• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No there isn't anything like that. You can also watch the youtube clip of their fight to be sure. It isn't available in good quality but it's enough to see clearly that there is no stone glowing in the IG, no energy transfer, just her own aura.

AKM sama said:
@Warren The momentum never shifted. Carol always had the upper hand from the start. And Wanda's eyes were glowing the same from the start too. I also didn't like how they didn't mention Vision even once.
Are you absolutely sure?

Cause that's what both my sister and I felt after the movie when discussing it, And we both thought that Marvel tanking Thanos's headbutt was werid because of it. I just think it would be weird for more than one person who saw the movie to feel like that was happening if it actually wasn't.

And yes her eyes were glowing the entire time, but I remember they glowed more intensely as her visage contorted into a deeper level of rage, and then she overpowered Thanos trying to stab her.

@AKM I found it on twitter someone had this image along with an image of Tony's daughter Morgan he wasn't entirely sure if it's legit but he loved it enough to keep it.

Yeah, a week ago I also saw something like the total movie runtime totalling up to 3000 minutes depending on how long Far From Home is going to be. But I never confirmed if the runtimes did total up to that number.

AKM sama said:
Warren Valion said:
Are you absolutely sure?
Ye. You can also watch the youtube clip to confirm.
So I did watch the clip.

And I have to disagree with you mate. She jumped at Thanos when he wasn't paying attention, then got a punch and two blasts that do basically nothing.

But when she goes in for another punch, Thanos is ready and moves his body out of the way and grabs her hand, bringing her to a stop - then he throws her. I don't think he was using her momentum against her, he looked to be using his own strength to throw her to the ground.

The only moment where she dominated him was after she grabbed the gauntlet, pushed his body to the ground and tanked his headbutt.

And Thanos was portrayed as being even with her...never. He was unable to hit her. When he did, she effortlessly blocked it and her hits did more to him than his did to her. When a boxer fights another boxer, blocks his punches and punches him enough to constantly push him back, that's called dominating.

And him flinging her away is basically his lifting strength at play. Carol is light and he could've tossed her yards away if he wanted to but that amounts to literally nothing. Then she comes at him with even more ferocity, no sells his headbutt, brings him down to his knees, forces him to make the same face which he made against Wanda all while maintaing a calm composure. Until Thanos is forced into a corner and uses the power stone.

Basically it was Thanos who was struggling all the while in that fight while Carol never struggled.

It climbed to top 5 so soon lmao.

Soon it will surpass IW, TFA and Titanic. It will be interesting to see if it surpasses Avatar though. I hope it does. Avatar is overrated af.

AKM sama said:
And Thanos was portrayed as being even with her...never. He was unable to hit her. When he did, she effortlessly blocked it and her hits did more to him than his did to her. When a boxer fights another boxer, blocks his punches and punches him enough to constantly push him back, that's called dominating.
And him flinging her away is basically his lifting strength at play. Carol is light and he could've tossed her yards away if he wanted to but that amounts to literally nothing. Then she comes at him with even more ferocity, no sells his headbutt, brings him down to his knees, forces him to make the same face which he made against Wanda all while maintaing a calm composure. Until Thanos is forced into a corner and uses the power stone.
Thanos is portrayed as being even with her because he isn't severely phased by her sneak attack or her energy blasts and has the strength to stop her movement and throw her on the ground which stuns her for the minute it took for Thanos to grab the gauntlet, deal with the effects of putting on the gauntlet, and going in for the snap.

He was unable to hit her because because she flew out of his range when he went in to punch her and since she is smaller and faster than Thanos is, she was able to do it - not necessarily because she is so much stronger than he is.

And she never blocked any of his attacks, she either dodged them by flying out of Thanos's range in there short fight or she tanked them when at the gauntlet.

And her moving out of the way when he went in to punch her suggest that she doesn't want to get hit by them... which she then does a few moments later without flinching.

Again, she seems inconsistent.

In one instance, she is on a more even playing field with Thanos - with her being faster, while Thanos is more durable and physically stronger. And in the next, she dominates him completely, tanking an attack from the same guy who she was actively putting an effort to dodge a few seconds earlier.

No. He didn't stop her movements, just got out of the way of her punch and grabbed it to throw her away, which again, is lifting strength at best. She wasn't stunned either, just took a sec to come back with even more power. Nobody gets stunned by getting thrown away a few feets.

Yes, she clearly blocked his punch very easily and punched him instead at the start of the fight. Obviously she dodged most of them.

Nobody wants to get punched lol. Why block it when you can dodge it. Doesn't mean she can't take it because she did.

She isn't inconsistent at all. She is probably one of the most consistent out of all of them in their respective showings against Thanos. Carol > Thanos.

why is far from home a part of phase 3? phase 3 should end with endgame.....mcu should end with endgame......that is why it is endagem

AKM sama said:
It climbed to top 5 so soon lmao.
Soon it will surpass IW, TFA and Titanic. It will be interesting to see if it surpasses Avatar though. I hope it does. Avatar is overrated af.
avatar is not overated......it is very good.....more than endgame

endgame is a franchise film that is why it did so well alfter so many films and years.....avatar was a stand lone film and still did best

but dont you agree this was the best time to end.....going out on high?? if it never ends it will lose popularity just like comics and quality also

Js250476 said:
I think people only praised it for the special effects.
This. I don't think it had any right to make that kind of money.

Yeh, Avatar is very overrated. The only really good thing this movie had was special effects and worldbuilding. The plot was very basic and generic and the characters one-dimensional.

Yeah^^^

And what TWW said about Star Wars. Basically nostalgia. I liked it, but not very much. I am still surprised how it made a tad more than Infinity War though.

AKM sama said:
No. He didn't stop her movements, just got out of the way of her punch and grabbed it to throw her away, which again, is lifting strength at best. She wasn't stunned either, just took a sec to come back with even more power. Nobody gets stunned by getting thrown away a few feets.
Yes, she clearly blocked his punch very easily and punched him instead at the start of the fight. Obviously she dodged most of them.

Nobody wants to get punched lol. Why block it when you can dodge it. Doesn't mean she can't take it because she did.

She isn't inconsistent at all. She is probably one of the most consistent out of all of them in their respective showings against Thanos. Carol > Thanos.
Are we watching the same fight?

Yes, he does stop her movement, yes, she was shortly stunned, and no, she never blocked any of his attacks. What are you talking about?

I'll describe the fight in detail:

She comes into the fight when Thanos has his attention on the gauntlet, she hits him behind the knee, bringing him to the ground. She punches him in the face, and Thanos immediately goes in for his own two punches, she barely dogdes them and retaliates with two energy blasts to the face, she then lands and goes in for another punch, Thanos sees her attack coming and twists his body out of the way while simultaneously grabbing her hand, slowing her movement to a stop. Then you see Thanos move his hand back before the camera changes perspecptive to show Thanos beginning to twist his body to build momentum, he then throws her after he built up said momentum with his twist. She then hits the ground like a stone hits a lake and bounces away.

If she wasn't stunned, then Thanos wouldn't have been able to put the gauntlet on, deal with the effects of the power of the stones flowing into him, and then go in for a snap if she was completely unaffected. She should have hit the ground and jumped back immediately, not even letting Thanos have the time to put on the gauntlet. But she took a few seconds. Implying she was at least somewhat stunned by his showcase of strength.

Nobody wants to get punched because getting punched hurts, even toddlers can substantially injure an adult depending on where they hit. Captain Marvel is shown to tank Thanos's attacks without trying to dodge at all when she is grabbing the gauntlet, why would she try to move out of the way a few seconds eariler when he went in to punch her?

Also, Thanos being unphased by her punches and energy blasts and immediablety being able to counter-attack her also insinuates that they were on a somewhat even playing field.

So yeah, she is inconsistent, and it's especially weird considering she only fights Thanos for like two six second intervals.

Because of Star War's gigantic cultural presence and Disney's massive advertising campaign.

people dont like captain marvel and downplay her a lot.....are people really saying she is weaker than thanos?? she is not inconsistent......she had the upper hand from start to finish and anyone saying otherwse is denial

@Warren Clearly we are watching different fights and I don't have time to address walls of text right now. But I'll surely address everything and put an end to all doubts about Carol once and for all, later.

HrishikeshM said:
people dont like captain marvel and downplay her a lot.....are people really saying she is weaker than thanos?? she is not inconsistent......she had the upper hand from start to finish and anyone saying otherwse is denial
When did I ever say that she was weaker than Thanos. I said in their fight they seemed about even with the momentum of the fight shifting from Marvel's side to Thanos's.

And that when she started to grab the gauntlet, she got a major boost in strength as was able to stomp him.

And I literally described the entire fight scene and linked a video to what I was describing.

How am I the one in denial?

I'm pretty sure that Captain Marvel being overall MFTL+ would create massive scaling inconsistencies since it would scale to more than her.

Read this post said:
I just remembered something. Captain marvel flew at mftl+ speeds to reach iron man. How comes this is only travel speed? Other characters like dragon ball characters get reaction speeds from this. And our own standards say flight speed like this does equate to reactions
I am pretty sure her reactions would be MFTL+ as well.

She doesn't however have MFTL+ combat speed.

Just because one can move fast doesn't necessarily mean you fight as fast as you can move.

Oh. So would it not scale to other characters if not considered as an outlier? Because im pretty sure stuff like this scales to other characters in many other verses.

AKM sama said:
@Warren Clearly we are watching different fights and I don't have time to address walls of text right now. But I'll surely address everything and put an end to all doubts about Carol once and for all, later.
Why don't we get the others on the thread to see who they agree with?

Since, apparently, we view reality differently. And neither of us will likely never concede with the other on how this fight went down.

Warren Valion said:
HrishikeshM said:
When did I ever say that she was weaker than Thanos. I said in their fight they seemed about even with the momentum of the fight shifting from Marvel's side to Thanos's.

And that when she started to grab the gauntlet, she got a major boost in strength as was able to stomp him.

And I literally described the entire fight scene and linked a video to what I was describing.

How am I the one in denial?
you try to present the fight differently by misinterpreting it.....you ignore all of cap marvell strength and only focus on thanos......it looks like you dont like cap marvel being so strong

thanos could not do anything to her and she did everything to him.....which prove she is stronger

Warren Valion said:
Why don't we get the others on the thread to see who they agree with?

Since, apparently, we view reality differently. And neither of us will likely never concede with the other on how this fight went down.
Eh, you seem to be sure that you'll never agree with my points without even seeing them first lol

Obviously others can also voice their opinions but some things are objective rather than being subjective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back