant Imagine Hinata deeming Reinhard superior to herself when she's Tier 6-C and he's Tier 7-B, literally far above the standard One-Shot (x7.5) Gap.

Volume 7 seems to nudge in the direction of strength to so.....
That's my opionion

in the volume 7 of the novel, im not sure if the context is rlly about strength, since it is rated as target below'' Hinata's level in skill and Target is better than her'', so, not sure if its about strength
Also when it comes to the factor of being superior via skill, I am not sure if there is any conclusive way to say that Hinata would be superior or inferior

So all in all strength is really both a valid, applicable and unquestionable factor to go with

I don't think so
IIRC Usurper works on those stronger than Hinata and doesn't affect those that are weaker than herself
Reinhard is physically Tier 7 here while Hinata is Tier 6 so.... Yeah
Not really she could forcibly take skills of even weaker foes, She used it against rimuru in her first fight despite rimuru being weaker than her and it was first shown to be not applicable on him then she forcibly used it.

From Vol.7

"She had honed her skills to the point that she had Force Takeover, a rule-breaking skill that was fully effective against weaker foes."

Last edited:
"She had honed her skills to the point that she had Force Takeover, a rule-breaking skill that was fully effective against weaker foes."
Okay Two Questions

1. What does it do? Cause I looked around and I cant find it's effect for the life of me
2. How in character is it for her to use this? Based on how much I have read about her it seems very unlikely since In character when Hinata scans someone with Usurper and it reads "Not Applicable" she usually goes into this "I don't have anything to worry about" attitude

Okay Two Questions

1. What does it do? Cause I looked around and I can't find it's effect for the life of me
2. How in character is it for her to use this? Based on how much I have read about her it seems very unlikely since In character when Hinata scans someone with Usurper and it reads "Not Applicable" she usually goes into this "I don't have anything to worry about" attitude
1. If she successfully used her skill then she will copy everything from skills to Arts(different techniques from skills which could be made using magic, pure swordsmanship, or self-developed techniques)
2. It's in her character Measurer + usurper. She uses it against rimuru when he summoned ifrit even tho he was not applicable neither ifrit possessed a threat to her

Okay Two Questions

1. What does it do? Cause I looked around and I cant find it's effect for the life of me
Usurper was one of the first thing that Hinata tried against Rimuru
Reinhard being a "Not Applicable" Target due to being VASTLY weaker
well, volume 7 said:
as franky showed

1. If she successfully used her skill then she will copy everything from skills to Arts(different techniques from skills which could be made using magic, pure swordsmanship, or self-developed techniques)
2. It's in her character Measurer + usurper. She uses it against rimuru when he summoned ifrit even tho he was not applicable neither ifrit possessed a threat to her
Usurper was one of the first thing that Hinata tried against Rimuru

well, volume 7 said:

as franky showed
I'm slightly confused
I'm asking what does Force Takeover does?
All It said is that it's a rule breaking skill that works against weaker opponents
What does that mean?
Does it change the rules of Usurper so it works against Weaker Opponents?

I'm slightly confused
I'm asking what does Force Takeover does?
All It said is that it's a rule breaking skill that works against weaker opponents
What does that mean?
Does it change the rules of Usurper so it works against Weaker Opponents?
It is the same skill, She just perfected it to the point that she could use it against even weaker foe

Okay so now Usurper works on Reinhard
Great

So now I have four questions

1. How soon does Hinata use Usurper in a standard fight?
2. What if Usurper get's blocked by "Unknown Blessing"?
3. What's Hinata's answer to instant nuke the moment Reid is drawn?
4. Can usurper affect Reinhard's super natural existence based blessings?

It was one of the first things that she used against Rimuru
  • Unknown Blessing: It has been stated that if a tactical nuke was used on Reinhard, it wouldn't go off.
??

She could probably sense the ongoing danger due her analysis and use Melt Slash
4. Can usurper affect Reinhard's super natural existence based blessings?
Skills are Supernatural, so, idk maybe?

Okay so now Usurper works on Reinhard
Great

So now I have four questions

4. Can usurper affect Reinhard's supernatural existence blessings?
1. First move
2. How does this work?
3. Hinata's first move mathematician let her know everything about her opponent + It let her speed up her thought so everything will be stolen before he could do anything.
4. From the description It seems that it let him resurrect so it will remain the same every time he resurrects.

In character, Hinata also uses Sealing which binds the soul but she uses it only when she found opponent troublesome.

It was one of the first things that she used against Rimuru
Yeah but that after they started fighting with blades
She would need to start attacking before Reid is drawn cause when Reid is drawn it's game over

Speaking of which, even if she used Usurper that wouldn't stop the Nuke. The Nuke comes from Reid not from Reinhard
  • Unknown Blessing: It has been stated that if a tactical nuke was used on Reinhard, it wouldn't go off.
??
IDK LOLOLOL. I was under the impression it just stops anything that could potentially harm Reinhard but that's an assumption on my part
She could probably sense the ongoing danger due her analysis and use Melt Slash
That's assuming her Information Analysis works on Holy Weapons
Skills are Supernatural, so, idk maybe?
Are Unique skills (since Hinata cant affect Ultimate skills) This level of Supernaturally Existent?

1. First move
Nice
2. How does this work?
From its description, it just stops anything that could potentially harm Reinhard but that's an assumption on my part
3. Hinata's first move mathematician let her know everything about her opponent + It let her speed up her thought so everything will be stolen before he could do anything.
Does her Information Analysis works on Holy Weapons and has Usurper ever affected Weapons before?
4. From the description It seems that it let him resurrect so it will remain the same every time he resurrects.
He gets this blessing from a supernatural existent beings tied to the existence of integral aspects of reality.
In character, Hinata also uses Sealing which binds the soul but she uses it only when she found opponent troublesome.
Dont know what that does Lolol

How are we sure that he can come back from Melt Slash? I dont think so
  • Blessing of the Phoenix: Upon death, he is granted a "continue?" once. He has already used this blessing in his fight with Regulus. While he can't receive the same benefit endlessly, after he used the blessing, he will acquire "Next Blessing of the Phoenix", and then "Next Next Blessing of the Phoenix and so on endlessly, as Od laguna won't let him die.

I would say he Likely can

Yeah but that after they started fighting with blades
She would need to start attacking before Reid is drawn cause when Reid is drawn it's game over

Speaking of which, even if she used Usurper that wouldn't stop the Nuke. The Nuke comes from Reid not from Reinhard
what exactly is the nuke btw?
Are Unique skills (since Hinata cant affect Ultimate skills) This level of Supernaturally Existent?
skills as a whole are made of information which is what makes up the entire reality, Od Laguna is some weird core of the world I guess, but thats just it? Do we have more informations?
Melt slash is not in this key but she have dead end rainbow and disintegration which erases soul so Idk how it'll work
i forgot about the key, ye lol,, but still, she has disintegration, yeah, which works in the same way as melt slash in terms of destruction

• Blessing of the Phoenix: Upon death, he is granted a "continue?" once. He has already used this blessing in his fight with Regulus. While he can't receive the same benefit endlessly, after he used the blessing, he will acquire "Next Blessing of the Phoenix", and then "Next Next Blessing of the Phoenix and so on endlessly, as Od laguna won't let him die.

I would say he Likely can
''Od laguna is an existenced tied to the death and regeneration of spirits'', Hinata erasure goes beyond that and erase informations as well, Od Laguna wont be able to revive him

Nice

From its description, it just stops anything that could potentially harm Reinhard but that's an assumption on my part

Does her Information Analysis works on Holy Weapons and has Usurper ever affected Weapons before?

He gets this blessing from a supernatural existent beings tied to the existence of integral aspects of reality.

Need to check few things but going to sleep currently, Might reply later

what exactly is the nuke btw?
Matter Manipulation with Reid (Recreated the world after Puck froze trees, forest and buildings etc, at absolute zero and turned them to dust, completely erased all traces of Puck from the world)

Simply drawing the sword = Death
skills as a whole are made of information which is what makes up the entire reality, Od Laguna is some weird core of the world I guess, but thats just it? Do we have more informations?
I dont know lol. Call Verse Supporters. I'm just a slightly above average browser of the series
i forgot about the key, ye lol,, but still, she has disintegration, yeah, which works in the same way as melt slash in terms of destruction
Oh Yeah. Disintegration. But IIRC that takes a long ass time to charge and Reinhard wont be standing still

''Od laguna is an existenced tied to the death and regeneration of spirits'', Hinata erasure goes beyond that and erase informations as well, Od Laguna wont be able to revive him
Well #@%!

Okay
All things considered
Reid is still gonna be a problem for Hinata because Usurper may indeed steal Reinhard's skills after an unknown number of attempts but it wont stop Reinhard's ability to draw Reid in the air resulting in instant nuke to death for Hinata

Also
Does Usurper affect one skill at a time or every skill at once?
Im asking because based on the Rimuru fight it seems Hinata was affecting his skills one at a time

Back