• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Not yet, I'd recommend waiting for the movie's release on DVD before we calc them but I'm predicting something along the lines of Island level for the first (scaling to Diana, Old Gods and Wolf since it's Atlanna's Trident Arthur used back then)

The latter I'm not sure of and I doubt it scales to anyone (I could see it scaling to the Old Gods tho)

Almost forgot there's the sinking of Atlantis to consider as well (Definitely scaling to Old Gods, Karathen etc)

Think we're gonna need clear vids to calc first, but Orm's global tsunami, 2 mile long Karathen's core-surface trip, and Atlan's trident possibly sinking a continent if we get some confirmation from supplementary material are the three big ones.

There may be some other things though, like swimming travel speed, some stuff with Orm and Arthur's duels, Arthur summoning/canceling a storm, maybe calculating that underwater storm portal thing (don't even know how or what an underwater magical storm portal counts as for calculations, but it looked pretty big to me), and how much energy was being unleased in the battle between the Brine Kingdom and Orm's forces for a possible Atlantean Civilization page, but I don't think these will be big upgrades.

I made a point on comic vine that the vfx artist said karathen was 2 miles long but most everyone concluded thay wasn't how big she was presented in film. Do we go by the vfx artist word or should we wait for the blue ray?

We're were gonna have to wait until a clear video popped up anway, since we need something with a confirmed height to compare and confirm how big she is. Think we saw most of her main body towering over the ship Aquaman and Orm had their final duel on at the end, and her tentacles are pobably as long or longer than her main body, so if it's around or near 1 mile (at the verly least a kilometer) the VFX artist would be probably be right.

Orm causing Tsunami's worldwide should be a 6-A feat. That Water Manipulation should be on the same scale as say, Lapis, from Steven Universe, who once took the Entire Earth's ocean and made a pillar to the outer atmosphere.

Flooding all the coastlines in the world with some ridiculously large tsunamis along with large amounts of trash and huge ships is pretty impressive, but you don't really need the entire ocean to do it, although Orm might be able to do so as this was just some warning shot. I'd guess it was more like 6-C or 6-B at best.

Atlan's trident sinking Atlantis probably would be a 6-A feat though, since it's a continent in the comics, and it's probably the same in the film since it split off into 7 kingdoms. Might need confirmation from supplementary material though.

Maybe Karathen's core-surface travel calc will support it, since she was imprisoned by Atlan. Speaking of which, Aquaman apparently made the same trip on top of her head, so applying the same 360 gigapascals of inner core pressure to Momoa's calculated 2.37m^2 surface area got me around 87,102,608 metric tons of force on him, which should upgrade most high-tier DCEU characters to at least Class G lifting strength.

Hmm I'm not sure about the 6-A thing since I feel we could do with some more evidence (Perhaps a novel or WOG could help us out)

Kinda hoping the last part is true since that's pretty sick

Yeah, wouldn't feel comfortable with that being accepted without something like the director's commentary or novelization/script to confirm it.

Flying at superspeed, running at superspeed, a little lighting clash with the villain and a striking feat too (the homage to man of steel). That's what I saw. Not sure if I missed anything.

Saw it, noticed a few new things.

Atlan's trident can produce shockwaves, or at least it did when Arthur claimed it (might be evidence that Atlantis was sunk more due to its inherent power than the machine).

The news clip scene mentioned 90% of buildings were destroyed by Orm's tidal waves. I'm assuming it's just the first row(s) closest to the ocean, and "destroyed" might only mean badly damaged for many of them if we're going to low-ball, but even then I think this might up the feat by a lot if taken into account.

I think there might have been some inconsistencies with the Karathen's size, but at its biggest I can definitely see that 2 mile statement being right, or even kind of an understatement. It's top half looked like it was as big as the Brine Kingdom's side of the battlefield, these underwater fighter jets are smaller than its teeth, and the glowing ones are the size of whales.

Shouldn't Aquaman have High-Low regen? He has regenerated from several stab wounds and burns caused by Black Manta

Crazylatin77 said:
Shouldn't Aquaman have High-Low regen? He has regenerated from several stab wounds and burns caused by Black Manta
Id attribute that to Atlantian medicine considering the seaweed. Also, stab wounds are normally Mid-Low unless the wound is said or shown to have punctured an organ.

Think that'd be Mid-Low regen, Crazy.

Speaking of regen, Superman should probably have a higher regen for that nuke scene, maybe Low-Mid for restoring all his muscle and his likely majorly damaged organs, although I don't really know what recovering from being reduced to skin and bones counts as specifically.

As for the Karathen, I can't tell which whale species they were, and that can be pretty significant since humpbacks can be up to 16m vs 30m for blue whales. I'd think humpbacks would be more accurate choice, since they seemed pretty agile (although I'm pretty sure the Trident enhanced them like the Atlanteans), and 16m is around the size of actual fighter jets. Looking at this image, the jets closest to her look like they're around half the size of her teeth, if not smaller, and going with a Megalodon's tooth-length to body-length ratio of about a 100x would actually gives us around 3200m/2 miles at minimum, just like the VFX designers said. Don't think these twoimages are great for scaling, but they should be good for determining its shape/surface area/volume.

On another note, it took around 2 and a half minutes for the Karathen to come to the surface after it transitions into the battle scene.

Hmm the question is would that be akin to cinemmatic time? I assume not since we saw Ocean Master begin the attack when Arthur moved to face the Karathen so they must be fairly close to each other chronologically speaking

Yeah, it's not as concrete as Superman's speed feats, but it can't have been very long since as you say Orm was moving to attack the last time we saw him, and Atlanteans indisputably move as fast as hell underwater. Probably go with 2.5 minutes, 10 minutes, and 30 minutes for the high-to-low end calcs.

Atlanteans moving faster underwater is reason to have shorter time frames rather than longer since what we actually see in the movie takes place in a smaller timeframe than depicted.

Do we even need to scale Karathen for her size? MCU surtur is 4km via WoG and I can't seem to find any calcs to back that up so are calcs necessary here?

Sun-Eater said:
here's the information on Karathen size.
https://www.artofvfx.com/aquaman-je...-animation-supervisor-industrial-light-magic/

So "Two mile long"

"Iris as big as Aquaman"

"length equals to multiple aircraft carriers"

If the size proportion of her iris and height is the same as human she would be roughly 300 meters tall, not exactly consistant with her being 2 mile long (I don't think her tail/ tentacles are 10 times her height) then again, her iris could be relatively very small.
say scales least 300 meters tall compared to Godzilla Earth???.

Also I've got some stuff we can use for Karathen's size

Here (I'd like it if someone could also either calc this thing and Aquaman going from Earth's core to the sea or put the pre existing calc in a blog)

https://www.scrivial.com/articles/a-dive-into-tsunami-the-terrifying-energy-it-possesses "Finding the answer was not easy. To find it, we contacted Dr. Denys Dutykh, CNRS, Laboratory of Mathematics, University of Savoie, France. He is a Ph.D and an expert in the fields of hydrodynamics and scientific computing for wave propagation problems. According to him, huge tsunamis like the Sumatra tsunami, 2004 has energy of order 10^17 Joules. Several including National Geographic [Link] and USGS websites states that it is about 20x10^17 Joules, an equivalent of 23,000 bombs, the one that was dropped on Hiroshima. That's huge! To verify ourselves, we contacted the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) and asked them."

"B.Kelly, from USGS said that there is a slight mistake - it is equivalent to 23,000 bombs that was dropped on Nagasaki (20KiloTNT) not Hiroshima (15kiloTNT). This much energy is enough to power a city like Delhi for more than 6 years."

According to this, just one tsunami is just barely under Mountain Level+. So a tad bit more than two tsunamis is Island Level.

Back