• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Watching the movie, I saw that a character that I forgot the name (probably was Orm), threw all the trash present in the ocean to the surface

It looks like the Karathen is at least 3,200m long, so I think we can take the VFX designers words at face value. It's upper portion looks like it's around half of its length, while its width is half of that portion, so around 800m wide. Mass-wise, the Karathen had to pull itself onto the seafloor and basically had no buoyancy at all, so it's probably much denser than seawater. Due to its high density and its arms/legs/tentacles adding to its mass, I think we can use a cylinder's likely higher volume of a 400m radius and 3200m height for 1,610,000,000m^3, and a lesser density of 1,000kg, so we can get around 1.61e+12kg or 1,610,000,000 metric tons.

She's a pretty hefty crab lady.

If we go with the hollow pocket being somewhere around the actual center of the earth, or around 6,378.1 km from the surface, a timeframe of 150 seconds would give it an average speed of 124 mach, or around 42,520 m/s.

I'm not exactly sure how we can determine how strong she had to exist in and move that fast out of the core, and I've been working on this for a while, but I think it has to do with Drag Force and the power to overcome it based on this (Pd=Fd*v=1/2¤ü*v^3*A*Cd) equation. It's density is around 12,600-13,000kg/m^3, so it's ¤ü can be said to be 13,000. It's area is basically the front area of the Karathen, let's go with a 800m wide circle/400m radius for an area of 503,000 m^2, it's probably larger but I feel this is good enough.

The drag coefficient is what's tripping me up, since it's based on Reynolds number and viscosity, and the inner core's viscosity ~ 2-7 x 10^14 Pascal*seconds, compared to water's 8.90 x 10^-4 or air's 1.81 x 10^-5. I'm just going with 1 because I don't know how that works.

So what I'm left with is 1/2 x 1.61e+12 x 503000 x 42520^3, which is 3.2365129e+31 watts or joules/second, or Low 5-B/Small Planet level.

Either I messed up or holy shit what.

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan said:
Is there a video for the feat?
Nothing on YouTube yet, but if you can access it we see it around 1:54:30 to 1:58 in the HDrip.

The Tsunami scene is around 34 minutes in, and the big things to note is that it goes on for around a minute after it makes landfall, was also made up of the trash in the ocean plus the world's warships, has enough force to make the ships break rock formations and hit Arthur with a pole that sent him flying for hundreds of meters in a few seconds underwater, and that 90% of coastal buildings were destroyed.

Abd we got the HD Rip (if you like I can get some scenes who I get home from Uni)

Also how many coastlines did we see in the movie? Because for Orm's fear I'd suggest a low end with the coasts we se see in the movie.

Also to add to Redic's point I'd throw out that we might be able to get something with the visible clouds we see

I'll watch the movie again to get some scans. I'm doing a blog with movie scans and calculations. Maybe Saturday I'll finish

Back