• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Akira is not gonna be just running, he is gonna be hiding. The first part of DiU was basically spent trying to find him, and a team of some of the smartest stand users couldn't find him on their own and had to call in Joseph whose stand is basically perfectly meant to track RHCP. I do not think a team of jade zombies is gonna be able to find Akira hiding in morioh if the Duwang Gang couldn't

@Iapitus

Alright so he won't just sprint away. That's good.

I think Dargoo should confirm this, but I believe they'll start off being able to see the other fighter, meaning that Kai will see if Akira tries to hide. So Kai summons his jombies, they see him running off to hide and corner him to hit him once.

I think they are at too much of a distance for that to be applicable. He has his stand to divert their attention while he books it and hides. Fighters do not even know what eachother look like when they start

Kai and his summons have never seen a human before, so Akira would definitely stand out like a sore thumb to them. With his enhanced vision, Kai shouldn't have a problem seeing where Akira trails off to as well. I also don't think his stand will be able to divert most of their attentions given that they'll be focused on carrying out Kai's task.

This is definitely one of the more unique fights I've seen here lol

The time is full of humans, so even if his existence may shock them, he won't he the only surprise. Akira is also good at disguises, so he can easily blend in with the other workers at the docks.

Agreed lol

Are people here sort of forgetting 8-B RHCP is a temporary amp that would run out long before it manages to nab Kai and his groupies

To be fair, NYC is going to have a lot more energy to draw on than the quiet town of Morioh did.

Wouldn't that allow him to sustain 8-B for longer?

Iapitus The Impaler said:
Its not that temporary of an amp lol. Josuke only got it shut down earlier because he dumped him in the ocea
Actually no. RHCP claimed he didn't use the ability since it would drain his power source, Morioh's electricity, to zero for a while, and claimed that to sustain himself he would have had to get to the battery from the RC Plane.

So it's very much temporary.

Nothing about that stated it was temporary to any meaningful degree. He did say that the loss of power across the town was temporary, but that does not mean that it is him losing the power is what causes the power to return. Sure, he may not have it for days on end, but for the purposes of this fight, I see no hinting that it has any meaningful time limit. He was saying he would get in the plane to get across the water, as he cannot move across the ocean otherwise for obvious reasons.

Iapitus The Impaler said:
Nothing about that stated it was temporary to any meaningful degree. He did say that the loss of power across the town was temporary, but that does not mean that it is him losing the power is what causes the power to return. Sure, he may not have it for days on end, but for the purposes of this fight, I see no hinting that it has any meaningful time limit. He was saying he would get in the plane to get across the water, as he cannot move across the ocean otherwise for obvious reasons.
Considering he proceeds to claim he would need to recharge on the plane, it seems it would have run out rather fast.

And yeah, if it lasted for any meaningful amount of time he wouldn't have considered draining the town any sort of loss and would have just opened with that and proceeded to donut Josuke and Koichi a-la King Crimson at the start of their fight.

Akira - 10 (TriforcePower1, Iapitus The Impaler, Therefir, Crimson Azoth, Starter Pack, RotofBots, CinnabarManx421, Tactical Nuke, PixelKirby, RebubleUselet)

Kai- 9 (Antoniofer, GyroNutz, Bambu, Litentric, Jacky, Velox, Psychomaster, SSBXeno, Schnee)

Pyrrha vs. Sweet Tooth 2: Literally Electric Boogaloo

Perhaps I am watching a different video than you, because the video you linked only says he is gonna cross the water using the plane. He did not mention anything about using it to recharge at all.

Draining the whole town draws attention to him, which is not something you want if you are trying to pull a mostly stealth operation. Morioh is full of stand users, including those who are not on the side of the Duwang Gang, and are basically nuetral parties in this matter. The last thing he would want to do is piss off every stand user in the town by draining the power of the whole town every fight he gets it. Besides, I am pretty sure it was previously determined that him not one-shotting Josuke was considered an outlier, so we are already in inconsistent teritory with him not just up and fisting both of them

"I just need to fly over there using the RC Plane's battery". I got out of this that he would need to use its electricity to maintain himself alongside just using it to move to Jospeh's location. Perhaps we're just reading into it differently.

He's not talking about drawing attention to himself though; he's talking about draining his power source, which clearly isn't something he'd want to do if the form isn't sustainable. He's basically saying he set a timer for himself to kill Joseph, but is confident with his new power he can roflstomp Josuke and run over there.

I remember seeing somewhere that we assume there's no other humans around in the battlefield, to stop things like Superman's unwillingness to go all out where civilians can get hurt yada yada

RHCP enters batteries, electronics and stuff to travel. He was entering the battery of the plane so he could fly over the sea. He cannot travel long distances without a connection to electricity or his user, so flying over to a boat across the sea is a big no no

He has the plane right there, so he is in no danger of not having a source, since he just needs some kind of battery or wiring system for him to enter. I am also pretty sure Akira carries around a phone anyway as well. I was saying why it isn't a good idea to drain the whole town on a repeated basis. Also, I took the weakness of the entire area not having power as a different weakness than you did. I took it as, He basically trapped himself there, since he needs livewires to travel. He has basically just the plane for him to move, and possibly his phone if he has one. By cutting power from the entire city, he basically burned his escape ship for more power. I guess we interpretted it 2 different ways.

GyroNutz said:
I remember seeing somewhere that we assume there's no other humans around in the battlefield, to stop things like Superman's unwillingness to go all out where civilians can get hurt yada yada
Nah, because i know in Dio brando threads the existence of civilians in the battle field for him to heal himself was used. Also, in some Kumagawa threads, the ability of the 2 enemies to pick eachother out of a crowd of people in central park came up

@Dargoo

RHCP cannot cross the sea to reach the boat, that's why Akira used a RC plane to get him there. Nothing more, nothing less.

I have class in a few minutes, but I can take a look at the manga after that, because maybe that has more context for us to use. If the dialogue is much the same, then it may be some kind of toss up. I'll see y'all in like an hour or 2 give or take

Akira - 10 (TriforcePower1, Iapitus The Impaler, Therefir, Crimson Azoth, Starter Pack, RotofBots, CinnabarManx421, Tactical Nuke, PixelKirby, RebubleUselet)

Kai- 10 (Antoniofer, GyroNutz, Bambu, Litentric, Jacky, Velox, Psychomaster, SSBXeno, Schnee, Drite)

Akira - 11 (TriforcePower1, Iapitus The Impaler, Therefir, Crimson Azoth, Starter Pack, RotofBots, CinnabarManx421, Tactical Nuke, PixelKirby, RebubleUselet, DaBigP)

Kai- 11 (Antoniofer, GyroNutz, Bambu, Litentric, Jacky, Velox, Psychomaster, SSBXeno, Schnee, Drite, Edwardtruong)

Akira - 10 (TriforcePower1, Iapitus The Impaler, Therefir, Crimson Azoth, Starter Pack, CinnabarManx421, Tactical Nuke, PixelKirby, RebubleUselet, DaBigP)

Kai- 13 (Antoniofer, GyroNutz, Bambu, Litentric, Jacky, Velox, Psychomaster, SSBXeno, Schnee, Drite, Edwardtruong, RotofBots, Mr Common Sense)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back