• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
GyroNutz said:
Where the hell does Ouma one-shot coming from? The gap is way less than 2x
Wind manip and sword. He can make his sword shaper by manipulating air, and with that it's just easy 1 shots (maybe not death, but definitely significant damage, possibly even momentarily crippling him).

And he can do all these from a range and Ouma's strikes are invisible due to being air waves.

So basically:

Ouma's barrier is by Kai's standards indestructible due to reforming if hit so if 1 hit doesn't bypass it, 1000 hits won't either. Same for his jombies.

Air barrier will also prevent pushing staggering, chain wrap and literally anything that Kai needs to do stuff to Ouma. So swords come around Ouma, he just pushes them with wind (fujin kekkai style)

Ouma also has invisibility through Air Manip.

So back to my point, what can Kai do here? It's either insanely decisive for Ouma or a stomp.

Piercing damage cannot turn a hit from someone just below your AP into a one-shot, especially against someone with immortality type 2. Ouma's air slashes are nigh-invisible, not fully invisible due to being air, as stated by the rakudai wiki. Also Kai has extrasensory + enhanced senses.

Air Barriers do not prevent staggering or chain wrap as I've stated above. Air is not some non-physical thing; it behaves like any other body, just that in most cases it has very low density which is apparently not the case here. Chains wrap around Ouma, compresses the wind around Ouma forcing Ouma to need to break out, which gives Kai time to absorb and/or jade.

He can absorb.

"just below your AP"

Ouma is 2x as strong even in base

ESP is useless on air, same for enhanced senses unless he has shown to notice air moving. Since he hasn't it's useless. And it's not "invisible" as much as it is "transparent".

They do prevent staggering, or more like Kai cannot do something to stagger him.

And about the chain wrap. Absolutely and utterly false. Air is not "like any other body", it's gas, gas cannot be compressed unless it's in a closed space since it doesn't have a form, it's not "like any other body" cus it doesn't have a body, it's not non-physical, it's non-corporeal. So no wrapping chains around air doesn't restrict air, idk what physics classes you took, but the one i took didn't teach me "you can tie up air with chains".

Chains won't even be able to wrap around Ouma due to Fujjin Kekkai which he uses as a defensive tool whenever something is thrown at him. And i absolutely love how you make it sound like "kai throws his swords first thing in the fight and if he throws his swords it's game over"...no they have travel time they will never reach ouma cus air is MUCH faster.

Absorption can literally stop by ouma flexing. Kai needs to "restrict" his opponent for it to work and "it needs physical contact". Compressing the air doesn't restrict Ouma, Stella Vermillio tried, he didn't budge from the "compressing the air" with her 3k degrees sword. And even if Absorption manages to go off for a sec before Ouma flexes the swords away. You think he will let it happen again? Next time kai tries to use the swords he'll just release the wind barrier to 1 shot every jombie and blitz kai and playing football with him.

So back to absorption even if we assume it will happen once, as you said Ouma flexing will do the job, there won't be a second chance. Again if we "assume" it will happen, tying up non-corporeal things like gasses to restrict corporeal bodies that can manipulate said air with thoughts is iffy at best...unless you're gonna start arguing that Kai's absorption will happen faster then Ouma thinking to get out.

It probably could, actually. There have been cases of small children accidentally (or otherwise) killing adults with knives and such. Lot of force on a small area will do work.

Generally, two character of the same AP could one-shot each other with bladed weapons (assuming they known how to use the weapon and strike a vital area), unless they are made of slime-like material or have dermal armor.

That doesn't mean that Kai is unable to parry or block, and in Kung Fu Panda warriors are pretty good doing it so.

Antoniofer said:
That doesn't mean that Kai is unable to parry or block, and in Kung Fu Panda warriors are pretty good doing it so.
Ouma as we said above has comparable skill and ouma still has ranged air strikes which he uses as a first move in character.

Though generally speaking if ouma gets on cqc he'll have an overwhelming advantage due to insane lifting strength, AP and grappling moves.

Firephoenixearl said:
Absorption can literally stop by ouma flexing. Kai needs to "restrict" his opponent for it to work and "it needs physical contact".
Did you even look at the videos I linked? Kai doesn't need to restrict his opponents to jade them, see when he jades Viper, Monkey, Chicken, Croc and Bear. All he needs is to touch them

He doesn't even really need to touch them, he just needs to be in a somewhat close proximity.

Did you even look at the videos I linked? Kai doesn't need to restrict his opponents to jade them, see when he jades Viper, Monkey, Chicken, Croc and Bear. All he needs is to touch them

Oh i see. So that's why he tied oogway up. As a form of touching. I see. Welp rip absorption then. Kai can't touch ouma cus barrier.

Also flexing won't get rid of the chains, don't twist my words. Ouma would need to put effort into dispersing the chains given that they're close in AP. If Kai starts to absorb, then part of Ouma will be jaded, and he's not gonna blitz anyone with transmutated legs. Reminder that Kai's AP isn't 52 tons, it's >>> 52 tons. As in, likely closer to 100 tons than 52.

Dargoo Faust said:
He doesn't even really need to touch them, he just needs to be in a somewhat close proximity.
Not only can ouma end the fight from the distance (1 or 2 vacuum slashes will be enough) but in cqc ap and lifting strength will really come into play. I heavily doubt kai will be able to do his fancy hand waves when there is a guy with class m lifting strength grabbing and smashing him around.

Ouma's lifting strength is >>> baseline class M, or over 1000 tons. Kai's feat is further into Class M than that. He comes out on top in any grapples.

The AP advantage really isn't much.

GyroNutz said:
Ouma's lifting strength is >>> baseline class M, or over 1000 tons. Kai's feat is further into Class M than that. He comes out on top in any grapples.

The AP advantage really isn't much.
That's without stat amp for ouma though I'll run the numbers tomorrow for how far into class m ouma is.

GyroNutz said:
Also flexing won't get rid of the chains, don't twist my words. Ouma would need to put effort into dispersing the chains given that they're close in AP. If Kai starts to absorb, then part of Ouma will be jaded, and he's not gonna blitz anyone with transmutated legs. Reminder that Kai's AP isn't 52 tons, it's >>> 52 tons. As in, likely closer to 100 tons than 52.
Wind manip will protect him from the swords. Fireballs were unable to reach ouma without getting wind maniped into nothingness. What makes these swords so special? Oh yes the fact that the swords are not as fast.

Also invisibility.

Fireballs which have no real structure and are easily dispersed compared to solid chains? Speed hardly matters given that it's equal and that being able to protect against fast projectiles does not give Ouma a defence to chains wrapped around him from all directions. The wind armour is a barrier, not some passive omnidirectional attack.

ESP allows Kai to sense Ouma if he turns invisible.

Firephoenixearl said:
Put some emphasis there. Also mantis. Ouma >>> his verse and you're giving me a feat of mantis getting jaded.

Back to my point kai literally cannot meaningfully tire ouma. The dude has stupid levels of stamina. Ouma will really not be exerting much fighting someone like kai who cannot even touch him.
No need to put emphasis there. That was a lead attack, Mantis was not tired in the slightest there. AP hardly matters against absorption, it matters about chi reserves. The latter comment is completely unnecessary and also untrue.

Does Ouma have any form of flight/psuedo flight?

GyroNutz said:
Fireballs which have no real structure and are easily dispersed compared to solid chains? Speed hardly matters given that it's equal and that being able to protect against fast projectiles does not give Ouma a defence to chains wrapped around him from all directions. The wind armour is a barrier, not some passive omnidirectional attack.
ESP allows Kai to sense Ouma if he turns invisible.
Chains are not from all directions idk where you got that from. The swords will be thrown at ouma and they will then wrap around him (basic physics). Wind is enough to redirect the sword. Also "fireballs which have no real structure" you do know that said fire was at least 8-A and around 976 tons and Ouma redirected it (obviously he used more magic than he's allowed to use in this fight, but if he can redirect that with comparable AP, with 2x ap advantage he will fling the swords into space.

Fair point.

GyroNutz said:
No need to put emphasis there. That was a lead attack, Mantis was not tired in the slightest there. AP hardly matters against absorption, it matters about chi reserves. The latter comment is completely unnecessary and also untrue.

Does Ouma have any form of flight/psuedo flight?
Yes there is actually, because as we explained Ouma has a TON of power that Kai needs to absorb. And he still needs to be close.

Virtually. He has range that works just fine. His wind manip range is at least 50 meters in range (likely far more but eh), so no matter what Kai tries to do Ouma will be able to reach him. Which is why im saying throwing his swords won't do a thing cus wind manip with 98 tons of force will take care of it.

Also the "restricting by chaining the armor" only works if said armor limits Ouma's movements (as in it stands in the way), which is not the case, as Ouma just feels the weight doesn't really restrict his movement like a coat or chain mail.

Not to mention that the chains will just disperse some of the air in the armor (since as i said, it's literal air, not magical so that it can be grabbed), not compress it.

Btw about the "chains won't break that easily"....Kai himself broke the chains by flexing, broke as in violently fragmentated the chain to pieces, imagine how hard it would be for someone far stronger than Kai who also has a barrier that can push away 98 ton attacks to break it in 2...

Also absorbing too much energy will kill kai so let's not forget that when counting in how much energy kai will have to absorb to drain Ouma.

5 posts in a row?? Edits are a thing my guy.

They do come from all directions. It's not that they spin around the opponent until they've wrapped around their body enough.

Kai doesn't absorb magic, he absorbs chi. In fact, in legends of awesomeness magic has been shown to be something seperate from chi, so verse equal doesn't even cover that.

So he doesn't have psuedo flight? If he gets knocked off the rocks, he'll be left suspended in the air, which makes him a sitting duck. Kai's range is more than 50 metres btw.

Wrapping chains around the armour works because the air armour is bound to his body and like every physical body (air isn't non-corporeal btw lol) it exerts an outward force, meaning it can be pressed against. If the air would disperse to being grabbed like this, then it'd all be dispersed from a punch/hit from Kai meaning that it wouldn't provide any meaningful protection anyway. Which I'm assuming isn't the case.

Kai, after 5-10 seconds of struggling, broke the links in part of the chain to get free. He did not violently fragment the chain (you can literally see the intact chain links fly off as he breaks it) and did not break the whole thing, shown by how he gets dragged by the rest of the chain still attatched to him. It wasn't done easily, fully or by flexing. And like I keep saying, Ouma isn't far stronger than Kai. With Kai's scaling, they're not too many tons away from being equals.

Edit: That also just proves how much stronger Kai has gotten, since Oogway who scaled to 52 tons could not break free of the chains whatsoever.

Safe to say that Ouma's energy isn't nearly as great as the combined chi energy of the Furious Five, Master Shifu, Master Oogway, and all of the other Kung Fu Masters from both the Spirit Realm and the entirety of China, plus all of the pandas in the village who notoriously have high chi reserves that he was planning to drain without any reprocussions.

Yeah my bad on that. xD

The sword isn't omnidirectional, just fling the sword away like Oogway did and it's easy. Ouma can redirect the sword with his wind, thought based action and pretty in character for him to protect himself from ranged attacks. And Kai's chainwrap is not his most notorious move. He only did that vs the bird cus he was flying away. He does go for the attack first. It also helps that clashing with ouma will break his weapons cus of AP, dura neg and all that.

Ok then. Chi in KFP3 is measured by strength and capability which is why masters have far greater chi and Oogway is a top dog in the whole chi departament (besides Po).

Yes, but it is still air. And im not saying "disperse as in leave his body" , but "move up and down his body height", that's how it works. Let me give you an example. Water is bound by gravity that's why it sticks to earth and doesn't leave, does that actually mean that you can use a chain to wrap up the water? No it doesn't because the water will still engulf the chain and move a little bit (in this case in height cus the volume is increasing), but it none the less stops attacks due to being far denser than air. Same thing here, with too much AP you can bypass the barrier (cus it will get out of the way and won't diminish your full AP due to your AP being capable of working in that density) but it cannot break, cus it isn't bound on Ouma's skin like a literal barrier. That's why im saying, it doesn't restrict his movement but still protects him. If im underwater and you put a chain above me, you won't restrict my movement, i can still move just fine, but at the same time, your chain won't be able to reach me cus in this case the water is MUCH denser than the chain so it will just push it outwards cus physics. Same thing here.

It wasn't really "5-10 secs" it was like 3 secs at most (he wasn't struggling to break the chain most of the 10 seconds you're counting, the only part you can consider struggling is the part when he swings his head, but that could be argued to be just him trying to move outta the way of the dragon rather than trying to break the chain), and only a part of the chain was left, a lot of the chain was completely broken. The ap gap is pretty great actually. Ouma has stat amp, we didn't allow it for his AP only cus it would get him to 8-A, his lifitng strength can still be amped (cus it doesn't go into 8-A me thinks Inb4 dargoo says this ain't fair either), and he has a barrier that can push away 98 ton attacks passively, what good with the chain do? It will get broken as soon as they wrap around Ouma due to the push from the air barrier.

Fair enough. Though Kai already has 90% of what you mentioned, the only thing that he doesn't have is the chi of Po and the other pandas, but ok since Ouma's magic ain't chi it's not as great as that amount of Chi (though do remember that Po had chi to spare after giving it to Kai).

@Fire

I've merged your posts; as a heads up, posting in rapid succession isn't explicitly against the rules (unless it falls under spam), but it is frowned on and can very much be considered spam if done enough.

Oh ok thank you. I'll keep that in mind.

Also I'm arguing an ouma match 8 hours before my math graduation finals...I will excuse this by saying I'm arguing about math and tons and stuff.

Stomps are determined by Discussion Mods/Admins and not necessarily by a vote, iirc.

I don't personally think this is a stomp, although more input would be nice.

Firephoenixearl said:
Ok then. Chi in KFP3 is measured by strength and capability which is why masters have far greater chi and Oogway is a top dog in the whole chi departament (besides Po).
No. Pandas are the most chi-intensive species in KFP, and it is not measured using strength and capability, of which that village has very little of.

All things considered, I am voting for Omua. Both of them have ways to win, but Omua's just seem safer to me

I think the standings are...

Omua:3 (Psychomaster35, Crimson Azoth, Firephoenixearl (presumably))

Kai:1 (GyroNutz (presumably))

Hmm ok but how will the chains deal with the 98 ton passive push from the barrier and supposedly not break?

Or does Kai have other ways to pull absorption off other than kunai with chain (yes im gonna say it like this)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back