• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

And by the way, you have a little piece Spaghetti on your armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
This died a while back. But Luigi vs Papyrus needs to happen

So here we are. Papyrus is after Luigi who is a human!

Speed is equal

They start in range

That's all. Let's see how this goes

Luigi:

Papyrus:

Inconclusive/Draw:

What does Danny Wells start with?

Otherwise, Papyrus just turns Danny's soul blue, then yeets him with unpredictable bones ranging from to stay still or to dodge.

Prolly some blunt beating or Knife.

Yeeting him is gonna be pretty hard when he has the LS strength advantage by a long shot. He could throw him upwards successfully cause that bypasses LS without flight. Not sideways. Then Luigi has floor leverage. And even from being tossed to the sides, he is so much stronger, it negates about what he could do. Papyrus isn't that unpredictable attack wise. It's about average with any other accept with his special attack. If anything, he makes when he attacks from the start very very vocal. And his special attack specifically as well. Plus his constant talking. As well. Precognition.

Papyrus doesn't throw people around like Sans, he Just makes your soul heavier with blue mode, which I don't think it LS diference Will matter, and outside his special attack and blue attack Papyrus doesn't actualy tell what attacks he will use, only unrelated stuff like being popular or dating

What's the AP gap?

Not to say what his attacks are going to be. Just he is clear when he is about to attack. Things like "Behold my special attack" or "ill just use a regular really cool attack" make it clear he is about to attack.

Papyrus upscales from 101.339049 Megajoules. And his special attack (the one the dog interferes with), upscales from upscaling.

Luigi upscales 488 Megajoules

There's probably a 3ish give or take AP difference in luigis favor.

No, wrong, he only said that because his special attack failed so he just replaced it, he only tell's when it's the blue attack and the special attack, otherwise he just says random stuff, plus I don't think this Luigi will know how to dodge the blue attack, and he starts with it

The upscaling probaly means the AP is equal, to who does he upscale to?

He still pre to attack, said here's my attack. And announced he was using his special attack.

If they manage to make contact he won't know. Really, not much stops him from leaping over Any bones. GM doesn't hold down a Class 5. And Precog does help quite a bit.

Yes. He upscales to Frisk. And Luigi Upscales from scaling to Mario. Mario's feat he does he upscales from as he caused that damage from a distance. The epicenter where he was would provide notably more force.

No, he only said that because his special attack failed, again, he only says he will attack for his blue and special attack, that's a fact, repeating yourself does not make it incorrect

No, I meant because he would only be able to not get hurt by standing still, which he doesn't know, so that attack will probaly hurt him alot because he uses alot of blue bones in It, and I don't see why LS would matter when all Papyrus does is just make you heavier, he doesn't throw you around like Sans

Well, I would then say he is around two times stronger then because being stronger than someone is better than just being a explosion

I am almost thinking you made this match so Luigi would wi

Yes. I know that. That's why I said if they make contact. He doesn't know standing still is what will save him. They will damage him in that case. What I'm saying is nothing stops him from leaping over the bones or just moving to the sides to avoid them. He isn't stuck in 2D pattern like the game limits you too. And LS does matter cause that means he can still jump higher. Even when he is made heavier, he can still leap above anything Papyrus could throw at him. Wow kinda took notice. That won't be a problem at first, as papyrus didn't use his blue attack for a bit. In fact, he doesn't seem to use it unless you spare him and refuse to fight back. Then he just attacks with normal attacks while he is not blue. (Which May cause a big problem). Albeit. His soul being blue won't matter much.

Not sure I understand. By why 2 times stronger? Mario upscales his feat. And Luigi scales to him. Papyrus upscales to the feat frisk survives And shows to be only really scorched iirc. Papyrus doesn't jump that much to make it a only 2 times difference I would say.

And this is the only other Luigi page, and he is actually on papyrus level. This fight had to happen in some way. This is the only and current best way (and by your arguments, the fight isn't even that bad)

Actualy no, Papyrus will always use blue mode and his blue attack, choosing fight or spare he will use it

I see, but that won't mean he would know how right at first, especialy since the blue attack will harm him quite a bit

Actualy, you got that wrong, I meant that Papyrus upscale would be better because being superior to someone is better than tanking something from far away

Honestely, I vote for Papyrus here, even though this Luigi has precognition by his profile it doesn't seem that good, it will only help him in knowing he will attack or not at best, since his precognition feats are just "knew someone would call him or be at his door". Meanwhile Papyrus will use his blue attack the moment this Luigi attacks, which will cause alot of damage because he won't know how to dodge it and make him heavier, after that point Papyrus's remaining attacks should be able to finish off a weakned and confused Luigi, plus the special attack to finish it off, since he always uses it if he gets weakened enough in game do we assume it's a Gaster Blaster like most of the fandom or...?

Papyrus stated his special attack would've "blasted you to-", so I'm pretty sure most agree it's the Gaster Blaster.

Regardless, Papyrus FRA.

My bad. I was looking at the pacifist fight. He uses Blue only once you spared or attack back. So once Luigi lands a hit, that's when he uses blue.

I didn't say he would know right. I'm just saying he would just try to avoid them like any other bone. Since he isn't limited to just a 2d screen. He can still avoid in that manor or leaping over them. Both which he realistically would do. Why would he not? It's an easy thing to do. Especially with a precog showing him a few seconds prior to them coming.

He didn't tank an explosion from far away. He caused an attack, which a few meters away caused a large stone wall to shatter, which the epicenter would cause way more damage. Being within a few meters of the attack caused 488 Megajoules. That's why Mario upscales. Cause he was at the epicenter.

He sees things pre to them happening. He saw like someone calling from a long distance away a few seconds pre to it. Or he saw someone coming to their home before it happens. Which Mario acknowledges is a normal thing he does all the time. He basically just sees things happen or coming a few seconds pre to it happening. Which would help out in this case on Papyrus attacks. Why wouldn't it? If he can see something coming a few seconds prior, that gives him more time to react and prepare.

And they won't cause a lot of damage if Luigi avoids them. Like I said. He can still jump over them or flat out dodge them as he isn't limited to dodging by standing. He can just side step them, or jump over them. Both which are pretty easy done with LS and Pre cog. LS laughs at making him heavier cause he is so much stronger, that it's irrelevant. He can only effect the soul based on how he effects the body, meaning he is not really effecting Luigi at all with it. Luigi is strong enough to where that hardly matters. Plus, invisibility is an option if he becomes to injured. Papyrus can't attack what he can't see. And also. Luigi does have weapons. Most specifically. A real knife. And when in attack range. What stops him from killing him faster than papyrus can? He has a knife and the AP advantage. He won't use Blue attacks until Luigi actually attacks, which means he will be that close, why would Luigi stop? He is right there. Stabs him multiple times or decapitate him then and there.

And tbh. It was a bone. What's that gotta do with a gaster

Ahh crud. Ok. Hold up on this fight for a bit. I forgot that Luigi also will get a new ability that marios getting which has incapacitation Potential, and definitely good combat usage. Which is very in character to use.

No, Luigi's precognition is shit based on the profile, based on it he would only know he would attack, nor that he would actualy see the attack Diavolo style, and saying it's easy doesn't mean it actualy is easy, that's a non argument, and he will be also affected by gravity manip and weakned, unlike you he doesn't know how his attacks work beforehand

Then why isn't the calc calculated at the epicenter? And that doesn't change my point at all

That's not what the profile says, it just says he knew he was going be called or someone was going to knock at his door, those are not impressive precognition feats to really help as stated beforehand

The blue attack, the attack he doesn't know how to dodge, will be the one who Will heavely damage him. Papyrus is gravity manip, I still don't see how LS would matter, and you saying it so is again a non argument, it's not like TK where he is actualy throwing someone around, he is just making you heavy, the only thing LS would matter would be he won't feel his body heavy, but even so it would still help Papyrus, His soul would still be visible even if he becomes invisible, plus in his profiles it's saying he can sense beings as well, even if limited

Why are you applying every gameplay weakness to Papyrus but not to Luigi, like Luigi is not limited to dodging in his limits but Papyrus will just stand there and have turns and not use his attacks? Like really dude? And a knife really means nothing, the Real Knife is a special knife that's only that strong because of Chara, in other routes the same item is way weaker, he having a knife is literaly irrelevant because we already have his AP, he doesn't have a knife weakness

No, he is not just going to stand there doing nothing while Luigi punched him when the AP gap is not even that high, stop applying a weakness to one character but not to the other, turning this around you what's stopping him from using attacks non stop? And Papyrus uses blue when he sees you will fight, which in Undertale is using the fight button, but since we are not using gameplay Papyrus will already know he will fight by either SBA, or just seeing him going with intent, he isn't going to play by turn rules while the other doesn't

Also you are the OP, you shouldn't straight up argue for a character, you can make arguments and fix mistakes but not just straight up argue for a character

Anyways Papyrus has 4 votes

Why do I always pick threads were the OP wants a certain character to win?

As the OP, I still can argue. I just can't vote. And especially if there is huge issue in the votes. Like the fact he entirely could dodge blue bones attacks, and there isn't reason why that would surprise him any different than any other attack. He can still side step them. Or leap over them. Both points which haven't been acknowledged. Why would the blue attacks be any different? He doesn't need to stand still to avoid them. Leaping over them and or just side stepping them works just as good.

He can't leap over them, they overcome the entire battle arena in the game, unless he can fly he can't just leap then, and again, stop using gameplay weakness for one character but not the others, just because the game is mainly in 2D doesn't mean they can only attack in a 2D plane, we seen Undyne attack in the overworld before in all directions, Papyrus's attacks do the same

And stop being in denial, I did adress them, there's no problems in the votes except that the character you wanted to win is losing

That's not gameplay weakness. In a normal battle. Literally nothing stops him from just jumping over the attacks. The only thing that stops you from doing that or side stepping is game mechanic and it being a 2D side scroller. But you can not use that as a means to say he can't dodge. Cause that's serious game mechanic. He can jump over them, he can side step them. Those are totally viable options. Yes papyrus can't attack from different angels too. But here's the thing. Luigi, can still side step them. Or jump over them. No reason he can't.

Yea no. Not in denial. You just posted your comment. Don't act like you have kept saying it and I'm ignoring the comment. I just haven't had the time to address the issues in your other response cause you just posted it a minute ago. So don't give me that bull. You posted both comments within minutes of each other so I haven't had time to put my response for both.

Also, you know what's not allowed as well buddy? Spite, also know as threads were someone makes it to purposely make another character lose, which you even admited that you made this so Luigi would win, and you wanted us to wait until you added a ability that would make it easier for Luigi to win for you, so that's actualy against the rules

What stops is the fact his attacks are not in a straight line like you think it is, and it is a gameplay weakness because only gameplay makes it appear that way, because as we see with Undyne during her chase sequences, attacks in 3D outside a battle don't come in a straight line, so he can't just sidestep because there would also be attacks there, and he can't jump because they are too high, and you can jump in gameplay,alot, the blue bones simply are too high to jump, and as explained sidestepping

Then don't make accusations before you can know things

Seeing things a few seconds before they happen isn't shit. seeing people coming or calling few seconds prior to it happening means he has a pre cog that sees a few seconds into the future. That isn't shit. Trying to use the context of what he used it for doesn't make it suddenly more shit. The fact he can see a few seconds makes it viable. He hardly would be effected to the slightest. Class 5 still immensely overpowers it. It would be like putting a 5 pound weight on a body builder and saying that weakens him. Technically it increases the weight he has the move. But it's so insignificant to what he can carry and move that it's a pointless thing. It does basically nothing

Because there wasn't anything at the epicenter to calc. And it really does. This isn't what you said before. This is Mario upscaling his feat and Luigi scaling to that. Papyrus scales above frisk who upscales his feat. While papyrus has better scaling in that case. Considering how much stronger the feats start out. It's not going to be a 2 times difference. That overplays Papyrus scaling.

Seeing it happen a few seconds before it happened isn't shit. No matter how much you try and call it shit. Seeing something happen a few seconds prior to it happening is hella helpful.

Which again. I know he doesn't know standing will protect him. But he literally can still dodge. You aren't acknowledging this point. He still can jump over or dodge the attacks since it's a 3D plain meaning he still can move side to side. LS matters because that's literally how you fight back gravity. You LS effects how far you can jump, what you can lift, and what gravity levels you could handle. Luigi is a Class 5, so Papyrus gravity manipulation does nothing. It won't feel heavy to him cause Papyrus GM isn't that strong. And it doesn't stop Luigi from leaping. With his LS, he can easily make the distance to jump over his attacks. And why would his soul still be visible? What proves that? Is there something in undertale that I missed that would prove their soul would be visible, even if they turn invisible?

I'm not limiting him. I never said that. If Luigi is standing right in front of papyrus, that's why stabbing him wouldn't be hard. It's extremely hard to dodge someone stabbing you if they are literally right in front of you, and Papyrus couldn't physically stop it cause Class 5 LS means if papyrus tries to grab and hold him back. He makes 0 progress in stopping him. If Luigi stabs him. Nothing is stopping him front stabbing on repeat from there. He is literally in front of him. It isn't hard. Especially with much higher AP and LS, and it's much harder to dodge. And I say a real knife because that means he has a blades actual knife weapon. I'm not scaling to the Undertale knife. I'm saying he has a real knife on him. Something that at his AP and LS , could easily stab on repeat or remove papyrus head.

Not punch. Stab him. And he won't just stand there sure. But again. Dodging a man who's stronger than you with a knife stabbing at you on repeat is extremely hard to dodge. And since papyrus doesn't use his blue stuff and stronger stuff until he has been attacked. That's gonna heavily screw him over.

The big problem is. Papyrus doesn't give real good fight back until he is stricken. Once Luigi does that first strike. He is Leagues Above LS, making stopping him physicallynot happening. Much stronger, making the damage Papyrus takes worse due to his durability being much less. He has a knife, which behind his already better strength is gonna Murder through papyrus, and literally nothing stops him from repeat stabbing him at that point. He isn't gonna just stand there, but when Luigi gets the strike in, it basically ends at that point because of all that.

And I should note. His new ability he is getting incapacitates and highly is in character to use. Which can be used even at a range. Especially when in danger. (Which at that point, adding in the fact papyrus way of attacking and this being easy win that's very in character, becomes basically stompy)

Theuser789 said:
Also, you know what's not allowed as well buddy? Spite, also know as threads were someone makes it to purposely make another character lose, which you even admited that you made this so Luigi would win, and you wanted us to wait until you added a ability that would make it easier for Luigi to win for you, so that's actualy against the rules

What stops is the fact his attacks are not in a straight line like you think it is, and it is a gameplay weakness because only gameplay makes it appear that way, because as we see with Undyne during her chase sequences, attacks in 3D outside a battle don't come in a straight line, so he can't just sidestep because there would also be attacks there, and he can't jump because they are too high, and you can jump in gameplay,alot, the blue bones simply are too high to jump, and as explained sidestepping

Then don't make accusations before you can know things
Not spite. Spite is Intentionally trying to make someone lose to humiliate them. And putting them against people they don't stand a chance again. This is me defending Luigi cause I see several issues in your argument. I'm not stopping you from voting papyrus. Papyrus still can, and currently is, still winning the votes. Literally by your votes. You believe he wins. So calling it spite is bull. I point out issues I have in the argument. As things that either are not stat wise correct. Like the physicality. Things that would counter and make it point. LS makes papyrus GM pointless as it basically does nothing. And I never said I made this so Luigi could win. I said I made this because Luigi vs Papyrus needed to happen. And seriously, if someone is getting a new ability, then why wouldn't we wait to see if it happens? A new ability could easily rip the scale on a fight or even make it downright unfair. It could also have little to no effect. But at least waiting to see if it's legit or not is a good idea to keep things accurate

And If the new ability gets added. This fight likely becomes a stomp. It's a broken incapacitation that they use in character. I said hold up because depending on how it goes. This fight either becomes a stomp, or at the very least has a new factor. This was an ability I was discussing about Mario getting a bit ago, it just didn't cross my mind Luigi gets it too as they both use it. I said stop because if this ends up getting added. Arguments have to be remade, as this new ability adds more to the table. Or in this case. Might make arguments pointless as it becomes a stomp.

And your blindly accusing me of stuff I haven't said. At no point did I say papyrus attacks in a straight line. I just said Luigi can avoid his attacks or leap over them. You act if I said Papyruus wouldn't move which is Bull. I never said he wouldn't be able to move. You also said I said I made this so Luigi could win. Also bull. I literally just said I made this because this fight had to happen. And this is the only other Luigi profile, and is capable of fighting him, and that you were even making it clear papyrus could win the fight. Meaning it was fair for both ends.

Anyways

Papyrus upscales from 24.22 Kg of TNT, Luigi upscales from 120 Kg of TNT (Nearly a 5x AP gap, so Luigi's attacks will do quite a bit of damage, and UT's Soul Manip doesn't negate durability anymore so Papyrus' attacks won't do that much damage to Luigi), as said before Blue Mode won't have much of an effect due to Luigi's LS, and Time Reversal/Precognition help avoid/reverse any damage Luigi would/has taken, now if that ability does get added this would probably be a stomp, but until then I'll probably be voting for Luigi

Better to hold up on voting for now soupy. I brought up before a new ability Luigi is looking to get. Incapacitation capability, and at the very least adds new capabilities for Luigi to have. He basically can trap people into watching something, which can last from a few minutes. To possible days to weeks.

I mean, I acknowledged that he was going to get a new ability in my post, and said that I was only voting for him at the moment, but alright

Don't need to make text walls for everything geez

It is because he is just seeing a generic action, let's compare it to another precognition like Epitaph, in there Diavolo can see straight up ten seconds in the future and see everything that will happen in it, meanwhile Luigi can know if someone will call him, so it is a bad precognition, he only sees a genric action

Fair enough on the GM and the scaling

He doesn't really have that much higher AP, and you are ignoring the fact that Papyrus can just shoot bones at him if he is this close to Papyrus himself, and he won't be able to dodge them in that distance from him, and Papyrus would never try to grap him to stop it, monsters don't use physical attacks, he would just use his magic, which would be extremely effective at that distance, forcing him to fall back so he can dodge them, being stabbed won't really stun him to not use any attack and stay there, since even in game he barely reacts to being hurt. Knife doesn't really mean much, it's not like he is weak to knifes, he is a skeleton, I don't really see why a knife would be more effective

Sorry for accusing you then, I just don't like OP's arguing

And yes, Luigi can leap over all except the blue attack

I'm not trying to say he is gonna spiderman dodge everything. Just. His pre cog isn't really shitty. With how Papyrus attacks, He should at least see some of the attacks coming. Pre cog should at least prepare him to start dodging and dodge some oncoming ones. And this isn't limited to just calling. Just generic actions work. He sees stuff happening before it happens. Someone coming over and who specifically and at what time. That's still pretty good. Not spiderman good obviously. But it still should have its use. If it's like a sans worth of danmaku attacks. Then easily can overwhelm him via sheer amount coming at those speeds. But papyrus is vastly tamer.

Their feats start out with Luigi have a beat 5 times AP gap. To say Papyrus upscales so much that it makes it a 2 times gap, especially since Luigi upscales to the feat he scales to, is really pushing it imo. And At a distance is helpful, if they even were at a distance. But they aren't. They started in range so Luigi doesn't just get range stomped. If they start at range, Papyrus range stomps him as Luigi offers nothing there. If they start within range. Well. Luigi is tougher and stronger. And with a knife. Which no. Papyrus doesn't have a specific weakness to knives. But pierce and cut damage is still a thing. And it's already coming from someone stronger than him. If they started to attack each other head on at that point. Luigi can easily cut his head off. His LS and AP would allow that to be possible.

And frankly. At this point. The fight seems like this one shouldn't even happen as it doesn't work. If they start in the melee fighters range. Well. He is stronger, tougher, and can cut him up with a good slice due to superior AP, and pierce damage. If they start at range. He just gets snipped. Adding in his new ability and it basically means he can take him incapacitate him at range too which is in character to use. that one ability alone kinda makes it stompish.

Forgot also. He has time reversal. Which is Majorly helpful

The big problem is his precognition barely tells him anything, based around on his feats he will only know that Papyrus will attack or not at best, and that's not really helpful if he knows or not how to dodge it, so that's why it linda sucks

I did say fair enough on that, though I would say 4 times at least

I mean, that's why we have SBA right? But Papyrus is not hopeless at close range, he can still use his attacks which Luigi won't be able to dodge them because they would be in his face, since as said he wouldn't use any physical attacks against him for LS to even matter, he isn't Undyne

Just use the SBA range them, and remove the match when you add that ability

How does the time reversal work?

Also 5-1 is the current vote count now

It told him the specific person who was coming and then there and at what time they were there. That pretty dang accurate. Means he knows where they will come from and at what time.

SBA causes Luigi to get snipped because he can't attack and starts way too far away to hope to get close. And when they start in luigis range. Papyrus is kinda hopeless cause that means they are standing face to face with each other. LS does matter in the sense of what Luigi can do. Not to fight Papyrus. But what his hits or lifts can do. If he uppercuts Papyrus. Almost baseline Class 1 LS is all that's needed to Punch or rip a person head off. If Luigi swings his knife at papyrus too. His AP and LS is high enough to cut Papyrus limbs off or head. He would cut right through him.

If it came down to them just throwing hits at each other in face to face range. Luigi would come out on top way more cause he is more durable, Stronger, and has a knife and or LS to basically one shot. If he cuts off his head or limbs. It's over. Which would only take one swing. And even if not. Luigi is still outputting more damage while able to take more himself. Heck. One uppercut or straight punch to the noggin knocks papyrus head off via sheer AP mixed with the necessary LS to do so. That's why melee combat wouldn't work for papyrus. He just gets out powered.

Then it's a range stomp.

He just reverses time. Everything goes backwards until he stops It

Well, since you didn't say any range then we will use SBA range then, so those arguments about him getting close to him are kinda non important right now, since he would actualy need to get close for it to matter

If you think it's a stomp in any case then ask a staff to close it, otherwise we just use SBA

But how does it actualy work tho? How does he activate it?

That's true. Those arguments are entirely pointless since this was the case.

Well. I wanted to make it vocal why I thought i was a stomp cause I didn't want to come off as Papyrus started winning so I got it closed. I wanted to say why it actually started to feel stompy. Range is a snipe. Melee just doesn't work.

He just activates it. Thought based.

I am pretty sure the time reversal would not make this a stomp for Papyrus, because he could just keep reseting time like Frisk until he wins, so I do think it's a stomp because of that time reversal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back