• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@omegabronic because nothing on Sonic's page or any of the super forms remotely mention their innate ability is to erase someone across time with their own strikes.

Literally just a durability feat at best.
If someone hits you across all of time, which is what the temporal AOE in the pages is, then there wouldn't be a moment after the strike where you wouldn't be getting hit, also you would be killed in the past and thus paradoxing you out of existance

@Eseseso then that's just wrong then because we don't give acausality to people who can survive punches from characters who have the range to affect a being that's omnipresent across time.
The chatacters in this case attack their history across all of time

You do realize that description you gave does not remotely line up with type 4 Acausality right? You just described type 1. Also no that's literally not how the range feat with Solaris works here, it grants you the ability to harm an omnipresent being without having to worry about range.

That's still not Acausality in the slightest, especially when there's no statement that Sonic and co. can attack someone across time and the bosses can just withstand it when said bosses just die in the end of the fight anyways.

You do realize that description you gave does not remotely line up with type 4 Acausality right? You just described type 1.
type 1 wouldn't help since every moment of the present and the future would still be getting hit, there would literally be no moment where the hit is not being felt

Also no that's literally not how the range feat with Solaris works here, it grants you the ability to harm an omnipresent being without having to worry about range.
let us discuss this part on your thread that is proposing it, to discuss not yet accepted stuff on a thread that covers the currently accepted stuff sounds silly for both of us

That's still not Acausality in the slightest, especially when there's no statement that Sonic and co. can attack someone across time
as i said above, let us discuss this in the other thread, but currently, that is litterally what everything in the solaris fight indicates

and the bosses can just withstand it when said bosses just die in the end of the fight anyways.
if the bosses didn't had acausality then they would feel infinite knockback from the blow through all moments in the fight, them dying in the end of the fight is irrelevant to this discussion

@omegabronic which doesn't really affect you because you're immune to paradoxes, no amount of attacking someone in the past or the future will affect the present, that's the point of Acausality to begin with.

You'd need to prove that this is an innate ability that any super form has by default that they can affect someone across all of time with their hits to cause strikes across history no matter who it is, because final bosses fighting the super forms isn't ground for type 4 acausality at all, let alone type 1.

@omegabronic which doesn't really affect you because you're immune to paradoxes, no amount of attacking someone in the past or the future will affect the present, that's the point of Acausality to begin with.
not really
Type 1: Time Paradox Immunity: Characters with this type of Acausality are rendered immune to changes in the past and standard temporal paradoxes, but remain just as vulnerable in the present and can be affected by normal Causality Manipulation and similar abilities.
Nothing about they being immune to changes in the future, so it can't be type 1

You'd need to prove that this is an innate ability that any super form has by default that they can affect someone across all of time with their hits to cause strikes across history no matter who it is, because final bosses fighting the super forms isn't ground for type 4 acausality at all, let alone type 1.
it is an ability all 3 Super Forms, including the one using it for the first time Silver, are shown to do automatically when fighting Solaris, to endure a hit across your entire history you need a type of acausality, if not please suggest a substitution instead of just saying that it is wrong without giving any solution

How would their future being punched affect their past or present self? Can you explain how that remotely makes any sense because it doesn't.

I did offer a substitution, it's literally just a durability feat at best for any of the bosses that withstood the punches from the super forms. Hitting Solaris literally just grants them the range to affect an omnipresent being, that's it, no history or temporal affect to any individual with any of their hits because none of that's ever stated to be something super forms do.

How would their future being punched affect their past or present self? Can you explain how that remotely makes any sense because it doesn't.
Rhe future becomes the pressent evey nano second that passes, therefore the blow would be applied every period that passes, every second woule have then being hit, every moment of the present

I did offer a substitution, it's literally just a durability feat at best for any of the bosses that withstood the punches from the super forms. Hitting Solaris literally just grants them the range to affect an omnipresent being, that's it, no history or temporal affect to any individual with any of their hits because none of that's ever stated to be something super forms do.
Can you please stop? Focus on what is currently accepted insread of things that may it may not be accepted in another thread

Which in turn becomes a paradox, AKA something type 1 literally says no to. any changes to their history would not affect them. This isn't type 4 at all, type 4 requires them to exist on different laws.

Can you actually provide evidence that they need to function on different laws to fight off the Super forms?

Sonic-walls GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Could this be saved for a separate thread?

Which in turn becomes a paradox, AKA something type 1 literally says no to. any changes to their history would not affect them. This isn't type 4 at all, type 4 requires them to exist on different laws.

Can you actually provide evidence that they need to function on different laws to fight off the Super forms?
Why not talk about this in your ongoing Sonic abilities thread?

I just want to get TE's other stuff like Law/Causality Manipulation Accepted.

@Eseseso Because you're literally arguing for type 4 Acausality for the same reasons I'm contesting in my other thread. Unless you wanna drop the type 4 stuff in this thread which I'm more than happy to just move that to my thread.

@Eseseso Because you're literally arguing for type 4 Acausality for the same reasons I'm contesting in my other thread. Unless you wanna drop the type 4 stuff in this thread which I'm more than happy to just move that to my thread.
I'm only saying that TE should have it because the other profiles who took hits from Super Sonic do.

Which in turn becomes a paradox, AKA something type 1 literally says no to. any changes to their history would not affect them.
type 1 is specific to past paradoxes as the description of it makes clear

This isn't type 4 at all, type 4 requires them to exist on different laws.
such as your future self being hit not influencing your present self when said present arrives in the future? sounds like a different law to me

they future being hit not affecting the present when time passes and they reach the future when they were hit, when a being under normal causality law would still get hit when the future comes, aka, every moment after the hit

@omegabronic not according to other staff members, type 1 in general just makes you immune to any and all changes in your history, doesn't matter if it's the past or the future, they're all a part of your history.

No it doesn't, literally no statements of such a thing are remotely implied to be vaguely type 4 from what I'm seeing here.

That's not evidence, I'm asking for scans.

@omegabronic not according to other staff members, type 1 in general just makes you immune to any and all changes in your history, doesn't matter if it's the past or the future, they're all a part of your history.

No it doesn't, literally no statements of such a thing are remotely implied to be vaguely type 4 from what I'm seeing here.
if type 1 covers it no matter what the paradox is, then i guess i would be ok with them changing to that, however it would require a thread reserved to it instead of this one

I mean I don't really see the point in making another thread for something that's common knowledge but ok. That's the main thing I had contention on with this CRT, the Law and Causality hax looks fine to me.

I mean I don't really see the point in making another thread for something that's common knowledge but ok. That's the main thing I had contention on with this CRT, the Law and Causality hax looks fine to me.
Yes thank you that stuff is not for this thread.

I'll likely apply it later today.

Btw, do you agree that The End should get Fate Manipulation for these?:

Looks fine to me.
Great!

Btw, I added Law and Causality Manipulation to TE's profile as well as Acausality, but I decided to wait to see what the verdict on type 4 Acausality was before adding it to Egg Wizard and Time Eater's profiles.

The End's stuff should be fine. I won't comment on anything else, however.

Thinking about it, wouldn't The End being infinite compared to Sonic's past foes make full-strength The End straight-up 2-A, or is that just flowery language. Not trying to start a debate or anything; just posing a question.

Thinking about it, wouldn't The End being infinite compared to Sonic's past foes make full-strength The End straight-up 2-A, or is that just flowery language. Not trying to start a debate or anything; just posing a question.
Right now we just take that as meaning The End is simply stronger than all of Sonic's past foes

I think The End was honestly just smack talking.

this phrase will come in hand in future plans, but even then it wouldn't be 2-A, no matter how much stronger than 2-B you are, you can reach higher tier, 2-A comes from the cosmology tho, so that is fine

Since the Fate Manip fate thing is minor and Glass agrees to it, then unless anyone objects, I'll add it to The End's profile.

Should the fate Manipulation be taken at face value? It could just be The End deciding arbitrarily what lives and dies in the universe, which is ruling of fate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back