• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or he could literally just aoe sword slash the entire battlefield to make it an open area devoid of shadows

WeeklyBattles said:
@Iapitus Has Archer ever actually used Black Keys?
No, because his targets are not the kind that black keys would be effective against. He has access to every sword he has seen, so it is confirmed that all versions of EMIYA have access to them

I'm not aware of a single version of Human or Servant Shirou who has projected Black Keys.

Like I'd imagine Shirou would have done something like that in his many fights with Kirei.

So again, he's never used Black Keys so it shouldnt be assumed he would use them here

And even if he does use them Gilded can make it so there are no shadows for him to be pinned to

Dargoo Faust said:
I'm not aware of a single version of Human or Servant Shirou who has projected Black Keys.
Like I'd imagine Shirou would have done something like that in his many fights with Kirei.
Shirou despises them because they remind him of Kirei. They don't fit the conventional emiya's fighting style, so he wouldnt spawn them. Alter has neither restriction tho

Why the hell would you use black keys against a church executioner?

WeeklyBattles said:
So again, he's never used Black Keys so it shouldnt be assumed he would use them here
And even if he does use them Gilded can make it so there are no shadows for him to be pinned to
Because he fights targets that they don't work against usually. Archers character is literally to do what would win, so it makes perfect sense for him to use the poster child of swords in the nasuverse if it helped him

Useful if he has Intel. Once he is pinned the shadow ain't going away, since he has pinned his soul

Shirou only fought Kirei twice, and in both fights Kirei did not use Black Keys. In one of them Shirou would've been killed if he took the time to project anything. I dunno if EMIYA Alter would have them, either, his backstory is different.

Anyways, EMIYA Alter has durability negating weapons like Caladbolg II, weapons that the original EMIYA isn't exactly reluctant to use.

Actually, nevermind.

Shirou projects and reinforces black keys in the Heaven's Feel route.

That said EMIYA Alter is from a different timeline so eh.

You telling me that a member of the counter force never ran into a member of the burial agency at any point in his carrier? With the amount of noble Phantasms he has picked up, there is no way in hell he didnt run into a black key at least once. Hell, he has killed church members before

Yeah, this is the main point really. Whether they are black keys or something else, the point is high durability isnt really an issue.

Caladbolg II hitting is pretty likely given that it warping space makes it harder to dodge. It also covers a wide area; even when Archer intentionally missed by a wide margin, it shattered Medea's barrier and ripped open a chunk in her torso. Hrunting homes, too.

Dargoo Faust said:
Actually, nevermind.
Shirou projects and reinforces black keys in the Heaven's Feel route.

That said EMIYA Alter is from a different timeline so eh.
Fundamentally the same dude tho. We can add black keys just by virtue of them pulling from basically the same pool

He'd have to lead with Caldbolg immediately otherwise GG will be too durable for him to damage

What does Hrunting do?

Hrunting doesn't ignore durability, but it's quite a bit stronger than EMIYA Alter's normal attacks and it homes in on targets. He can also use it multiple times in succession.

""...Is this a special weapon of the Church? I feel magical energy from it."
"It is called a Black Key. It is not magic, but sacrament.
It is our exclusive right, used to fight spirits. If you use your magic on that sword, it should be of some use, even against a Servant."
That's if I can hit them with it, he adds."

"――――I'm sent flying.
All it took was one blow.
The Black Key, which I strengthened to be as strong as diamond, is bent like melted candy. "

Just to establish EMIYA has acess to black keys assuming Heaven's Feel happened in his timeline.

WeeklyBattles said:
He'd have to lead with Caldbolg immediately otherwise GG will be too durable for him to damage
What does Hrunting do?
Caldabolg bypasses durability, bends Space, and rends flesh. His durability doesnt matter

Homes basically until it lands. And he can spam the hell out of it

Caladbolg ignores durability, Weekly. It's also stronger than his regular attacks anyways.

@Prom Unless he's leading with these things immediately Gildedguy will become too durable for those to have any major effect

Why are we talking about durability on a weapon that ignores it? It spirals space. He ain't gonna "tank" having the space he inhabits bent and ripping his flesh apart

I wasn't aware EMIYA can use Caldbolg's space powers. Can't he only fire it as a broken phantasm; I.E. he doesn't have acess to its full powers?

Caladbolg II IS the one with space powers, not the original Caladbolg, and it has those properties when used as a Broken Phantasm.

Caladbolg II is a modified version of the original Caladbolg used by EMIYA. It can warp space when he fires it. Hrunting is a modified version of Beowulf's Hrunting that homes in on targets when fired.

Not at a close range, no.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back