• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

๐Ÿจ-๐ต ๐’ฏ๐‘œ๐“Š๐“‡๐“ƒ๐’ถ๐“‚๐‘’๐“ƒ๐“‰: ๐’ฒ๐‘œ๐“‡๐“๐’น ๐’ช๐’ป ๐‘€๐’ถ๐‘”๐’พ๐’ธ. ๐‘€๐’ถ๐“€๐‘œ๐“‰๐‘œ ๐‘€๐’พ๐“‰๐“ˆ๐“Š๐“‚๐’พ ๐“‹๐“ˆ ๐’Ÿ๐‘œ๐’ธ๐“‰๐‘œ๐“‡ ๐’Ÿ๐‘œ๐‘œ๐“‚ (0-0-0)

He also resist that. he doesn't always start off with full range field also it allows him to move undetected. Anyway none of them resist fear aura so they get paralyzed then frozen.
Where does it say he resist having his soul drained? Has this fear aura at least effected people on Makoto's level, I don't see why its gonna work on someone almost 7x stronger than him.

Where does it say he resist having his soul drained? Has this fear aura at least effected people on Makoto's level, I don't see why its gonna work on someone almost 7x stronger than him.
I mean really it basically is 7x with how Doom manhandled Tony and Rody and the other ring guy

It worked on those stronger than himself like mio and other enemies that are over 9x stronger than him
I mean really it basically is 7x with how Doom manhandled Tony and Rody and the other ring guy

How? What feat/explanation

Also not a problem with stats amp and debuff(4x though)

Just got ignored. Iโ€™ll wait for YungMaziโ€™s reply
My apologies he resist magic attacks from other enemies like that skeleton guy that had passive death hax and other magic and status effects he even says it himself of course he isn't immune to magic but its still resistance.

โ€œWeaknesses: Using field, Makoto cannot heal himself. Also when applying attributes which directly effect his opponent, such as Statistics Reduction, it also effects him.โ€

Looks interesting.

โ€œWeaknesses: Using field, Makoto cannot heal himself. Also when applying attributes which directly effect his opponent, such as Statistics Reduction, it also effects him.โ€

Looks interesting.
So, wait, that's not even a buff at that point. They both stay at the same level, just weaker?

Looks interesting.
Statistics reduction affects him while in field but if he does it to a person outside the field it won't affect him.

Recommendation, ignore speedster, you all already know how he is and he don't actually know about the series.

Regarding the resistances, having a bit mana pool in verse just give resistances to magic in general, to explain there is this analogy: if a bucket full of poison is throw in a small puddle the puddle will be contaminated, however if said bucket is instead throw in the ocean the ocean will be fine because is a body of mass so massive that such small thing is insignificant to it (is essentially speaking the same reasoning of why people with large sizes get resistance to various things). Now, in verse Makoto mana pool is so absurdly big that the mana pool of several gods would be needed together to compare to it, so that's why his resistances are above the rest of the verse.

Regarding Saikai/the field, think of it like an area were he change the laws of things, so for example if he change the laws to "magic is not allowed" then no one inside the area would be able to use magic, including him. He can freely manipulate its size and use it with different purposes, like buff himself (specifically just him), detect things, increase recovery speed, heal, block actions/null things, etc., There really is not limit to its versatility, reason to why for example in this case against Doom he could use it to restrict the use of technology or even flight if he so wanted.

Recommendation, ignore speedster, you all already know how he is and he don't actually know about the series.

Regarding the resistances, having a bit mana pool in verse just give resistances to magic in general, to explain there is this analogy: if a bucket full of poison is throw in a small puddle the puddle will be contaminated, however if said bucket is instead throw in the ocean the ocean will be fine because is a body of mass so massive that such small thing is insignificant to it (is essentially speaking the same reasoning of why people with large sizes get resistance to various things). Now, in verse Makoto mana pool is so absurdly big that the mana pool of several gods would be needed together to compare to it, so that's why his resistances are above the rest of the verse.

Regarding Saikai/the field, think of it like an area were he change the laws of things, so for example if he change the laws to "magic is not allowed" then no one inside the area would be able to use magic, including him. He can freely manipulate its size and use it with different purposes, like buff himself (specifically just him), detect things, increase recovery speed, heal, block actions/null things, etc., There really is not limit to its versatility, reason to why for example in this case against Doom he could use it to restrict the use of technology or even flight if he so wanted.
I am offended I actually finished the anime here Anyway thanks for the info but I am still offended by that statement. Normally I would report this but it would probably be overlooked anyway so I won't.

Now, in verse Makoto mana pool is so absurdly big that the mana pool of several gods would be needed together to compare to it, so that's why his resistances are above the rest of the verse.
How is this measured in verse? Just statements or something more?

Sounds extremely broken for this tournament I won't lie. He can notice someone isn't using magic and just nullify that such as tech or flight.

Sounds extremely broken for this tournament I won't lie. He can notice someone isn't using magic and just nullify that such as tech or flight.
It's limited and it also affects himself so he needs to be careful.
Didn't he already answer that?

Constantly might I add as said before
The doubling of his magic power is not something he can just do in the middle of battle. Is via his specific application of bow training which involves an absurd amount of concetration and the spreading of his consciousness... So basically, it's not combat applicable, even though he can definitely do it repeatedly.
Hey do you know how Makotoโ€™s resistances to magic are gotten?
It's exactly what Expect said.

Having mana gives you magic resistance, the bigger the mana pool the better resistance.
Level could also be a measurement of your own magic relative to yourself, but someone at level 50 can have a mana pool that surpasses level 500 via just naturally having more mana.

So it's a combination of statements, level, and showing. But mostly statements.

Can we stop arguing and just state each characters win cons? TBH Makoto wins more often then not but that's just my take.
The doubling of his magic power is not something he can just do in the middle of battle. Is via his specific application of bow training which involves an absurd amount of concetration and the spreading of his consciousness... So basically, it's not combat applicable, even though he can definitely do it repeatedly.
In the anime he amped his magic with his field in like a couple seconds episode 12

It's limited and it also affects himself so he needs to be careful.
No, if someone has hax that Makoto doesn't have then he can simply null it and still be able to use his own magic.

Level could also be a measurement of your own magic relative to yourself, but someone at level 50 can have a mana pool that surpasses level 500 via just naturally having more mana.

So it's a combination of statements, level, and showing. But mostly statements.
If it's based on simply having more mana how would this compare to other characters mana pool in their verse? Cuz I can easily say my character has a lot of mana too, so the resistances won't work.

Can we stop arguing and just state each characters win cons? TBH Makoto wins more often then not but that's just my take.
Can we stop arguing.... The match is meant for us to get to the bottom of who can win and what are the mechanics of one another's hax, so no we can't stop arguing

THANK YOU

No, if someone has hax that Makoto doesn't have then he can simply null it and still be able to use his own magic.

If it's based on simply having more mana how would this compare to other characters mana pool in their verse? Cuz I can easily say my character has a lot of mana too, so the resistances won't work.
Possibly, doubtful just the first few episode they thought his magic was off the charts and he was just level 1 that's crazy and it just keeps increasing throughout the series.

God damn why is it so hard to debate against these characters when the people who submit them won't mention these things...

That's... not how that works?

"having a big mana pool in verse just gives resistances to magic in general"

I wonder if there is technology in his verse. Or if everything is done by magic. Then he wouldnโ€™t even know if he is using magic or not. He would probably just assume itโ€™s a special kind of magic.

I wonder if there is technology in his verse. Or if everything is done by magic. Then he wouldnโ€™t even know if he is using magic or not. He would probably just assume itโ€™s a special kind of magic.
He comes from modern Japan.

In the fantasy world he currently lives in there's not really much technology though.