• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Avengers: Infinity War Official Revision Thread (Spoilers)

Thanos shot the Power Stone at Iron Man. Iron Man blocked the blast and dflected it. Iron Man's shields have 5-A durability.

The only argument against that is incredulity.

Hell, the entire argument against the scaling is incredulity.

But yeah.

At least High 6-C Base Thanos, scaling from Thor, Hulk, Iron Man, his children, and also the statements that he is the strongest being in the universe, including from Kevin Feige. 5-A with Infinity Stones

6-C Iron Man via his own feat, Likely 5-A Durability with that special shield he used to block the Power Stone Blast

Likely 5-A Doctor Strange, but a glass cannon. His physical stats are probably 9-A, tho.

Wanda is hard to quantify, but she would at least scale upwards from the 6-C stuff, and be ranked as possibly 5-A

Thor would be like High 6-B or 6-A, based on the Star Forge feat, and 5-A with Stormbreaker

Matt, Iron Man's shield is literally his suit. All it's weapons and armour is made from the nanotech reforming to create the right tool for the job. The armour scales.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Likely 5-A Doctor Strange, but a glass cannon. His physical stats are probably 9-A, tho.
Shouldn't he be able to create 5-A shields?

Matthew Schroeder said:
Thor would be like High 6-B or 6-A, based on the Star Forge feat
Would it scale to Hela?

Matthew Schroeder said:
Thanos shot the Power Stone at Iron Man. Iron Man blocked the blast and dflected it. Iron Man's shields have 5-A durability.

The only argument against that is incredulity.

Hell, the entire argument against the scaling is incredulity.

But yeah.

At least High 6-C Base Thanos, scaling from Thor, Hulk, Iron Man, his children, and also the statements that he is the strongest being in the universe, including from Kevin Feige. 5-A with Infinity Stones

6-C Iron Man via his own feat, Likely 5-A Durability with that special shield he used to block the Power Stone Blast

Wanda is hard to quantify, but she would at least scale upwards from the 6-C stuff, and be ranked as possibly 5-A

Thor would be like High 6-B or 6-A, based on the Star Forge feat, and 5-A with Stormbreaker
I think about putting base Thanos at at least HIgh 6-C, likely High 6-B or 6-A. I don't think the Thor that got beaten by Thanos should differ from the Thor that withstood the Star Forge

Nah. I assume that Thor get a "Zenkai Boost" after nearly dying from his beatdown against Thanos, plus the explosion of his own ship, plus hours to days in the vacuum of space.

Besides, Thor had only wielded his new powers for literally 5 minutes in Thor Ragnarok. He likely got better at it.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Nah. I assume that Thor get a "Zenkai Boost" after nearly dying from his beatdown against Thanos, plus the explosion of his own ship, plus hours to days in the vacuum of space.

Besides, Thor had only wielded his new powers for literally 5 minutes in Thor Ragnarok. He likely got better at it.
I don't think he got a Zenkai boost

Ragnarok takes place in July, Infinity War is in May the following year. Thor had nearly a year to roam around in space to improve his powers.

But yeah, I guess I can see Thanos scaling to baseline Thor.

Well alright then Matt. I mean can you blame some of us doubters for doubting? This is a huge jump in the power rankings for several characters based on something that we've seen called outliers before i.e. characters performing way above their tier without proper justification. But I'll leave it at that. Bravo MCU, you are now the strongest live action comicverse in all tiers up to whatever dormammu is.

Matthew, i'm sorry but if you're going to be calling factual logical arguments "Incredulity", then you're full of shit.

• Fact 1: Not every Blast Thanos throws with the Power Stone is 5-A (This proved in the damn movie itself). But according to your arguments thus far, Possibly 5-A SL, Drax, Nebula? Right? Or any s that illogical?
  • Fact 2: The Mind Stone doesn't have the same or remotely comparable output of power as the Power Stone. Thus, it's baseless to even recommend "possibly" 5-A Wanda. Thor Shattered the Reality Stone When he was much weaker, is Dark World Thor Possibly 5-A?
I agree with most everything else you're saying but unfortunately it's YOU that are using illogical arguments and is being in a state of "incredulity".

• 5-A Ironman is Illogical. Thanos has shown various outputs of power from the Power Stone, thus it's an assumption he used it's full power on Ironman. MCU earth has not shown the capability to match 5-A power outputs. Period.
  • 5-A/Possibly 5-A Wanda is false, baseless, and idiotic if you actually watch the movie. (POWER Stone =\= Mind Stone in any way, Wanda has no feats of Overpowering or being comparable to the Gauntlet in any way).

Matthew Schroeder said:
Ragnarok takes place in July, Infinity War is in May the following year. Thor had nearly a year to roam around in space to improve his powers.
But the first scene of Infinity War is exactly the last scene of Ragnarok. It is a sequel, you see.

Sir Ovens said:
>complains about headcanon
>Literally says this: And I doubt Earth has any Material Ironman can use to tank such an output of power.
Yeah, because over 19 films, nothing of the sort has been shown. Even from Wakanda. On top of that, Thanos has has shown vasious outputs of power from the Power Stone.

Nothing indicates Thanos using the full power against Tony. If you're gonna argue this, then be prepared to accept Star Lord, Drax and Nedula at 5-A. Just toss logic out the window.

The Everlasting said:
Yeah but that's the post-credits scene. It's already considerably after the main movie.
How do you know it's "Considerably" after the main movie? If aI were to say the post credits were like hours after the main movie, could you disprove it?

Well I do agree that every blast Thanos throws is not at full power. People like Gaurdians, Bucky, Falcon, Nat, Cap, Tchalla and almost all heroes have faced his blasts either on Titan or on Earth and survived. His main goal was never to target the heroes and kill them.

But saying that every blast Thanos fires, is him holding back massively is also just as fallacious.

This is DBS kind of thing where it should be evaluated case by case. Not everyone scales but some definitely do.

AKM sama said:
Well I do agree that every blast Thanos throws is not at full power. People like Gaurdians, Bucky, Falcon, Nat, Cap, Tchalla and almost all heroes have faced his blasts either on Titan or on Earth and survived. His main goal was never to target the heroes and kill them.
But saying that every blast Thanos fires, is him holding back massively is also just as fallacious.

This is DBS kind of thing where it should be evaluated case by case. Not everyone scales but some definitely do.
Thank you!

At the very least we need to evaluate IM tanking the blast and see if anything backs up that being the case. We cannot just take it at face value.

The shield he created would be 5-A. Everything he threw at Thanos only made him bleed a little and Thanos is definitely below 5-A physically.

Natse said:
The shield he created would be 5-A. Everything he threw at Thanos only made him bleed a little and Thanos is definitely below 5-A physically.
Ok, Natse, can I ask you a simple question?

What Makes Thanos' blast 5-A?

Natse said:
If Thanos' body is below 5A, then how did he tank a lightning bolt from stormbreaker?

I don't even remember that. All I remember is Thor throwing the axe and the axe itself tanking a blast from the full Infinity Gauntlet.

Heatforce said:
If Thanos' body is below 5A, then how did he tank a lightning bolt from stormbreaker?
When Thanos completed the Gauntlet, you can see energy surging through him. It must have amplified his durability

So what's MCU Thanos' tier for erasing half life of the universe. Some says it's multi-galaxy and other days universal, which one is it?

I'm in Indian. Infinity War is breaking records here. The movie had a Ôé╣31.20 crore opening here, the highest for any Hollywood movie in India and the biggest box office opening in 2018 in India. The movie crossed Ôé╣100 crore in just 4 days. Russo Brothers said they might take the Avengers crew to India next year to promote Avengers 4.

Natse said:
I don't even remember that. All I remember is Thor throwing the axe and the axe itself tanking a blast from the full Infinity Gauntlet.
Code:
Check it out: https://youtu.be/ZMcFs_MJa2I
@Revan Laha, the issue I have with your suggestion is that stormbreaker > IG so even if Thanos' durability was amped it couldnt have been greater than his AP. In other words Thor's lightning should have caused far more damage but as you can see in the clip he tanks the bolt then immediately retaliates.

Revan, don't post huge-ass pics please. Make it a more reasonable size. Seriously, those Thanos pics (especially the first one which was painfully unnecessary and cringey af) are around 27cm on my laptop screen.

@Matt and @Ever:
I highly doubt Heimdal would wait a retardedly long time before he finally officially acknowledges Thor as king of Asgard. Not to mention, Thor only really got an eyepatch and not much other progress has happened beyond that. I feel it's more a few hours to a day at most of rest before Thor finally dons an eyepatch and the credits scene happens.

@FinalOrder: Don't quote said huge-ass pics please.

It also broke pre booking records here. 50k tickets were advanced booked. We Indians usually don't pre book movie tickets

Not even for the biggest Bollywood movies? Surely there have been records made in the past that would dwarf most Hollywood movies.

Natse said:
Not even for the biggest Bollywood movies? Surely there have been records made in the past that would dwarf most Hollywood movies.
Only Indian movies which got advanced booked are Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (which is not a Bollywood movie, it's Tollywood), and Padmaavat. Infinity War's pre booking sales are just behind Baahubali 2 but well above Padmaavat

Back