• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Vibranium has literally the most inconsistent potrayals onscreen, so it can have whatever properties the plot demands, like literally every metal ever. Metals can have different isomers with different properties, as well as structural strength, so Cap's shield is likely from a different atom arrangement compound than BP's claws.

By your logic, BP should have 7-A dura since he has a vibranium weave suit

Metals can have different isomers with different properties, as well as structural strength, so Cap's shield is likely from a different atom arrangement compound than BP's claws.

Considering the guidebook states outright that the claws damaged the shield because both are made of vibranium I think your arugment is flawed.

It wasn't the Hulk who dented Vibranium but Abomination. On the shield being damaged, the guide states it but the shield isn't damaged in any of the later scenes. Movie trumps guidebook statement.

DragonEmperor23 said:
It was light up, not blow away.
DragonEmperor23 said:
And that's only tier 7
Does that not seem fishy at all?

"Light up" could honestly be used as a figurative language instead of literally "light up" as in provide a light source.

Back in Age of Ultron, there was a tier 7 feat. And afterwards, Thor tanks the force of a star, and Thanos casually shatters the tesseract.

I'm sure that Tier 7 feats were not what would be described as power that would kill them. Even by purely looking at the movie alone and not analyzing it with calcs and heavy scaling, one could see that.

Basically, I think "light up" is just wordplay, not something to be taken literally. It's not like "Light Up" is never used as a phrase for explosive meanings.

It was talking about the energy amount the gauntlet generates when they were discussing who could survive it. That seems to be enough for me.

So because the statement was short and to the point, that means that we have to only use the low end tier 7 luminosity calc?

Not even a warrant for a Possibly Continent Level for the high end?

If with "light up a continent" its referred to power it, then High 6-C.

Also, is is very likely that the shield was upgraded by Stark at some point, he had it for 7 year's, and it was mentioned in HC with the newer HB.

AnonymousBlank said:
It wasn't the Hulk who dented Vibranium but Abomination. On the shield being damaged, the guide states it but the shield isn't damaged in any of the later scenes. Movie trumps guidebook statement.
The shield is damaged in every scene after BP. When Cap drops the shield for Tony you can see that the marks are still there. As for the Abomination thing, it's very likely Hulk. Banner made the retreat and it seems weird to store Abomination there when they have the Alaskian prison base.

The shield is damaged in every scene in Civil War after BP scratches it, yes.

Btw since no one disagrees, imma downgrade Stormbreaker.

The easiest option is that since Stark reforged the shield he made it stronger. So the shield is High 6-B post Spider-Man: Homecoming.

I personally think that Black Panther's suit should scale to Cap's shield unless explicitly mentioned by Tony that it is superior than anything made in Wakanda.

If we scale up vibranium to High 6-B then it leads to massive issues like Thor being knocked out by an attack he should be thousands of times stronger than in AoU.

Possibly so. Can't it just be PIS then and disregarded? Why are we to believe that Howard made a shield that is superior than Black Panther's suit or anything made in Wakanda when said Wakadan's have technology that well exceeds any nation on Earth and have studied it for far longer?

Also, BP gets punched by base Thanos in IW and survives, the punch was so hard that it released stored KE energy when he hit the ground but it did not bust the suit.

Howard, not Tony. The same guy who made a new element even Tony couldn't without a blueprint and also made a working arc reactor as well.

Thanos also hit Captain America in IW but didn't kill him. He was inconsistent power wise and didn't want to kill anyone he didn't have to in that movie.

I think we either just don't scale the shield up and chalk it to inconsistency or have Stark's new shield model be High 6-B.

I couldn't find them for the longest time. Thanks.

Anyway. If we don't upgrade Cap's shield. Fine. Though, it is weird since it can take several hits from Base Thanos and Mjolnir.

I don't see how a shield with 7-A Durability can take any of those 6B hits, and if said shield is upgraded, why BP's suit isn't as well.

As I said, I think the best options are to either ignore it and just chalk it up to rule of cool or only scale it to the second model of the shield after Tony fixed it in Homecoming.

Btw, Tony should Forcefield Creation for Mark 85.

I wonder if we should add all the abilities of the armors in IM 3 to said Mark, seeing that its his ultimate armor of Nano Tech, it wouldn't crazy to say that it could inhered all said abilities

Should full-IG Thanos be upgraded to universal? IIRC he was planning to strip the universe down to the last atom and build it anew.

This wouldn't be inconsistent with Thor's Stormbreaker feat of overpowering the gauntlet because a) Thanos was caught off guard, b) writers Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely suggest that Eitri is responsible because of his "Dwarven magic": He made both items and made it so that Stormbreaker was able to defeat the Infinity Gauntlet.

Not to take away from Thor or anything, he still decapitated Thanos with ease and it was implied it could still kill him since Thanos made sure Thor wouldn't hit him with it - even though Thor was much weaker now.

Could Rona be High 6-B? We see in the brief fight between Captain Marvel and Thanos that even the latter takes some damage from wielding the Power Stone without the Infinity Gauntlet, and in GoTG, Ronan can hold the stone for a considerable amount of time without taking major damage, before attaching it to his hammer. That could scale him to at least the lower High 6-B's, and I don't see much contradiction since he is only defeated when the Power Stone is used against him and he is feared as one of the most dangerous beings in the galaxy. High 7-C, possibly High 6-B Ronan?

There is no contradiction for Ronan to be said tier, except for his base being comparable to Thanos.

It makes in-verse sense since he is described as the strongest of Krees, so he should be comparable to Awakened Danvers IMO.

It also makes sense as he was unharmed by the spaceship crash and Hadron Enforcer, which should be solidly in Tier 6 for its capability to destroy a ravager ship.

Back