• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About Eternity Manipulation

Since they prevent all change to happen once activate, could they resist basically everything, just by applying Eternity to themselves, effectively make them immune to all kind of change?

If so, what kind of resistance could they have in Touhou, or is it another case of Fantasy Heaven, where we literally have too much? Want to add that as a note

You can use the Touhou verse page to find people to ask to comment here.

Well, I does found a good benchmark though: Anything she can eternity freeze, she also can prevent it from harming her body and resist it...Though that still doesn't let us closer to what extend she could do.

Saikou's right. We don't know to what extent this ability can be used.

I don't think this is the same as Causality. Eternity Manipulation is an ability in of itself.

Not only is it more about rejecting change but it has an absolution effect on change.

At best you can call Causality a sister to this ability since its effect is basically against Causality.

I bump this thread since people still use the arguments that it was accepted to be Causality Manipulation Absolutly not in any case

I agree with the shitty king, it's not Causality Manipulation, it's just Manipulate Eternity, it's an unique ability, no need to try to found other ability to link.

Paul Frank said:
Yeah eternity manip seems to be it's own thing not really causality manip
It's weaker than Causality Manipulation and this is what matters in vs thread

Nedge1000 said:
It's weaker than Causality Manipulation and this is what matters in vs thread
Actually it's not

If eternity manip is its own thing and not considered causality manip then those with resistance to causality manip still won't resist eternity manip

You know it could just be eternity manip it doesn't have to be shoved into another class of powers

Since i'm an ignorant fool knowing nothing about 2hu, what are the mechanics of eternity manipulation?

Like, what it does, how it does it etc

It just makes stuff eternal in some way or another.

Make an object eternal: It can't be harmed in any way anymore.

Make a place eternal: Stuff in it can't grow old anymore, such as plants not growing or water not flowing anymore, although people can keep moving and live in it normally.

Make a situation eternal: She used her ability to make Eientei (her mansion)'s lack of history eternal. Like above, people could keep moving and living in it normally, but since its lack of history was made eternal, no one could discover it and write it down in history, making it a secret.

Question. How big is the participation of the eternity manip on the Hourai Elixir? It was stated that Eirin couldn't create it without Kaguya's help.

It's unknown. Hence why we shouldn't try and extrapolate on this to buff either the Elixir or Kaguya's powers.

Back