• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Also Garou getting faster isn't impressive due to Zoro's Kenbunshoku Haki allowing him to react to Garou before he even moves.

Also Garou's Regeneration and Endurance are irrelevant due to Regeneration negation and Zoro targeting the neck and often going for decapitation in character.

Also Garou's Regeneration and Endurance are irrelevant due to Regeneration negation and Zoro targeting the neck and often going for decapitation in character.
Indeed Garou would die if Zoro cut his neck, but it won't kill Garou if it is on other part of the body

Ight before i was kinda on garou's side leaning a tiny bit towards zoro because garou can adapt quickly to zoro, aswell as his precog. For now, after reading some comments, I'm going more towards zoro, because haki also can be used instictivly even while unconscious or asleep. I also forgot about haki blooming. Zoro can get stronger as he fights while at his peak. This fight is an extreme diff fight so zoro will be getting the most out of it with haki blooming because it blooms within extreme conditions which means better armament & better observations as well as better performance with certain techniques.

This puts them on even grounds but i do think garou would probably adapt and get stronger faster than zoro.

Skill wise they're both masters of their individual martial arts.

With this noted, it comes down to techniques and stamina.
One piece high tiers can fight for 5-10 days and night no rest.

Zoro's ability wincons would be any sword technique with haki imbued attack becauee dura neg & regen neg. dragon blaze would burn him inside out, a technique kaido himself ran from.

Garou's has a lot of attacks but i can't remember any lethal wincon techniques so it would be gud to note some down for me. The only wincon for garou would be his faster growth in battle.

I will remain incong for a while longer.

And then Garou instinctive reaction helps him to it
Which gets countered due to two layers of Analytical Prediction, Zoro is gonna know what Garou is gonna do regardless of his IR.

Zoro also has feats over out predicting those with his own natural prediction, which his Kenbunshoku scales above.

Garou can pressure and overwhelm with the combined 2 martial arts like he did against dark shine and not give zoro time to attack and get stronger at the same time, the starting distance is also in garou's favor and he is a little more skilled than zoro and has arguably better stamina for fighting a bunch of battles back to back while fatally injured and extremely fatigued. His instinctive reaction is still a factor too as he could literally fight while "sleeping".

So can One Piece characters with kenbunshoku haki.
It's a different case because garou was performing that by having his body fight on it's own while he's unconscious but one piece characters do it via precognition right? Also can you give me examples for that? All I remember is whitebeard reacting to ace while asleep.

It's a different case because garou was performing that by having his body fight on it's own while he's unconscious but one piece characters do it via precognition right? Also can you give me examples for that? All I remember is whitebeard reacting to ace while asleep.
Bp0GJoL.png
M3jodpp.png

Cool. But my main point was to show how amazing garou's ultra instinct is, and even though observation haki may be able to counter it, observation needs a calm mind to use, and I said before that if garou can pressure like he did against dark shine by combining two martial arts then zoro won't be able to use observation properly and won't get a chance to attack.

Garou can pressure and overwhelm with the combined 2 martial arts like he did against dark shine
First of all, Dark Shine isn't a marital artist in any sense of the word, secondly Garou has never faced anyone with Prediction so that's moot.
and not give zoro time to attack
Prediction + Precog says no u. Zoro has more than enough time to react.
and get stronger at the same time,
His Reactivate Evolution doesn't work like that, he doesn't become stronger by each passing second and Zoro has several amps to use himself.
the starting distance is also in garou's favor
SBA? No, actually the distance favors Zoro as he'll be the first to notice his opponent via Presence Reading, which works from KM's away, and along with his Range and AoE advantage the distance by no means favors Garou.
and he is a little more skilled than zoro
Citation?
and has arguably better stamina for fighting a bunch of battles back to back while fatally injured and extremely fatigued.
Yeah no this is a bunch of bull shit. Garou absolutely doesn't have better stamina than Zoro, Zoro back in east blue could fight consecutive fights back to back with lethal injuries, without time to recover. During the events of Thriller Bark he took his own pain along side Luffy's pain and lost 5 liters of blood.
His instinctive reaction is still a factor too as he could literally fight while "sleeping".
So can Kenbunshoku Haki users.
Cool. But my main point was to show how amazing garou's ultra instinct is, and even though observation haki may be able to counter it, observation needs a calm mind to use, and I said before that if garou can pressure like he did against dark shine by combining two martial arts then zoro won't be able to use observation properly and won't get a chance to attack.
Yeah and read my reply above, Dark Shine isn't a marital artist and nobody Garou has faced is remotely near as skilled as Zoro. Garou has no experience in dealing with Prediction users, and Zoro can out Prediction Prediction users.

Ugh, one of my favorite character losing to a character i also like
Observation haki precognition is >>> any analytical prediction that can be achieved by skill, as we can see in Luffy being utterly helpless against Katakuri, who could see an absolute future that can only be circumvented by canceling it with your own precog.
Not to mention in one piece you can actually become a top tier without a Devil fruit, but without haki? Even with extreme skill, though luck.

Stamina, while both are very impressive, One Piece is infamous for stuff like fights lasting for weeks while characters are heavily injured, so i'd give the edge to Zoro.

Actual skill goes to Garou, since without Haki i really don't see Zoro keeping up at all ( Garou can insta-copy martial arts from Grandmasters after seeing it once, like when he saw Bomb perform a single kick, and came up with the entire rest of the martial art himself, including the combo moves that require 2 great masters to perform, has low level pressure points that make characters lose stamina faster, IR that allows him to dodge multiple shots that can ricochet in a narrow dark alleyway from multiple angles, can redirect multiple attacks with one-shot potential if they landed with WSRF, Defeated world champion martial artists/stomped multiple dojos before he started hunting heroes, and this is not even going into Webcomic stuff, like awakened Garou. )

Garou's RE is actually strong here, since half monster Garou is growing stronger by the moment and can go from getting all his ribs broken from a punch from Darkshine to matching him in raw strength in a few exchanges of blow, it can also give him resistances, but there's nothing like Haki in OPM, so forget it. Speed increase also happens constantly, and can eventually lead to a blitz, but i don't know if it would be allowed here.

But thanks to Haki, Zoro has dura neg + precog that is >> analytical prediction and very big sword shockwaves, he can also tank damage from Garou for a good while using it defensively and endure it for a lot. So i'd say Zoro takes it here high diff, as all he truly needs is a well landed slash at any point of the battle to end it, and his shockwaves are BIG, and he can also do fancy stuff like Tatsumaki.

Btw, why are we using feats for analytical prediction Garou did in his awakened fight against Saitama in the webcomic, if we decomposited them?

this is from the versus page, Garou is the slower character here:
This version of Garou is "at least sub-relativistic" whereas Zoro is "at least MHS+, possibly relativistic+". Garou may not be guaranteed to be the faster character, but his minimum speed is above Zoro's so he very well may be faster

Isn't this speed equalised?
Yes, but Klingy is saying that Garou can't use speed amps to speed blitz because he's the slower character (this is a rule I was not aware of, so thank you for the info).

Unless we're giving Zoro rel+ speeds for this fight, I think he would technically count as the slower character because we don't know for sure he's sub-rel/higher whereas we know this version of Garou is sub-rel or higher. I get that Zoro probably is rel or rel+ but he's not listed as such on the post-timeskip profile

yes, problem is in theory if it's equalized to MHS+ Garou can eventually blitz, if it's equalized to relativistic + the speed factor goes kaput

I mean, we do know Garou can grow faster the more he fights, like in the darkshine fight
Right and if Zoro is pressuring Garou properly then he definitely will get faster over time. The only question in terms of speed is if we're equalizing to MHS+ or Relativistic+ (because assuming rel+ does make Zoro the faster character)

Actually, in speed equlized, I'm pretty sure it means speed is a non factor in a fight, unless we count speed amps

Actually, in speed equlized, I'm pretty sure it means speed is a non factor in a fight, unless we count speed amps
We do count the speed amps, unless the character that speed blitzes via speed amp is the slower character. If we say Zoro is rel+, Garou can't use speed amps, if we say Zoro is at least MHS+, Garou can win via speed blitz

Zoro might be getting FTL cuz FTL now exist in one piece. Maybe around Sol or Ftl on next crt. My post way up about my views on this battle if u wanna read.

One of the things said are just like garou gets stronger while fighting, zoro could as well with haki blooming in extreme conditions. They both perfectly even so this fight would also be boosting zoro's stats.

Zoro might be getting FTL cuz FTL now exist within one piece since so around Sol or Ftl. My post way up about my views on this battle if u wanna read.

One of the things said are just like garou gets stronger while fighting, zoro could as well with haki blooming in extreme conditions. They both perfectly even so this fight would also be boosting zoro's stats.
How much can Zoro get amped? Garou's reactive evolution should eventually take him as far as 6-A or High 6-A (it may be an infinite growth mechanism provided Garou can always be challenged without being destroyed), although that would take a couple hours of fighting and a few zenkais for Garou to get there.

While we no longer have webcomic scaling, we can still look to the Garou =~ Boros statement to get a ballpark on his potential

How much can Zoro get amped? Garou's reactive evolution should eventually take him as far as 6-A or High 6-A (it may be an infinite growth mechanism provided Garou can always be challenged without being destroyed), although that would take a couple hours of fighting and a few zenkais for Garou to get there.

While we no longer have webcomic scaling, we can still look to the Garou =~ Boros statement to get a ballpark on his potential
I did mention that garou can possibly get stronger faster than zoro can. I mean if we take luffy for example, he was leauges below commander lvl till he was able to fight on par with one after 11 hrs of trying to advance his observations which led him to get beaten a lot.

This version of Garou is "at least sub-relativistic" whereas Zoro is "at least MHS+, possibly relativistic+". Garou may not be guaranteed to be the faster character, but his minimum speed is above Zoro's so he very well may be faster
This again was my fault when editing the profiles from his recent CRT, he was only accepted as "Possibly Relativistic+" in his previous key due to scaling to people on that level, his "massively hypersonic+" was only there to say he was faster than he was pre-timeskip. In his Wano Key however he has blitzed "possibly relativistic+" characters consistently & fought alongside regular Relativistic+ characters normally.

Back