• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I only really care about the DK thing if we used Odyssey's Mushroom Kingdom for the basis of an updated calc for Dark Bowser's feat because I feel that has even less merit than recalcing the Moon Punch using the actual size of the Moon since that's been more consistent.

Beyond that I don't really care.

and discuss the Moon punch in DK, specifically why it is/isn't Moon sized
Do we even have to? It's already been accepted forever that it ain't, if we treated it like a actual moon, it'd be like a Tier 5-A feat, at minimum.

K, because I really think Dark Bowsers calc shouldn't be updated, given that the Mario world is inconsistent in nature, as we currently accept it, the world even becomes paper from time to time, on top of this we have Miyamotos statement that everything changes to fit the narrative of the game, rather than staying the same for the sake of continuity.

Last edited:
Then DK's feat should also be updated because the Moon is consistently treated more like the actual Moon than a miniature one in Mario's Universe while the Mushroom Kingdom can vary greatly.

The moon we see is clearly not Moon sized, it's quite ridiculous to say that it should be redone just because the Moon in Odyssey is bigger, again, given the highly inconsistent nature of the world.

The moon we see is clearly not Moon sized, it's quite ridiculous to say that it should be redone just because the Moon in Odyssey is bigger, again, given the highly inconsistent nature of the world.
Then why are we recalcing Dark Bowser based on that???

Although I do think we should recalc it based on the 3DS version, not sure how different the results would be.

Look man either you gave the time frames and it doesn't work cause im on phone, or you sent just the video in which case, i ain't searching through 20 minutes to find the feat mentioned

In the case that you did send the video with the time frame and it doesn't work for me, please tell me the moment it begins

bowsersinsidetornado.png

DS version showed Toad Town being affected. That is absent from 3DS version.

I believe something could be discussed with the current Goomba Rating

Right now they scale to this Calc, although being a Digging moanuver, it would be overtime and with multiple strikes, which the calc doesn’t take into account

the other listed feat is related to Chain Chomps, which are consistently shown as surperior to Goomba’s

To be fair, regular minions fighting bosses isn't just within the side modes of the RPGs.

Sports and Party games also feature regular fodder having the capability to harm bosses. Fodder can also be equipped with Power Stars and items as well.

Minions ganging up on Bowser and giving him legit trouble is also consistent within BiS's story. Hell, the remake even adds scenes of Monty Moles surviving his fire breath which is consistent with the Goomva Corps special attack

And besides there's other 8-C feats and all Minions are comparable going off of the side modes and spin-offs.

Last edited:
bowsersinsidetornado.png

DS version showed Toad Town being affected. That is absent from 3DS version.
As for this, we do realize calculating based on just the game itself is gonna be hard? Without mapscaling the Toad Town distance literally can't be figured out and other than that we only can assume the range of the storm which I doubt breaks City level

Actually, something interesting to note about the remake is that Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings witness Dark Bowser making the tornado from Bowser's Castle.

On the Map, Peach's Castle and Bowser's are on opposite ends, but it wouldn't make sense for them to be able to spot the castle getting engulfed unless it was pretty close.

So there may be even more reason to doubt the scale of the map.

This was brought up in the thread.

Basically the argument against it is "they don't function like true black holes" and therefore the feat is invalidated.

Though I do think they are shown to spaghettify Mario and are directly acknowledged as black holes. But I guess because some black holes can spit water it means all of them are now invalid.

Yeah, like, consistently within Galaxy there's only one instance of a black hole behaving differently and spitting water. The rest appear to spaghettify Mario, produce Hawking Radiation as seen in Galaxy 2, and if the supermassive one at the end of Galaxy is any indication, can even suck in what looks like light.

A single instance of weird behavior compared to the vast majority shouldn't be enough to discredit it imo but that's up to the people to decide.

Yeah, like, consistently within Galaxy there's only one instance of a black hole behaving differently and spitting water. The rest appear to spaghettify Mario, produce Hawking Radiation as seen in Galaxy 2, and if the supermassive one at the end of Galaxy is any indication, can even suck in what looks like light.

A single instance of weird behavior compared to the vast majority shouldn't be enough to discredit it imo but that's up to the people to decide.
they spit water, they don’t conjoin when near each other, they don’t even suck up objects clearly within there range

one instance of black hole spitting water
they spit water

Bruh did you even read the argument before replying? If you think they spit water then prove that more than one black hole spit water.

they spit water, they don’t conjoin when near each other, they don’t even suck up objects clearly within there range
A single one does that, id love to see any close enough to be conjoined, Light gets eaten and Mario gets spagettified.

Bruh did you even read the argument before replying? If you think they spit water then prove that more than one black hole spit water.
One would be enough as there all the same type of Black Hole, besides, there’s Two of them in the level that contribute to the infinite water spewing

image0.jpg

image1.jpg

A single one does that, id love to see any close enough to be conjoined, Light gets eaten and Mario gets spagettified.
The Calc with the black hole itself has objects clearly in range and should’ve been demolished before Mario gets there

Last edited:
Could just be a gameplay thing. In cutscenes and the entirety of World 6 we can clearly see Mario's black holes function fine enough. The one at rhe end of Galaxy for example eats away ships far from it. It could be a similar case with the galaxies in that gameplay makes them look small and insignificant but we know full-sized galaxies exist and are likely what they're referring to.

Also, do black holes conjoin immediately when next to each other? How long does that process take? We can't even prove their distances from each other based on that screenshot either.

Would like to point out that Mario is never as any point powered by 120 or more, he's never even powered by 1, actually. In Mario 64 the Power Stars are used to restore the castle, in the Galaxy games the Power Stars power the respective space ships.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back