• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Reinhard van Astrea VS Gremmy Thoumeaux • (0-7-0)

It's passive, and it was confirmed that the Six Witches stand no chance against him, with only Sekhmet being able to stall him for a few moments.
Wouldn't he beat them due to the massive outstat? He doesn't have to resist anything when he one-shots them in less time than they can think.

Wouldn't he beat them due to the massive outstat? He doesn't have to resist anything when he one-shots them in less time than they can think.
Carmilla's Authority of Lust is passive, the difference in speed & power would mean nothing if he couldn't resist it.

Carmilla's Authority of Lust is passive, the difference in speed & power would mean nothing if he couldn't resist it.

Just read her profile, and this death manipulation is trash. It's quite literally a debuff that kills you eventually. Comparing this to Gremmy is like comparing the heat of a stove to the heat of the Sun.

Just read her profile, and this death manipulation is trash. It's quite literally a debuff that kills you eventually. Comparing this to Gremmy is like comparing the heat of a stove to the heat of the Sun.
I wouldn't call having your heart stopped "just a debuff". And again, he resists Julius' death hax which is just "it hits you and you die".

I don't even know why you're arguing for the death hax when the EE is an infinitely better option.

I wouldn't call having your heart stopped "just a debuff". And again, he resists Julius' death hax which is just "it hits you and you die".

I don't even know why you're arguing for the death hax when the EE is an infinitely better option.
Give me a feat of Julius insta-killing someone, or is it a hyperbole? I'm arguing about death manipulation because killing someone through biological manipulation is not the same as killing someone because he thought about it, and they just died without any physical involvement at all. Reinhard resisting Carmila's heart stop ≠ Resisting Gremmy's Death Manip.

Give me a feat of Julius insta-killing someone, or is it a hyperbole? I'm arguing about death manipulation because killing someone through biological manipulation is not the same as killing someone because he thought about it, and they just died without any physical involvement at all. Reinhard resisting Carmila's heart stop ≠ Resisting Gremmy's Death Manip.
I don't get why you're acting like people in Carmilla's presence having their hearts passively stopped, killing them, isn't impressive death manipulation. It's not instant, but it does have the advantage of being naturally layered.

On Julius' page:
Possibly Death Manipulation (Al Clarista is a certain-death blade, when hit by it Petelguese's Unseen Hands were difficult to reconstitute, growing thinner)

It's a certain-death blade. People hit by said blade are certain to die. It is still a possibly rating, due to the fact that the only individual it was used on was a Spirit that could puppet even a mangled corpse.

The only thing that would prove Gremmy has superior potency over Reinhard's death hax resistance would be a greater number of layers. Even then, Reinhard has resurrection.

The only thing that would prove Gremmy has superior potency over Reinhard's death hax resistance would be a greater number of layers. Even then, Reinhard has resurrection.
Not inherently.

If there's evidence that Gremmy's Death Manipulation can affect more metaphysicals constructs like the soul or mind, which isn't resisted by Reinhard, then he's being affected by Gremmy's ability despite the resistance since he's affecting things which aren't resisted by Reinhard's resistance. It wouldn't affect his physical body, but it would affect his spiritual and mental bodies.

I haven't seen evidence that Reinhard's Death Manipulation resistance extends to the spiritual and mental, just having a general resistance against both structures being damaged/interacted with isn't concrete enough evidence to argue for it extending to more esoteric abilities, like Death Manipulation.

I don't get why you're acting like people in Carmilla's presence having their hearts passively stopped, killing them, isn't impressive death manipulation. It's not instant, but it does have the advantage of being naturally layered.

On Julius' page:

It's a certain-death blade. People hit by said blade are certain to die. It is still a possibly rating, due to the fact that the only individual it was used on was a Spirit that could puppet even a mangled corpse.

Is because is not clear If is just floral lenguage, because "a certain death-blade" can mean the attack is lethal, but not nescessary would kill the opponent with or hax, or If the attack really just cause death on the opponent.

Also don't help that when Julius did hit someone with the attack, the opponent din't die, and we decided the resisted with supernatural Willpower.

Any Bleach supporters know why he didn't start with EE vs Kenpachi?
cus basically gremmy took the "im the strongest - kenpachi" line as a challenge to himself as "the strongest quincy" and so instead of insta kill he decided to show how above kenpachi he was

Julius's attack on Petelgeuse damaged his Od right which contains both your mind and soul? Also Sirius's authority also attacks your mind and soul which was also resisted by Reinhard.
Pretty sure Reinhard resists that
Also Reinhard has instinctive action so the attack would start before a thought is even formed and the attack destroyed and restored the entire range of >2500km in a sjngle instant.
The question about why Gremmy would instantly run away was also not answered.
Another thing is that Reinhard actually speeds up his perception speed as well during fights

I just gonna point out that Reinhard don't actually have the EE attack as a option here, because he only have that in his 5-C tier with Reid, and we using High 6-A.

I just gonna point out that Reinhard don't actually have the EE attack as a option here, because he only have that in his 5-C tier with Reid, and we using High 6-A.
He has Reid with him as standard equipment. He will have that in his match. I am not restricting it.

He has Reid with him as standard equipment. He will have that in his match. I am not restricting it.
You don't have much option here, because is either Reinhard is 5-C and have Reid to use his EE, or he don't have Reid, and can't use his EE nuke, because the tier separation that involves him having or not having.
Well ok, i gonna sleep now.
😴

Last edited:
Julius's attack on Petelgeuse damaged his Od right which contains both your mind and soul? Also Sirius's authority also attacks your mind and soul which was also resisted by Reinhard.
Pretty sure Reinhard resists that
Also Reinhard has instinctive action so the attack would start before a thought is even formed and the attack destroyed and restored the entire range of >2500km in a sjngle instant.
The question about why Gremmy would instantly run away was also not answered.
Another thing is that Reinhard actually speeds up his perception speed as well during fights
Damaging the soul is not equal to erasing the soul. If that were the case, every Bleach character would one-shot.

There is no tier separation, it's a weapon that has its own attack potency.

Just because your standard equipment is a higher tier doesn't mean it's inherently restricted. Gremmy could just erase the sword anyways tbh.

Just because your standard equipment is a higher tier doesn't mean it's inherently restricted. Gremmy could just erase the sword anyways tbh.
Is not exactly restricted, the only thing he can't use is the EE attack of his, but he probally can use the sword just fine.

They were never restricted but I removed that because you guys have extremely thick skulls

Reinhard abused speed equalization too much it seems, for his hubris he was cast down by the very equalization that carried him...

Back