• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

8-B Brackets Round 17

Tfw bracket is structured to bump one of your characters early no matter what

I can give general input, but if there's specific questions on either i can answer that as well. I think I'll argue that skull knight wins overall though.

I will note that I've been finding a bunch of stuff he did that's not on the file yet but I don't have the time to revise him rn and am not done. Should I bring that stuff up too?

Wokistan said:
Should I bring that stuff up too?
That would be ideal. I'd rather not disqualify people now that the first set of rounds is done. So long as it doesn't change his previous win, just lay everything out here, please.

Well it's just buffs. I have scans showing some sort of awareness of the flow causality would take that can count as precog, and was rereading everything with skull knight in it a little while back before I got swamped with AP and SAT prep.

But anyways:

• The weapon advantage of the Cyberdemon having a rocket launcher seems to be largely negated by SK's shield. It should be about as durable as Dragonslayer since it's an actual shield, and Dragonslayer took no damage from the 45 ton fire wheel. Therefore the rockets can be directly blocked without too much of a problem.
  • Regen/ressurection helps the Cyberdemon out, but it's to a point. The worst it came back from was having it's core torn from it's fhest, and while it doesn't need that core due to them being in hell, remember that Doomguy was able to keep it down by just obliterating his head. Skully over here consistently defeats Zod who has damaged the Dragonslayer before, putting him above his feat while also having a bladed weapon, so I think he should be able to hurt Cyberdemon enough that it can't just get back up again. Worse comes to worst he cuts through reality or sends it to the void.
  • In terms of skill, this is less clear but I'm gonna have to go skull knight here. Zodd, the guy who effortlessly dominated battlefields on his own as a human for centuries, has never beaten skull knight. He's also much better than guts, who lived through what was supposed to be unsurvivable and has his own extreme feats. The skill knight himself is also very old and as a "fellow sufferer" to guts has doubtlessly been dealing with the same apostle problem as our black swordsman here, and he's able to stand against the God Hand themselves and has been a huge issue for them for a very long time. Cyberdemonnwcales below Doomguy for losing, but I don't know about scaling his skill to the 2016 one.
  • Skull knight has an "I win" button available to him, in the form of the sword of actuation. He can use it to cut through space and teleport, cut through multiple layers of reality with a kilometers long slash, and create a portal that doomed leagues of ogres to the Void, erasing them. The Cyberdemon doesn't really have something comparable he can just pull out ajd annihilate skull knight with.

Wokistan said:
I have scans showing some sort of awareness of the flow causality would take that can count as precog
Could you link them when you can? That doesn't exactly sound like precog.

They're linked on the partly done skull knight rework blog I have but I can post the actual links when I get access to w computer.

Wokistan said:
But anyways:
Skull knight has an "I win" button available to him, in the form of the sword of actuation. He can use it to cut through space and teleport, cut through multiple layers of reality with a kilometers long slash, and create a portal that doomed leagues of ogres to the Void, erasing them. The Cyberdemon doesn't really have something comparable he can just pull out ajd annihilate skull knight with.
Im sorry what?

He doesn't generally pull it out that fast, besides teleportation. He did the real powerful stuff twice. First one was when he and guts were swarmed by an army of ogres individually comparable to guts after guts was exhausted from fighting Slan, so he just cut into the void and let the ogres get sucked. The second time was when he was trying to assassinate Griffith, but he knew and redirected skull Knight's slash to annihilate Ganishka instead which resulted in the merging of the mortal and astral planes.

I mean, he doesn't try snd snipe people with it. The kilometers thing is because Ganishka is absolutely massive. It's still a sword. Can post some pics later, if you want to evaluate.

I am sorta known for submitting really borderline characters to these lol. This was known for his first thread so I guess people were just okay with it.

Rules: No characters with high levels of hax or potent durability negating skills.

Skull Knight: Kilometer wide EE via Spatial Manip and Reality Warp

People: Give seal of approval.

I mean srsly?

It's not that wide, just long or he can make a portal instead.

I'm pretty sure the rationale was that he doesn't really pull that stuff out unless he's being backed into a corner and it has a bit of a wind up. The scans can be seen on a comment I made on the first round of the bracket.

I mean

Broken hax that you use in a pinch is still broken hax.

yeah, saying he would use it in a pinch (and he has precog btw) is not a good answer, it simply means "yeah he would be losing for a while but then he would just win".

Firephoenixearl said:
Don't try to be the nice guy, you argeed to this, shame on you. xD
In all fairness when I accepted Skull Knight I was under the impression his ability was more like Vergil's from DmC where his sword just cuts through things regardless of dura, as opposed to him AoE nuking everything from reality.

I will say I submitted him knowing full well that getting DQed was a distinct possibility, especially with how I'm trying to add sfuff to the file. I don't really care that much myself.

The scans are on the first round, if you want to see it and just for yourselves. If he gets banned one of my characters moves on either way so eh

Dargoo Faust said:
In all fairness when I accepted Skull Knight I was under the impression his ability was more like Vergil's from DmC where his sword just cuts through things regardless of dura, as opposed to him AoE nuking everything from reality.
To be honest that's also broken. I mean a sword that can just cut through anything without regard for AP difference or Durability is a quite potent dura neg ability.

I legit posted pics of the cut in that first thread lol this id your fsult

Firephoenixearl said:
To be honest that's also broken. I mean a sword that can just cut through anything without regard for AP difference or Durability is a quite potent dura neg ability.
But it can still be avoided and beaten without hax and with sufficient skill, which is usually my bar for what kind of hax is allowed.

Skull knight could just come back hsing his sword, so it doesn't help much. That's also not a real ability of the Cyberdemon, the core just exploded and sent them to hell.

I always thought the Actuation slash against Ganisha being KMs long was a result of Femto deflecting it in the first place.

But even if it is the width of the slash is negligible and easy to avoid by sidestepping/jumping so I don't think it is so broken that it should be banned.

I think the bigger issue is the portal as opposed to the cut itself.

It's got range but yeah as others have said. It's likely just an inch or so wide with kilometer length. It CAN be dodged. Whether Cyberdemon is good enough to contend with it is the debate.

So what's gonna happen with this? The BFR vortex seems a bit too broken. I don't think i can name many dudes in this brackets who could possibly deal with Skull Knight and his ability.

Ganishka is several kilometers tall, and SK missing Griffith cut him straight down the middle while merging the astral and material world's.

I think it's more than inches wide judging by the pic, but it's not nearly as long as the length

> EE

ah

yes

this may take awhile again

Wokistan said:
Ganishka is several kilometers tall, and SK missing Griffith cut him straight down the middle while merging the astral and material world's.
I think it's more than inches wide judging by the pic, but it's not nearly as long as the length
Well yes but it seems to pull things inside it.

Not always. It does if he makes a portal, but merging the world's by killing Ganishka didn't exactly suck in Zodd or Griffith who were right there.

I don't even care that much about keeping skull knight in though. Unlike the other guy I expected this to be a lot less contentious and was sorta surprised he didn't get DQed round 1 and decided to just go with it.

On the other hand, we also have the Hunter wjo has pseudo invisibility so who knows.

Back