• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
ok where on this thread was it agreed that yugi would physically be 5-A in terms of physical durability, have limiteless stamina, have 10s of kilometers in range for spells, and have the low 2-c feat accepeted?

with reflection its rather clear to me that the compromise isnt working out. i don't believe it would accurately portray the characters.

yugi does not have 5-A durability nor limitless stamina. thats the gods.

which was accepted on this thread where?

and what about everythibg else?

Everything else? If you mean the abilities they are already on the thread, man.

The Gods do, and they defend Yugi by card game rules, so...

Yeah, man.

Pretty much cut and dry imo

which means nothing if yugi is physically not 5-A in dura

hiw about the spell range or limitless stamina

i still dont see where the feat was accepted.

Hmmm,

I mean, 5-A isn't necessarily invalid, especially with how we treat pokemon teams and whatnot. We just need to make whatever we do consistent.

@Rapid

You do have scans for the timeline feat, right?

Oh, I'm not disputing it was rushed.

@Rapid

You should probably change the key name to "with monsteres"', or say 5-A with summons.

@Yobobojojo: There's also ambiguity as to when time supposedly stops in the timeline, if it stopped at all. The audience is to believe it stopped because Yugi observes nobody's on the streets today, & Jaden notices an analogue clock reading exactly 9, & we never see that clock again. Jaden's reaction to it is to conclude "Time is stopped. I get it! This is a special time space for me and Yugi-san!"

Everything following that is part of their duel, or something a duelist says/does. Other than the audience being expected to believe what the characters say, there's a lack of confirmation of the time stop after that clock.

Time being stopped wouldn't make sense, at least, not before that clock is noticed, because....

The paper showing Yugi won Battle City, implying it happened, Yugi's flashback of sleeping & having a prophetic dream from Kuriboh, that paper flying onto Jaden's leg from the wind, Yugi saying goodbye to his grandpa... who's offscreen & voiceless, so he can't be affirmed to be timestopped or not, but unless Yugi doesn't know Solomon/Sugoroku is timestopped, why would he say goodbye to him?

And the feat being Yugi's is questionable, too, because:

Winged Kuriboh leads Jaden to Yugi. Yugi says about it "I gave you a card three years ago to test whether or not you'd become a worthy enough duelist to possess it.", & has Jaden hold it over Yugi's cards. 2:16, Yugi's cards glow, then Winged Kuriboh does. Around 2:19, we can see WK glowing, but not Yugi's cards... then Jaden gets transported.

WK's feats aside, it is a Duel Spirit, & one Yugi gave Jaden a 3-year worthiness-of-ownership test for. Wouldn't it be reasonable to assume it has some kind of power, then? And the Duel was to help Jaden find something he'd lost.

Because of the dialogue "That card will guide you to the strongest of all Duelists!" "Strongest Duelist? One besides you?", we can assume it isn't Atem, since Yugi calling himself the strongest duelist rather than the King of Games is a bit odd, especially if he means himself, why'd he involve Atem in the duel then, even partially?

Millenmium Items often make illusions or show things. Transporting people places isn't stuff they do often. Yet not only is Jaden started pre-duel, but when the duel ends at Neos attacking Slifer, Jaden ends up back in the present, in a desert far from any of the previous 2 locations, where a bird caws overhead, affirming it's the present & time flows. & it doesn't seem like that relocation was Yugi, Atem, Jaden or Yubel's doing.

Oh and Yugi didn't have his Millennium Puzzle anyway.

So if he was reason to believe this wasn't Atem, & there was no Millennium Item involved, then who seems more reasonable to assume did the magic? Semi-regular kid Yugi Muto, or the Duel Spirit, Winged Kuriboh?

Again, it's ambiguous.

Lastly, I'm not sure this would be a Low 2-C feat; The timeline Jaden is sent to is AT BEST, Solar System Level because Yugi's statement implies there's a day-night cycle, requiring a sun, but we never see any sun nor stars. There's clouds in the sky, but the area is mostly just a small portion of Domino City.

5-A with Monsters seems more specific.

Now, i did add "In a Dark Game" as his Duel Monsters form since this Yugi cannot use DM hax outside of Dark Games.

We should probably remove the low 2-c

Also, you said Egyptian god cards =/= season 5 earlier in the thread right? If so, not sure we can scale him to 5-A. We might also have to put " with Egyptian God's" because they're >>>> everything else.

@Imaginym

I think it can be inferred a large paret of it was adult Yugi. AP would be high 3-A if it's legit though

Well, that would be innacurate, since that tier includes most of his DM hax that does include more cards than just the gods, and those cards are at least 5-A because they are at least as strong as the Season 5 Gods.

You can say that his 5-A is with the god cards (like i have already done) in his AP, but the name of the form is still "In a Dark Game."

Anyways, that 5-A is temporal, since we are discussing High 3-A infinite Obelisk and At least 3-A Knight of Destiny on the Yu-Gi-Oh tiering thread.

We're almost at the message limit. Anything else that needs to be discussed? (Tiering discussions should be moved to that CRT as well)

Jaden notes how the place they are in has no time running/time is stopped and that the place was literally "a Special Space created just for Yugi and me".

Anyways, i think some GX scaling is needed here, since the Jaden we have has quite a bit of abilities missing (Shadow Charms, resisting Mind Control, etc.) and that the Dueling Aura determines just how strong a duelist is. (Aka when he "feels" your deck.) since Yugi is the strongest he has ever seen up to that point. So, even if Low 2-C Yugi is rejected, GX Yugi´s deck must be at least as strong as GX´s final villian (I think it was Darkness, right?).

How are those cards even remotely comparable to the Egyptian Gods?

I'm just saying it should be specified he is only 5-A with those 3 cards out of his entire deck.

Also didn't you say they are different to the season 5 Gods earlier in this thread to explain why season 5 cast didn't have their abilities?

I mean ok, go ahead and discuss it. But I'm rethinking the compromise already so hurry.

The entire stronger than anything he has seen before was in reference to the three Egyptian gods, not the entirity of his deck.

Yeah, sure. Nothing is comparable to the Gods on his deck, so the Tiering is because of the gods.

But the form has more than these three cards on his deck.

--

I said that they were different, but their strenght is at least comparable. Season 4 has Tier 3 feats that we have to discuss on the tiering thread, so the 5-A is the placeholder/bare mininum the gods should have by scaling to Zorc.

--

Discussing GX?

Wanna me to make another thread?

If you want to, just delete the Low 2-C tiering for now and we can just add it back later if deemed reasonable, i really dont want to start more trouble around nor being rushed to convincing people of GX shenanigans.

--

Back