• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Touhou Project Conceptual Manipulation Downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know people are gonna jump on me for this.

There is nothing in the profile or in the scans states Concepts in Touhou Project are independent from the reality they govern. From scans names only creates and destroys things and it's just type 3 concepts. Hence this should be Downgraded to CM type 3. This is just personal concepts where there is no proof for affecting this concept will affect the reality within the area of influence. This doesn't even covers type 2 concepts.

Conceptual Manipulation (Type 1; Her boundary manipulation can affect the fundamental boundaries between everything and the conceptual borders that exist between two things; it's been stated that without boundaries, everything would exist as a singular, massive object, not unlike the state that the world was in before Gods separated everything by giving names and concepts to them.[12]. The process of creating a spell card requires giving it a 'name' to define its form and power[13][14][15]. Yukari is also stated to be able to create new existences[16])

Anyone who has doubts regarding types can actually check it here only.
1. Independent Universal Concepts: Such concepts are completely independent from the part of reality they govern, except maybe of other concepts of this nature. These concepts shape all of reality within their area of influence and at whatever level that area exists in, and everything in it "participates" in these concepts. For example, a circular object is circular because it is "participating" in the concept of "circle-ness". In this way, the alteration of these concepts will change every object of the concept across all of their area of influence, while the opposite wouldn't affect the concept.
2. Dependent Concepts: Such concepts are abstract and govern all reality within their area of influence. These concepts shape everything, and changing them would either require the alteration of every object of the concept or, if manipulated directly, change all objects of the concept alongside the concept itself. These concepts, however, exist simultaneously with and are bound by the object of the concept. In this way, an abstract dependent concept can be destroyed by destroying all objects of the concept, restored by re-making an object of a previously existent concept, or changed by changing all objects of the concept across reality. This, however, does not qualify for this form of conceptual manipulation, and is rather treated as a by-product of another action akin to a "domino effect". This type of conceptual manipulation can only be obtained if the abstract concept itself is changed directly, and not by indirect methods. For example, destroying humanity and thus "ending the concept of humanity" would not qualify, while directly "ending the concept of humanity" and thus destroying humanity would qualify.
3. Lesser Fundamental Concepts: Concepts that don't meet the same standards as Type 1 or Type 2, such as personal concepts that continue to govern the object in question, merely on a more specific scale, or concepts whose nature is not elaborated upon. Case-by-case specifications and explanations are necessary for such concepts and examples, and they are likely not going to meet the same standards for abilities such as High-Godly regeneration that other concepts may. Conceptual manipulation of this type can be resisted by those who resist sufficiently similar abilities, even if the exact mechanics may differ.

Instead of attacking I hope we maintain civil debates. I will just close this thread if there is enough evidence for CM type 1 otherwise it's getting Downgraded.

Last edited:
Cool, another Touhou CRT which will never get a conlusion.
Don't worry I will ask Ant myself to tag staff no matter what this CM type 1 is clear cut wank as far as scans and explanation says. Anyway I will close this thread if there is enough evidence which can be used to replace it.

Last edited:
Anyways, I’ll remain neutral till backup arrives,
Ok
but I don’t see what’s Type 1 about this, so much so I’m surprised it got accepted at all.
Also Most of the Abilities in the profile lacks reference and scans.

I have some doubts regarding NEP and TD also if they don't have enough evidence to support current NEP and TD standards they are also getting nuked next.

I will get to this after work, but names have direct confirmation of affecting concepts spread across all of reality, and predating reality (which is proof of being unbound from what they govern). This is ignoring the actual reasons names were ever accepted as type 1, nobody FRA anything yet.

Also this is obvious spite over the MG downgrades, lol

I will get to this after work, but names have direct confirmation of affecting concepts spread across all of reality, and predating reality (which is proof of being unbound from what they govern). This is ignoring the actual reasons names were ever accepted as type 1, nobody FRA anything yet.

Mhm? all of reality is actually irrelevant, "reality" in the CM page refers nothing as "reality", rather as a thing that defines the object.

Show me the scan I am not gonna buy trust me bro policy. Whatever scans listed in profile has no indication of concepts being independent from the reality they govern
Stop bringing attention seeking attitude here. Only Focus on what is presented in OP.

Yep they did someone asked Mad in a joking manner did your favorite verse get Conceptual Manipulation Type 1 for such reasons and Mad replied back something like, whataboutism aside no and insert short quick explanation why. Then everyone went back to the main discussion.
oh lol, I did not read the above comments, but it seems derailment.

Anyway, @EldemadeDityjon mind call staff members tho?
intro-1587748942.jpg

Guess I'll wait on some counterpoints.

But are the moment the first block of words in the paragraph would be Type 2. The last two example are rather narrow and would default to Type 3.

But the who universal separation thing qualifies for Type 2 if nothing else.
Thanks for evaluating

Is this the one you are talking about that qualifies for CM type 2? There is no scan actually for this. I hope someone posts it.
Her boundary manipulation can affect the fundamental boundaries between everything and the conceptual borders that exist between two things; it's been stated that without boundaries, everything would exist as a singular, massive object, not unlike the state that the world was in before Gods separated everything by giving names and concepts to them.

Yes. It's a overly broad concept of separation that effects everything. It would be at least Type 2. Type 3 is something like the concept of Dave's specific pants existing rather than the universal concept of separation.
Okay thanks for clarifying.

I will Concede on that then if the scans says the same. @Mad_Dog_of_Fujiwara can you posts the scan for first part there is no scans available in the profile.

As I have said before
God's naming of reality and other concepts that was created even before reality would still be fine

but blanketing it to all spellcard simply because they can name them similarly to how God's named things into existing is suspiciously lax.

qawsedf already said the points i want to point out for the certain character who control boundaries in this verse so i agree with those

What part of "I'm at work" do you people not understand? You asked me not to rush the MG thread, I think you can bear to wait 4 hours.
I didn't said you send the scans now only. You can take your time no one is rushing. I just asked for you to send the scan. That's all. Don't make a big Scene. I may not be active when you active and vise versa so i am asking things when I am online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back