• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Arthur and Orm have hypersonic+ swimming speeds coz when they swam at full speeds, their tridents started glowing

Speaking in the context of our wiki, the royal families' members, as well as the elite soldiers in their exoskeletons and black manta, all are comparable to Arthur.

There is also a kaiju Karathen, which apparently brokes through the earth from some kind of dip (near the core) to the ocean. And it seems the army of Atlantis cannot do much harm to this thing.

Also, the underwater kingdoms can cause tsunamis and floods, which throw mountains of garbage and aircraft carriers on land. It is not even considered a war, but only a warning.

ArgentinianDeadpool, this seems like the strongest thing in the movie.

Not much too say, expect that whatever the submarine is he should get half or so, because of the propulsion and buoyancy, its a good 2 minutes, for Arthur using the built up momentum.

As for the kaiju, probably between large island and small country. And she's proper girl actors in that she hasn't eaten that for millenia. And what she did were 6 foot humanoids. Also black manta has island level AP for harming Aquaman with his laser.

Oh and Arthur can tank a grenade just fine. Out for 3 seconds seconds then back up. Also, atlantian weapony is asgardian, more or less. Bullet proof, but can be stabbed.

Yeah, a normal weapon doesn't even seem to scratch Arthur. But with atlantian exoskeleton and weapons black manta can match.

The movie was a visual treat. I liked the effects and CG, especially the fight scenes. They were well storyboarded and choreographed and some scenes were shot from amazing angles. Although it was lacking a good story, I personally liked it better than Wonder Woman.

He slammed his trident down and Atlantis sunk. I think it could be through earthquakes or something similar.

Well Atlan did choose to sink the place with his trident so there is no reason it wouldn't be his.

Probably a bunch of small country to country sized places but seeing as they were all over the planet Atlan has some pretty large range. There is also whatever shelf or rock was beneath the kingdoms holding it up that he had to move down. Probably ending up at some continental stuff, I think.

Excellent. I assume Atlan is the son of Poseidon? Either way, that definitely gives more backing to Zeus creating an island in a dying state. Now is it safe to say that the trident itself shares the same scaling? The trailers really made it seem like the trident was the source of Atlan's power.

Boys

The Trident was said to give the wielder the power to control the Seven Seas...

It counts as a High 6-A statement, doesn't it??

It depends, it could be but it really depends since POTC's Trident is much the same with statements but has a Tier 7 feat rather then anything insane.

Also how large is Atlantis exactly?

it might scale to the trident, but I don't think it scales to Atlan. He put the trident in a machine which was failed to harness its power properly, causing shockwaves that sank Atlantis.

though that "controls the seas" statement has multi-continental promise, so it could be moot

Cool. If this statment is accepted, and Atlan is related to Poseidon, wouldnt this mean that the Olympian gods really are 6A? Ares killed them all, zeus critically wounded ares, zeus created an island in a dying state, zeus broke the motherbox unity.

Atlan did not decide to sink Atlantis, it was a result of a failed experiment. He put his trident in a machine and something went wrong resulting in a big shockwave which disrupted all the technological equipments in Atlantis and then Atlantis started to break and sank.

The statement about "controlling the seas" is not meant to be taken as literal power scaling statement. It is meant to show that the one who possesses Atlan's trident becomes the "one true king" of all the 7 kingdoms.

Don't know. It probably scales to the trident but I don't think it was made clear what was happening. The narration went something like this- "Even in the past, Atlantis possessed technology far beyond the imagination of any other part of the world (showing a beautiful Atlantis on screen which looked like a futuristic world). But we wanted more and that brought our downfall (showing Atlan putting his trident on that machine and then there was a huge shockwave). It sank Atlantis but also gave the people power to breathe water, with royal bloodlines retaining the ability to breathe air too. Atlan thought this was his mistake so he exiled himself somewhere nobody could find him along with his trident."

Here are the feats I was able to pick up during the film:

• Lifted an Akula Class Submarine to, and above, the surface. Modern Akula Class have 13,400―13,800 tons of displacement submerged.

• Invulnerable to human weaponry. Blades and bullets
    • Shrugged off point blank grenade with no damage
    • Overpowered 5 Atlanteans while chained
    • Can see in the dark
    • Completely regenerated after being stabbed
    • Was singed by Black Manta's laser beams which demolished an entire cliffside, later regenerated.
    • The power of Atlan's trident sunk Atlantis
    • Hydrokinetic water barrier could deflect Orvax's (Orm's) Trident
    • Atlan's trident broke Orvax's (Orm's) Trident - Basic Scaling: Atlanna's Trident Pierced Steppenwolf and could deflect the Electro Axe -> Orvax's (Orm's) trident broke Atlanna's -> Atlan's broke Orvax's (Orm's)
    • Atlan's trident grants power to command the sea. Making Arthur King and also giving him the ability to control Karathen and the Trench. (A feat thought to be impossible)
    • Atlan's Trident is able to fire energy like Orm's and Nereus's

Oh okay so the trident won't allow control of the physical oceans? That's fine. What would the AP/ battle viability be with karathen and the trench?

How would you the water resistants at speed whilst bouncy mitigation be caulated?

Because Aquaman moved the sub at hypersonic speeds.

Just watched the movie too. My favourite part was when Pitbull butchered Africa by Toto and literally everyone hated it.

Should have ended the movie with Ocean Man by Ween

Almost forgot. Aquaman exhibits complete Regenerationn twice during the film. He was stabbed by an Atlantean weapon and later regenerated completely, with some medicine. After being burned by Manta's Lasers, his skin regenerated before the end of the same day.

It was an awesome movie and i think the trudent should scale to poseidon cause it was said to be constructed from Poseidon steel so likely Poseidon jad a powerful trident as well

Going by the feats in the movie, his stats don't really change since he scales to Wonder Woman and Superman. Ocean Master and Black Manta, however, scale to him.

Just saw the movie today. I don't know how changing the composition of Manta's weapons made it possible to injure Aquaman, when he couldn't pierce his skin with regular human blades with the same amount of force.

Atlantean weaponry can affect him.

Back