• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanos really wasn't a different character. His god complex just shined through this time around. He wanted to do what was best for the universe, and he then believed he needed to rule over his own universe for it to be sustainable and prosperous.

What Assalt said. EG Thanos acts different from IW Thanos because IW Thanos thought that his plan working would have made the universe a better place. EG Thanos is pissed off because even after everything he's gone through to succeed, there are still people trying to ruin it. So now, he's bloodlusted and wants to kill everyone to make sure there's no one left to try and erase his actions.

Eh, I disagree with Assalt. In all of IW what we can affirm is his god complex only comes down to Loki saying "you will never be a god". EG Thanos

• Was going to enjoy massacring the planet after taking everything personal.
  • Didn't care to destroy the universe and remake it, a plan that makes no sense.
He did everthing due to his ego, whereas IW Thanos

• Had a motivation that he believed on, and explored upon in his movie
  • A plan that makes sense and had little to no repercussions of its positives results during EG, which is stuff Thanos saw on other planets.
  • Respected his opponents, and wanted to make a painless death to everyone in the universe.
Just my personal opinion. Summarized on EG Thanos did everthing due to his ego and IW Thanos had a cause he believed on.

If you think IW Thanos's plan made any sense, then you clearly know nothing about how sociology actually works. Killing have of everybody wouldn't make them stop using as many resources, if anything, it'd just make them use more resources as everyone rushed to get their numbers back up in response to the sudden massive hit to the population.

EG Thanos didn't respect his opponents because he didn't know who they were. He just knew them as those annoying little Avengers who beat Loki. He hadn't built up any respect for them yet.

It was personal because he felt the Avengers made it personal. They spat in the face of his utopia and tried to undo his hard work.

Next to destroy the universe and remake it, Thanos' plan, which worked on Gamora's planet, did make some. Obviously it's nonsense, but he at least he saw results and was doing it for the universe.

I think it works for Thanks motivations cause while it doesn't logically make sense he is the mad Titan and due to his tragic past caused him to belief his warped twisted view of realty is correct Gamora even said he doesn't know this will work for certain iirc.

He also saw it didn't work in the end, so he adjusted his plan to counter that in his own crazy way. This is the guy who thinks killing half of all life, everywhere, will somehow solve a resource shortage, him taking the next step up never seemed out of character to me.

To me it was like his final goal is the same just this time he's adding an extra step so no one can undo it.

Considering that IW hammer the point that even with all his flaws Thanos did loved Gamora, I think it was her betraying him what makes him change for the egocentrical version from 2014 to the more calmed, and more respectful version of IW. It kinda humble him a bit.

So... the radiation that blasted out to space upon snapping. Earth became ground zero for 3 snaps, and then Thanos' forces across the universe suddenly started dying.

Aliens are gonna have a fit when they get intel that a backwaters planet suddenly became so massively powerful, that the idea that Earth is actually just a sleeping giant that wants to be left alone is drilled into their minds. I think, idk.

EDIT

Oh, and Noobmaster69 is in the MCU wiki.

• The real-life Fortnite player under the alias of Noobmaster69 has never won a single match of Battle Royale.

Some Q&A with the Russo's in China.Paraphrased to be short as can be.

Why didn't Strange portal cut Thanos' hand off?

His skin is almost impenetrable. We don't know if Strange can cut it. If it can't be done in time, Thanos can still use the glove.

Is Thor's gut CGI or actor effort?

It's CGI.

Is Old Man Cap CGI or make up?

95% CGI, 5% make up. The voice is entirely Evans.

You have to sacrifice a loved one for the Soul stone. Can the stone be returned for the loved one?

It's irreversible.

Cap and Red Skull met when returning the Soul stone. What happened?

The latter will take the stone back and prepare for the next time someone wants it. No conflict though because Skull is but a ghost now, one that protects the stone. Past grudges no longer exist.

Regarding Old Man Cap.

The timeline of his life and the timeline of the film are different. He needed to cross to give the shield to Sam.

Why did Iron Man have to do the snap?

He was the closest.

Yall must have seen a different movie than me, cause I don't see how Captain Marvel was being unlikable. She was only there for 15 minutes, the majority of the time she was fighting. The other time, everyone else is just as on edge as she, and just as in a bad mood as she is, Half the universe died, thanos is missing, everyone is pissed.

I'll give you that. It is an arrogant statement. Althought that in way doesn't make her unlikable in my book.

I feel like it points to the bigger theme of the movie (especially way more so with tony's rant). THey were able to defeat thanos with everyone together. They were divided and they fell. They were together and they won.

Well, yeah. Also, they're kinda pushing her too hard with too little development.

Iron Man has been developing armor since A1 for this battle.

Thor went through all the losses to amass power for this battle.

Cap had to have the power of Thor via Mjolnir because he was otherwise insignificant, but he still pushed on.

Captain Marvel got power from an engine and suddenly she's the strongest. That's a big problem I see as well. At least Wanda had hints of her power being tied to her mentality.

Gemmysaur said:
She came across as arrogant, imo.
Something something you lost because you didn't have me.
She suggested they kill Thanos to which they said they tried where she mentions they didn't have her

Captain America getting amped by mjolnir which is channeled by weak thor and rivaling Thanks physically is impressive, since this thor is no where near he was physically in IW. That's why they had to nerf thor for this exact reason of the final battle.

They're pushing her hard because it's marketing. Captain Marvel made a billion for her debut film. She's going to be the face of Phase 4. It's just business. The Russos weren't even planning on Black Panther to be a major player but C.R.E.A.M. and now they're imporant face for marketing.

In the comic books, Wandas powers have always been tied to the mentality, so it makes sense to see it here in the movies. As for Captain Marvel, she wouldn't be Carol if she didn't have the powers she's been shown to have in the film.

Did I think her getting all that juice from the tesserct was a bit far fetched? Yes. but i can't fault them. They've been milking those damn stones since day one.

And you have to remember, Captain Marvel was supposed to be here sooner, they pushed her back like three years, so she didn't get enough time to have as rich of story as thor (who has had 3 movies plus the 4 avengers films) and she needed to be in that fight with Thanos cause she's gonna be the face of Phase 4. So yes they gave her a level up.

She has feats. She casually blew up Thanos's space ship. Which to a regular audience who doesn't meticulously look at fiction and gauge strength through makeshift calcs, is pretty freaking badass. To us, not as much.

Thor is large country level for making a storm. To a casual viewer, blowing up space ship is a bigger show of strength than making a storm. It's all about aesthetics.

I dunno. I kind of feel like they just threw her in there. I honestly believe it would have been better if they saved her appearance for the next phase of the story so that they would have more time (movies) to build up her character. As opposed to what they did which was give her a single movie a month before the finale and then just toss her in there. If they already pushed her back for so long, might as well not force her in there (like what I think they did) but instead properly introduce her to the series next time (after End Game). In the end, it's just my opinion. To be honest, I also really wanted to like her character and I ignored "Brie Larson" to focus solely on "Captain Marvel", but even then, I couldn't find myself liking her character all that much. (Low-key glad she didn't get as much screen-time in the movie.)

@Iamunanimousinthat + @jvando: Brie Larson is not defaming Captain Marvel. Captain Marvel is defaming Brie Larson - despite making Brie a super juicy cash cow (speaking of publicity and box office share).

Speaking of aesthetics, Kool-Aid Man (Marvel Comics) can casually break walls of a spaceship. He also has a shuttle and a time machine, both of which is proven useful for the Avengers' ultimate victory in Endgame. Guess which tier he is in now. (I mean, his defeat against Cure Heart being not a stomp is pretty impressive indeed.)

If there's anything positive to say about MCU Captain Marvel, she's a hell of a better character than Comics Captain Marvel.

MCU CM is a boring character, MC CM is a borderline villain wearing the shoes of a superhero. See the second run of Civil War in the comics; she tries to implement what is basically a fascist regime and is posed as some kind of reasonable character.

Then again the same can be said of most current comics characters.

Honestly I would've preferred if Wasp was the female character they were trying to force in everywhere, rather than Captain Marvel.

She has the exact same powers and more, actually has canonical connections and relationship rather than a blank slate for the characters to work off of and she has actually has personality rather than "GRRRL POWAH". And I'd argue she's actually a better role model to kids for actually being employed and successful rather than playing "galaxy cop".

Idk, Captain Marvel felt so tacked onto the movie it was actually getting frusturating for me.

Also, it would actually be comic accurate for Wasp to be in an Avengers film, seeing as she was one of the founding members originally.

Villains can be good characters though, unless you mean that she's not intended to be viewed that way and the writers just majorly ****** up lol

I think she was meant to be the villain in Civil War (IMO the main instigator of Carol hate), because they potray Iron Man far more heroically in the run.

The problem is, some writers were apparently blind enough to think that is literally how the character acts and run with it, making her super unlikeable.

I think this was the problem with Iron Man too a while back, because after Civil War, he had a few runs where he was an absolute dick in them.

Honestly, at this point except for a few writers, I don't think literally anyone at Marvel reads the comics. They just go to Wikipedia, read up a few key issues, and start printing their own fanfiction-ey schlock, so every character is at the mercy of whichever guy was writing them before.

Well Iron Man being a bit of a dick is a regular thing. He isn't like a perfect guy, he has his own personal problems, alcoholism, etc, and he's also done some other sketchy stuff like his actions with the Illuminati.

I don't know what you're referring to, so was it really ooc levels of stuff or something?

Zark2099 said:
Honestly, at this point except for a few writers, I don't think literally anyone at Marvel reads the comics. They just go to Wikipedia, read up a few key issues, and start printing their own fanfiction-ey schlock, so every character is at the mercy of whichever guy was writing them before.
Grant Morrison was right

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back