• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Asta (Post-Timeskip) Vs Demon King (Nanatsu No Taizai) - 4th Strongest High 6-C (Non-Smurfs) - "Grace"

Status
Not open for further replies.
The toxic storm kills all living things,
When did that kill anybody significant?
curse manipulation, soul steal and the ten commandments.
Which he never did in character
As long as he hates something he would get affected, its not about showing the hatred it is just about having hate in your heart. That is all.
And Asta doesn't. Actually, it's the same person who fell bad about vetto dying despite him permanently damaging some of his friends.

If you’re referring to the poison, then he’ll just neg it.
No, he will not it's natural and there is no magic involved. Even so anti-magic does not work on ambiguous magic like smoke since it will go back into place. I am pretty sure he will inhale it and die anyway. Also, the toxic storm covered all of Camelot so there is no dodging it.

Alo this is the demon king he is evil and ruthless and will win no matter the cost. Also, demon king can someone a red or grey demon and if asta kills it he will die from pacifism.

Like I said, it was after the spell finished - it was just poison. So, it gets negated.
No, it was poison magic stop doing that. Stop using head canon not all poison is magic. Also asta doesn't have healing he only removed the spell and it's not the same as a toxic storm that uses poison to kill all living things.

No, it was poison magic stop doing that. Stop using head canon not all poison is magic. Also asta doesn't have healing he only removed the spell and it's not the same as a toxic storm that uses poison to kill all living things.
The spell, verbatim on the scan, is stated to be finished. That means it’s not magic, stop being willingly ignorant. I never claimed Asta had healing, either, so stop putting words in my mouth. If it uses poison, Asta negates it.

The spell, verbatim on the scan, is stated to be finished. That means it’s not magic, stop being willingly ignorant. I never claimed Asta had healing, either, so stop putting words in my mouth. If it uses poison, Asta negates it.
That was a slow working poison and asta will be dead before he even pulls out the sword. Also the op should please refrain from black clover vs NNT matches or asta vs any NNT character in general

This was for the purpose of another thread. im pretty sure it was you who loved doing these types of matches.

Do you have a scan stating its different or natural compared to the normal magic of nnt? and is the poison instant death?

What's the starting distance? Is it nighttime? What stops the DK from doing this and this and this and this?
This was for the purpose of another thread. im pretty sure it was you who loved doing these types of matches.

Do you have a scan stating its different or natural compared to the normal magic of nnt? and is the poison instant death?
I did this thread was doomed from the start anyway.

Given Asta was able to exercise corrupt souls within his comrades with Demon-Destroyer, I can’t see why he can’t do the same with this guy.
Demon King has layered Soul Manipulation resistances i believe given he couldn't/shouldn't be able to be Soul Manip'd by Melascula given his hierarchy as the strongest Demon while she can Soul Manip Escanor who's resistant towards Soul Manipulation from lesser demons like Red and Grey.

So unless that Soul Manipulation isn't also layered that shouldn't work.

forgot that the black divider is restricted so asta's wincons is his advantages at versatility, skill, RPL, and accel development
1: Asta doesn't have a "versatility" advantage above Demon King, he has a couple of hax's with the main-one being Anti-Magic. Also how would him being more versatile grant him a inherent higher-chance of winning? he can be versatile as much as he likes if he can't beat DK with that said versatility then it's next to useless.

2. Sure he more skilled then DK but DK is also the size of an Small Country while in this state so i doubt skill would help Asta in anyway in this fight.

3. How strong are his RPL and Accel Development? because if it doesn't given him an increase to the point of one-shotting DK then i doubt it would be that useful to the point of it being a win-con.

Actually, I’m pretty sure this has already passed Grace, so it can be added.
Grace hasn't passed since Asta doesn't even have a win-con yet. the BC side has only established that Anti-Magic would null DK's Magic and that's pretty much it, that isn't a win-con in any-sense of the word but rather a set-up towards an actual win-con.

Last edited:
Demon King has layered Soul Manipulation resistances i believe given he couldn't/shouldn't be able to Soul Manipulation by Methus given his hierarchy as the strongest Demon while she can Soul Manip Escanor who's resistant towards Soul Manipulation from lesser demons like Red and Grey.

So unless that Soul Manipulation isn't also layered that shouldn't work.

1: Asta doesn't have a "versatility" advantage above Demon King, he has a couple of hax's with the main-one being Anti-Magic. Also how would him being more versatile grant him a inherent higher-chance of winning? he can be versatile as much as he likes if he can't beat DK with that said versatility then it's next to useless.

2. Sure he more skilled then DK but DK is also the size of an Small Country while in this state so i doubt skill would help Asta in anyway in this fight.

3. How strong are his RPL and Accel Development? because if it doesn't given him an increase to the point of one-shotting DK then i doubt it would be that useful to the point of it being a win-con.

Grace hasn't passed since Asta doesn't even have a win-con yet. the BC side has only established that Anti-Magic would null DK's Magic and that's pretty much it, that isn't a win-con in any-sense of the word but rather a set-up towards an actual win-con.
Here are the demon kings wincon soul manipulation, the natural toxic storm which he creates, the commandments, outlasting asta, using natural lighting, corrosion inducement, mind manipulation and corruption, high ranking demon physiology(absolute order) poison manipulation, summoning and etc

Demon King has layered Soul Manipulation resistances i believe given he couldn't/shouldn't be able to be Soul Manip'd by Melascula given his hierarchy as the strongest Demon while she can Soul Manip Escanor who's resistant towards Soul Manipulation from lesser demons like Red and Grey.
Several things:

•DK doesn't have Soul Manip resistance in his profile
•The souls of an entire tribe were merged into one and Asta was able to purify it. So there's that
•What Asta does isn't soul manip to begin with. It's purification, which DK doesn't resist

That versatility makes him win though, not even that, Asta is pretty much better at everything: skill (by a lot), AP (by a lot), Speed (after transforming into black Asta) and mobility

The only thing I can give DK is hax, but most of those are either out of character, or get nullified by Asta
DK is actually not the whole country. Actually wether he is the whole thing or not doesn't matter, as you don't need to destroy the entire country to defeat him.
RPL allowed him to deflect attacks from Vetto, who could pretty much one shot Asta despite holding back.

Asta already has over 3 times his AP in base, increasing his stats with his transformation makes the gap even larger. If you add RPL on top of that...
Now, that's straight up ignoring our votes..

Everyone relevant in the verse has soul resistance, from goddesses to demons. Archangels target the soul along with the body with their attacks, Zeldris straight up tanked an off guard attack from Ludociel and didn't die, there are also so many other instances of soul resistance like Meliodas resisting Mera's soul steal. Hell purgatory's air alone targets the soul and the Demon King has been living comfortably for billions of years there.

And no "purification" and not "extraction" of the soul also wouldn't work. Purge quite literally purges (purifies) the soul and it was resisted by a turd demon like Fraudrin.

Also commandments aren't regular magic, Merlin couldn't cancel the petrification curse placed on her by Galan I don't see how Asta would do it and just because Demon King hasn't shown to actually use the commandments' passive abilities doesn't mean he can't lmfao that's a dumb take. DK literally created those powers and were a part of him. Blame the author's incompetence for stuff like this.

Anyway Love isn't even the most terrifying commandment, it's Gowther's selflessness which states anyone who has desire loses their memories and feelings of who they are and oh boy does Asta have desire.

I don't know how your rules here work, If Asta has superior Speed and AP then he wins. If the difference in Speed and AP is not enough to beat the DK then the DK wins for having superior hax and resistances.

Asta also can't destroy the Commandments so Jobber King can keep possessing land by the way. Unless Asta can 1 shot the entire country/wherever they're fighting.

Everyone relevant in the verse has soul resistance, from goddesses to demons. Archangels target the soul along with the body with their attacks, Zeldris straight up tanked an off guard attack from Ludociel and didn't die, there are also so many other instances of soul resistance like Meliodas resisting Mera's soul steal. Hell purgatory's air alone targets the soul and the Demon King has been living comfortably for billions of years there.

And no "purification" and not "extraction" of the soul also wouldn't work. Purge quite literally purges (purifies) the soul and it was resisted by a turd demon like Fraudrin.

Also commandments aren't regular magic, Merlin couldn't cancel the petrification curse placed on her by Galan I don't see how Asta would do it and just because Demon King hasn't shown to actually use the commandments' passive abilities doesn't mean he can't lmfao that's a dumb take. Blame the author's incompetence for stuff like this.

Anyway Love isn't even the most terrifying commandment, it's Gowther's selflessness which states anyone who has desire loses their memories and feelings of who they are and oh boy does Asta have desire.

I don't know how your rules here work, If Asta has superior Speed and AP then he wins. If the difference in Speed and AP is not enough to beat the DK then the DK wins for having superior hax and resistances.
Copy and paste this in the thread

It's desire in general, doesn't have to be directed at people. Which is why the commandment was so terrifying and the Demon King created another dimension just to seal Gowther in.

Irrelevant, Asta doesn't soul manip.
You know purge isn't on the level of Asta's purification, which can purification thousands of people at once
Also commandments aren't regular magic, Merlin couldn't cancel the petrification curse placed on her by Galan I don't see how Asta would do it and just because Demon King hasn't shown to actually use the commandments' passive abilities doesn't mean he can't lmfao that's a dumb take. DK literally created those powers and were a part of him. Blame the author's incompetence for stuff like this.
The point is that it's not in character for him to do that. Not my fault if the author made sure he doesn't use curses even if he's about to lose.
Asta resists Mind Manip
Base Asta is more than 3 times Dk's AP and has stuff such as stats amp, AD and RPL to increase that gap.
The transformation makes him about 4 times faster and far stronger but to an unknown extent
Asta also can't destroy the Commandments so Jobber King can keep possessing land by the way. Unless Asta can 1 shot the entire country/wherever they're fighting.
Unless he can do it in less than a hour, he loses (And Merlin implied that he could revive but it would take years, so definitely not in a hour). And why wouldn't he be able to destroy them in the first place? Mel could do that and he's far weaker than even Base Asta

Last edited:
Can purify thousands of regular people at once? If so then highly irrelevant.

Commandments not being his go-to abilities doesn't mean he doesn't have them, you guys are claiming they're not a part of his powers.

How does Asta resist mind manipulation exactly? And it's not just mind manipulation, you lose memories and feelings of who you are and you also pass out once afflicted by the commandment.

DK was hit by a large country was it? Or perhaps multi continental attack in the end (i forgot the total yield), which was the reason he couldn't recover immediately (Much of it was absorbed but the attack initially hit the Demon King). And Meliodas was only able to destroy the commandments due to his own Demon King powers, it has nothing to do with stats.

Can purify thousands of regular people at once? If so then highly irrelevant.
not regular people magic knights and some magic knights who are royal and have high magic power
How does Asta resist mind manipulation exactly? And it's not just mind manipulation, you lose memories and feelings of who you are and you also pass out once afflicted by the commandment.
That's still just mind manipulation nothing really more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back