• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

8-B Brackets Round 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
On-Topic: I think I'll vote for the Cyberdemon as well, I went and watched the Beholster's boss fight, and while its Danmaku may prove to be a problem initially, the Cyberdemon appears far more mobile and at least moderately more versatile, and has actual three dimensional attacks far more angles it can attack from. As well, if it goes down without injury to the head, it should be able to pick itself back up and keep fighting, whereas the Beholder doesn't have the same luxury.

Yeah, as MrKing said here and on another thread; the Doom monster profiles do have downplayed intelligence ratings; so there should be a Content Revision for that yes.

Beholster: 1 (PsychoMaster)

Cyberdemon: 4 (PixelKirby, Wokistan, MrKingOfNegativity, AnonymousBlank)

Let me say that I have played both of these games and both of them rank on my favorite games lists of all time. Doom 2016 is literally the best shooter game in existence and Gungeon is the most competent rogue-like I've seen ever. I'm pleased they made it in and frankly this is as good a matchup between the two as any. Now then to my vote.

Cyberdemon certainly is more intelligent than it gets credit for though who actually holds the intelligence advantage is unknown (now if Beholster somehow scales from its likeness, then...).

AP doesn't hurt but neither does Danmaku. As far as actual "skill" goes I'd hand it to the Cyberdemon since Beholster doesn't really focus attacks at all and rather pulls the trigger in the general direction of his enemies.

Mobility of the Beholster is incredibly low. It tends to move only slightly and instead just clusterfucks the screen.

All in all, I vote Cyberdemon as well- if Beholster was at less of an AP disadvantage, maybe things would be different.

Cyberdemon: 5 (PixelKirby, Wokistan, MrKingOfNegativity, AnonymousBlank, MrBambu)

Cyberdemon FRA

Cyberdemon: 6 (PixelKirby, Wokistan, MrKingOfNegativity, AnonymousBlank, MrBambu, Drite)

Voting now since i am going to sleep, good luck on the brackets guys, and keep track of the votes ma boi Dargoo. Regarding the Starscream match, i am almost sure that he AP stomps spidy, but if he don't, please wait for my input on that thread

Cyberdemon: 7 (PixelKirby, Wokistan, MrKingOfNegativity, AnonymousBlank, MrBambu, Drite, DarkDragonMedeus)

Beholster:

Cyberdemon: 8 (PixelKirby, Wokistan, MrKingOfNegativity, AnonymousBlank, MrBambu, Drite, DarkDragonMedeus, PsychoMaster)

...oh, those times! Jack VS Po and Pyrrha VS Needles... some of the most intense sidings of fates...

Beholster:

Cyberdemon: 12 (PixelKirby, Wokistan, MrKingOfNegativity, AnonymousBlank, MrBambu, Drite, DarkDragonMedeus, PsychoMaster, Iapitus, Crimson Azatoth, Firephoenixearl, Kazumakuwabara)

Quite the overkill, we can already proceed Dargoo

(Dargoo's probably asleep)

The first round of the High 8-C Brackets ended in less than a hour and people were still voting when the next match was already created, talking about beating a dead horse

Lel ikr. Why do we have to wait for 1 round to end though? Can't we have 4 matches at the same time? Like a whole block, since they don't rely on each-other (example Kamome vs Void Knight won't be affected by the results of this match) so why wait?

More attention funneling into matches if you follow a singular purpose (a single match).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back