• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

8-B Brackets Round 17

There is no real way to know whether it will pull things in or not though. Seems like a toss up.

Well Ouma and Hunter would both be able to deal with Skull Knight either way, so idc whether he leaves or stays. There are people in the brackets who can borderline stomp SK, so i don't mind. If the others find it unfair then idk.

SK FRA, but does seem a bit unfair.

I mean, if this spatial slicing is so prominent of SK, why weren't brought up in the previous thread? Maybe is not as OP as people think... just maybe. Anyway, if there's no issue with that, I'm going to vote for SK since the Cyberdemon do not seems that different from the average demon from Berserk aside from modern weapons, shouldn't be nothing that SK hasn't dealt before.

Unfortunately for you next match involve two obscure verses. At least, we have a decent amount of votes here in case SK isn't discarded.

About kicking SK, im neutral, but mostly leaning towards not DQ-ing him. Mostly because it's not really that broken or unfair if some of the stronger people in the brackets can borderline stomp him.

Hell even Starscream (Michael Bay) who literally only has AP would win handily because he can just AP crush SK before he goes for the sword (cus as Wok said it's not really an in character move).

@Fire You're right, I've changed my mind, SK should be fine.

Sounds like a good argument.

I'm at work right now so I'll have to post the next round in a couple hours.

I will admit i did overreact to it at the start of the thread cus i didn't expect that kind of ability in the brackets. But then i realized i was underestimating the brackets people a little bit.

kek. I keep on overestimating my available time.

As a heads up I will be swamped for today, tomorrow, and Saturday PST. Come Sunday I can probably post another round.

Hax in a haxless bracket, despite being kinda weird just from the name, in this case should be fine, yeah. Not in-character and can be bypassed easily by non-hax.

SK FRA.

Hmm ok so:

A couple of hours (2 hours) = 11 hours for Dargoo

Dargoo gonna be away for 2-3 days. Hmm.

Welp cya in half a month fam.

Nah see Dargoo's time is funky.

Time gets slower as it approaches a single day but once you bypass that day period it speeds up, Dargoo's gonna have the next round up in an hour or two at most /s

Opening

Welp since we have some time, time to continue the debate here and argue whether SK is fair or not.

SK: Shows his hax.

Earl: Convinces everyone it's fair.

SK: *Evil laugh* Now i can continue the brackets.

Earl: Careful boi. I gave you that right, i can take it away.

Explanatio
So the idea is. Yes it is an extremely OOC move, that's mostly used as a last resort. There are many people in the brackets who can deal with that by crushing him before he pulls it out, that makes it fair. Ok. Now onto why it is NOT fair according to what wok said:

Wokistan said:
I have scans showing some sort of awareness of the flow causality would take that can count as precog.
And as Wok's skull knight profile states:

Causality Awareness: O several occasions, Skull Knight has displayed awareness of the path that the flow of causality will take. This gives him a remarkable degree of foresight, as he seems to already be well aware of the outcomes of all that he does before it actually happens.

Furthermore:

Dargoo Faust said:
Wokistan said:
Should I bring that stuff up too?
That would be ideal. I'd rather not disqualify people now that the first set of rounds is done. So long as it doesn't change his previous win, just lay everything out here, please.
Dargoo said that Wok should bring up the not in the profile stuff.

Now whether this is or is not fair is entirely dependant on how good the precog is. If it is precog like most people have it (i know what my opponent is going to make so i will prepare in advance). It will be far too broken, as the only character that comes to mind right now that could fight him is Ouma Kurogane (for reasons i'd rather not get into rn), but that's not saying much as that guy was almost kicked himself (for different reasons but it's not important here). Even some of the other favorites like Lord (Overgeared) with multiversal invulnerability, may be able to temporarily deal with the EE but the spatial manip still beats him. The Hunter (Monster Hunter) apparently doesn't negg those abilities etc. However if it is very basic precog (idk the mechanics or type) where it doesn't allow him to know exactly what the opponent has, will do and what he should do to win, then it should still be fair.

Conclusion
So all in all it is all dependant on the type of precog Skull Knight has:

• If it is good precog and allows him to know what his opponent will do and what he should do to win. So basically if it allows him to know that he should open up with EE. He should get DQ-ed.
  • If it is really basic precog which won't give him knowledge on what to open up with or what's the best strategy then it's ok.
So basically it depends on whether his precog is good enough to make an OOC (Out Of Character) move an IC (In Character) move.

It isn't terribly ooc in the first place. It's just not something he opens with against people who aren't in the God Hand.

Wokistan said:
It isn't terribly ooc in the first place. It's just not something he opens with against people who aren't in the God Hand.
Yes which means it's not in character to open up with that. So he will only use it as a last resort, which means it's possible to crush him before he EEs you.

Now will that precog make him open up with that?

I have no idea. The precog's not particularly clear as of now, he just seems to have prior knowledge of almost everything that happened. I don't think he knew that Griffith was gonna do whatever he did with his cut though.

tfw you think you're available on Sunday and realize you didn't do chores because of being booked the days previous

Firephoenixearl said:
Hmm ok so:
A couple of hours (2 hours) = 11 hours for Dargoo

Dargoo gonna be away for 2-3 days. Hmm.

Welp cya in half a month fam.
Time for me to say "told you so". Someone give me precog already.

Back