• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yu-Gi-Oh Content Revisions Steamrolling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since we're not really going anywhere I'll just put my final thoughts on the matter.

I disagree with SomebodyData that Yubel and Judai dying because it makes less sense than they just teleporting away (they turned to light and flew up in the same animation as everyone else who teleported).

But I also disagree with the reasonings for 2-C. It hinges on multiple "what if" speculations, that even if they weren't, I would only give a "possibly" rating anyway.

Can someone link where we determined that the 12 dimensions are separate space times?
tldr they are stated to be parallel universes that work on quantum mechanics this and misawa and his teacher prior the events knew about the existence of parallel universes and misawa was caught in an accident and traveled to the world of duel monsters
keep in mind that our universe is one of the 12 dimensions
Edit: forgot to mention that they're divided by dimensional walls

@Ogbunabali i'm fine with but that still leaves the issue of yubel surviving the fusion since the fusion god wasn't "born" yet

Last edited:
Since we're not really going anywhere I'll just put my final thoughts on the matter.

I disagree with SomebodyData that Yubel and Judai dying because it makes less sense than they just teleporting away (they turned to light and flew up in the same animation as everyone else who teleported).

But I also disagree with the reasonings for 2-C. It hinges on multiple "what if" speculations, that even if they weren't, I would only give a "possibly" rating anyway.
Would this be acceptable solutions for you, @SomebodyData ?

Would this be acceptable solutions for you, @SomebodyData ?

I disagree with Ogbunabali on the teleporting part, since we actually see the people who got teleported and Yubel / Jaden weren't a part of it. Plus, Yubel only exists as part of Jaden's soul afterward, with her physical body gone.

However, I am willing to compromise with: "5-B. 2-C with preparation through Super Polymerization" for Yubel's tier, and "5-B, possibly 2-C" for her durability.

I disagree with Ogbunabali on the teleporting part, since we actually see the people who got teleported and Yubel / Jaden weren't a part of it. Plus, Yubel only exists as part of Jaden's soul afterward, with her physical body gone.

However, I am willing to compromise with: "5-B. 2-C with preparation through Super Polymerization" for Yubel's tier, and "5-B, possibly 2-C" for her durability.
Yubel doesn't matter since she is a spirit by nature what's important is jaden and still to this very post you haven't proven how jaden would survive the explosion since again yubel's regen won't help him fully since she's only a part of his soul and i already debunked the sho's wish argument

And again it's not via prep the first time it's used is against jim after supreme king killed the village so unless we're making a key for off screen supreme king "prep time" isn't happening

@Ogbunabali @Confluctor @Elizhaa @LordGriffin1000

Would this be an acceptable solution for you?

If you're gonna go with the solid rating (5-A) then again you need to fix the inconsistenties in the story
And that being
  • Jaden somehow surviving something that destroyed his whole physical body also no yubel is only a part of him so her mid godly won't help
So yeah you need someone needs to fix the issues in the story otherwise just yeet the solid rating (that being 5-A or 5-B) since it makes no narrative sense nor is anyone even bothering

I don't know why or why not the tier 5 would be inconsistent, I don't even know what the feat for that is.

But while I agree with 2-C via prep for the Super Fusion God, I disagree with the "possibly 2-C" for durability. Because, as I said in my previous post, it relies on way too many what ifs that even if they weren't, it'd still probably only qualify for a "possibly".

I don't know why or why not the tier 5 would be inconsistent, I don't even know what the feat for that is.

But while I agree with 2-C via prep for the Super Fusion God, I disagree with the "possibly 2-C" for durability. Because, as I said in my previous post, it relies on way too many what ifs that even if they weren't, it'd still probably only qualify for a "possibly".
it's not the tier 5 is inconsistent it's the interpretation that comes from it what happened to judai? how is he not dead? how did they yubel and jaden dodge an at least uni+ explosion that was happening right there immediately and that by yubel's statement would destroy all of existence how did the fusion god fuse the dimesnions without being even born?
as i mentioned above prep time for who? an off screen supreme king that was never shown? his first on screen debut is his duel against jim and when he dueled he already perfected super poly and yubel stole super poly from jaden later on

i'm sorry what is a "what if?" i already explained what's the relationship between duelists and monsters overall and how humans amp monsters and monstersd amp humans hell the reason why the spirit world is even a thing is because humans passively sustain it and yubel would scale to both super poly and the fusion god's energy i don't see how any of this is speculation unless you're against scaling to universal energy systems

at first i went along with your ideas because i wanted to end this mess and move on with my life but it appears that i can't do that if the consequences is ******* up the show's plot, i'm gonna make a last post addressing all of this and how yubel not scaling makes no sense

so i'm gonna go over this one last time and explain why yubel would need to scale to the plot to make any sense
so i'm gonna refute some points against yubel scaling

Beginning​

the tldr yubel wanted to fuse the 12 dimensions by using super polymerization when the dimensions fuse they will create a big explosion and then the fusion god will appear this doesn't happening since jaden redericts the fusion to his and yubel's soul thus nullifying the previous fusion
the debate is over whether yubel scales or not
so i'm gonne refute the counter aguments first and then i'm gonna give my opinon on why she should scale or the plot doesn't make much sense

> Super Fusion God will show up and Protect Yubel and Jaden/judai​

the argument comes from this mistranslated statement that says

"十二次元宇宙を統一せし超融合神が ここに誕生する!" "it's the Super Fusion God uniting the twelve dimensions that will now come to life! /be born"
this sounds fine on paper but the problem is that it refers to super poly fusing him rather than the monster itself fusing the dimesnions since he doesn't affect the 12 dimesnions nor does he ever show up
the thing that affects the dimesnions was super poly the card that's gonna summon him by fusing the dimensions as seen here it was already affecting and pulling the dimensions together so the fusion god won't appear until the dimensions are fused and the explosion happens

> at the end of the arc Jaden/Judai has yubel's soul who had Mid-Godly so he can regenerate is entire body​

that is simply untrue since yubel is only a part of his soul not the entirety of it and thus she can't save him she nor does she have any resurrection powers

Why Yubel should scale​

here's my arguments to why yubel should scale and these being

1 as stated by yubel here that by ending everything she would get to be with jaden forever implying the explosion won't be hurt nor is jaden
2 as seen here her copy who was part of the fusion and was actually the medium since the laser that come from super poly that were fusing the 12 dimensions were coming from the her clone dragon which is her evolution
3 because she should scale to the energy of super poly or the fusion god and here are my reasons for this get ready because i'm gonna go deep into some lore

basically, super poly was created from amplified emotions and the evil energy that came from that
now back to the beginning darkness explains that the creation of the universe was started with a card and that it was probably fate for humans to discover duel monsters their origin this shows a picture of pegasus who made a card game based on ancient egyptian battles who fight with KA this means that KAs are monsters and darkness explains that duel monsters became the "touchstone that reflect human souls" this is very important going forward
now we'll go over the how monsters reflect human hearts and how duelists and monsters amp each other in these examples ( 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7 , 8 , 9 )
as you can see human emotions amps monsters and in the 7th example it's visually shown that monsters amp humans too and this emotions does not need to be mutual as seen with bakura using diabound a monster/ka that isn't his and ryo using cyber dragon even though they don't have emotions since they aren't spirits
so logically speaking because everyone in the verse amps and gets amped from monsters logically due to emotions yubel should scale she can also empower herself by using darkness which is what super poly is made of so it's definitely not as a stretch

also just to completely destroy the narrative that Kas and monsters/spirits are different here as you can see here yugi summons mahad by summoning dark magician and in the same ep yugi and his gang fight zorc, zorc completely destroys all of their monsters and when their monsters gets destroyed they lose life points equal to the monster's attack because of the ba system and they state that when their LP eaches 0 they will die even even though they aren't in a duel/shadow game
also here atem summons the gods by awakening his name and that's right atem summons the gods from yugi's deck

Honestly, the light coming from Yubel doesn't seem like supporting evidence to me. She blatantly needs the card to do it, so it's likely that it's the cards effect just radiating off of her since she's holding it.

Also, I don't follow Yu-Gi-Oh lore but them empowering themselves is one thing but unless it's stated she's amplifying herself with Super Poly, then it would amp her AP as well unless amps are just Durability based in the verse...

Honestly, the light coming from Yubel doesn't seem like supporting evidence to me. She blatantly needs the card to do it, so it's likely that it's the cards effect just radiating off of her since she's holding it.

Also, I don't follow Yu-Gi-Oh lore but them empowering themselves is one thing but unless it's stated she's amplifying herself with Super Poly, then it would amp her AP as well unless amps are just Durability based in the verse...
yea the light coming out of her is her aura (her aura is always yellow) but super poly was used for range and i was also mentioning that because of the whole "yubel won't be affected by the explosion" argument because as shown in the clip above she's literally pulling the dimension to her dragon body, also it won't make much sense for her to not scale since as i explained above in her perspective literally all of existence would be wiped and she would stay with jaden who doesn't have any regen whatsoever a that moment

well they if you accept the empowerment thing due to emotions, then she would scale to the darkness/energy produced by super poly or the fusion god
since it's kinda of an insane stretch to say that everyone human in existence can amp monsters such as creating the spirit world and random spirits duelists like ryo and even a random child can but yubel a spirit a high ranking spirit can't do the same

Last edited:
yea the light coming out of her is her aura (her aura is always yellow) but super poly was used for range and i was also mentioning that because of the whole "yubel won't be affected by the explosion" argument because as shown in the clip above she's literally pulling the dimension to her dragon body, also it won't make much sense for her to not scale since as i explained above in her perspective literally all of existence would be wiped and she would stay with jaden who doesn't have any regen whatsoever a that moment

well they if you accept the empowerment thing due to emotions, then she would scale to the darkness/energy produced by super poly or the fusion god
since it's kinda of an insane stretch to say that everyone human in existence can amp monsters such as creating the spirit world and random spirits duelists like ryo and even a random child can but yubel a spirit a high ranking spirit can't do the same

While I do accept empowerment thru emotions to a degree, I don't think we can say it happened here. Like Griffin said, it's pretty clear Yubel needs that card for Super Poly. And that card is a direct result of prep.

While I do accept empowerment thru emotions to a degree, I don't think we can say it happened here. Like Griffin said, it's pretty clear Yubel needs that card for Super Poly. And that card is a direct result of prep.
My guy i never stated that she could affect the 12 dimensions by her self it's just that she has at the very least that amount of energy there's alot of characters who have higher ap like Universal but lack the range
It looks like the recent comments agree with my initial suggestion of 5-B, 2-C with Super Polymerization. I think we should be done here
You literally just conceded that she should scale to super poly

And to this very post literally no one addressed my points like the contradictions etc that's what pisses me the **** off i was literally told "yeah this is not enough" without any reason

also i didn't address this but monsters/spirits are bron from spirit energy or one's mind
zorc gets ****** by slifer's attack but after a darkness amp he manhandles it with one hand and states that it's due to the amp ( scans )

I have a hard time keeping track of what has been accepted here.

@Ogbunabali @Elizhaa @LordGriffin1000 @Confluctor

Would this be acceptable to you?
ant literally no one engaged with my counter arguments no one addressed the contradictions or addressed my spirit energy points
beside some misunderstanding what i meant like @LordGriffin1000 thinking i was arguing for 2-C range for yubel when i was arguing for her to have 2-C energy
and the opposition literally concedes on the spirit energy part here
like how are you gonna accept a revision that literally makes contradictions in the story without even addressing or even trying yo fix said contradictions
this is ridiculous

I was asked to give my perspective on this thread, however (in no small part due to my lack of experience with this verse) I'm having trouble understanding what exactly is being presented. From my understanding in the thread so far, the main debate is centered around a 2-C explosion and whether it can or cannot be tanked by Yubel with or without Super Polymerization. The last few posts seem to suggest people so far agree that it can be tanked with Super Polymerization, but not in base.

If I'm understanding this correctly (which, do correct me if I'm not), I unfortunately probably can't give a decisive opinion without a better understanding of the verse and the context of the feat. If a short post could be compiled to summarise the context of the feat and the arguments for/against it being valid for 2-C, I should be able to give more meaningful input here.

so i'm gonna go over this one last time and explain why yubel would need to scale to the plot to make any sense
so i'm gonna refute some points against yubel scaling

Beginning​

the tldr yubel wanted to fuse the 12 dimensions by using super polymerization when the dimensions fuse they will create a big explosion and then the fusion god will appear this doesn't happening since jaden redericts the fusion to his and yubel's soul thus nullifying the previous fusion
the debate is over whether yubel scales or not
so i'm gonne refute the counter aguments first and then i'm gonna give my opinon on why she should scale or the plot doesn't make much sense

> Super Fusion God will show up and Protect Yubel and Jaden/judai​

the argument comes from this mistranslated statement that says

"十二次元宇宙を統一せし超融合神が ここに誕生する!" "it's the Super Fusion God uniting the twelve dimensions that will now come to life! /be born"
this sounds fine on paper but the problem is that it refers to super poly fusing him rather than the monster itself fusing the dimesnions since he doesn't affect the 12 dimesnions nor does he ever show up
the thing that affects the dimesnions was super poly the card that's gonna summon him by fusing the dimensions as seen here it was already affecting and pulling the dimensions together so the fusion god won't appear until the dimensions are fused and the explosion happens

> at the end of the arc Jaden/Judai has yubel's soul who had Mid-Godly so he can regenerate is entire body​

that is simply untrue since yubel is only a part of his soul not the entirety of it and thus she can't save him she nor does she have any resurrection powers

Why Yubel should scale​

here's my arguments to why yubel should scale and these being

1 as stated by yubel here that by ending everything she would get to be with jaden forever implying the explosion won't be hurt nor is jaden
2 as seen here her copy who was part of the fusion and was actually the medium since the laser that come from super poly that were fusing the 12 dimensions were coming from the her clone dragon which is her evolution
3 because she should scale to the energy of super poly or the fusion god and here are my reasons for this get ready because i'm gonna go deep into some lore

basically, super poly was created from amplified emotions and the evil energy that came from that
now back to the beginning darkness explains that the creation of the universe was started with a card and that it was probably fate for humans to discover duel monsters their origin this shows a picture of pegasus who made a card game based on ancient egyptian battles who fight with KA this means that KAs are monsters and darkness explains that duel monsters became the "touchstone that reflect human souls" this is very important going forward
now we'll go over the how monsters reflect human hearts and how duelists and monsters amp each other in these examples ( 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7 , 8 , 9 )
as you can see human emotions amps monsters and in the 7th example it's visually shown that monsters amp humans too and this emotions does not need to be mutual as seen with bakura using diabound a monster/ka that isn't his and ryo using cyber dragon even though they don't have emotions since they aren't spirits
so logically speaking because everyone in the verse amps and gets amped from monsters logically due to emotions yubel should scale she can also empower herself by using darkness which is what super poly is made of so it's definitely not as a stretch
Someone needs to properly refute these points of his before trying to come to any form of conclusion.

And it seems LordGriffin might have misunderstood what Zencha was saying, so we should wait for him to come back and respond - when possible.

Also, I don't think this thread needs to be rushed this quickly. Its a pretty important one and it has been going on since July, so a few more days won't hurt.

I was asked to give my perspective on this thread, however (in no small part due to my lack of experience with this verse) I'm having trouble understanding what exactly is being presented. From my understanding in the thread so far, the main debate is centered around a 2-C explosion and whether it can or cannot be tanked by Yubel with or without Super Polymerization. The last few posts seem to suggest people so far agree that it can be tanked with Super Polymerization, but not in base.

If I'm understanding this correctly (which, do correct me if I'm not), I unfortunately probably can't give a decisive opinion without a better understanding of the verse and the context of the feat. If a short post could be compiled to summarise the context of the feat and the arguments for/against it being valid for 2-C, I should be able to give more meaningful input here.
tldr super poly is a spell that was going to fuse the 12 dimension and when the 12 dimension get fused an explosion would occur and the fusion god will be summoned
but before that judai(or jaden in the dub) uses a trap that redirects the fusion to his and yubel's souls
they get fused and then explosion happens BFRing everyone to their original dimensions
scans ( 1 , 2 )

the arguments against it is as follows

she needs super poly in order to do the feat​

as explained in these scans ( 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7 , 8 , 9 ) in the 4th one it's explained that duel monsters reflect human souls and the rest show that cards can amp duelists (card users) and duelists can amp cards
so what i'm saying is that yubel would have the energy of the super fusion god and the energy of super poly not that she would have 2-C range
this would also give her a pre and post super poly&fusion god key

there's too many what ifs​

yubel stated that in her perspective that everything would end ( last 2 scans ) so there's no way that yubel would BFR herself and judai to another place given that everything would end and you can't say they'll both die given it contradicts yubel's motivation of being together forever with judai
also during the explosion yubel was in base and the 12 dimensions were going to be fused inside of yubel's copy (the dragon) since the dragon is a part of the fusion and the lasers seem to come from yubel's aura in addition to super poly giving it range to affect and to the 12 dimensions
said lasers were pulling to the inside of yubel's dragon body so she would be affected
scans ( 1 , the two vids show the laser and stuff)

and that's pretty much it iirc

tldr super poly is a spell that was going to fuse the 12 dimension and when the 12 dimension get fused an explosion would occur and the fusion god will be summoned
but before that judai(or jaden in the dub) uses a trap that redirects the fusion to his and yubel's souls
they get fused and then explosion happens BFRing everyone to their original dimensions
scans ( 1 , 2 )

the arguments against it is as follows

she needs super poly in order to do the feat​

as explained in these scans ( 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7 , 8 , 9 ) in the 4th one it's explained that duel monsters reflect human souls and the rest show that cards can amp duelists (card users) and duelists can amp cards
so what i'm saying is that yubel would have the energy of the super fusion god and the energy of super poly not that she would have 2-C range
this would also give her a pre and post super poly&fusion god key

there's too many what ifs​

yubel stated that in her perspective that everything would end ( last 2 scans ) so there's no way that yubel would BFR herself and judai to another place given that everything would end and you can't say they'll both die given it contradicts yubel's motivation of being together forever with judai
also during the explosion yubel was in base and the 12 dimensions were going to be fused inside of yubel's copy (the dragon) since the dragon is a part of the fusion and the lasers seem to come from yubel's aura in addition to super poly giving it range to affect and to the 12 dimensions
said lasers were pulling to the inside of yubel's dragon body so she would be affected
scans ( 1 , the two vids show the laser and stuff)

and that's pretty much it iirc
Mhm, okay. There's one thing sticking out to me I'd like to inquire on.

In the fourth scan (which you state explains that "duel monsters reflect human souls", it states this: "But so, too, did duel monsters become the touchstone by which human hearts could be judged. They became mirrors of the heart". This is admittedly, again, a contextual issue, but I'm unsure how literal this statement is supposed to be. Could you explain this point in further detail? If your argument is based on the idea that human souls are reflections of duel monsters and that therefore Yubel = Super Poly, then this would fail to hold water if duel monsters being "mirrors of the heart" is simply figurative.

Theoretically, if Yubel = Super Poly in strength and the feat of the explosion is valid for 2-C, I can see myself agreeing with this.

Mhm, okay. There's one thing sticking out to me I'd like to inquire on.

In the fourth scan (which you state explains that "duel monsters reflect human souls", it states this: "But so, too, did duel monsters become the touchstone by which human hearts could be judged. They became mirrors of the heart". This is admittedly, again, a contextual issue, but I'm unsure how literal this statement is supposed to be. Could you explain this point in further detail? If your argument is based on the idea that human souls are reflections of duel monsters and that therefore Yubel = Super Poly, then this would fail to hold water if duel monsters being "mirrors of the heart" is simply figurative.

Theoretically, if Yubel = Super Poly in strength and the feat of the explosion is valid for 2-C, I can see myself agreeing with this.
it is very much literal as it references the previous show where humans used to get judged by the millennium items due to KAs being the reflection of their emotions
scans ( 1 )

also if you aren't sure about KAs being monsters/spirits then here's the evidence
also just to completely destroy the narrative that Kas and monsters/spirits are different here as you can see here yugi summons mahad by summoning dark magician and in the same ep yugi and his gang fight zorc, zorc completely destroys all of their monsters and when their monsters gets destroyed they lose life points equal to the monster's attack because of the ba system and they state that when their LP eaches 0 they will die even even though they aren't in a duel/shadow game
also here atem summons the gods by awakening his name and that's right atem summons the gods from yugi's deck
here

Hmm. Okay.

So, duel monsters are reflections of human souls, and so Super Poly is a reflection of Yubel's soul. Super Poly is capable of creating a 2-C explosion, and so by being a reflection of Yubel's soul, Yubel should be as strong. Therefore, Yubel is 2-C. Do I understand this correctly?

I'm admittedly unconvinced that being a reflection of their soul means that they are equivalent in strength. It seems entirely plausible, and I see the line of reasoning, but I don't see anything in the sources that would constitute proof of that being the case. However, while I would like proof of this, this is also the kind of thing I'd expect knowledgeables on the verse to be able to evaluate independently. If this can be verified by any means, I'd be willing to say I don't have issues with it.

Thank you very much for helping out, DarkGrath.

You as well, Confluctor.

Hmm. Okay.

So, duel monsters are reflections of human souls, and so Super Poly is a reflection of Yubel's soul. Super Poly is capable of creating a 2-C explosion, and so by being a reflection of Yubel's soul, Yubel should be as strong. Therefore, Yubel is 2-C. Do I understand this correctly?

I'm admittedly unconvinced that being a reflection of their soul means that they are equivalent in strength. It seems entirely plausible, and I see the line of reasoning, but I don't see anything in the sources that would constitute proof of that being the case. However, while I would like proof of this, this is also the kind of thing I'd expect knowledgeables on the verse to be able to evaluate independently. If this can be verified by any means, I'd be willing to say I don't have issues with it.
it is more like yubel's emotions amps super poly and super poly amps yubel back since super poly was created from the darkness of some people's heart ( 1 )
and so yubel's wil/emotion will amp super poly&the fusion god and they will amp her back since we know it's how it works ( 1 )
and we already know yubel can get amped from darkness ( 1 )
like for example the reason why zorc and the bandits are so strong is due to human emotions and since you know MT think of it like personas but humans can't exert this amont of energy without duels/duel monsters ( 1 , 2 )
sadly there's not that many knowledgeables except maybe @Alonik but i'm not sure if he cares about the wiki though feel free to ping Him though he might reply

Last edited:
The emotions empowerment to the summoner doesn't seem fully scalable to AP from the profiles so I am somewhat uneasy on this point.
because the profiles suck i was gonna make a crt for empowerment scaling later on with the big yugioh revision i was planning but this crt came first
so unless everyone doesn't support universal energy systems for some reason i don't see any reason to reject this
and @Ogbunabali still hasn't fixed the contradictions nor did he reply to my post about yubel ending all of existence and thus not having that many "what ifs" and he still didn't elaborate on how many what ifs so do you honestly think this is a valid or fair reasoning ?
ignoring the inconsistencies in the plot stating that there's too many "what ifs" without elaborating and not engaging with any of the scans ( 1 , 2 )that debunks your arguments

It seems like SomebodyData, Ogbunabali, and Elizhaa have reached an agreement here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back