• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

๐“ฆ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ต๐“ญ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐“œ๐“ช๐“ฐ๐“ฒ๐“ฌ ๐“•๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ช๐“ต๐“ฎ; ๐“ฃ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ข๐“ฃ๐“ก๐“ž๐“๐“–๐“”๐“ข๐“ฃ ๐Ÿจ-๐ต ๐“œ๐“ช๐“ฐ๐“ฎ: ๐“œ๐“ช๐“ผ๐“ฑ ๐“‘๐“พ๐“ป๐“ท๐“ฎ๐“ญ๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ญ ๐“ฅ๐“ข ๐“›๐“ฎ๐“ข๐“ฑ๐“ช๐”‚ (1-4-0)

I'm talking about projectiles from characters that can ricochet bullet +10 times and shoot something through a needle from 10Km.
The 10 km is more of a range feat, one feels, and I don't really know what a ricochet would be as that'd depend on context, but yeah, the best warriors here can nail a fly's leg to a ceiling from range. Closest analogy I can think off of the top of my head, being fair you're asking me about a few hundred books of information and I don't really tend to respect the skill arguments here on the wiki.

Can we at least scale CR 1/8 to real life soldier, any real life superhuman skill feats between CR 9 and 12 and any feat impossible in real life as higher
This is what I had intended to say, yeah. CR 1/8th represents real-life officers in terms of skill, with CR 3 representing higher-level officers.

The 10 km is more of a range feat, one feels, and I don't really know what a ricochet would be as that'd depend on context, but yeah, the best warriors here can nail a fly's leg to a ceiling from range. Closest analogy I can think off of the top of my head, being fair you're asking me about a few hundred books of information and I don't really tend to respect the skill arguments here on the wiki.
I get it
This is what I had intended to say, yeah. CR 1/8th represents real-life officers in terms of skill, with CR 3 representing higher-level officers.
the problem they are fighting fictional characters with impossible skills.

Last edited:
I get it

the problem they are fighting fictional characters with impossible skills.
I would say that the fly thing is an impossible skill, yes. In fact, as previously mentioned, the level of skill possessed by the LeShay is explicitly impossible.

the best warriors here can nail a fly's leg to a ceiling from range
These being adventurers and such. Not technically "peak skill" for the verse, but probably the most anime feat.

This is a start.

more info: how was the character who did it(inexperienced, blind...), how did he do it and the range?
it was written as flavor text, you'd have to ask the book

From this I get there is no skill feats as regular verses, just that lv 2 is better than lv 1 or something like that.
I... just told you... a skill feat... from the verse...? to the tune of what you're asking for? wha?

So from what I gather here, wouldn't the hax be useless the moment Mash closes his eyes or if LeShay avoids his gaze? Mash can understand ability patterns well if I remember correctly and has figured out goofy but effective ways to combat it fast like when he had to fake levitating a rock and he quickly figured out to pierce it with his finger and lift it physically without anyone noticing or when he fought Poseidon who is made of water by quickly draining him with a bucket.

So from what I gather here, wouldn't the hax be useless the moment Mash closes his eyes or if LeShay avoids his gaze? Mash can understand ability patterns well if I remember correctly and has figured out goofy but effective ways to combat it fast like when he had to fake levitating a rock and he quickly figured out to pierce it with his finger and lift it physically without anyone noticing or when he fought Poseidon who is made of water by quickly draining him with a bucket.
I'd say those are weaker cases, but yes Mash does indeed find goofy ways to outwit opponents hax. Such as when he was in a room fully lit and had to face a creature that drains the lifeforce by touching the target's shadow, Mash simple crouched down in a way where he shadow would disappear before crawling towards the creature, pulling it down with his super breath, and putting it in a choke hold. Or when he decided to run around the entirety of Easton's premises to get behind Cell War and put him into a choke hold, knocking him out instantly. Or the time where he was able to put tartar sauce on Margarette's finger, where with her true power unleashed she could snap her fingers and travel directly at the speed of sound. These are only a few moments that I could think of from the top of my head. If we say Mash has prior knowledge of the charm gaze if it's considered mid level hax, then I wouldn't be surprised if he smashed the ground to pick up rocks to obscure his form before running around the arena and getting to the point where Leshay's gaze isn't on his own. Or using his underground traversal and pulling Leshay underground. Or closing his eyes and fighting with his instincts.

We don't know that Mash can tell such a thing, and I don't know why LeShay would avoid his gaze. People have sorta skirted around this issue for awhile. Like yeah, if his powers tell him actionable intel, so be it. But so far, nothing of the sort has been offered.

We don't know that Mash can tell such a thing, and I don't know why LeShay would avoid his gaze. People have sorta skirted around this issue for awhile. Like yeah, if his powers tell him actionable intel, so be it. But so far, nothing of the sort has been offered.
Nah but like, aren't they both effectively incapacitated by looking at each other? Kinda like looking at a coil head in Lethal Comp.?
LeShay avoids his gaze for one moment and the effect stops right? Or does it last a certain amount of time?

Nah but like, aren't they both effectively incapacitated by looking at each other? Kinda like looking at a coil head in Lethal Comp.?
LeShay avoids his gaze for one moment and the effect stops right? Or does it last a certain amount of time?
No, it's an ongoing effect. Anybody who meets their gaze (passive). This doesn't get into their actual spell variant, but I personally don't think the match gets so far.

also coilhead only incapacitates you if you're bad, just backwards traverse all the way out

What in the literal ****
You didn't ask, man, and I assumed D&D's reputation preceded it.

So Mash has prior knowledge of the charm gaze, giving him a chance to work around it
Alright, so now it depends on whether LeShay can empathic hax him before he can hit LeShay. It's still based on line of sight, that one, but it requires active (thought-based) activation.

Landmine goes brrrrrr
Bracken goes brrrrrr
Can't just stand on 'em anymore, now you need to time it. Much better to use it for Nutcrackers.

So with Mash's feats of dodging while being unable to look in 3 directions, and his instincts warning him of attacks and the power of his opponents, I'd say Mash can very likely strike Leshay once while keeping his line of sight outside out of Leshay's before its too late

Speedster we just went over that the charm gaze isn't exactly a factor anymore
Well no, it actually is. It's just not passive anymore.

I believe I've linked this before, but I'll do it again. This is the specific rules for the gaze. What this means:

• The ability is Supernatural, and thus affected by things like Antimagic Fields.
  • All creatures within 30 feet of the LeShay who see it's eyes are automatically affected by the charm.
  • The LeShay can alternatively actively use the charm ability at the same range as an attack.
  • The LeShay are immune to their own charm gaze.
  • It functions until resisted. In-game, this would mean until you rolled a d20 and surpassed a 53 total roll, after modifiers- a hard ask even for people with hefty saves. On the wiki, we always presume an average roll (the "Take Ten" rule), thus mitigating the RNG game mechanic.
So the LeShay can totally just enter range and incap him. I referred to this a bit ago but didn't think it worth mentioning as a full-on point since, until the OP added that Mash would receive prior knowledge, I didn't think the match even got that far.

Well no, it actually is. It's just not passive anymore.

I believe I've linked this before, but I'll do it again. This is the specific rules for the gaze. What this means:

• The ability is Supernatural, and thus affected by things like Antimagic Fields.
  • All creatures within 30 feet of the LeShay who see it's eyes are automatically affected by the charm.
  • The LeShay can alternatively actively use the charm ability at the same range as an attack.
  • The LeShay are immune to their own charm gaze.
  • It functions until resisted. In-game, this would mean until you rolled a d20 and surpassed a 53 total roll, after modifiers- a hard ask even for people with hefty saves. On the wiki, we always presume an average roll (the "Take Ten" rule), thus mitigating the RNG game mechanic.
So the LeShay can totally just enter range and incap him. I referred to this a bit ago but didn't think it worth mentioning as a full-on point since, until the OP added that Mash would receive prior knowledge, I didn't think the match even got that far.
Ah, I think I missed that, my bad then.
Itโ€™s still mid hax so it can be used.
Yet to use it as a major deciding factor before we get into the meat and potatoes is quite quick to judge

Can we go over actual arguments first? We know Leshay can inflict the charm still without the gaze but how long does that take? And a reminder that any attack from Mash that lands or even so much as grazes Leshay will take her out instantly.
An attack action is anything that requires an active action from the character. Theoretically it could be as long as a weapon swing, but for spells like this that don't require Verbal, Somatic, or Component elements, they are almost always a thought-based ability (or "at will", depending on the edition).

An attack action is anything that requires an active action from the character. Theoretically it could be as long as a weapon swing, but for spells like this that don't require Verbal, Somatic, or Component elements, they are almost always a thought-based ability (or "at will", depending on the edition).
Yes I know that, im talking about how long it would take to set in. Unless you're saying the thought based activation is also as instant as the sight based version.

Even some thought based are not passive because the require thinking.

If LeShay need visual contact then it's not passive.

Even some thought based are not passive because the require thinking.

If LeShay need visual contact then it's not passive.
I'm not sure you understood what I just said. I wasn't arguing it was passive- this ability in particular isn't, what I'm offering you is the range of time it can take to activate. Following trends, it is most likely thought-based, but it would be no longer than the swinging of a weapon.

Yes I know that, im talking about how long it would take to set in. Unless you're saying the thought based activation is also as instant as the sight based version.
Oh. Well that one's easy, the "setting in" is instant.

I'm not sure you understood what I just said. I wasn't arguing it was passive- this ability in particular isn't, what I'm offering you is the range of time it can take to activate. Following trends, it is most likely thought-based, but it would be no longer than the swinging of a weapon.
Ok