• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Country Divided (Redux) • RP Thread

"Remove the R and ilon from my name, and you'll know, those who bothered me at the academy used it as an insult" Rassilon sa
"*'Deaxz!" Kaminos exclaimed, crossing his arms.

“A compliment huh? I suppose that’s one way of looking at it.” He said with an amused look.
"Power increases risk. More risk, more reward. Get more of both, and the game gets more fun when you take a chance in it," Kumi answered, "I love a good wager, so to me, that's a compliment."

Vera clapped her hands together "All right everyone, Albus' expertise on our shadowy friends running around had dictated that this village will be attacked in about five hours, at about 1600. For those of you who can read I have this booklet of everything we know about the shadows and their classes, for those that can't, just stab and cut and attack and that should work on most of them, seeing as this is a low-level attack anticipating Low-level defenders... so perfect for us, right?" Vera said, handing the booklet to Palaria who moved to give it to Rassilon, clearly Vera viewed everyone in the team's power with some form of disdain, including her own it seemed.
Kaminos smelled something weird in the air with Vera.

"Something wrong?" He asked her.

*'Deazx = An Elven word used to describe a curse or condemnation, but also commonly used as mild profanity; the Elven equivalent of "damn".

Vera clapped her hands together "All right everyone, Albus' expertise on our shadowy friends running around had dictated that this village will be attacked in about five hours, at about 1600. For those of you who can read I have this booklet of everything we know about the shadows and their classes, for those that can't, just stab and cut and attack and that should work on most of them, seeing as this is a low-level attack anticipating Low-level defenders... so perfect for us, right?" Vera said, handing the booklet to Palaria who moved to give it to Rassilon, clearly Vera viewed everyone in the team's power with some form of disdain, including her own it seemed
"May I see the booklet, Rassilon?" asking as he approached him, "I'd like to know about the danger some classes may possess..."

Vera clapped her hands together "All right everyone, Albus' expertise on our shadowy friends running around had dictated that this village will be attacked in about five hours, at about 1600. For those of you who can read I have this booklet of everything we know about the shadows and their classes, for those that can't, just stab and cut and attack and that should work on most of them, seeing as this is a low-level attack anticipating Low-level defenders... so perfect for us, right?" Vera said, handing the booklet to Palaria who moved to give it to Rassilon, clearly Vera viewed everyone in the team's power with some form of disdain, including her own it seemed
The beastman glared down at Vera as she handed out the booklets, shifting ever so slightly where he stood.

"...We were not informed we would be fighting so soon after arrival. I would have polished my equipment." He grumbled. He walked over to whoever currently had the booklet, folding his arms.

The beastman glared down at Vera as she handed out the booklets, shifting ever so slightly where he stood.

"...We were not informed we would be fighting so soon after arrival. I would have polished my equipment." He grumbled. He walked over to whoever currently had the booklet, folding his arms.
"I didn't know until we set out today Za'zhirr, I suspect that would've been in the papers if Thalia expected us to be fighting this soon when she wrote them." Vera responded,
Kaminos smelled something weird in the air with Vera.

"Something wrong?" He asked her.
Vera's eyes narrowed, but her smile remained "Don't worry about it, I probably will have to do this mission on my own anyway!" She said, at first it could seem to be the height of arrogance, but something seemed... off about Vera's attidude here

Vera's eyes narrowed, but her smile remained "Don't worry about it, I probably will have to do this mission on my own anyway!" She said, at first it could seem to be the height of arrogance, but something seemed... off about Vera's attidude here
"If something's wrong, I think it'd be better to get it off your chest now. Unless stuff like this is in your blood, not having a clear head can get you killed," He said.

Rassilon opens the booklet so all people can read it alongside him.
It contained details about the shadows and their capabilities, and dictating what should fight them and whatnot, it went into excruciating detail on everything known about the shadows that it could put a man to sleep, and it probably had at least a few times, but it did mention one massive shadow that Albus and Thalia had to take down with an unknown third party as a support, and labeled any further sightings or suspected sightings of anything like that were to be dealt with by Royal Head Mage Albus, Queen Thalia, or their peers in power and to retreat immediately upon sightings of one

"If something's wrong, I think it'd be better to get it off your chest now. Unless stuff like this is in your blood, not having a clear head can get you killed," He said.
"Oh I'm not dead yet am I?" Vera asked Instantly without even a seconds hesitation

It contained details about the shadows and their capabilities, and dictating what should fight them and whatnot, it went into excruciating detail on everything known about the shadows that it could put a man to sleep, and it probably had at least a few times, but it did mention one massive shadow that Albus and Thalia had to take down with an unknown third party as a support, and labeled any further sightings or suspected sightings of anything like that were to be dealt with by Royal Head Mage Albus, Queen Thalia, or their peers in power and to retreat immediately upon sightings of one
“Well documented.” Morgan said approvingly. He had trained and sharpened his memory quite a bit over the years so he was able to memorize the information in the booklet pretty quickly. “Plenty of good intel here.”

"I see." blinking twice, "Quite nice to read, to be honest... Interesting as well..."

“Well documented.” Morgan said approvingly. He had trained and sharpened his memory quite a bit over the years so he was able to memorize the information in the booklet pretty quickly. “Plenty of good intel here.”
"Yeah, unfortunately no physical samples, but if it's a low-end attack like we think it is we shouldnt have to worry about working too much for our win." Palaria said honestly, but... she seemed to be deep in thought about something

"Yeah, unfortunately no physical samples, but if it's a low-end attack like we think it is we shouldnt have to worry about working too much for our win." Palaria said honestly, but... she seemed to be deep in thought about something
He looked up at Palaria as she spoke and noticed her expression, “Looks like you’ve got something on your mind. Does it have something to do with this attack?” He asked. “If so I’d appreciate it if you’d share your thoughts.”

He looked up at Palaria as she spoke and noticed her expression, “Looks like you’ve got something on your mind. Does it have something to do with this attack?” He asked. “If so I’d appreciate it if you’d share your thoughts.”
"The shadows are a very recent thing, there's still a lot we don't know about them, so new types popping up unexpectedly is a very real possibility. I'm trying to think of what we could do if and when that does happen..." Palaria explained

"The shadows are a very recent thing, there's still a lot we don't know about them, so new types popping up unexpectedly is a very real possibility. I'm trying to think of what we could do if and when that does happen..." Palaria explained
"Being too paranoid could help, but assuming a lot from just little information will only do nothing but make the enemy appear stronger when they really aren't otherwise..." Caitlin would say, having listened to their conversation, "Overestimation has it's ups and lows, so please be careful..."

“I see. Thank you for sharing and apologies if I was being too pushy. I just hate the idea of walking into something feeling like I’m missing a crucial piece of information.” Morgan said with a slight bow of his head.

Nigredo wasn't exactly listening on much detail. She couldn't actually read, after all. What use would little booklet do her??? Besides, it's not like weaknesses mattered to her. If they existed, she'd find them. If they didn't, she just need to kill them. Kill them.

Kill them.

K111111...llLlLlllļl.. T̶̡̝̅h̸̫͓̎͊͠e̵͈̅̎ṃ̴̓̔͘.

"...kill them..." She muttered to herself, going over every possible way in her head a creature such as a "Shadow"... might... bleed? Oh, they'd bleed. Bl3333d.

“…I suggest you lot keep on your toes.” The Beastman said. He took a seat on a nearby bench, reaching a large hand into his bag as he sorted his equipment.

“…Dying on your first mission would be…unsightly. And we've full permission to run, if that...shadow behemoth appears.” The Beastman muttered. Gingerly, he grasped something from his bag, pulling out a large, ornate sword. He ran a claw along its edge, as if he was testing its sharpness as he talked.

"That we will won't we... all right... thanks for the advice Caitlin, and... sorry Morgan." Palaria muttered quietly, backing away a little with her head bowed, clearly the woman didn't do all that well under peer pressure

“…I suggest you lot keep on your toes.” The Beastman said. He took a seat on a nearby bench, reaching a large hand into his bag as he sorted his equipment.

“…Dying on your first mission would be…unsightly. And we've full permission to run, if that...shadow behemoth appears.” The Beastman muttered. Gingerly, he grasped something from his bag, pulling out a large, ornate sword. He ran a claw along its edge, as if he was testing its sharpness as he talked.
"Someone's cocky!" Vera commented as Rubedo simply nodded at Zaz'hirr

“No need to apologize, Palaria,” Morgan said with a small smile. He took a quick look around at the surroundings and said “We’ve still got a good deal of time left. How can we put that to the best use?”

"How many of you have survival skills, and how many of you can lift good?" Vera asked, loo,ing around the group
“No need to apologize, Palaria." Morgan said
"All right..." Palaria said, calming down a bit, and taking steps to calm herself down

"That we will won't we... all right... thanks for the advice Caitlin, and... sorry Morgan." Palaria muttered quietly, backing away a little with her head bowed, clearly the woman didn't do all that well under peer pressure
Caitlin remained silent and didn't say anything.
"How many of you have survival skills, and how many of you can lift good?" Vera asked, looking around the group
"Hmmmm..." she didn't say much and just listened to what the group could do.

Nigredo lightly raised her clawed hand. Over 7 decades of living on one's own would give them more than just basic survival skills... lifting was another story entirely, but in the case of being a survivalist, the creature did not require the rune of such a type to be considered an expert.

"...I prefer not to be used as some...common beast of burden, but I can provide my services, if necessary." The Beastman said, slowly taking out another sword from his bag to inspect.

"And as for your earlier remark. It's confidence. Not cockiness. Believing in one's talents is a virtue." He said plainly.

Vera nodded, and ignored Za'zhirr's comment

"Those skilled in survival, coordinate to get us a battle line all around the city, those who can clear space and lift well, follow their lead, for those who are skilled in neither, help the villagers prepare!" Vera ordered, sliding right into coordinating to give orders

Rubedo nodded, she thought she could clear space, so she walked over to Rassilon and just... sat there

Palaria knew she could at least clear space, but was worried about her expendengure of magic doing so, they needed the capability to use a lot of magic for the fight, so simply using it to make trenches and whatnot was not an effective strategy...

Rassilon prepared himself by taking out the equipment from his super-pockets that are bigger inside, so one would create a good battle line all around the city, he took out a paper sheet and began to detail a couple of strategic points which probably be the right place to put the defenses.

Za'zhirr grunted in curt acknowledgment, slowly bringing himself to his feet. He placed the ornate sword back into his carrying back, before glancing over at Rassilon's battle strategies.

"...Rather impressive, Vampire Hunter." The beastman remarked idly, his eyes scanning the strategic points Rassilon had outlined.

"Thank you, my grandmother and I played a game where we imagined invading each other's toy town, we had to defend ourselves from each other's attacks, I guess that prepared me a little."

Kaminos was over by Rassilon, and heard what he had said about the game he played.

"That sounds like a cool game," He said while looking at the plans prepared by his teammate. before shifting his focus toward what had been strategized so far, "And that's where you want me?"

Nigredo lightly raised her clawed hand. Over 7 decades of living on one's own would give them more than just basic survival skills... lifting was another story entirely, but in the case of being a survivalist, the creature did not require the rune of such a type to be considered an expert.
“I’d say my survival skills are pretty good. I’m no expert but I’ve picked up a thing or three.” Morgan offered.
Caitlin remained silent and didn't say anything.

"Hmmmm..." she didn't say much and just listened to what the group could do.
(Poke)

Caitlin has already returned, with some villagers running off getting wood, having the ghost coming from her help the others. At the same time, she was looking at her missing arm, sighing.
(I'd need to run the villagers myself, we aren't just going "yeah they exist!" and then just ignoring them, that was a problem with the OG ACD)

"Thank you, my grandmother and I played a game where we imagined invading each other's toy town, we had to defend ourselves from each other's attacks, I guess that prepared me a little."
"...I suppose it did." The Beastman muttered plainly, extending a claw to scratch the fur underneath his chin. He continued to examine the map for a moment, for straightening himself, his eyes shifting to the surrounding village.

"...Inform me when my strength is needed. I will be making my own preparations until then." He said.

"...I suppose it did." The Beastman muttered plainly, extending a claw to scratch the fur underneath his chin. He continued to examine the map for a moment, for straightening himself, his eyes shifting to the surrounding village.

"...Inform me when my strength is needed. I will be making my own preparations until then." He said.
Rassilon nodded, while putting his survive skills into practice (as if it were Minecraft) building at great speed.

Back