• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

New abilities for Mr. Mxyzptlk and the Monitors (Sixth Dimension)

Elizio33

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
The first part of this CRT: In Scott Snyder's Justice League, Mr. Mxyzptlk told to the Justice League that the multiverse where they live exists in four dimensions which, in Snyder's term, are point, line, depth and time. He then says: "Then add imagination, which is outside of time." Every character above the Fourth Dimension should have Acausality (Type 2) The inhabitants of the Fifth Dimension are imaginary thought-constructs. Characters existing in or above the Fifth Dimension should have Incorporality

This applies to Mister Mxyzptlk, Bat-Mite, The Monitor, Anti-Monitor and The World Forger, Perpetua, The Hands

The second part of this CRT: This section is devoted to re-listing the powers and abilities of the Monitor Brothers (True State)

Law Manipulation: They can write the universal rules.

Time Manipualtion: The inhabitants of the Sixth Dimension can control the Timestream and collapse Hypertime.

Reality Warping: They can manipulate the physical reality.

Higher-Dimensional Existence: Exists in the final realm and highest plane of existence.

Large Size (Type 10): Are depicted to be larger than the physical multiverse.

Precognition: They can perceive possible futures.

Creation and Life Manipulation: They can create worlds and energize them with the Life Entity.

Spatial Manipulation (or Space-Time Manipulation): The inhabitants of the Sixth Dimenstion can situate worlds in space and time.

Dimensional Traval: They can travel on the different planes of existence.

Resistance to Reality Warping and Existence Erasure: Mxyzptlk's ability to unimagine the fabric of things does not affect the Sixth Dimension and its inhabitants.

In summary: Add the above powers to the mentioned characters and re-list the powers and abilities of (True State) The Monitor, Anti-Monitor, and The World Forger.

Last edited:
I agree with everything except acausality and precognition. Looking at the acausality page it's not clear that they meet the criteria, and I'd be wary of assigning acausality to everyone who has any notion of time transcendence as that doesn't seem to be the focus of the ability.

For precognition, it's not clear from the scan whether he is using a power or if he's just trying to predict it like a normal person would. He says he looked at every possibility and Batman said there was a flaw in his calculation. I don't get the impression that he sees the future literally.

I agree with everything except acausality and precognition. Looking at the acausality page it's not clear that they meet the criteria, and I'd be wary of assigning acausality to everyone who has any notion of time transcendence as that doesn't seem to be the focus of the ability.

For precognition, it's not clear from the scan whether he is using a power or if he's just trying to predict it like a normal person would. He says he looked at every possibility and Batman said there was a flaw in his calculation. I don't get the impression that he sees the future literally.
Acausality is because they transcend the 4th Dimension which is time. The Fifth Dimension was said to exist everywhere at once given that its transcendence over time.

For Precognition, Alpheus has stated several times in the Sixth Dimension arc that he watched on the possible futures. Even with flaws, it just implies that his ability to see possible futures isn't absolute, it's a weakness of that ability. He wasn't just made assumptions, he watched on the possible futures. Even Perpetua can peer into the fourth dimension to see possible futures (Justice League Vol 4 22).

Acausality is because they transcend the 4th Dimension which is time. The Fifth Dimension was said to exist everywhere at once given that its transcendence over time.

For Precognition, Alpheus has stated several times in the Sixth Dimension arc that he watched on the possible futures. Even with flaws, it just implies that his ability to see possible futures isn't absolute, it's a weakness of that ability. He wasn't just made assumptions, he watched on the possible futures. Even Perpetua can peer into the fourth dimension to see possible futures (Justice League Vol 4 22).
Okay that sounds good. I was just going off the scan. I'm a little iffy on acausality here. I think atemporality might need to be it's own thing

Here's the three first tipes of Acausality. I agree that Atemporality should have its own page though

Type 1: Time Paradox Immunity: Characters with this type of Acausality are rendered immune to changes in the past and standard temporal paradoxes, but remain just as vulnerable in the present and can be affected by normal Causality Manipulation and similar abilities.

Type 2: Temporal Singularity: Characters with this type of Acausality do not exist in either the past or the future, only the present. This means they cannot be affected by changes to the past, while also making them resistant to Precognition that works by viewing the future, as they do not exist within it, and Fate Manipulation, for the same reason. In essence, they are able to choose their own fates, but they remain just as vulnerable at the point in time in which they do exist.

Type 3: Temporal Permanence: Characters with this type of Acausality are incredibly difficult to kill, as other versions of themselves - from other points in time and/or from other universes - can survive the destruction of the "original" and act in their place. This also grants them immunity to changes in the past.

The Monitor, Anti-Monitor, The World Forger (True State) should also have:

Creation and Life Manipulation: They can create worlds and energize them with the Life Entity.

Spatial Manipulation
(or Space-Time Manipulation): The inhabitants of the Sixth Dimenstion can situate worlds in space and time.

Dimensional Traval: They can travel on the different planes of existence.

Resistance to Reality Warping and Existence Erasure: Mxyzptlk's ability to unimagine the fabric of things does not affect the Sixth Dimension and its inhabitants.

So what has been accepted here so far, and what still needs to be discussed?

I am not sure. It is most likely just about them being of a higher-tiered nature than he is.

Here's the three first tipes of Acausality. I agree that Atemporality should have its own page though

Type 1: Time Paradox Immunity: Characters with this type of Acausality are rendered immune to changes in the past and standard temporal paradoxes, but remain just as vulnerable in the present and can be affected by normal Causality Manipulation and similar abilities.

Type 2: Temporal Singularity: Characters with this type of Acausality do not exist in either the past or the future, only the present. This means they cannot be affected by changes to the past, while also making them resistant to Precognition that works by viewing the future, as they do not exist within it, and Fate Manipulation, for the same reason. In essence, they are able to choose their own fates, but they remain just as vulnerable at the point in time in which they do exist.

Type 3: Temporal Permanence: Characters with this type of Acausality are incredibly difficult to kill, as other versions of themselves - from other points in time and/or from other universes - can survive the destruction of the "original" and act in their place. This also grants them immunity to changes in the past.
I forget if they are beyond space, however, if they are you could give them BDE Type 1

In summary, all abilities on the OP are accepted except Resistance to Reality Warping and Existence Erasure.

Large Size is because they appears to be bigger than the multiverse.
Ik that but wouldn’t that mean we have to get the Nil Monitors (Like Mandrakk) and beings like CAS to Large Size Type 10 as well, currently they’re in Large Size Type 11. They reside on a lower plane of existence.

Ik that but wouldn’t that mean we have to get the Nil Monitors (Like Mandrakk) and beings like CAS to Large Size Type 10 as well, currently they’re in Large Size Type 11. They reside on a lower plane of existence.
Type 11 would be fine for now

Here's the characters list.

Mister Mxyzptlk, Bat-Mite, The Monitor, Anti-Monitor and The World Forger, The Ultra-Monitor, Perpetua, The Hands (DC Comics)

I have unlocked your listed pages. Tell me here when you are done.

Back