• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@DDM "Oh, dimensions or worlds have to mean universe because it's Sonic."

Let me stop you right there. When you argued against a Dragon Ball downgrade, one of the arguments you used was "whenever a top/god tier character says world it has to mean the multiverse."

Zamasu did try to downgrade Solaris to Low 2-C, he conceded because that argument was destroyed by multiple people on the thread. Also, even if what you said about Darksspine is true, there's no reason to try to bait that behavior out of him on this thread which has nothing to do with those blogs. If you believe his arguments are flawed, focus on attacking his arguments, otherwise it just looks like you're using ad-hominem. Yeah, Sonic threads have a history of being toxic, and acting like this only contributes to it.

I'll just say I don't care about the Special Stages, I'm okay with that being just one universe. I came here to refute the Solaris and Egg Wizard stuff. However, don't attack people based on their character, that's not how proper debating works and it especially looks bad when it's coming from an admin.

Plenty of you guys were attacking Zamasu first. And that's not the only reason; there were literally other details. Also, don't bring up other verses so much on this thread. Especially not Dragon Ball or Mario; that's just asking for bad blood. But, the actual reason was because Zamasu did merge with other timelines. They were in the future were Goku was dead, and the original timelines became another timeline because because Beerus hakai'd Zamasu before he killed Gowasu. And because Zeno legit is stated to be powerful enough to "Destroy all Existence in the blink of an eye". To say that's not a Tier 2 feat is to not call Solaris Tier 2 in general.

Getting that out of the way for good. But still, Special Stages are contained in one universe, and so are many other things. And the Shadow routes are still non-canon. It's agreed by staff that context takes priority over dictionary definitions for any verse.

Side note, I don't care one way or the other about characters being stronger than the other. All I care about is legitimate accuracy free of special treatment or shabby treatment on either side.

The real cal howard said:
Yes. Because me arguing around in circles with you over and over again until I get tired and allow someone else to give their opinion is me admitting you're right. Tell you what. I'm going to go around the wiki exclaiming Superman is 1-A. He has a lot of feats and it's just us downplaying. And when people inevitably come to debunk me, I'll say the same things over and over until they just let someone else take the reins and therefore I win the argument because me and my ego will take it as concession.
Stop miscontrueing what's actually happening. I gave evidence for what happened and clarified and yet you still failed to provide any argument that contradicted what I was saying. You went to get another person to argue, and by burden of rejoinder, no matter how pissed you are you've conceded. Doesn't mean you're admitting I'm right, you just lose.

In Sonic the word "dimension" always means universe as shown several times.Dimension without a doubt equates to a universe.

(Eggman and Eggman Nega are from alternate dimensions/universes) -https://share.icloud.com/photos/02l2bJODlR463Xz8IEUOc_F3A

(Solaris eat dimensions/timelines which is why he's 2-C) -https://share.icloud.com/photos/0CxuBs5QNAfya_Wx8UL0HBV5g

(The special stage dimensions are parallel universes) -https://share.icloud.com/photos/0CxuBs5QNAfya_Wx8UL0HBV5g

This isn't the 3-A Sacred Realm where we don't know the size of the Dark World or Light World because the word Hyrule means Kingdom more often than not.A dimension is Sonic is a universe unless contradicted by context it's not hard to understand.

Only three examples, and then there's plenty of examples where there's not enough context to mean dimension. Especially the mini-games dimension.

You know what, fine. You want me to continue? I'll continue.

Assuming every game has special stages from a single parallel universe is a hasty generalization

No. Assuming that each and every Emerald comes from a separate universe when there's not one but two instances of all seven being in the same one is the hasty generalization. Not the way to put more numbers into Sonic.

It's a standard assumption that they're separate and not conjoined with no current contradictions

Bullshit. The standard assumption is always to go for the lesser number. No contradictions isn't an argument when it's not supported. You need proof to back up that every single gem is in a new universe in every single game. Hell, Naruto was getting put through the wringer for this yesterday with the Lariat argument. But Sonic's special because Sonic.

Blaze's dimension, a parallel to Sonic with the same tropes of a casual parallel universe (where Blaze is Sonic, Marine is Tails, Eggman Nega is Eggman, the Sol Emeralds are the Chaos Emeralds, etc.), and essentially mirrors Sonic's world. To access each different special stage in Blaze's dimension, you have to cause a dimensional distortion, which is dimensional travel. Because Sonic's world mirrors hers, each special stage in his dimension requires its own separate dimensional distortion, making each one their own separate space

Hey. Maybe, and hear me out on this, the spatial distortions all lead to the same world! What, are there dozens of Lorules because Link has different access points to them in ALBW? Or maybe there's different Ghost Zones because there's many distortions that lead there. There must be dozens of Another Dimensions in Kirby because of all the distortions that lead there. Wait no. There aren't. And Sonic still isn't special.

>"Worlds have also meant planet. Just like when Earth and Mobius were called worlds. Or when Camelot was called a world. Also, why would a bunch of mini-games be a bunch of universes."

So far none of us have even argued those to be dimensions, nor have we argued the term world to be dimension. Everything else has been supported.

>"Also, Darksspine has gotten multiple warnings for being rude, obnoxious, and condescending on various blogs. This includes pushing for us to accept black hole calcs when we don't do for other verses. Or assuming that day/night transitions are planet flipping feats when they're more commonly time manipulation feats. Not using the behavior as a refute, but he legit literally demands giving the verses more standards than what's legit."

Y'know what? This is disappointing Medeus. First of all, you're an administrator. With someone of your role, you shouldn't be going into threads where people are arguing their point and directly insulting them. All of what you've just now said is irrelevant to the actual post on this series, and you're targeting me personally. Good leaders should never do that.

Secondly, how in the hell am I wrong for pushing that stuff should be accepted? Because I opposed what you thought, I shouldn't be actively pursuing to get my points across? Just because you say no doesn't mean you're entitled to me shutting up and you should be ashamed of yourself for thinking that way. Everything I defended you stopped arguing against, and I'm right to demand that something be accepted when you fail to argue against it and there's nothing wrong with it. You felt bad about my Shovel Knight stuff and Sonic calcs, even though those have zero place in this thread, and you're currently roping it in as a sorry excuse to go against me? Again, as an administrator.

No, I never received a warning either. Other mods like yourself just didn't like what I was doing and said "Hey, stop arguing so meanly..." and yet when I have over 10 people arguing against me, I'm in the right, and they want to say because they agree with each other I'm wrong, or wasting my time, or I'm being a bad member in any way, suddenly I should stop being rude. (Which is literally just me arguing my points aggressively regardless.)

Hell, if this is about me saying "Are you ******* kidding me? Keep to yourself Medeus," on the Shovel Knight blog, it was because you were twisting the truth and saying I wanted to assault Mr. Bambu even though I was joking and said I'd beat him up.

Either way, this is shameful of you as an admin. You shouldn't rope in your gripes to a thread, you shouldn't personally libel someone because they're aggressive as a debater and tired of your comments, and you shouldn't make them out to be wrong when they're being attacked for literally just doing what this wiki is about in VS debating. This is what Matthew got demoted for afaik. Thanks a lot though, Medeus. Thanks for coming onto an already completed thread and bringing your ad hominem with you.

@DDM "Plenty of you guys were attacking Zamasu first."

Even if I gave you the benefit of the doubt and said that there were plenty of people attacking Zamasu, that's not an excuse to stoop down to that level. Also you've made Mario and Dragon Ball comparisons on Sonic threads before. And not necessarily regarding Zeno, Solaris was directly stated to destroy time and space so he's definitely tier 2 regardless, but overall I'd rather not derail a Sonic thread discussing the legitimacy of Dragon Ball feats.

I never said the Shadow routes were canon. In fact, I pointed out that it wasn't part of the scaling.

@DDM Us "attacking" Zamasu was saying that he needs to stop putting out 2-C threads every month when he concedes nigh-instantaneously. Beyond that I have no problem with him. My main issue is you directly attacking me over irrelevant gripes you had on another thread, which literally no one did to Zamasu.

>"No. Assuming that each and every Emerald comes from a separate universe when there's not one but two instances of all seven being in the same one is the hasty generalization. Not the way to put more numbers into Sonic."

There was a single instance with them coming from the same universe, and saying something that has actual evidence behind it is hasty generalization is wrong.

>"Bullshit. The standard assumption is always to go for the lesser number. No contradictions isn't an argument when it's not supported. You need proof to back up that every single gem is in a new universe in every single game. Hell, Naruto was getting put through the wringer for this yesterday with the Lariat argument. But Sonic's special because Sonic."

How is that the standard assumption? Because I'm saying if there's a statement saying there are 10 people in a room, we don't assume those people are all conjoined into one person, that's wrong. Also, no contradictions literally IS an argument because if nothing contradicts something it has to be true. That's literally what defines if something is true or not.

The Naruto comparison is irrelevant because we're not talking about Naruto, we're covering the Sonicverse. Hell, you act like we should know this when I don't know shit about Naruto. And no one's saying Sonic is special because he's Sonic. Whenever I try to argue accuracy over something being downplayed, 90% of the time a mod instantly says "we won't treat them specially." No one's asking for that, we're asking you treat them fairly.

>"Hey. Maybe, and hear me out on this, the spatial distortions all lead to the same world! What, are there dozens of Lorules because Link has different access points to them in ALBW? Or maybe there's different Ghost Zones because there's many distortions that lead there. There must be dozens of Another Dimensions in Kirby because of all the distortions that lead there. Wait no. There aren't. And Sonic still isn't special."

Firstly, there's a fine line between something being out of the ordinary and being "special," so stop with this headcanon that we're saying Sonic needs special treatment. Also, please show how the spatial distortions lead to the same world when the Sonic Chaos argument is inconsistent and for Sonic Chaos only. Don't say "prove they're separate" either because you need to actually substantiate your point first.

@Shadow
Except I actively tried avoiding most of the time. And it's only everyone is constantly all quantity and no quality and legit try pushing Sonic to get way too much special treatment as humanly possible is when I'm forced against my free will to make such comparisons. And I at least only do either doing periods where it's actually parallel or when it the opposing examples is actually way more lenient. Such as scaling everyone from something that was never combat applicable to begin with. Or making every single base character a certain tier due to fighting against characters with power ups that fluctuate when we've been far more strict with other verses. There's only one Tier 5 feat with a single Chaos Emerald, and yet it's became the official default assumption that everyone who holds one Chaos Emerald is Tier 5. And the other "Supposed feat" that's Tier 5 was actually done by all 7 because the rest of the entire game and the whole plot points to them needing all 7 and Eggman was clearly stated to have all 7 at the beginning. The only reason people said it was only one was because "We only saw half of 1 in the cut scene. And yet he was putting it one of of the 7 slots he has in the Death Egg.
And it's a very common plot in Sonic that Eggman or other Sonic villains even needs all 7 to even do planetary feats in the first place. Not to mention the fact that there are dozens of instances in which characters have multiple Chaos Emeralds but the feats are less than planetary. 5 Chaos Emeralds was all it took to do a 6-B feat, 6 did a Low 5-B feat. And even Chaos Emerald empowered characters are super inconsistent. We got Shadow with one Emerald stomping Sonic in Adventure 2 and Shadow the Hedgehog. And while Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles defeated Chaos 4, Chaos 4 didn't even have a feat in which Perfect Chaos is the only form with a feat. Being yet another Tier 6/Low end Tier 5 via flooding the Earth.

Final Egg Blaster is another story. It's a 4-A tool that was never used for combat; and even Ultimate Emerl considered it the strongest thing he seen in his life despite knowing how powerful the 7 Chaos Emeralds are. And when stated he was going to destroy the planet, his method of doing was was the FEB and not his own power. No one tanked FEB, and Sonic didn't consider himself capable of stopping it by hand even with empowerment from 7 Chaos Emeralds. But, everyone is 4-A based on a single assumption rather than a direct feat. And it's scaled as a random mid end. The Chaos Emeralds do fluctuate, and range from Tier 5 to Tier 2 but still. The low end is more consistent and even if Chaos Emeralds are above FEB in other time periods; it wasn't portrayed that way in Sonic Battle specifically.

We even got mass produced fodder enemies rated as Tier 5 despite their best feats being tier 9. Via overpowering the Chaotix group. Well, every single Sonic who isn't Shadow character gets fodderized by Black Arms who in turn have been defeated by Gun Soldiers. Now the Egg Pawns came from Phantom Ruby is the reason we don't consider that PIS, then the one Gun Soldier with a Chaos Emerald in Sonic Adventure 2 should have been Tier 5 by that logic. There's also the fact that Ifrit whose best feat is High 6-A which both was only capable at the peak and was over time rather than a one-shot, was someone Silver and Sonic considered impossible to defeat and was only able to win against a weakened version.
@Darksspine
There are other verses where Dimension has always meant Universe more often than Sonic has, and yet not every single dimension is assumed to be universe sized by default.

That being said, I have news for you. I'm actually considered "Too nice" compared to other staff members by other staff members. I actually don't attack people regularly, and generally open-minded. But when people deliberately exaggerate upon what I actually say while ignore their own hostility, that's not excusable. Not going to give other examples, but other Admins are more quick to close threads, remove posts, or even ban people than I am. I generally have legitimate discussions and only do any of those things if other staff members basically say I should. I also never banned anyone who isn't a sock puppet or obvious troll before. It's not my role to have personal vendettas against anyone. However, plenty of us staff members have jobs and are legit trying the best we can to make the site more organized. We can't just give certain users or certain verses special treatment compared to other verses.

I have made calculations before which I strongly believed was legit, but when one or two calc group members reject it, I rolled with it even if I didn't agree with the simplistic reasoning for the rejection. However, Black Hole calcs or earth flipping calcs are way more controversial and assumptive than anything I've ever calculated. Not to mention, plenty of us staff members are more familiar with multiverses and other verses that have giant cosmologies. Plenty of us staff have more experience with distinguishing universes from pocket realities; we never assume Dimension means universe by default and it's always about context rather than word definition.

And also, there were like 5 Admins were like "Why do we always assume Earth flipping feats" which you yelled at each and every one of them. Same with the Black hole calculations. None of them look anything like real black holes or demonstrate the features of black holes. DontTalk and Ugarik know more about black holes than anyone else on the wiki. Also, us Admins get tired of being attacked for making moderate complaints where as plenty of other users flat out troll or express massive amounts of hostility or even go as far to use slur words out loud in a few users cases and act like it's not a big deal.
Anyway, I still stand by the OP, the other stuff can be saved for another day. Solaris is still Tier 2 but only 12 dimensions are actually confirmed to be Universes. Power of the Stars is literally stated to be stronger than the Chaos Emeralds. So I agree with the proposal of being on a lower degree of 2-C.

>"There are other verses where Dimension has always meant Universe more often than Sonic has, and yet not every single dimension is assumed to be universe sized by default."

And how is any of that applicable here?

>"That being said, I have news for you. I'm actually "Too nice" compared to other staff members. Not going to give other examples, but other Admins are more quick to close threads, remove posts, or even ban people than I am. I generally have legitimate discussions and only do any of those things if other staff members basically say I should. I also never banned anyone who isn't a sock puppet or obvious troll before. It's not my role to have personal vendettas against anyone. However, plenty of us staff members have jobs and are legit trying the best we can to make the site more organized. We can't just give certain users or certain verses special treatment compared to other verses."

No, you're not "too nice." You've just now insulted me, you haven't apologized for your errors as an admin, you tried to say I wanted to assault Bambu in the Shovel Knight blog, you commonly act like a victim whenever someone calls you out, etc. If other staff are quick to do that, shame on them, but that doesn't mean you're not accountable for your actions. Furthermore, not once has anyone asked for special treatment anywhere. Anything I've argued was because I thought and still believe it was right. If you can't disprove it, it's not special treatment to say it's right.

>"I have made calculations before which I strongly believed was legit, but when one or two calc group members reject it, I rolled with it even if I didn't agree with the simplistic reasoning for the rejection."

I argued my case because the staff wasn't actually reviewing the calc, which is their job, and I thought it was right. Me disagreeing does not make me wrong or a worse person, so stop arguing for this.

>"However, Black Hole calcs or earth flipping calcs are way more controversial and assumptive than anything I've ever calculated. Not to mention, plenty of us staff members are more familiar with multiverses and other verses that have giant cosmologies. Plenty of us staff have more experience with distinguishing universes from pocket realities; we never assume Dimension means universe by default and it's always about context rather than word definition."

All of this means nothing. Your expertise doesn't make you right in a debate and it doesn't make you unaccountable.

>"And also, there were like 5 Admins were like "Why do we always assume Earth flipping feats" which you yelled at each and every one of them. Same with the Black hole calculations. None of them look anything like real black holes or demonstrate the features of black holes. DontTalk and Ugarik know more about black holes than anyone else on the wiki."

And how am I wrong for defending my point? Again, expertise doesn't make you right in a debate.

>"Also, us Admins get tired of being attacked for making moderate complaints where as plenty of other users flat out troll or express massive amounts of hostility or even go as far to use slur words out loud in a few users cases and act like it's not a big deal."

Tell me how in the hell it matters that you're tired of receiving criticism, that you're over people disagreeing or being aggressive with you, when the entire point of debating is to assert that, and you received it for insulting others? Just because people attack you doesn't mean you ever have the right to attack others and you should still be ashamed of your actions. You have failed as an administrator here and you need to address that rather than deflect the topic.

If you didn't want this to happen, you shouldn't have brought in your grudges from the blog. You shouldn't have been childish and said "Darksspine is rude, obnoxious and condescending to me, he's wrong here!", and you should instead know the entire point of debating. It seems like you've got the idea wrong here: when you debate someone, you tell them how they're wrong and you're correct. The entire wiki revolves around debating: but I'm wrong for doing it, because I'm being aggressive with you? Explain yourself or accept your failure.

Regardless, Medeus and Cal agreeing so far doesn't mean anything as OP already conceded that he was wrong, people agree otherwise, and their points have been debunked. There's no reason to go further with this and a sensible admin would close this thread, especially because of how Medeus derailed it.

Saying your behavior was inappropriate isn't insulting you, it's being strait with you. I've also never told anyone they "weren't very intelligent" or other synonyms. Antvasima has also asked you to drop it when you make fusses over your blogs. But still, Zamasu wasn't debunked, he was argued against in large quantities, but that's not a debunk. But still, he did take apart the parts the blog about their existing hundreds of universes. There's only 12 legit universes as I've discussed privately with Zamasu Chan and a few others. I also don't go around shouting or cussing at people. Which it sounds like you're doing that to me right now.

Being aggressive doesn't make you wrong and I never implied that. So don't put words in my mouth. However, you do have a history of having your blogs universally rejected by staff, which the one linked in the OP is one of many. Also yes, it is the truth that Sonic does get far too much special treatment around here compared to other verses and mostly due to having so many passionate debaters. It's not just me or Cal, or Matt, or Everlasting, but plenty of staff members also agree that it does. The primary point is being called a "Dimension" is not enough to be called a universe. Therefore, the parallel universe with all the minigames is just one universe.

I do apologize if my words were so easy to misunderstand. Or the stress that I'm becoming a target of borderline sexual harassment offsite as of late has been rubbing off on me. But that doesn't excuse the accusations towards me or towards Cal Howard or Zamasu Chan. And I also have every right to defend myself as does everyone. Also, Cal did ask other staff members for more input here, it's best to wait for them. Also, we can't demand a thread to be closed prematurely as some others might have more input.

I'm also not quite as good as someone like DarkAnine or Reppuzan when it comes to being nice, but even when other Admins have acted out, I'm often the one who calls them out when I say they're being too harsh. There have also been times when threads have been time wasters and people question while I haven't closed threads, but I keep them open for legit discussions.

I also need to get some sleep, haven't had a chance to sleep in the past 24 hours due to overworking.

I just want to say that I trust Medeus and think that he is doing a great job overall.

Please get some rest. Good night.

Back to the Time Travel thing (which may be minor at this point, but eh), I don't actually remember ever being stated that Timelines in Sonic are created by time travel. Or if they are even created by something in the first place.

In fact, rather than being created by an even or a decision, there simply seem to already exist timelines where either something different happens, or it's a different time period all together.

As for the rest of the debate, I'm siding with Zamasu, Cal and Dark, and I still believe that Solaris is 2-C in a way or another, just not as high as some people make him out to be, speaking of which:

• Timelines aren't just "any universe". They are simply an alternate universe where something happens different from the main one in the story, that can exist for either a decision, an event, a split, time travel, or they just do. So an altermnate dimension like Arabian Nights or the Chaotic Inferno Zone, despite being Universes, aren't alternate timelines. A better reason for those to effect Solaris' AP would be Eggman saying that Solaris would destroy "all of time", rather than simply all timelines, but you could argue he's specifcally effecting timelines because he's, well, the god of time.

Solaris = all timelines

Egg Wizard = all parallel dimensions

And can someone please explain to me how Solaris is > Egg Wizard without mentioning any AOE?

For what it's worth I feel like DDM and Cal have better judgements and I also agree with Cal that the same supporters (or opponents for that matter) shouldn't make the judgement calls everytime as it leads to heavy bias. It's better to have neutral people involved here. Unfortunately, I'm not able to help atm due to some RL stuff.

Zamasu Chan said:
Solaris = all timelines

Egg Wizard = all parallel dimensions

And can someone please explain to me how Solaris is > Egg Wizard without mentioning any AOE?
Egg Wizard was stated to support the existence of "parallel dimensions" or whatnot. It was never stated to be all of them, so baseline 2-C is assumed.

Solaris is the one that was stated that it would destroy everything.

I'm getting sick of this.

Rant Mode O

@DDM

Nor was it appropriate to bring up his behavior when it was not only completely irrelevant to the thread but how at all was his behavior inappropriate? DDM, this is exactly what Matt did in a previous KH thread that made the thread go to absolute shit until DragonMaster had to calm it down. You also are attempting to circle around what you originally said, Shake stated Darksspine swiftly refuted all of the arguments and you went "Oh well he's rather aggressive on blogs and goes against admins that disagree with him" which wasn't relevant whatsoever to what Shake said. Ant eventually said it wouldn't hurt to check the calc itself and arguing against the feat can be done in a CRT. I agree with Zamasu's proposition and I can say he was swiftly and easily debunked. So because you discussed a topic privately with people that's the objective notion? If you're going to come and say you didn't make that claim, that's pefectly fine I'm just pointing out that the way you've presented the claim shifts towards that way. How is anyone "shouting" here? You cannot objectively prove any form of shouting through typing. What does it matter if he curses? What if his personal view on cursing is that it's merely words, a lot of people share that viewpoint, what does this remove from his claims? Also I can't believe I have to say this but being aggressive =/= shouting, you can be very aggressive without ever shouting, it's rather easy.

Being aggressive doesn't make you wrong and I never implied that. So don't put words in my mouth. However, you do have a history of having your blogs universally rejected by staff, which the one linked in the OP is one of many. Also yes, it is the truth that Sonic does get far too much special treatment around here compared to other verses and mostly due to having so many passionate debaters. It's not just me or Cal, or Matt, or Everlasting, but plenty of staff members also agree that it does. The primary point is being called a "Dimension" is not enough to be called a universe. Therefore, the parallel universe with all the minigames is just one universe.

Why does being aggressive when a blog is disagreed upon matter at all? DDM, give me one thread where a revision was accepted where a lot of people disagreed and the person didn't have to be aggressive, the literal reason aggressivenesss starts is because you need to be aggressive in order to defend your stance, it's a legitimate and perfectly fine strategy, especially when people are disagreeing against your premise. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aggressiveness_strategy Staff members are not objective, he's perfectly allowed to fight back when he sees rejections. Him doing that shouldn't ever be a point nor a something that goes against him arguing. Unless you basically are opting for a closed shed, hive mind environment. I will agree with you however that Sonic debaters are passionate and they need to learn when to cool down themself.

I'm also not quite as good as someone like DarkAnine or Reppuzan when it comes to being nice, but even when other Admins have acted out, I'm often the one who calls them out when I say they're being too harsh. There have also been times when threads have been time wasters and people question while I haven't closed threads, but I keep them open for legit discussions.

He didn't call you a bad mod he said you wasn't acting as a mod should in this situation, the other moments you list aren't relevant to what he was saying for this instance.

Also saying things like this

DarkDragonMedeus

This makes a lot of sense to me, but I already know how the thread will be in the long run.

Is going to just create that thread you don't want and is unprofessional.

@Cal

Stop ******* breaking down in these threads if you really are starting to get emotional on the subject do the most simplest thing in the world. Get off the computer & go outside. If you're telling me that some guy on the ******* internet telling you that you conceded on a topic is remotely a viable reason to breakdown then you need to take classes in better self-esteem or whatever because it sounds like you have extremely low self-esteem to where a guy online telling you that you conceded is bothering you visibly. It's a person that's 99% likely to be on the other side of the world nowhere near you.

@Darksspine

Calm down for the love of god, I understand you feel attacked but respond in a mature manner instead of this, it just greatly derails the thread further and causes exactly what's happening right now.

For the love of god, act like ******* adults it's a fictional character who gives a shit if he gets downgraded or upgraded or whatever his cosmology is, Sega doesn't give a shit, Yuji Naka, Nintendo doesn't give a shit, so why should we give a shit? This is meant to be a place to come for fun and interesting discussion not ******* drama alert every other day. I heavily suggest making rules for Sonic threads if it goes to shit like this consistently, not just repeating the same thing over and ******* over again expecting a different result, that's literally insanity. Make similar guidelines that were made for bleach vs naruto threads and the like.

Rant over.

Also by default the Chaos Emeralds are the most powerful items in the verse of which Solaris could face at full power by 3 beings.While the Egg Wizard fought only 2 beings powered by them.

The matter was certainly not going to calm down, it was simply that certain sides didn't reply back yet thus it seemed in a moment of calmity. I can assure you Darksspine would of replied back to DDM's comment and DDM would eventually reply back in repeat. The rant was to prevent that.

Just going to add that Cal does agree with Solaris being above the Egg Wizard and and he destroying everything, he is just questioning the Ap of that

I still agree with Darksspine and Shadow

Also I don't ser any new arguments haver been made that hadn't been debunked, this feels like stonewalling and a diferent thread should vê made about Ap, because the Solaris destroying only timelines, not in one shoot, scaling, etc has already been debunked

Also I am not getting this Idea of Sonic being treated lightly at all, every CRT we have Cal and DDM arguing against most upgrades, plus we have downgrade threafs like these being spamed every month, this os definitvely not being treated lightly, plus all of thise points DDM made to Shadow have been debunked in those threads were it was accepted

Guys, c'mon.

Everybody is going at each other's throats for what reason? It swirls into an unneeded cesspool of aggressiveness until somebody closes the thread and a new "Staff only" thread is created where next to nobody is knowledgeable on the subject. So please, everyone, just take a breather and relax. Getting worked up is only gonna make all of this harder, and the thread's not going anywhere.

Nothing new is being said here aside from arguing against Special Stages and possibly Solaris/Egg Wizard business at this point. And if that's the case, we should focus on that.

I'll come back later. But I will say this, I do humbly apologize for my recent action. I still stand on what I said and I do honestly believe the things I have said about my view points. Once again, I actually do like Sonic and I don't care if he's stronger than other characters so as long as the justifications are accurate. I was even called "An outraged Sonic fan" for politely calling out Projared when he basically said Sonic Adventure 2 sucked. I even like certain games like Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic and the Black Knight better than most people do. Was just addressing some strawmans I've been hearing about me and people thinking I "hate Sonic" when I don't actually.

But I will come back later to refute any future arguments after I take care of a few things. Cal also still wanted a bit more input from other staff members. Warren also said he might comment.

Edit: Also, deleting comments on the RVR thread is a job for staff members. Editing comments is merely to elaborate clarifications or fix typos and maybe remove words said by accident. The final draft holds more priority then rough drafts.

This thread should probably be closed. It seems to have derailed, turned hostile, and finally inactive.

I will do so, it was also agreed it was best if me, Cal, and Sera discuss this stuff privately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back