• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

4-A for visibly shaking an exact copy of our Milky Way Galaxy / Mario CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Merlight/Super_Mario_Galaxy_feat

Affects some other verses if they have an exact copy of the Milky Way, right down to the Earth's surface looking exactly the same and are described to shake it. Might also mean destroying our local galaxy would be higher joule yield too if you are wanting to destroy those pesky neutron stars and gravitationally unbind them in one explosion :p

The feat Mario did would powerscale to most of the main cast, upgrading them to 4-A.

It'd mean an upgrade for the yield to blow up the Milky Way since the minimum GBE and corresponding value for its surface area taking its GBE into account for neutron stars are more impressive than the Sun's values and they are found at the edge of the Milky Way. Currently we substituted the Sun's values into place for this calc:

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U...ulti-Galaxy_level_with_variables#Galaxy_Level

But we'd need the hard numbers for the minimum GBE neutron star and its surface area which would correspond to also the same neutron star being the lightest mass neutron star so we'd need to wait getting those numbers to actually revise that whole calc.

And it'd mainly just be a matter of plugging the lowest neutron star mass value and corresponding radius, plus its polytropic index into the star GBE formula and plugging that into the calc for that variable with pretty much everything else the same besides the star's surface area which is found with the corresponding radius and the area of a circle formula.

Essentially the shaking calc doesn't affect it at all besides finding the results of the pulsar study and the lowest mass value for a neutron star and applying them. XD

Did a calc using the formula for GBE for a neutron star according to the wall of text above and here's what blowing up our galaxy via inverse square law would yield in joules:

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U...to_blow_up_the_Milky_Way_Galaxy_in_one_attack

Kind of unrelated anyway, since it won't apply to Mario's series characters and might only apply to characters who blow up the entirety of an exact copy of our real life Milky Way.

Pretty much the only characters that wouldn't get the galaxy shaking feat powerscaled to their attack potency would be guys far lesser than Mario like Goombas or fodder characters, who in lore are treated as guys whom Mario can one-shot and literally kill in one stomp attack and are basically no real threat to him.

This sounds like flowery language to me.

And the gif showing the "galaxy-rattling shot", looks more like the camera is jittering up and down to emphasize the punch, not that him punching Bowser is actually affecting the Milky Way.

Also, Bowser's Galaxy Reactor was located at the Center of the Universe - not the Milky Way Galaxy. So why are you using it in your calc?

Anyway, I disagree with the upgrade.

If the only camera was jittering, Mario and Bowser's relative location would be moving along with the background. Their location doesn't so...yeah.

Also I used the Milky-Way because its a statement of how powerful the punch is.

If an author statement says that a character in a setting can bust a town and there is a town in the setting with a radius of 10 km for example I don't know why we wouldn't use that since it meshes with the context.

Merlight said:
If the only camera was jittering, Mario and Bowser's relative location would be moving along with the background. Their location doesn't so...yeah.
Also I used the Milky-Way because its a statement of how powerful the punch is.

If an author statement says that a character in a setting can bust a town and there is a town in the setting with a radius of 10 km for example I don't know why we wouldn't use that.
I am pretty sure they are shaking, it is just that they are moving simultaneously, and thus it is hard to notice.

And the quote just says, "galaxy-rattling shot". It doesn't specify which galaxy, nor the size of said galaxy.

Just because the Milky Way Galaxy exists in the Mario universe, doesn't mean you can use that sized galaxy when they aren't in the Milky Way Galaxy.

Not all galaxies are the same size, and the Milky Way is larger than your average galaxy in terms of size.

Even if you take camera jittering as an actual feat - you can't scale the Milky Way into your calc without proof that the galaxy that they are in is the same size as the Milky Way.

The whole image on the screen, characters included, would shake up and down by the same amount if that were the case with just the camera jittering. They aren't and there is nothing to notice.

The Milky Way can be used because its part of the setting that would have to be taken into account by the 1st person statement by the author of the guide.

Literally no different than Earthshaker from DOTA 2 being stated by a narration quote to be able to flatten at least a single mountain with one shot, its applicable to any biggest mountain in-verse at the time because its an across the board statement in the setting that applies to all known mountains in the setting. No different than the statement here using a very known galaxy in the setting lol.

Nother thing, there isn't a pre-existing galaxy in the center of Mario's verse.

Kind the whole flipping point Bowser states he wants to create one in the center. Like cmon bro.

"Finally! You got here just in time to see the creation of my galaxy in the center of the universe! WATCH AND WEEP! From this galaxy, I'll rule a great galactic empire with Peach by my side. It will last forever!"

It's intergalactic space here:

https://youtu.be/OyC2WQUHEJI?t=22

Not to mention the Mario cast visits Earth's location in other games.

I agree with Warren and Ogbun. "Galaxy-rattling shot" doesn't seem to be literal, it's just a pun to accentuate how hard Mario hit Bowser. Also, why are you using a Prima Guide as canon? I understand it has Nintendo's seal, but so does almost everything they license. It's not as if the Big Green dub is the canon version of Dragon Ball just because it has the licensing rights to it.

The visual with the gif is pretty much showing otherwise.

The Prima Guide states they worked with the devs and its no less canon than other shiz that has IP rights, since its not contradictory.

Like the dub analogy would fit if this was a remake or some shiz.

The gif doesn't show otherwise. Mario, Bowser, the star they're in, and everything in the background all move with the camera. It's less noticeable with Mario and Bowser, as they are much closer, but it is seeable if you look at it frame by frame. I can provide an album for this, if you need.

Also, plenty of licensed things aren't canon. Just because something was made in collaboration with a company and that person has the license doesn't make what they say canon. Prime example of this? FighterZ. Also, Lego Star Wars. And Marvel vs. Capcom. And Disney Infinite. And Kingdom Hearts. And...

Be my guest lol. Far as I can tell they are static in the relative motion. I don't know how to make albums so eh.

Pretty sure all those you listed arent canon because they come from alt universes and the like and contradict that original IP. Its the same canon verse and subject material in this case.

• Frame 1: Mario is winding up his punch to hit Bowser.
  • Frame 2: The camera shifts down, moving the star, Mario, Bowser, and the background upwards relative to hit. Even more key here is that Mario has not hit Bowser yet, meaning it's impossible for this to be the result of his punch.
  • Frame 3: The camera pans upwards again, giving the impression that the star, Mario, Bowser, and the background have all moved down. Key here is that, as last time, Mario has not made contact with Bowser yet. His fist is about to hit him, but he hasn't hit him yet.
  • Frame 4: Mario makes contact with Bowser. Minimal camera movement here, so not much to describe.
  • Skipping a few frames due to the above.
  • Frames 8 and 9: Mario has moved well past making contact with Bowser, and the shaking continues. Key, again, is that Mario is not stationary to the camera. His position shifts with the background, meaning the effect is just camera motion, not a result of Mario's fist.
So, yeah. The shaking happens before Mario hits Bowser, and even afterwards it's provable as just being a camera effect.

The "winding up" part I'm seeing Bowser already getting tagged with a fist and recoiling back and the camera shaking...?

Like, the camera moving would shift the whole image, if it was before the blow, do you have frames before that point showing the background move up and down?

It is the first frame of your gif. Bowser is just flinching against the incoming impact, not recoiling from having been hit. If needed, I can provide the exact frame where Mario makes contact, as a bright flash of light happens when he does.

It is difficult to notice, but look at the trail Mario's hand leaves in those two images you linked. It moves up with the background, meaning Mario is as well.

Have the first and second frames in two separate tabs and then quickly move between them - you will see them move up and down.

The camera is the thing that's moving, not space.

I can't really link the frames I'm talking about since they happen after frame 9 and onward and I can't connect to imgur rn. I can link those but its not really gonna happen atm. If you wanna take a look at those go ahead in the meantime. Maybe that'll change ur guys minds.

I checked every frame in the gif you provided. In all the frames where the background shifts, Mario does as well. I can provide all of these screenshots but... do I really need to?

It's already been shown that the background moves before Mario even hits Bowser. I really don't want to take 20+ screenshots.

I'lldoitmyselfthanos.jpg

Like, the camera is stationary at the point the blow connects. Which I can probs link and help us sort this out.

I know the camera is stationary when the blow connects, I said so in my original post. But the camera was still shaking before it connected, and afterwards Mario was still shaking with it, which means it was the camera moving, not the stars.

Warren Valion said:
Have the first and second frames in two separate tabs and then quickly move between them - you will see them move up and down.
Doing this ^ proves that Podonklos and myself are correct.

Warren Valion said:
Warren Valion said:
Doing this ^ proves that Podonklos and myself are correct.
Here, I made a gif showing Mario after the impact that should do this for you, Merlight. Pay attention to the trail of light around Mario's hands, it shifts with the background.

Ah ok that makes sense. Thanks a ton dude. Rn on a phone so i cant really flip tabs. k i agree we cant use the gif to back up the statement and proba means the calc is based on hyperbole. Prolly could use the calc for Dragon Ball tho.

Hmm......this seems abit hyperbolish for me to consider it legit. I don't think it's enough to justify a calculation for. Sorry....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back