• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

2 new key for Anti Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you find scans that show Post-Flashpoint Anti-Monitor destroying a universe? As usual, I am willing to reevaluate, but need to be convinced.

Well, we do not need renders for every profile, if good backgrounds are included, but images such as the one we were shown above, that include cut off text segments, are usually inappropriate to add.

The first scan is a reference to the first Crisis, not the Anti-Monitor's severely weakened state.

I think that the Darkseid scan is taken out of context, and that the parallel Justice Society universe in question still remained, but I am not sure.

Antvasima said:
The first scan is a reference to the first Crisis, not the Anti-Monitor's severely weakened state.
Evidence that it is weakened? He isn't. He is outright stated to be equal.

And it isn't out of context. Darkseid also destroys whole universes in the storyline.

Well, I just find it strange that the Crime Syndicate of America Earth still remained after the Anti-Monitor had supposedly fed upon their world, and the Darkseid scan is from a different story wherein I do not remember any universe being destroyed.

In addition, the Justice League were able to inconvenience both of them, although they were powered-up at the time.

Elizio33 said:
Wait 52 Darkseid is in fact Low 2-C?
Only during the Darkseid War series, that version do not scale with the previous one that had fight the New 52 Justice League.

Antvasima said:
In addition, the Justice League were able to inconvenience both of them, although they were powered-up at the time.
That happens all the time in any story featuring Cosmic villains like Galactus.

That is true. But again, I would have preferred evidence of both Darkseid and Anti-Monitor having literally destroyed a universe recently, not just figuratively.

Didn't Base A.M tank a 3-C blast? That would lend credibility to universal scale as opposed to merely figurative language.

Yes, the Anti-Monitor obviously had the potential to grow in power to his old stature again, but as mentioned in that scan, all he had done at the time was ravage a planet. That is why I find it questionable to scale him from his old self.

>Can only ravage a planet

>Is repeatedly stated to have consumed multiple universes throughout the story, and was cracking the multiverse

Pick one

Also he had already cracked the fabric of the multiverse.

Matthew Schroeder said:
That happens all the time in any story featuring Cosmic villains like Galactus.
Not exactly, the level of power of his Avatars always vary and is never the same, like with the Post Crisis version.

Antvasima said:
That is true. But again, I would have preferred evidence of both Darkseid and Anti-Monitor having literally destroyed a universe recently.
Wasn't the sole reason why Anti-Monitor was absorbing universes was for prepare himself to battle Darkseid?

He had consumed universes in the past during the Crisis, and had the potential to reach that stature again. Breaching between universes or destabilising an already fragile structure from previous reboots, is not the same as already being a multiversal threat in the present. I do not see any good reason for the Crime Syndicate Earth to remain if he had consumed that universe.

Kepekley23 said:
Didn't Base A.M tank a 3-C blast? That would lend credibility to universal scale as opposed to merely figurative language.
The Sinestro Corps War Anti Monitor was weakened.

He has never been displayed at his full power level after the Crisis, as far as I am aware.

Both the Wally West Flash and Superboy Prime have easily defeated him for example.

Kepekley23 said:
At his weakest he did that in COIE

He was also consuming universe after universe, and this is done spatio-temporally, with people in the future being consumed as well when the Anti-Monitor consumes a universe in the present.

The more his Anti-Matter universe expands throughout the multiverse, the stronger he becomes, which is stated once agai. This happens because the Monitor and the Anti-Monitor are directly linked to all matter and anti-matter in existence, respectively.

The Anti-Monitor doesn't just destroy universes, he absorbs them into his power. Meaning that if he has already consumed whole universes, they are now part of his power.

Whenever the Anti-Monitor is shown as weak, it is because he is not drawing the power of his Anti-Matter universe. When he gets serious he can tap into his full reserve of power, and at that point the heroes do nothing to him.

At the end of the story, the Anti-Monitor taps into the full energies of his now greatly-expanded Anti-Matter Universe, and with it planned to remake all the multiverse in his image. He even mentions that when Krona uses his machine to look into the beginning of time, it will be his hand that he sees destroying and reshaping the multiverse.

Of course, the Spectre steps i and the two clash in a final confrontatio, which shatters the entire DC Multiverse and reboots it into a single universe.

Antvasima said:
He has never been displayed at his full power level after the Crisis, as far as I am aware.
Both the Wally West Flash and Superboy Prime have easily defeated him for example.
When Wally meets him he was from a paralllel future where he had consumed the entire multiverse , and was even stronger . The Superboy Prime he was weakened.

The New 52 version is even stated to be just as strong as he is in the Crisis, prior to accessing his full-power, which makes sense as he had consumed and absorbed multiple universes, just like the Crisis Monitor.

Well, I obviously agree with you about the Crisis Anti-Monitor. The entire situation with the Post-Flashpoint version was just left far too vague and contradictory for my taste.

Well, their entire planet was still around, within the universe in question, and we were never shown that he had destroyed any other part of their universe. It was all far too vague and contradictory for my taste.

Anyway, all that I am saying is that it seems best to avoid statistics for Post-Crisis and Post-Flashpoint Anti-Monitor, as their power levels are probably too vaguely defined.

it's a little off topic, but since we have changed the profile of Anti-Monitor, shouldn't we not also make some changes on the profile of the Monitor? Also, the changes on the profile of AM are they going to influence the stats of Barbatos when his profile will be made?

Barbatos would likely be "At least Low 2-C". We know that he can create universes, but not if he can create many of them at once.

Antvasima said:
Barbatos would likely be "At least Low 2-C". We know that he can create universes, but not if he can create many of them at once.
I would have thought that Barbatos would be 2-A because he has filled the world forge with dark endings. and I think the dark multiverse is much bigger than the matter multiverse.

I do not know the appropriate scaling for Barbatos, but the Monitor should only be Low 2-C, as he is as strong as the Anti-Monitor was originally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back