• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Avengers: Infinity War Official Revision Thread (Spoilers)

If I am not wrong, when Doctor Strange held the Time Stone in his hand, his fingers started ageing. But when Thanos held it, it had no effect

What are the reasonings for High 6-C Cap?

AKM sama said:
What are the reasonings for High 6-C Cap?
I read this totally absurd thing in the Thanos profile of Marvel Cinematic Universe Wiki that says that Captain America got boosted by the Mind Stone when the Mind Stone sensed his desire to save the universe.

That was never stated in the movie anywhere. So most likely no.

I watched the movie on Friday, i agree with everything Matthew has said in this post (Except Dormammu being above Thanos w/IG, in terms of power). ƒì┐ Waiting for Planetary Thor and others now.

Then prove it, without using headcanon . If a lot of people agree with you... Okay. Provide a lot of evidence that hasn't been rejected. Because it seems like 5-A is coming for quite a few characters.

So, do we have a solid ranking for everyone at the moment?

Matthew Schroeder said:
Heatforce said:
Still disagreeing with anyone being planetary other than Thanos.
You're free to ignore the entire plot of the movie, but it happened.
Could you debunk my comment below then because I seriously don't understand how stormbreaker besting the IG isn't an outlier:

So are we sure stormbreaker tanking a blast from the IG is 5A? I can understand the IG being 5A because of two (or three) stones having 5B-5A feats but that seems like an outlier situation for stormbreaker e.g. wanda made Thanos conjure shields and forced him back, is she 5A? It could have simply been pis on Thanos' part or a severe underestimation of Thor. Also, would Thanos have really risked a 5A attack on a planet since he wants to conserve half of humanity? On another note I don't think we can scale Thanos' durability with the IG AP. I could understand if the IG is always toggled on but it isn't.

The 2nd Existential Seed said:
Then prove it, without using headcanon . If a lot of people agree with you... Okay. Provide a lot of evidence that hasn't been rejected. Because it seems like 5-A is coming for quite a few characters.
Well my point is we've had outliers in the mcu for less. Like Thor tanking and busting Sokovia was considered an outlier until MCU ghost Rider performed a feat.

It's more believable to think that Wanda's feat was outlier than Thor's. Stormbreaker was made in the same forge as the IG, so it wouldn't be out of reach to say that it could take the punishment of all 6 infinity stones. Plus, Dimitri wouldn't make a weapon for Thor that would be useless against the IG. He made the thing in the first place, so he of all people should know what would be able to take on the IG.

the IG itself, yes, but not the stones. Dimitri might not have known how powerful the stones were, as Thanos had either none or one of them (Power)

IF you watch closely towards the end, when Thanos snapped his fingers, the gauntlet was badly damaged. Stormbreaker made it out without a scratch from a concentrated blast from 6 stones. Also, think about it this way:

Dimitri made the gauntlet for Thanos out of fear.

He made Stormbreaker for Thor to kill Thanos.

Which would he put more effort into?

Wanda shouldn't scale to 5-A. Seriously guys. She didn't affect or Overpower the Gauntlet. You cannot use Thanos blocking her blast as proof, because it's not.

Again, that example is no different than Trying to blast someone with a high pressure waterhose while they are holding a Riot Shield.

And the Mind Stone is not equivalent to the Power Stone in Power Output. Wanda should scale to Base Thanos for making him struggle, but not 5-A.

But it's not the gauntlet itself that is powerful, it's the stones. The gauntlet is merely a conduit for the stones, which even got damaged. Surely being a coduit for the stones shouldn't guarantee a 5A rating (e.g. Ronin's hammer). Now i can see an argument for 5C- 5B Thor based on stormbreaker channeling the bifrost but 5A sounds like such an outlier given that scene.

Matthew Schroeder said:
I have the ratings figured out.
Post them. Maybe we'll get more closer to the conclusion of this thread. Right now, it's going knowhere.

@thefinalorder, then if we choose to not scale wanda why scale Thor? Stormbreaker damaged Thanos so why not scale it to base thanos too? Thanos has high durabiliy but he's the perfect example of a glass canon.

Heatforce said:
@thefinalorder, then if we choose to not scale wanda why scale Thor? Stormbreaker damaged Thanos so why not scale it to base thanos too? Thanos has high durabiliy but he's the perfect example of a glass canon.
Because unlike Wanda, Stormbreaker over powered the gauntlet and thanos actually put effort in trying to overpower it.

Indeed, Thanos was being cautious. Witch could be large island. Since that's the scaling from Hulk and Ragnarok Thor.

We have Iron Man's durability feat which is 6-C, Thor's feat which is either High 6-B or 6-A, and Thanos' 5-A feat which is consistent with the Orb's 5-A feat.

So a lot of characters can be scaled out of those three tiers. Remember, the words "Likely" and "Possibly" are your friends.

I will make Thanos' profile first.

I also don't agree with Ironman being 5-A. Thanos was clearly using the Power Stone at different power levels. Unless of course you believe Star Lord, Drax and Nebula have 5-A durability. And I doubt Earth has any Material Ironman can use to tank such an output of power.

Well yes it overpowered the gauntlet that fired a beam of energy. This was a split second action taken by Thanos and he chose poorly; he chose to counter storm breaker w/ random beam of energy instead of turning it into bubbles. Besides if storm breaker is 5A then Thanos should have been killed by the lightning from stormbreaker as his natural durability is not 5A. Remember Thor hits Thanos with a lightning bolt before he can react, then Thor throws hammer and Thanos fires energy beam.

>complains about headcanon

>Literally says this: And I doubt Earth has any Material Ironman can use to tank such an output of power.

Back