• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This makes a lot of sense to me, but I already know how the thread will be in the long run.

So I suppose it was a glitch? You might want to be careful when typing, and it's always a good idea to save long posts somewhere offsite.

Zamasu, why do you keep making the same thread everytime? There's barely new info, it should have stayed deleted tbh

I obviosly disagree, I will wait for the inevitable counterarguments

Makes sense since that is the only thing here that wasn't discussed on the other threads you made about the same topic

The entire problem here is that Sonic doesn't seem to decide how time travel works in its own series, so iot just lapes the words "timeline" or "other dimension" to explain things that the authors don't manage to fit into a linear continuity or when something contradicts some events.

It's like the Goku Black saga, but not as problematic, however somtimes some things change over time.

Also, btw, is Sonic Boom even canon to the rest of the series? If it is, why?

DMB 1 said:
The entire problem here is that Sonic doesn't seem to decide how time travel works in its own series.
Also, btw, is Sonic Boom even canon to the rest of the series? If it is, why?
Time travel in Sonic sucks.

The Boom! thing was just an analogy.

ACHOO!

Shatered is just another word for destroyed, plus everyone was alive because of a time and space rift created from Solaris destroying everything, the guide doesn't need to say all when characters from the game say so, Eggman and Shadow say multiple times he was going to destroy everything

Plus Shadow says Silver's world is far removed from their timeline, yet Solaris affected him, debunking the whole Solaris was affecting one timeline thing

If that's the only new info them it should have remained closed

From what I remembered on the original thread, only the Special Stages resulted in more timelines, barring the one off worlds here and there like the Sol Dimension (which might've gotten retconned by 06 having Blaze be from Silver's future) and Arabian Nights.

@Yeah either you didn't read the OP or you just skimmed through it because I mentioned that like 2-3 times.

>Solaris can't be 2-C because it would take time

He was still destroying everything and affecting other worlds otherwise Silver wouldn't be there since Shadow says his future is removed from their timeline

>Everyone is still alive

Because of a time and space rift, that's it, and it wouldn't have lasted long

Those are the only relevant points that aren't assumptions

Oh yeah Solaris is 2-C. The real question is what level, as Zamasu did bring up a point with the pluralization of special stages implying that they're not all unique dimensions.

How can Silver's future be a different timeline if Sonic's timelines affects it? This isn't just in 06 but multiple games. I've never heard of timelines affecting each other through time travel.

And regardless if it's a different dimension or not, Solaris evidently can't destroy the multiverse in one go.

Silver went to the future in 06 and it was still a barren and fiery landscape despite Sonic "fixing" things in the last... I think?

Also hard disagree. You wanna debate the level of 2-C that Solaris is? Fine. Trying to bring him to Low 2-C? Not to be rude, because I don't mind people expressing their differing opinions, but... Yeah, that's not gonna happen.

Zamasu Chan said:
How can Silver's future be a different timeline if Sonic's timelines affects it? This isn't just in 06 but multiple games. I've never heard of timelines affecting each other through time travel.
Once again, it's because the authors can't decide how Time Travel Works: they say that traveling to the past may effect the future, which seems to intitially be the case, but then, for some reason,t ehy just decide that Silver's future is another timeline, presumably to make the TT shenanigans less problematic, which ends up doing the exact opposite since Timelines are thing that is made to prevent time paradox being a thing in a story, which is the entire reason as of why this game plot happened at all...

Same thing with Classic Sonic being Moder Sonic from the past, but somehow coming from another dimension.

Either that, or what happened in Silver's Future was somehow destined to happen in the present timeline, which makes me question as of why Destiny would be a thing in a series with mutliple timelines. At least in Dragonball it sort of makes seinse since timelines are created through Tiem travel, but in Sonic, timelines just exist for no reason.

Sorry for the Rant, but it helps you getting the point.

The real cal howard said:
Solaris is immeasurable. Time taken is irrelevant.
Other timelines were shattered, Sonic and the gang aren't immeasurable, the universe wasn't destroyed. I'm pretty sure it's a few at a time being destroyed and even then why is the multiverse still there? Idc weather it's low 2-C or 2-C, I'm just clarifying that it's not all in one go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back