• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

๐Ÿจ-๐ต ๐’ฏ๐‘œ๐“Š๐“‡๐“ƒ๐’ถ๐“‚๐‘’๐“ƒ๐“‰: ๐’ฒ๐‘œ๐“‡๐“๐’น ๐’ช๐’ป ๐‘€๐’ถ๐‘”๐’พ๐’ธ. ๐‘€๐’ถ๐“€๐‘œ๐“‰๐‘œ ๐‘€๐’พ๐“‰๐“ˆ๐“Š๐“‚๐’พ ๐“‹๐“ˆ ๐’Ÿ๐‘œ๐’ธ๐“‰๐‘œ๐“‡ ๐’Ÿ๐‘œ๐‘œ๐“‚ (0-0-0)

Yeah, but that doesn't mean other characters outside the verse now have the same resistance and bypassing abilities.
Unless the mechanics are so complex as to not allow this from being replicated, idk why it isn't okay to assume so. That is like saying a basic property of mana that majority of magic verses tend to show case, such as characters having such immense mana that magic abilities can simply be shrugged off due to the overwhelming amount of mana the character has. That is in essence what Makoto has, so much mana that he's able to resist magic abilities.

Recommendation, ignore speedster, you all already know how he is and he don't actually know about the series.

Regarding the resistances, having a bit mana pool in verse just give resistances to magic in general, to explain there is this analogy: if a bucket full of poison is throw in a small puddle the puddle will be contaminated, however if said bucket is instead throw in the ocean the ocean will be fine because is a body of mass so massive that such small thing is insignificant to it (is essentially speaking the same reasoning of why people with large sizes get resistance to various things). Now, in verse Makoto mana pool is so absurdly big that the mana pool of several gods would be needed together to compare to it, so that's why his resistances are above the rest of the verse.

Regarding Saikai/the field, think of it like an area were he change the laws of things, so for example if he change the laws to "magic is not allowed" then no one inside the area would be able to use magic, including him. He can freely manipulate its size and use it with different purposes, like buff himself (specifically just him), detect things, increase recovery speed, heal, block actions/null things, etc., There really is not limit to its versatility, reason to why for example in this case against Doom he could use it to restrict the use of technology or even flight if he so wanted.

Looks good.

THANK YOU
A pleasure, I just needed to do it seeing the avalanche of speedster comments and that Yung wasn't able to follow his speed badum tss.
"having a big mana pool in verse just gives resistances to magic in general"
Unless the mechanics are so complex as to not allow this from being replicated, idk why it isn't okay to assume so. That is like saying a basic property of mana that majority of magic verses tend to show case, such as characters having such immense mana that magic abilities can simply be shrugged off due to the overwhelming amount of mana the character has. That is in essence what Makoto has, so much mana that he's able to resist magic abilities.
Yes, resistance to them, that don't actually mean that characters outside of the verse would suddenly gain several resistances, that isn't how verse equalization works.
It is also important to note that characters won't lose or gain any abilities or resistances which they do or do not inherently possess.
Additionally even if we go with your route the opponent would need to have the opponent would need some massive amount of mana, like, just very early in the series he already was stated to have the mana pool of thousands or were millions? superior dragons, and that was really early in the story, after that he had a massive increase of mana (mainly via his special training that duplicate his mana pool after each fired arrow), is actually because of his big mana pool that his pocket dimension currently is the size of a universe, so I really doubt that Doom would come even close to the amount of energy this Makoto have unless he have an infinite energy source.

Yes, resistance to them, that don't actually mean that characters outside of the verse would suddenly gain several resistances, that isn't how verse equalization works.
Not the argument.
Additionally even if we go with your route the opponent would need to have the opponent would need some massive amount of mana, like, just very early in the series he already was stated to have the mana pool of thousands or were millions? superior dragons, and that was really early in the story, after that he had a massive increase of mana (mainly via his special training that duplicate his mana pool after each fired arrow), is actually because of his big mana pool that his pocket dimension currently is the size of a universe, so I really doubt that Doom would come even close to the amount of energy this Makoto have unless he have an infinite energy source.
But thanks for this explanation, basically proves how broken his resistance to magic would be. Having such an immense pool of mana he is can just resist mana from several characters in this tournament. Should be removed.

Not the argument.

But thanks for this explanation, basically proves how broken his resistance to magic would be. Having such an immense pool of mana he is can just resist mana from several characters in this tournament. Should be removed.
I think he is exaggerating magic attacks can still work on him he is not immune to magic attacks from other verses.

He comes from modern Japan.

In the fantasy world he currently lives in there's not really much technology though.

Restricting technology is very very broad tbh.
A pleasure, I just needed to do it seeing the avalanche of speedster comments and that Yung wasn't able to follow his speed badum tss.

does he resist AP based spells like a magic fireball superior to his dura? Would that type of magic still damage him?

Cuz based on your explanation earlier, all these seem like status effect spell resistance

Restricting technology is very very broad tbh.

does he resist AP based spells like a magic fireball superior to his dura? Would that type of magic still damage him?

Cuz all these seem like status effect spell resistance
Is broad yeah, however still possible if he notice his opponent use technology, something he could do based on Doom aspect and if he still is able to use his abilities after Makoto restrict the use of magic.

He resist haxs, not AP, he would need to restrict the use of magic to stop something like that.

The field has a a broad scope since when he stops magic it affects anything magic related.

but technology isnโ€™t magic related so using his law manipulation to just end technology in the field is unsupported by the fact that the level of tech isnโ€™t of that world and the fact that technology is a very broad term which encompasses lowest of the low level tech like something as simple as clothes.

but technology isnโ€™t magic related so using his law manipulation to just end technology in the field is unsupported by the fact that the level of tech isnโ€™t of that world and the fact that technology is a very broad term which encompasses lowest of the low level tech like something as simple as clothes.
Itโ€™s actually law manipulation so what he says goes but it also affects himself.

Is broad yeah, however still possible if he notice his opponent use technology, something he could do based on Doom aspect and if he still is able to use his abilities after Makoto restrict the use of magic.

He resist haxs, not AP, he would need to restrict the use of magic to stop something like that.
This basically

I am offended I actually finished the anime here Anyway thanks for the info but I am still offended by that statement. Normally I would report this but it would probably be overlooked anyway so I won't.
Is not to being mean, but even after months of be banned you haven't show to actually improve your behaviour, as evidenced in this tournament (not to mention other threads since I haven't watched them, though I still noticed your spam), so objetively speaking you aren't really contributing to the discussion at hand and instead are making things harder for both sides.

Also, even assuming that you watched the anime that doesn't mean you are knowledgeable in the verse, because the verse is actually a book (a light novel being more specific), so the amount of information that can be transmited in an adaptation is extremely limited, on top of all the changes that could be made in the adaptation, to give a practical example it would be like saying that because someone watched the Harry Potter movies they are knowledgeable of the verse (which isn't true), or to use a close example that those that watched Arifureta anime are knowledgeable of the verse (which isn't true), this mean at most that you have a superficial knowledge of the verse, however even that superficial knowledge would be mostly useless in the debate at hand because the anime only cover Makoto first key, and not even entirely just a part.

So considering those things is that I recommend others to not pay attention to your comments and wait until Yung or me (mostly Yung because he is the one with most scans) explain things.

Is not to being mean, but even after months of be banned you haven't show to actually improve your behaviour, as evidenced in this tournament (not to mention other threads since I haven't watched them, though I still noticed your spam), so objetively speaking you aren't really contributing to the discussion at hand and instead are making things harder for both sides.
Thatโ€™s too many assumptions. I just got a bit carried away with the tournament.

Last edited:
Talking about the match itself and if Makoto should be left outside, I personally could support that, his strength besides, his profile is quite outdated and the verse will get considerable upgrades in a maybe not to far future (reason to why Yung for example isn't much motivated currently in argue for the verse, at least based on what he said in the strongest list), so I don't have a problem with him not participating in the tournament, though if Yung and others consider that he is fine for the tournament then he could continue.

Iโ€™m neutral. His haxes do scratch the boundaries of being too OP. Personally I donโ€™t see him simply ceasing technology that he can not understand.

@Arkenis has expressed dissatisfaction.

Summarize Doomโ€™s potential wincons.
Well, off the top of my head

Before buffs and debuffs can be placed, Doom has, at least, nearly a 7x AP advantage. And with the black ring, it gets even higher, being able to face off against both Extremis Tony and the other ring guy. Basically he can manhandle these character with ease.

He has a class K LS advantage, which should allow him to just fling Makoto around, if he can even touch him

His magic is not actually magic, just some techno wizard bullshit, so its questionable if it can even be negated.

He can summon demons, stronger demons with the black ring, which can interact with the opponents soul to hypnotize and knock them out, though it acts as a grab from a portal.

Doom also can move through his own portals with the black ring, allowing him to enter other dimensions and stuff.

Win cons for makoto are
Fear aura that works on those at least 9x stronger than himself
Aoe freezing
Instants debuff that spawn on target
Summons
Bfr
Telepathy(not a win con but gives an edge which will allow him to understand the technology and negate it with his field.
Attack homing and danmaku
I think thatโ€™s all.

Iโ€™m neutral. His haxes do scratch the boundaries of being too OP. Personally I donโ€™t see him simply ceasing technology that he can not understand.

@Arkenis has expressed dissatisfaction.
Law manipulation is limited and it applies to himself too. Telepathy and memory reading will help him understand and then no more technology thatโ€™s how field works.

He don't really need to understand something to counter it with the field, like we mentioned magic because this is a magical tournament but in verse if he so desire he could also block the use of skills, and skills are something that he absolutely don't understand and isn't somewhat explained until around chapter 250-300 iirc (so considerable advanced in the story, much after this key).

Additionally, he could understand it if he readed his memories or used the field to analyze him (though the information manip isn't listed until his next key so I guess that can't be used).
He can summon demons, stronger demons with the black ring, which can interact with the opponents soul to hypnotize and knock them out, though it acts as a grab from a portal.
He resist both the hypnosis and soul manip.

Okay. Iโ€™m convinced.

So based on the @Arkenis, supporters and my disapproval on the fact that he shouldnโ€™t be in this tourney.

Iโ€™ll move @AnAverageUsername to the next round. Sorry Speedster, I just canโ€™t see how he isnโ€™t overpowered with Law Manipulation.

Sorry Speedster, I just canโ€™t see how he isnโ€™t overpowered with Law Manipulation.
So limited law manipulation is too much then? It literally affects himself too so he is reluctant to use it. Itโ€™s not a one shot hax. I am asking you to reconsider.