• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
If we were to ignore every verse with contradictions, literally no verse would be on this wiki.

Though whether or not this counts as a verse needs.... you guessed it. More input.

I guess Goku can only lift 40 tons, PIS exists in every verse.

And in the movie, it is so minor i feel bad for you for bringing it up, when it was obviously made to tell people about the series.

So, what has been agreed upon?

-ARC-V is real and can use effects in real life

-Cards are real in a Shadow Game

-Although effects cannot be used for DM, animation can, so things like Sparks are fire manipulation

-Very specific and simple card effects like Ra's that have been used in a shadow game can be used.

-Bakura can use cards in real life.

What needs to be agreed upon

-Can Memory World Keys be made?

-Due to the immense amount of additional content, can the 4kids additions be counted as its own verse?

Anything else?

What the hell do you mean with DM effects cant be used?

I tought we did agree they could.

And, memory world keys have literally no reason NOT be made. Unless you want a useless profile around for DM Kaiba and Joey.

And we have to agree if we are going to separate the anime canon (4kids stuff included) from the canon material (manga and stuff written by takahashi.)

Yeah, ill repeat what i said before just so Data cant say i didnt ask him.

"And, if you insist anything that isnt related to Takahashi is not canon, then...well, lets just make another profile.

Like GT Goku and Xeno Goku.

I mean, its only fair, dont you agree?"

Just a heads up. Rapid you should should likely stop using that kind of tone and words like "forcing to accept upgrades". That isnt necessary and is just going to instiagate more issues.

Questions for whoever this interests -

1.- Do you agree with the ABILITIES on the DUEL MONSTERS tag of my Yugi (Proposal) blog or not? If you don´t, explain WHICH abilities should be taken out and WHY.

2.- Aside from Marik, Kaiba, Joey and Bakura, should Yusei Fudo (5Ds) and Jaden Yuki (with Shadow Charms, who can create shadow games) scale to this?

3.-Should we conclude the thread after the aproved abilities have been settled or is there something else that need to be discussed in terms of CARD EFFECTS?

1. In general I don see too many problems, though I'll have to give it a second look.

2. You should probably explain what shadow charms due, but if they make shadow games.

3. Think that's all.

1.-Sure, please let me know any things you might find innacurate so i can finally have these added. 2.- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKQeIz3RIng, they are the dark counterparts of the millenium items, but their actual original are unknown.

Jaden ends up with all 7 of them, giving him the power to create dark games, soul manipulate, sealing, transmutation, put the powers of duel monsters on himself, etc.

3.-OK

Any abilities from Capsule Monsters, I'm not entirely sure yet that I'm willing to include. I'd want to discuss our stance on 4Kids & canon/continuity, as well as matters of timelines, which would need their own thread.

2. Why do Joey & Kaiba scale to Millennium Item users or the like? They have feats in Memory World, but that seems like it's own key, at best. And that might still be up for debate.

3. Have we established if we'll be basing the abilities on what the cards are shown to do in terms of animation and results, based on the setting or IRL's in-game effects, or based on the card text? (In Japanese, card text is visible.)

Frankly, I would prefer an approach based on visible effects. Making Fissure, Raigeki, Smashing Ground & so much more merely "Death Manipulation" doesn't seem entirely right to me.

I haven't replied in a while because I've been tired, & distracted & life is rough. May get back to more dedicated YGO research later, or on Sunday & later.

1.- Its for Duel Monsters only, just focus on those abilities from that tag.

2.-Fine, ignore the non-item users for now.

3.-Well, some cards cant simply be described by "animation", for example, those who increase atk or def, those would be clear cut statistic manipualtion. (Amplification or reduction) or something like Mind Control being Mind Control, and the such. Thats why i want you to tell me which cards seem to be taken out of proportion so we can discuss what effect should it have.

Anyways, lemme explain the timelines once again for your viewing pleasure. Anime DM (anime) - PoL - BBT -Capsule Monsters - GX - Yugi vs Jaden - 5ds, wathever

Manga

DM Manga (Season 0 stuff + DM), YGO R and Dark side of dimensions.

The major difference between the two is that Pegasus dies at duelist kingdom, nd thus, anything he appears in is auto not canon to the manga. Manga Pegasus has transmutation, sinc ehe can turn Bandit keiff' hand into a gun and force him to shoot himself with it.

Back