• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I don't know about the hand but Arthur will likely lose his dad in the next one, the next one should be more personal with Manta's revenge,the story has great potential but Wan needs a better writer

here's the information on Karathen size.

https://www.artofvfx.com/aquaman-je...-animation-supervisor-industrial-light-magic/

So "Two mile long"

"Iris as big as Aquaman"

"length equals to multiple aircraft carriers"

If the size proportion of her iris and height is the same as human she would be roughly 300 meters tall, not exactly consistant with her being 2 mile long (I don't think her tail/ tentacles are 10 times her height) then again, her iris could be relatively very small.

Wow, holy shit, I didn't think it'd be more than a few hundred meters, not over 3.2km, might be the biggest live-action Kaiju ever. I'm guessing this makes the whole 'going from the Earth's core to the seafloor' thing even more crazy.

And I think she has multiple sets of eyes, might compensate for their small size.

It's not that bad. More a little above average. Maybe on par with Iron Man 3 or the first Thor movie.

It's basically like most MCU movies, minus the dumb jokes while innocent people are dying thing, reviewers have some weird hate-boner for DCEU flicks though.

Never forget that only 74 people were injured from alien invasion in ''Avengers''

Yeah, 3 million ton flying monsters getting punched/lasered/blown into buildings in NYC only had 74 casualties, right.

Unrelated, but if dc tv Did final crisis, and involved lucifer, would that buff the spear of the destiny? Or anything else?

Some of the rotten reviews for Aquaman are hilarious to read, it's in no way perfect but it's a great ebtertaining movie

I expected Aquaman to make good money, but not this much more than Wonder Woman.

Wait, has anyone agreed that it's possible Aquaman is 6-A?

After all, controlling the Oceans I believe is rated at least 6-A if not High 6-A

Orm launched a "warning" attack against all the coastlines in the world affecting the whole world. But Atlantis is only in the Atlantic Ocean.

It was Orm because Mera stated so calling it a "Warning before the invasion." Also, before this scene not all the Kingdoms were in agreement with Atlantis on invading the surface world.

Hellbeast1 said:
I mean Infinity War had Spidey joking when s man was being tortured
When Dr. Strange was being tortured? That was just awkward talk between him and Tony Stark and Stark wasn't joking around at all.

If its just Orm, that is a Multi-Continental feat. There have been some calcs for similar stuff in the past like Kyogre which hit the exaton range. The fact that it scales to Arthur, Diana and pre rez Supes etc is freaking awesome.

Yes, the movie makes it clear it was just Orm. The other Kingdoms weren't in agreement to launch such a worldwide strike yet because there wasn't an alliance with Atlantis EVEN after the sneak attack by a submarine.

Trident of Atlan > Orm's Fathers Trident > Atlantas Trident.

Plus although Orm is "King of Atlantis" he eventually wants to be called "Ocean Master"

In other versions of this. Orm's abilities are; can control lightning (referred to as the storms) and his Crown which allows him to control massive amounts of water from the seas, to the level of tsunamis, water spouts, cyclones and other powerful tidal effects. The Crown was broken by Aquaman punching Orm yet mysteriously reformed itself as he made his escape during forever evil, indicating it may have self recovering properties.

I don't remember a Crown or his Fathers Trident controlling Lighting. But the Trident of Atlantis can and was forged by Posidon. So it's not far fetched.

Something I find amusing for some reason is how everyone called the earthquake feat in the newspaper an outlier but here we have guys weaker than Supes doing shit like this. Is there any argument that could be used to call this an outlier? Better to preempt that stuff tbh.

I disagree on it being a multi continental feat because we don't see literal entire oceans being moved, just the coasts near land. Plus, I don't take the statement of controlling the oceans absolutely literally, just to an extent.

I agree with @Natse. Plus the reason the newspaper waa called an outlier was that it was both offscreen and far better than every other feat in the franchise. It's not like people were against it as a downplay maneuver.

@Natse, no Orm sent Tital Waves from every ocean to hit every coast in the world. Plus, this is the offical plot. We didn't actually see Zeus create Themyscira Island in Wonder Woman it happened off screen in a explaniation to Young Wonder Woman of their history yet that's not an outlier.

I also don't know why Superman's stopping an Earthquake is also also an outlier. Who cares if it's offscreen? Movies normally don't show literally everything like the comics to showcase how strong the heros are all the time, it's hinted at.

I wonder how Orm was able to manipulate the ocean? Was it his mask or his trident? We know Atlana's quindent can manipulate water.

@Pepper We do see Zeus create the island in the story Hippolyta tells Diana about the origins of the Amazons (We see the island appear out of nothing)

The Earthquake is also significantly higher then every other feat not attributed to the Mother Boxes.

Now I do agree the flooding will have some solid results as will the sinking of Atlantis but I'd rather see the DVD or Blu Ray come out before we calc those.

The storm's definitely not from Orm cayse after his Trudent was destroyed the storm was still there and gone after Arthur stopped fighting so it's definitely Arthur's and we even saw him conjuring lightning at his arrival

The Tridents likey have extreme water manipulation, so I assume they can all at least cause a storm indirectly.

Anyone have a good guess about Karathen's shape for surface area calculation, to determine how much pressure was applied to it in the inner core? I assumed it's main body has a radius of 600m (think they made her a bit thicker proportionately in the actual movie than the concept art, which I would guess be like 400m) by a mile/1.6km height, and assumed it's arms plus tentacles would be equal to that, so I could make it like a cylinder for surface area calculation. Applying the maximum 360 gigapascals of pressure in the inner core gave me a total pressure of 524,912,830,219,239.0625 metric tons, which is like a thousand Mount Everest's/class P lifting strength.

Back