• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
Pretty badass rendition of siegfried and fafnir from the new 348601861447613f0f2fc29b67182e31
The semifinals have arrived, and the winner of these two rounds will progress to the final round.
Current Standings (A "-1" indicates a fighter was disqualified for whatever reasons)

The combatants for this round are Gildedguy, submitted by WeeklyBattles, and Archer (EMIYA Alter), submitted by Iapitus the Impaler.

7-A Gildedguy used. Speed is equal. Battle takes place in the SBA location of Central Park, however it's from the awesome documentary series Life After People, 20 meters apart.

Gildedguy scales well above 312 MT, Archer scales above 385 Megatons

Theme song of Gildedguy Theme song of EMIYA Alter
Archer (EMIYA Alter) - 13 (Tactical, John, Cal, Psycho, Crimson, Paul, Psycho, Iapitus, Anonymous, Monarch, Fate, Dragon, Beast)

Gildedguy - 2 (Weekly, Jack)

Incon -

IMG 0841
Fantastic art by Zark2099

Pucci shoots GG a few times, the armor heals. GG charges Archer down, gets shot by Buidhe, Bolg and Harpe, he bleeds out.

Can archer even hurt GG? GG scales to oneshotting someone almost as strong as archer and his Reactive power level will quickly make him vastly stronger than that

Alright. They go at it a while until Golden Boi actually starts to be a physical threat that surpasses him at which point EMIYA uses his NP. It will probably miss a time or two, but he will hit eventually and win. They are close enough in AP that I think it isnt a stomp. His Regenerationn of his armor gets stopped by his various NP they negate healing. For these reasons I vote for Archer

Archer should scale decently above the 382 megaton feat, so yeah, he should be able to harm Gildedguy, especially given he uses projectile piercing weapons.

He should also be able to trace/project Gildedguy's weapons, which most certainly would be able to harm Gildedguy.

@Iapitus You do know GG canonically oneshots and takes no damage from people just barely weaker than archer right?

WeeklyBattles said:
@Iapitus You do know GG canonically oneshots and takes no damage from people just barely weaker than archer right?
Archer scales above the feat, not to the feat. He should be capable of harming Gildedguy with difficulty. Also piercing damage.

Again he can project Gildedguy's weapons.

WeeklyBattles said:
Can archer even hurt GG? GG scales to oneshotting someone almost as strong as archer and his Reactive power level will quickly make him vastly stronger than that
EMIYA scales from fighting A demon God pillar and one of the sakura five, which can stomp people on his given tier that he scales from.

Also, even if he cant hurt him otherwise, he can use black keys and spiral sword to harm him. Once he is injured he can abuse piercing damage and fire his NP.

@Dargoo Most rhg characters use piercing weapons that dont automatically go through gg's armor

Why would tracing his weapon harm gg? His weapon isnt stronger than he is

Archer can trace weapons more powerful than his own AP.

Gildedguy's weapon should have the same AP as the owner otherwise it would break every time he uses it.

WeeklyBattles said:
Archer scales from fighting people who stomp people on the tier they are fighting, so all this says is GG is probably a bit stronger than Archer. Archer has black keys and spiral sword spam if all else fails

AnonymousBlank said:
Tracing the weapon also traces the users strength to wiled it. Archer basically hits as hard as GG does at that point.
Shit you right. I forgot about this lol. It's so rare that UBW or ULW power copying actually comes up in a match

Yes but unlike gg his weapon isnt what inherently has the Reactive power level. Archer would get a sword but gg would keep getting stronger

If the sword didn't go up in power with Gildedguy then it would have broken when he used it.

As AnonymousBlank said Archer also traces Gildedguy's strength whenever he traces his weapon.

Good, so he doesn't just copy gg. He has to actually fight him. If EMIYA realizes how much of a threat GG is becoming then he will use his NP and win

It has high durability it's ap doesn't change.

Yes so he'd trace gg's current strength not his constantly increasing strength

Does Unlimited Lost Work need to contact flesh/the body to activate or does it do that through armor too?

I mean he used it on a meteor so I guess it works on inanimate objects too.

It's affected armoured characters before, but I'm not sure it would work if it only hit the armour, as it might just the bullet being able to penetrate the armour.

Also Demiya traces GG's swords GG

Dargoo Faust said:
Does Unlimited Lost Work need to contact flesh/the body to activate or does it do that through armor too?
I mean he used it on a meteor so I guess it works on inanimate objects too.
He just needs to get it inside the target in some capacity to my understanding

Just saying, if GG realizes his copying, he's not exactly afraid to go fisticuffs. He fought Jade without his sword for the entire fight up until the final blow and resorted to swinging at Bog.

Also Emiya shoots him in the face GG.

WeeklyBattles said:
Okay then it likely wouldn't be able to do much to gg if archer waits too long to use it
Nah, the bullet itself does low damage and is mostly based on piercing. If his durability gets too high he can also use his spiral sword to do damage and then fire his bullet when he is already wounded

@Iapitus Yes but he'd have to basically use it immediately or gg's armor will become too durable for him to shoot through

GG's armor getting stronger as the battle goes on does present a problem for Pucci.

Also want to point out that GG starts off with a decent AP advantage and can go to town at the beggining of the fight, before Archer projects his weapon.

If Archer's NP requires the bullet to go inside of the target, then if it isn't used fast GG's amping may prevent it from going through, assuming Archer doesn't repeatedly project GG's weapon as the fight ensues, which IDK if he does something like that in character.

This is every bit as disputed as I expected it to be.

To quote from the previous thread: I am now a FRA in wait reading the arguments to see who to side with.

Hasn't GG fought people who can use firearms and have skills comparable to EMIYA? It's not like he's just going to let the bullet hit him (unless it's a homing attack, in which case nevermind).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back